The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

I'd agree on Morgan as he is more their type of worker and all the big men in WWE are on their last legs and their replacements so far have failed. Shelly will be in jobberville.

TNA is more enjoyable then WWE right now apart from Punk and if ya like him Bryan and to a lesser extent Christian and Jericho. Rest is just a snoooze fest. TNA just has the shittiest brand perception in the world within the IWC. I'd rather have to endure some bad and get more good then get some good and a lot of snore.

TNA are currently putting out better shows than WWE right now IMO - I agree that WWE is boring as hell, I'm only interested in D Bryan and that's because he is playing his role so well. Take Hogan (and Mr. Anderson maybe) off screen and it would be a great show. It's not great but WWE is an embarrassment at the moment.

I'd agree on Morgan as he is more their type of worker and all the big men in WWE are on their last legs and their replacements so far have failed.

They are already pushing 3 big men heavily atm: Lord Tensai, Brodus Clay and Ryback; how many more can they do at a time, when also keeping Big Show and Kane as main eventers?

They are already pushing 3 big men heavily atm: Lord Tensai, Brodus Clay and Ryback; how many more can they do at a time, when also keeping Big Show and Kane as main eventers?

Too soon to say those have failed but all before them have and note I wrote SO FAR eg these guys I couldn't say for now. Although Tensai and Brodus aren't looking good for those spots so far. Rybeck is not a big man hes a power dude.

More then a couple of Inches so yeah. And if he went into hyper buff up training mode (roids cough cough) even more. It's about the role they can play and way they wrestle although power dudes and Big Men are similar in some aspects they are different.

Shelly will be in jobberville.

I don't think you can really say that anymore. CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, have both had monster pushes. Guys like Low Ki were getting pushed before they reminded everyone they're Low Ki and they left. If this was 2002 then yes but these days lots of guys that normally wouldn't get chances have gotten chances.

I don't watch the WWE because its boring to me, I don't watch TNA because its boring to me. Does it really matter which one is better when they're both dull? I've tried to watch both in the last few months and I'm just bored. The only time TNA has interested me is when Sting was walking around playing Jim Carey playing the Joker.

The only time TNA has interested me is when Sting was walking around playing Jim Carey playing the Joker.

This really has been the only interesting thing in TNA for awhile .. James Storm is fun but ... Where has he gone!? I haven't watched WWE regular since 01/02 so it wouldn't be fair for me to compare them, but TNA just seems to be far too much Hogan/Bischoff (and this is from a guy who has always liked Bischoff (Eric not Garrett)) and random weirdness. Like months of Abyss playing his own brother searching for Abyss ... This is Pro Wrestling and not Lost right!?

Like months of Abyss playing his own brother searching for Abyss ... This is Pro Wrestling and not Lost right!?

Wait a second you mean to tell me that is Abyss playing his own brother and not Penn from Penn and Teller?:D

http://fluffrick.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/penn-jillette.jpghttp://www.impactwrestling.com/media/k2/galleries/3402/IMG_0089.jpg

Wait a second you mean to tell me that is Abyss playing his own brother and not Penn from Penn and Teller?:D

I'll be honest .. The first time i saw him you could of told me it was Penn and i'd of just accepted it :o .. Really does look like him.

I don't think you can really say that anymore. CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, have both had monster pushes. Guys like Low Ki were getting pushed before they reminded everyone they're Low Ki and they left. If this was 2002 then yes but these days lots of guys that normally wouldn't get chances have gotten chances.

I don't watch the WWE because its boring to me, I don't watch TNA because its boring to me. Does it really matter which one is better when they're both dull? I've tried to watch both in the last few months and I'm just bored. The only time TNA has interested me is when Sting was walking around playing Jim Carey playing the Joker.

It's not just the size etc thing, being a "TNA guy" hasn't helped so far either. Plus there is only room for so many guys of that style and size at the top of the roster. And if those type of guys are not on top they are at the bottom.

This really has been the only interesting thing in TNA for awhile .. James Storm is fun but ... Where has he gone!? I haven't watched WWE regular since 01/02 so it wouldn't be fair for me to compare them, but TNA just seems to be far too much Hogan/Bischoff (and this is from a guy who has always liked Bischoff (Eric not Garrett)) and random weirdness. Like months of Abyss playing his own brother searching for Abyss ... This is Pro Wrestling and not Lost right!?

EB is off screen for now and they are toning down Hogan and GB lately, hope it lasts. On the Abyss thing meh pretty standard storyline and has been executed decently so far. Storm had a big video last week covering his thoughts on losing to Roode and IRL is taking some time off to heal injuries.

BTW Heath Ledger Joker you mean right Stennick. Jim Carey was The Riddler. And BTW what wrestling are you enjoying now then?

BTW Heath Ledger Joker you mean right Stennick. Jim Carey was The Riddler. And BTW what wrestling are you enjoying now then?

He may have had Heath Ledger Joker style facepaint, but the character acted like Jim Carrey's Riddler and Cesar Romero's Joker. He acted nothing like Ledger's portrayal. He was silly and over the top. Both of which describe Carrey's Riddler and Romero's Joker.

Yeah I meant Jim Carey, his facial expressions, his mannerisms, were Jim Carey like. Not just riddler like but I always thought Sting sort of looked like Jim Carey without the make up. If it wasn't four am here I would google some pictures and compare the two.

Anyway I agree that the WWE won't be flooding their main events with guys like Alex Shelley and I agree that he most likely will go to OVW for a year and come back as Nick Draven or some no descript generic name. That being said what has he done in TNA? He was part of the MCMG's but honestly? Big deal. That team was so hyped and they are a one time TNA tag team champions. They have been a regular team since 2007 is what Wikipedia is telling me. So in five years I understand injuries, etc however in five years Alex Shelley has gotten one TNA Tag Team Championship.

For reference during the same time Beer Money are four time champions. Eric Young is a two time TNA Tag Team Champion and a two time NWA tag team champion. Mexican America have as many tag team titles as MCMG. I could go on to list all sorts of teams that have had more or in some cases as many tag reigns as the team that has been touted for five years as "the best"

Seriously just go to MCMG wiki page and just read how many times "they challenged for the title but were unsuccessful" its almost sad how badly they failed with MCMG so at the very least I'd say Shelley has as good of a chance to become a one time WWE tag team champion as he does staying in obscurity in TNA.

On a non ranting manner I'm not watching any wrestling right now. What are The Pope, Ken Anderson and RVD doing right now. Is Jay Lethal in ROH still? Was it ever revealed exactly why they let this guy go. And is it safe to say Jay Lethal is the one guy that was basically MADE. In fact it almost would have been worth the money to bring Flair in if they would have completed the making of Jay Lethal that started with Flair. On another side note what happened in the company that made them stop pushing guys like Lethal. The Pope was another one he got hurt but before that I went to several shows and the people were loving The Pope "Pope is Pimpin *clap clap clap* was heard in every arena I went to. So why take a guy that had created a character that was his own, that he was comfortable with and completely de push him after he got over. Same goes for Jay Lethal, he was over like crazy and then they just stopped pushing him. All of this happened right before the "They storyline" when Fortune was just being born in around March of that year.

I'm not saying that TNA isn't doing some good things now (I wouldn't know) but in March of 09 TNA was my favorite wrestling promotion I didn't miss a single show and paid to go to several arena shows including Lockdown of that year. Then all the guys I wanted to see were ignored for one reason or another and just like that I stopped paying money for the product.

I'm watching Slammiversary 2007 since my computer is on the fritz. I forgot how much I enjoyed Rhino and TNA in general back then. Rick Steiner's mystery partner build stuff is awesome and someone who is such a massive Steiner/Road Warriors fan, it's amazing to see them team together

After work, I checked out the end of TNA and I was wondering why Bobby Roode was the champion? I haven't watched in a while, and I'm thinking to myself, there is Sting, RVD, Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy (I think he's still there, isn't he?), etc.. Why Bobby Roode. I admit I was thinking to myself how stupid it was to have him with the belt, but I watched on. Spoiler, just in case rest in white.

He win's, and I believe it was clean (people playing cards, eating dinner, etc... I wasn't 100% watching), against AJ Styles... I was ticked off.... Then he celebrates. He asks for Hogan, who last time I watched was a heel, to celebrate with him. I'm thinking how dumb all this is, especially since the crowd (and I've always thought TNA crowds were horrible at loving every single thing they do, no matter how dumb) didn't seem to be into it at all. Here comes Hogan, and he's getting cheers... Ok, I get it now, Hogan is a Face, or close to being face or something now. Hogan gets in the ring, and to cut this short, basically lets Rude know that Sting is here to celebrate, and that Sting would be the next guy he's going against. I also learned that Rude has the longest running Title reign (Don't know if it's true, just what they said). I suddenly see what they are doing here.... Stacking the deck against rude in a "Face" way, and he's overcoming it. IF they keep it going, they will eventually make him much more popular then he has ever been I would imagine, if Rude can carry himself right (and I always felt he was able to do so, so we will see).

Something else happened... I realized all the sudden, at least the part I had seen, that I liked the show. I have to admit, the only reason I checked it out at all, was because Hide had said something about it being better. For those that are still watching TNA, does it seem to be overall quite a bit better to you now?

I have a love hate thing for TNA. I love the roster, hate the show. If they change for the better though, I will definitely be checking them out. So many people on their roster that I used to be huge fans of, I would really like to watch them again if the story lines don't become totally silly or outright dumb.

Me either, til' last night.... Thus the question was to those that are watching it NOW.:p

Last night seemed like a good show, though that was the first one I've watched in at least a year. I just watched because Joey Ryan was going to be on. :cool: It was a lot better than I expected.

It's been consistantly good IMO for a good few months, they still make really stupid decision, but for the first time since Hulk joined in Jan 2010, I feel like it's better than WWE. Get rid of Hulk and it would be enjoyable virtually all the way through just because they actually have good matches on TV to make up for the stupid things which WWE mostly doesn't. That said with Brooke joining I can see it taking a downward turn. :(

It is better, not perfect but better. Lot more structure and continuity in the storylines etc. Plus the gap between Nostalgia talent, Known somewhere else guys, and TNA me guys has gotten a lot smaller. Nostalgia are now mainly in support roles, as GM Hogan still appears plenty but he does it in a good way by putting over talent and not himself and he's just new in the role. Plus TNA talent is getting wins over the other guys.

There are still bad parts, hello Garret Bischoff. But with the improved structure/booking it is pretty enjoyable atm. As always if you haven't watched in a while it is confusing so you need to give it some time but since Lockdown things have been pretty good and the lead up too lockdown was good minus GB.

It's been consistantly good IMO for a good few months, they still make really stupid decision, but for the first time since Hulk joined in Jan 2010, I feel like it's better than WWE. Get rid of Hulk and it would be enjoyable virtually all the way through just because they actually have good matches on TV to make up for the stupid things which WWE mostly doesn't.

Well Hulk is finally being used as he should be, putting over the talent instead of himself. If his presence lessens a bit once hes fully settled as GM hes doing great. Garret Bischoff and the heel sympathy jobbers Robbie E and T are the only ones I have real problems with watching. And Madison but that's more personal I think then the other 3.

I've always thought TNA crowds were horrible at loving every single thing they do, no matter how dumb.

Well to an extent I blame that on where they film as they have people when and what to cheer about. I often wonder how many of those "fans" are actually wrestling fans. I know there are real fans in their crowd but I wonder what the percentage of real fans are in the crowd.

I remember I went to a WCW show at MGM back in the early 1990's and it was like being on a damn game show. They had one of those old applause signs that would light up every time they wanted the fans to react to something. Having never been to a TNA taping, I am not sure if they do that but a friend told me that they do have people urging the fans to react to stuff.

I read once that they hired Mactors (Model/Actors) to sit in the front row facing the camera. I am not sure if that is still the case or not, but I do notice that there is usually a group of four or so hot chicks sitting in the front row at every show.