The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>To be fair why would spike spend money on advertising when they could get the same numbers from a cops rerun. I don't know how much it can actually benefit TNA, but the fact that they are on an obscure channel means they can be by far the biggest thing on the channel, which of course means the network would be more interested in advertising it.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well, Destination America is a trash TV hub, and what's more trash TV than wrestling?</p>

Well, looks like this thread will be my only contact with the events going on in TNA for the foreseeable future. I just found out who Destination America is. They are owned by the Discovery Channel. The same Discovery Channel whose name is currently mud with me due to their horrible rebranding of the channel formerly known as The Hub. Call me back, TNA, when you can get with a broadcaster with some taste.

Well, looks like this thread will be my only contact with the events going on in TNA for the foreseeable future. I just found out who Destination America is. They are owned by the Discovery Channel. The same Discovery Channel whose name is currently mud with me due to their horrible rebranding of the channel formerly known as The Hub. Call me back, TNA, when you can get with a broadcaster with some taste.

What is the hub?

What is the hub?

For about the last four years, it was the king of the family friendly channels. It had the best cartoons in the land. Classic sitcoms at night. Some of the top family movies of the last thirty years. But they were working with Hasbro to put the programming mix together. When that partnership expired late last year, they devolved the channel into Discovery Family. Holding onto only the most popular toons, chucking the sitcoms and tearing out all the personality of the channel if favor of having a repository for their reruns that typically weren't worth watching the first time around. Any watchable show that's left on Discovery Family I can get on sites like Netflix or Dubbed Scene. Now it's like they are using shows like My Little Pony, Pound Puppies and Impact Wrestling to mask how dreadful much of their other programming can be. I have no interest in having my eyeballs used to create a mirage. So until Discovery quits playing games or TNA gets another outlet, there will be no Impact viewing in Cappy Land.

• 4 weeks later...
I just read that Samoa Joe is leaving TNA. I have to admit that I really could care less over this news because TNA has never really used him correctly anyway. I have always liked Joe and wanted to see him do good but he was never put in the position to do so for any length of time. So maybe he will get the push he deserves wherever he ends up.

I just read that Samoa Joe is leaving TNA. I have to admit that I really could care less over this news because TNA has never really used him correctly anyway. I have always liked Joe and wanted to see him do good but he was never put in the position to do so for any length of time. So maybe he will get the push he deserves wherever he ends up.

I wonder if a return to ROH is in the cards? Or maybe Japan.

I don't know that I really see RoH as a fit for Joe. He may have the history there and there's no doubt the crowd would welcome him back. But it's not main eventers they are struggling for right now. Where RoH needs help is in the tag scene. They have the dominant Red Dragon, a couple of derivative day trippers in The Young Bucks and then precious little of anything else. Maybe if Joe wanted to join the House of Truth and nursemaid J. Diesel into credibility as a mentor/tag partner. But otherwise there are other promotions that need him far more.

Joe to ROH is official. I don't know if he'll be a regular or only brought in sporadically, but they've announced several dates in March.

I don't know that I really see RoH as a fit for Joe. He may have the history there and there's no doubt the crowd would welcome him back. But it's not main eventers they are struggling for right now. Where RoH needs help is in the tag scene. They have the dominant Red Dragon, a couple of derivative day trippers in The Young Bucks and then precious little of anything else. Maybe if Joe wanted to join the House of Truth and nursemaid J. Diesel into credibility as a mentor/tag partner. But otherwise there are other promotions that need him far more.

I agree that ROH could use some fresh tag teams, but pairing Joe with J. Diesel is not a decision I would make. I think they'll get more use out of Joe as a singles wrestler, considering how many fresh matchups there are for him. Maybe you could move him into a team eventually, but I think he has to be alone at first.

• 1 month later...

You know people tend to crap all over TNA because it seems like the thing to do but I actually like what they have been doing as of late. It seems that they are focusing less on the backstage stuff and more on the in ring product.

One thing I never thought I would say when he first debut but I am start to like ECIII's character.

You know people tend to crap all over TNA because it seems like the thing to do but I actually like what they have been doing as of late. It seems that they are focusing less on the backstage stuff and more on the in ring product.

One thing I never thought I would say when he first debut but I am start to like ECIII's character.

Most of the wrestling world welcomes you to liking ECIII :p

On a serious note, he's one of the most effective and entertaining heels in a long time in my opinion. I'm a bit bias since he's from my area and I have seen him since he started his career, but he's really come a long way.

"You can't wrestle"

"I disagree"

"You can't wrestle"

"I'm very good"

He has the entertainment part of sports entertainment down to a T.

Most of the wrestling world welcomes you to liking ECIII :p

On a serious note, he's one of the most effective and entertaining heels in a long time in my opinion. I'm a bit bias since he's from my area and I have seen him since he started his career, but he's really come a long way.

"You can't wrestle"

"I disagree"

"You can't wrestle"

"I'm very good"

He has the entertainment part of sports entertainment down to a T.

It took me a while, and it was Spud who got me to start paying attention to EC3, but I've got to agree. EC3's got the heel act down. It's a shame it's wasted in TNA.

• 2 weeks later...
Well, this is interesting if nothing else...Billy Corgan (Smashing Pumpkins) to work for TNA.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/billy-corgan-signs-senior-producer-tna-wrestling-article-1.2201649

Mark Madden brought up a good point with Billy Corgan. He said that Billy might want to run storylines that might not be for the average wrestling fan. For instance Billy said he something about having a transgender wrestler. Which while very topical at the moment due to Bruce Jenner, it is not something that is really wise to deal with in wrestling.

I mean if you treat the subject as a joke you will have people protesting (Rightly so) and if you treat it seriously you may run the risk of alienating your base audience who may not have much exposure to the topic. Dealing with an issue like that in the wrong way or any issue that has the potential to be a hot button issue such as race or religion could end up backfiring against them.