The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

So, the Aces & Eights VP...gotta be Joseph Park right?

It's just that I saw that bit at the end of Impact, and the only person who matches him for size and shape is Park/Abyss.

Unless they bring in someone else. But who would they bring in from outside that would be that big of a shock to Angle?

Gotta be Park?

Kind of a let down if it is.

I was thinking Bully Ray would wind up being the guy behind this but who knows and honestly I don't know of anyone that cares. This storyline has dragged and so far the only members we know about are WWE jobbers and TNA jobbers. Not a single "big name" or interesting person or event has happened.

Bully Ray wins at Lockdown and both Hogan and Sting come down to celebrate with him when Aces and 8's appear. Bully looks ready to fight them off but at the last second smashes the World title on the back of Sting's head. They beat down Hogan, Sting, and Hardy. You end lockdown with Ray holding the World Title up while surrounded by the Aces and 8's members.

I think the Bully Ray call is something most people have predicted - but who do you think was unmasked by Angle? Bully Ray was in the ring and it was the build/size of Park but they may have used a stand in. Will make as much sense as some of the other reveals.

The guy unmasked by Angle... I'm pretty sure it's going to be D-Lo. I've been pretty sure he's deliberately been booked to be one of the group from the start, being the guy who would let them in early on in the angle. I'm also pretty sure he is meant to be the guy who hurt Al Snow so that he could be one of the judges alongside Taz when Brisco was on his Gut Check. Basically, Aces and Eights rigged it to make sure Brisco got in and to give them another way to have dicked around with TNA. :) D-Lo is the VP, the second in command of the group before we get the big reveal of whoever the true leader of the group is. I'm also pretty sure Angle is going to be mysteriously not around on next week's Impact, leading to a return at the PPV where he reveals who he saw. And then the consequences of that on the following Impact.

As such, I'm pretty sure TNA are deliberately seeding that we're supposed to think it's Bully Ray and it isn't going to be. Bully may win at the PPV (which I would love at this point) but I don't see the leader of Aces and Eights being revealed until Slammiversary. I think they'll tease storylines that Bully is behind it, I think they'll tease that some other people are behind it, but I don't think we're going to get that reveal for a while yet.

I'm not sure who the leader is going to be though. I want to know, I care about finding out and whoever has written the storyline has done a good job of seeding a lot of things ahead of time without making everything too obvious. There are a lot of people who hate on it, and on TNA in general... I don't know why they bother watching if they hate it so much. For the first time in years TNA has forethought being put into their storylines and it shows. Not everyone is going to like everything, but they are doing a lot right compared to the WWE who keep losing me by having 90% of their shows not interest me at all.

Unrelated note.... was anyone else impressed with both of the woman on the Gut Check? The big gal looked like she could be a great monster heel just due to her sheer size compared to her opponent. And the other girl with her MMA skills (however genuine they may be) seemed to be different from the current crop of girls. TNA have a lot of talented girls but they all seem to do a little of everything, which makes none of them really stand out. I'm kinda hoping TNA keep both the gals from the Gut Check as they might both be able to offer something different, but if I had to pick one I hope the big girl gets the nod despite the defeat. :)

New X-division champion too... glad King has the belt but the finish was bad. Not sure what happened at the end there but I'm hoping that he gets a lengthy reign with the belt. In my opinion he's pretty much been the star of the X Division since he made his debut in TNA and I'm looking forward to seeing him face some real competition in the division... and hoping for RVD to leave the division. He's slower and while he's tried to step up to keep up with the newer guys, he just doesn't have as much in the tank any more and it shows. I'm hoping AJ Styles returns to the X Division and starts to tear it up (after Lockdown) as "his" division while the likes of King, Ion, Dutt and whoever else is left in the division put on some great matches.

Whatever happens, I'm looking forward to next week's show and to the PPV in 8 days. Should be fun and I'm looking forward to seeing the pay-off from these angles. The more TNA invest in developing their own talent rather than older WWE talent, the better. And they've got a long of youngsters moving up, which makes me very happy. :)

MINOR EDIT: I love that the Aces and Eights clubhouse has been discovered at last... convenient timing given that TNA are about to go on the road, and a nicely written little thing to put into the script. TNA seem to be be getting better at adding little touches like that to the shows and it's those little bits that put a smile on my face. The one exception being the Jeff Hardy "injury" for the last month or so... that was weak, especially given how injured he got from one shot.

Unrelated note.... was anyone else impressed with both of the woman on the Gut Check? The big gal looked like she could be a great monster heel just due to her sheer size compared to her opponent. And the other girl with her MMA skills (however genuine they may be) seemed to be different from the current crop of girls. TNA have a lot of talented girls but they all seem to do a little of everything, which makes none of them really stand out. I'm kinda hoping TNA keep both the gals from the Gut Check as they might both be able to offer something different, but if I had to pick one I hope the big girl gets the nod despite the defeat. :)

The bigger girl is Lei'D Tapa. Her uncle is The Barbarian, so she's got a serious pedigree there if you ask me. Wasn't the other girl (Ivelisse?) part of Tough Enough?

Both were pretty impressive though.

Yeah the red head was Ivelisse from Tough Enough and NXT. The thing I really enjoyed from the gutcheck segment is that both the girls looked and wrestled different. Lei just had an incredible look even if her ring skills were a little green. I think she's a 2 or 3 year rookie.

So I just snapped up a Roku on the cheap and one of the channels is TNA on demand. I watched a promo between Bully Ray and Jeff Hardy during his "return". I haven't watched an episode, hell a segment of TNA since October of 2010 I think it was.

During that time Jeff Hardy had just came over to TNA that year after a white hot feud with Punk in the WWE. They waited from March to October to put the title on him and then I think they turned him heel as part of the "THEY" storyline which I believe become the IMMORTAL storyline.

Anyway I have never seen Jeff as "The Guy" long term. I don't think he's as popular as other people in TNA or in the WWE. I think his talking is limited and the guy might be sober now but he's literally a walking, talking, corporate time bomb and not worth taking the risk to be "the guy" of your promotion. The guy has never worked on a main event level for me. He's great at getting sympathy heat and doing crazy stunts but he's never had a character as a matter of fact I'm still not sure who Jeff Hardy is.

I know Bubba has been getting a ton of praise the last two years for his Bully Ray character but its very difficult for me to watch TNA in 2013 and have the main event feud be Jeff Hardy vs. Bubba Ray Dudley.

What happened to the James Storm push? I thought for sure it was going to be Roode vs. Storm at Bound for Glory for the TNA title, then they took the title off of Roode and put it on Aries and made it a grudge match. Was that the end of James Storm's push? Its been six months later and best I can tell from on here and on newz sites his name hasn't came up once as far as being getting a mega push. Seems strange to me that the main event best I can figure is Jeff Hardy, Bully Ray, Bobby Roode and Austin Aries.

So what am I missing? Who's that go to guy for TNA that delivers the awesome promos every time out? Who is their CM Punk at the current moment or even their Paul Heyman a guy you just shut up and listen to everytime they touch the mic?

If we are talking about the biggest face on the roster apart from Jeff Hardy then Bubba Ray is the man. If you're talking about their CM Punk then TNA has 3 lesser promo's king in Bobby Roode, Austin Aries, and Christopher Daniels. They don't deliver the epic "I am GOD" promos that CM Punk does but they know their characters and how to handle the crowd as heels and more importantly unlike Punk this three guys can move up and down the roster without any problems. As for Heyman there is no one in the company similar to him but Heyman is not someone you can make happen.

I honestly really feel like Daniels should be the one to take the belt off Jeff. It's obvious AJ will go after the belt when he comes back and Daniels has been the most consistently entertaining part of TNA for a really long time. Sure, Bully has had a surprisingly great run as Bully Ray, but Daniels is far superior in the ring and on the mic.

I honestly really feel like Daniels should be the one to take the belt off Jeff. It's obvious AJ will go after the belt when he comes back and Daniels has been the most consistently entertaining part of TNA for a really long time. Sure, Bully has had a surprisingly great run as Bully Ray, but Daniels is far superior in the ring and on the mic.

AJ can't go after the world title until at least Bound For Glory as per the stipulations of the match he lost back in December(?)... I kinda expect him to hit the X-division or feud with James Storm given that Storm was the one that beat him, which could be a fun rivalry to watch between the TNA originals.

As much as I'm enjoying the Bad Influence team, I don't want to see Daniels with the belt any time ever. I like the guy, I respect his in-ring skills but there has always been something missing for me that makes me incapable of viewing him as being the top guy. TNA has a lot of guys they could build up to take the belt or give the belt back to one day. Personally, I'm itching to see Matt Morgan be given a real program so that he can get up to the top. He's an athletic big man who can talk and looks good... quite why he hasn't made it to the top yet I have no idea, so hopefully he gets the chance to start killing people in the ring and move on up, though it might be the Bound For Glory series before he gets that chance.

I'd love to see Bully Ray take the belt off Jeff but I don't think he will... I like Jeff but I would rather see someone else with the belt, someone who can really talk and engage me properly. Jeff is cool and all, but his promo skills don't work for me and I think Bully would actually be an awesome champion for a while, particularly with him in the middle of so much other drama. Even if he just holds it for a few months, that would be fun for me. :)

Can't wait for Impact and Lockdown this week, it's going to be a fun week for TNA things. :D

So, the Aces & Eights VP...gotta be Joseph Park right?

It's just that I saw that bit at the end of Impact, and the only person who matches him for size and shape is Park/Abyss.

Unless they bring in someone else. But who would they bring in from outside that would be that big of a shock to Angle?

Gotta be Park?

Kind of a let down if it is.

Oddly enough I was just reading a preview for Thursday night's episode and it is saying that Angle just unmasked their leader. I thought the big guy was the VP, I wonder if now they are going to use him as the leader.

I thought the same thing that you did, I was thinking it was Joseph Park (Is it Parks or Park, I have been on sites where the spell it both ways so I am not sure what it is.) as well.

Apparently D'Lo is the VP.

I like D'Lo and at times I've even loved D'Lo. I've met D'Lo. He's an incredibly nice and talented worker.

But, the VP of a biker gang? Really?

My friend made a joke about the Pres being Al Snow. Snow is a guy I also have always liked. Terribly underrated worker and was always saddled with comedy gimmicks. If he's the President of Aces & 8's, I think a lot of people will be turned off by it, but I think Snow could turn it around and get people talking since it'll be his first serious role.

Too bad A&8's has been turned into such a joke by this point.

Also, apparently TNA let Roode's contract expire without realizing it. He's set to defend the tag titles tomorrow, so hopefully they work out a deal in time. I have to work so I won't get to see the first hour and a half of Lockdown as it airs, but I'm interested enough in Bully Ray/Jeff Hardy that I'll watch what I can after work.

Also, apparently TNA let Roode's contract expire without realizing it.

Things like that make it clear why TNA is considered a minor league company.:D

Truth be told I actually like TNA better than WWE but they are always doing stupid stuff like that.

I heard that Slammiversary is going to be in Boston this year. I wonder if it is going to be in Boston or in the general area of Boston. The reason why I am saying that is I highly doubt they can fill the Garden so they will probably have to block off a lot of seating like they are doing with the Alamodome.

I personally hate the Garden with a passion because the steats suck there. They have a weird way of leaning forward and making you feel like you are going to fall out of them.

Things like that make it clear why TNA is considered a minor league company.:D

Truth be told I actually like TNA better than WWE but they are always doing stupid stuff like that.

I heard that Slammiversary is going to be in Boston this year. I wonder if it is going to be in Boston or in the general area of Boston. The reason why I am saying that is I highly doubt they can fill the Garden so they will probably have to block off a lot of seating like they are doing with the Alamodome.

I personally hate the Garden with a passion because the steats suck there. They have a weird way of leaning forward and making you feel like you are going to fall out of them.

The Q's seats are like that as well. Well, the cheaper seats anyway. Once we started paying extra to sit closer, the seats actually got more comfortable as we got closer.

Truth be told though, I prefer seeing wrestling shows at the Canton Civic Center. It's smaller than the Q by A LOT. WWE only does house shows there and TNA has had house shows there, but it's the perfect size for shows. It's barely bigger than a high school gym, but it was just perfect.

I was able to start watching right as the Lethal Lockdown started. I am a fan of everyone involved in the match, but damn that crowd HATES Garrett Bischoff almost as much as they love Magnus and Joe :eek:

*Edit*

Instead of triple posting, I'm just editing this. It's in white below.

That was one of the most predictable heel turns in the history of professional wrestling, but I'm glad they went with it. Bully is golden as a heel. I kept having fears that they'd swerve us for the sake of swerving us, but thank god they went with made sense. Bully Ray is World Heavyweight Champion!

But predictable isn't always bad. Bully Ray is the World Champion and I believe the leader of Aces and Eights. The storyline has new main event potential with Ray and there are a lot of opponents for him. Magnus, Samoa Joe, Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, James Storm, and not to mention that Roode and Aries can have heel vs heel matches without problems against Bully Ray.

Looking back at the continuity of the Aces & Eights story there must be so many contradictions :p Also in the match why did Bully go after Bischoff & Brisco? I get it was the swerve but still.

As a means to an end to have Bully back heel I'm quite pleased with it, but I feel like it's SO clear they've made most of it up IMO.

Overall I give the PPV a B. There were a couple of throw away matches and the crowd did not seem too hot even for the better ones. They finally came alive for Lethal Lockdown and the Main Event. The final moments of the night have really changed the landscape of things in TNA and I think made things more interesting. I for one cant wait for Thursday night.