The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

Why can't we have someone new?????

Seriously, can no one else on the planet other than Eric Bischoff / Vince Russo / Paul Heyman book a decent wrestling show?

For a company that used to be all about innovation they certainly don't seem to keen for promoting a new face on the booking front...

Matt Conway is new isn't he? Hulk Hogan is new as a booker isn't he?

In general it is not good business practice when you are a relatively top dog in your field to hire a complete nobody to be one of your key players in the organization. Just look at basketball, Am Football, football. It happens from time to time with great players (Hogan/Gullit) but also because there are more "top" organizations. Right now there are 2 in wrestling.

I would always want someone with a proven track record as my head of creative and one ore more with potential as his assistants.

Also Peter remember that some of his great booking possibly was because his top stars where always poached. Forcing him to make new ones and having guys go out on their back. Just a thought. Still think Heyman is the best around with a proven record imho.

Great go home show for TNA this week. I'm definitely watching Victory Road Sunday. I'm actually excited about every match on the card. Every storyline involving the matches has me intrigued.

Prediction time!

Motor City Machine Guns vs Beer Money- I'm hoping this is the time where the Guns FINALLY get the tag titles.

Matt Morgan vs Hernandez- Gonna go with Hernandez for the win here.

Ric Flair vs Jay Lethal- Lethal wins

Madison Rayne vs Angelina Love- Love wins the KO title for the fourth time

Douglas Williams vs Brian Kendrick- This one has some good build up. Except for Doug's acting on this week's Impact. Ultimate X's rarely disappoint and the added stipulation of submission makes it even more intriguing.

Kurt Angle vs Pope- I wish Pope could win this, but I doubt he will. Kurt gets the win, but makes Pope look like gold.

Brother Ray vs Brother Devon vs Jesse- I'm going to go with Jesse. Hopefully Raven, Dreamer, Richards, and Rhino get involved.

AJ&Kaz vs TBA- Not sure who their opponents could be, but I'm going to go with AJ & Kaz since both need solid wins

RVD vs Abyss vs Jeff Hardy vs Mr Anderson- I'm kind of torn on who I think is going to win this one. Either RVD retains, or Abyss wins.

Motor City Machine Guns vs Beer Money - Gotta go with the Guns here. How have they never held the TNA tag titles?

Matt Morgan vs Hernandez- Hernandez gets revenge. I expect a lot of color for both guys. This is the type of match in which having it be a color-fest helps the story.

Ric Flair vs Jay Lethal- Flair will probably never win another match.

Madison Rayne vs Angelina Love- I like Madison Rayne the career killer.

Douglas Williams vs Brian Kendrick- Kendrick makes Williams tap.

Kurt Angle vs Pope- Angle obviously.

Brother Ray vs Brother Devon vs Jesse- Jesse is going to win this one...but he'll pin Devon.

AJ&Kaz vs TBA- AJ and Kaz lose to Generation Me thanks to them not working as a team. Or

RVD vs Abyss vs Jeff Hardy vs Mr Anderson- Anderson swerves Hardy and gets the title. Anderson just latched on to Hardy to get a title opportunity. I'd have heel Anderson hold the title until Bound For Glory and we get an Angle-Anderson rematch. Then again it could end up being Abyss.

Plus it makes sense if both Kendrick and MCMGs win since you can't have a face holding every title.

Motor City Machine Guns vs Beer Money - I want the MCMG to win but I think Beer Money will win.

Matt Morgan vs Hernandez- I really think that Matt Morgan should win for many reasons.

Ric Flair vs Jay Lethal- Lethal will get the rub.

Madison Rayne vs Angelina Love- Love will win

Douglas Williams vs Brian Kendrick- Kendrick

Kurt Angle vs Pope- Angle and Pope will get a rematch down the road if this is a classic match.

Brother Ray vs Brother Devon vs Jesse- Brother Ray and he will go after Jesse after the match continueing this whole thing.

AJ&Kaz vs TBA- AJ and Kaz win!

RVD vs Abyss vs Jeff Hardy vs Mr Anderson- I will give the win to Abyss or RVD. Anderson and Hardy will be mad at each other and feud. RVD will get a rematch at Abyss in a hardcore match down the line. Or Abyss will get another shot at the title in a few weeks.

Yeah I am really enjoying this TNA. Hopefully Heyman doesn't blow everything up and works within the current product. But I heard he may blow up everything, which makes me sad...yet hopeful!

Yeah it seems odd that if it does happen and Heyman takes it into another direction completely this will be the second time in a row that it was actually getting good BFG till Final Res last year and now move back to Thursday till now that they change it up again. I know Bisch has a lot of haters but I am mainly seeing his hand in all this stuff. He had TNA do the survey, got the info out of that and distilled what did and did not work from the Jan 4th till last Monday period and has made great adjustments.

Yeah it seems odd that if it does happen and Heyman takes it into another direction completely this will be the second time in a row that it was actually getting good BFG till Final Res last year and now move back to Thursday till now that they change it up again. I know Bisch has a lot of haters but I am mainly seeing his hand in all this stuff. He had TNA do the survey, got the info out of that and distilled what did and did not work from the Jan 4th till last Monday period and has made great adjustments.

Seconded, TNA in general has been on the up over the course of the last year. There have just been a number of setbacks on the way that have stopped it from growing - more upheaval behind the scenes certainly isn't needed.

The only area not getting the real attention it deserves and that needs to be looked at is the Knockouts division. Everything else seems to be going in the right direction.

Motor City Machine Guns vs Beer Money- Guns finally please please please please.

Matt Morgan vs Hernandez- Hernandez finally gets revenge but Morgan has a good showing.

Ric Flair vs Jay Lethal- Lethal!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing else would make sense.

Madison Rayne vs Angelina Love- Love, hope for a rematch where if Rayne loses the ones she retired get reinstated, man the KO's need bodies, come on Micky get over here.

Douglas Williams vs Brian Kendrick- Time for Kendrick to win it imho, although maybe Williams bad acting was on purpose eg he is not afaid of hights and Kendrick assuming he is costs him the match.

Kurt Angle vs Pope- Angle wins and makes Pope look great

Brother Ray vs Brother Devon vs Jesse- Don't care, seriously.

AJ&Kaz vs TBA- If TBA are in TNA atm or legends then AJ and Kaz if it is TWGTT they win. Plus I think they would be better in fourtune as they need a mouthpiece more then Beer Money.

RVD vs Abyss vs Jeff Hardy vs Mr Anderson- RVD as TNA goes with long term champions, Anderson turns on Hardy making RVD vs Abyss one on one for the next ppv.

Motor City Machine Guns vs Beer Money- Guns finally please please please please.

Matt Morgan vs Hernandez- Hernandez finally gets revenge but Morgan has a good showing.

Ric Flair vs Jay Lethal- Lethal!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing else would make sense.

Madison Rayne vs Angelina Love- Love, hope for a rematch where if Rayne loses the ones she retired get reinstated, man the KO's need bodies, come on Micky get over here.

Douglas Williams vs Brian Kendrick- Time for Kendrick to win it imho, although maybe Williams bad acting was on purpose eg he is not afaid of hights and Kendrick assuming he is costs him the match.

Kurt Angle vs Pope- Angle wins and makes Pope look great

Brother Ray vs Brother Devon vs Jesse- Don't care, seriously.

AJ&Kaz vs TBA- If TBA are in TNA atm or legends then AJ and Kaz if it is TWGTT they win. Plus I think they would be better in fourtune as they need a mouthpiece more then Beer Money.

RVD vs Abyss vs Jeff Hardy vs Mr Anderson- RVD as TNA goes with long term champions, Anderson turns on Hardy making RVD vs Abyss one on one for the next ppv.

I totally agree with the part I put in bold. I can really see that happening or at the very least it coming very close to costing Kendrick the match.

Motor City Machine Guns vs Beer Money - Beer Money seems to be picking up close / lucky victories. I think something will happen at Victory Road that makes Beer Money win in a way that makes MCMGs look good anyway.

Matt Morgan vs Hernandez - I don't care about this match at all. I will get food or use the bathroom during this one. :o

Ric Flair vs Jay Lethal - I expect some type of interference or something that will cost Lethal the match. I think they could continue this feud into another PPV. Lethal would obviously deserve a rematch if he's screwed in some way, shape, or form.

Madison Rayne vs Angelina Love - You don't build up a character like Madison Rayne - whose cost two workers their 'careers' - and then have her lose against her first "real" defense. Madison has to win to keep her character going strong.

Douglas Williams vs Brian Kendrick - Loving Kendrick's character and I wanna see him be the focal point of the X-Division... the X-Division that needs to get back to its cruiserweight routes.

Kurt Angle vs Pope - Pope is one of those workers that can get over on his promo ability alone. His losses don't even matter in my opinion because on the microphone he always looks like a contender.

Brother Ray vs Brother Devon vs Jesse - I honestly want to see Dreamer, Raven, Richards, and Rhino come out during this and join with Team 3D. Showing a big swerve by Devon and then having them wreck Jesse. I know that won't actually happen and Jesse will probably go over somehow.

AJ & Kaz vs TBA - You can't have these two lose on PPV. They're TNA originals. Curious who their opponents are though.

RVD vs Abyss vs Jeff Hardy vs Mr Anderson - I know he isn't going to win, but if TNA wants to build their show around somebody reliable and someone whose REALLY READY to carry a promotion... it's Mr Anderson.

Seconded, TNA in general has been on the up over the course of the last year. There have just been a number of setbacks on the way that have stopped it from growing - more upheaval behind the scenes certainly isn't needed.

The only area not getting the real attention it deserves and that needs to be looked at is the Knockouts division. Everything else seems to be going in the right direction.

I disagree slightly, I'm loving TNA right now and have done for a number of years. But I do think Heyman taking over creative and doing what he will with the product can only be a good thing for TNA, especially in the long run, why ? Because Paul Heyman knows what he's doing when it comes to creativity in wrestling. Consistently pushing the right guys in the right way before anyone else hits up on the idea....and right now TNA has all the ability and experience as well as brains between the roster itself, Flair, Hogan & Bischoff - Heyman however will add that much needed edge and creative spark that ECW had is spades.

Also speaking of this ECW faction....I would love to see Paul Heyman bring with him Mikey Whipwreck and The Sinister Minister James Mitchell back to TNA as those two in ECW were excellent and it just adds to the alternative deal. Which seems to be where TNA is about to head if Heyman comes in, which it looks as though he will given the strength of the rumors and interest etc.....

I disagree slightly, I'm loving TNA right now and have done for a number of years. But I do think Heyman taking over creative and doing what he will with the product can only be a good thing for TNA, especially in the long run, why ? Because Paul Heyman knows what he's doing when it comes to creativity in wrestling. Consistently pushing the right guys in the right way before anyone else hits up on the idea....and right now TNA has all the ability and experience as well as brains between the roster itself, Flair, Hogan & Bischoff - Heyman however will add that much needed edge and creative spark that ECW had is spades.

Also speaking of this ECW faction....I would love to see Paul Heyman bring with him Mikey Whipwreck and The Sinister Minister James Mitchell back to TNA as those two in ECW were excellent and it just adds to the alternative deal. Which seems to be where TNA is about to head if Heyman comes in, which it looks as though he will given the strength of the rumors and interest etc.....

Never said that Heyman coming in from that standpoint would be bad, I was more arguing the point that I do not hope he totally changes everything all of a sudden etc and I think that is what Sheepy was agreeing with as well.