The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

Don't know where you are, but here in the UK that's what we saw. You didn't miss anything. Apart from last week, the international version seems to have been being edited to include the start of ReAction in order to run until the end of the match.

I'm in Australia... and yeah that seems to be the case. Hopefully it stays like that! (Still think it's a stupid idea and only going to piss more people off!)

Did anyone else find it a bit weird that Impact went on for over an hour with no matches? I know its sports entertainment, but it is still a wrestling show! I'm not even sure why they bothered to set the ring up??

Abyss and Jor for all of 4 minutes, then a 1 vs 5 handicap match?? Why???

Oh and followed by a main event with no conclusion... which in itself isn't necesarliy a bad thing, but considering nothing else had happened all night in the ring it might've been nice for us to see a match with an actual result!

I'm interested to see where TNA goes with the whole "They" angle. Whether it does turn into an nWo rip-off or whether they manage to take it in a new direction?

I know plenty of people don't like Bischoff, but I think the smug, obnoxious, power hungry heel Bischoff is so much more entertaining... glad they turned him and I hope he is used in that authority type role on screen.

For all the complaining, I must say one thing... I do want to tune in next week to see what happens next, so that must count for something?

For all the complaining, I must say one thing... I do want to tune in next week to see what happens next, so that must count for something?

I agree totally. There are issues, but also to me it is still interesting. I watch WWE programming just every once in a while anymore, but I watch Impact/Reaction/PPV's as soon as I can.

I know plenty of people don't like Bischoff, but I think the smug, obnoxious, power hungry heel Bischoff is so much more entertaining... glad they turned him and I hope he is used in that authority type role on screen.

Agreed. I wasn't buying the whole "I'm Eric Bischoff and I'm a good guy" schtick he was doing after he was first brought in. Sure, he had some weasel tendencies but not enough to really be the 'Easy-E' character i've come to love. To be honest, If I were creating my own wrestling promotion and needed an authority figure at the helm, I would hire Eric in a split second to play that very smug, obnoxious, persona that he's come to perfect.

Made TNA interesting to see him back in that realm. That said, they could have hired a better actor to play the lawyer during their little spat. Eric owned him.

Did anyone else find it a bit weird that Impact went on for over an hour with no matches? I know its sports entertainment, but it is still a wrestling show! I'm not even sure why they bothered to set the ring up??

Abyss and Jor for all of 4 minutes, then a 1 vs 5 handicap match?? Why???

Oh and followed by a main event with no conclusion... which in itself isn't necesarliy a bad thing, but considering nothing else had happened all night in the ring it might've been nice for us to see a match with an actual result!

Yeah there was a whole bunch of non-wrestling and the closest thing to a legitimate match with a legitimate finish was the Fourtune vs. Pope handicap match. The knockouts title 'match' was a glorified angle segment. As for the Jersey Shore tie-in, that could have been saved for another week really. It just seemed overwhelmed by everything else.

I watched last impact earlier today and didn't really care about the whole Immortals/they issue and hoped that Fortune would had caused trouble instead of allying, but whatever. I WAS HOWEVER for the first time in his career impressed with a Jeff Hardy interview. That has to be something. Course it kinda seemed there with the second vid segment alittle Raven/Vampiro/dark for the sake of nothing type deal, but I like that type of character. Never would of picked Jeff to be able to really pull it off, but my impression has favored wanting to see more. RVD/Jeff Hardy feud? A wrestling promotion could do alot worst than that. TNA needs to let Dixie gather her little army (Sting, Samoa Joe, Matt Hardy, Pope, MCMG, Mr. Anderson etc.) and have the war quickly and not drag out the storyline though or any emotion gathered for it (good or bad) will wane.

<p>Speaking of the Robbie E/Jersey Shore storyline, I have to ask... why? Why are TNA mocking a TV show? They're not in competition, they have nothing to do with them? So why bother mocking them... I just dont see the point?</p><p> </p><p>

It would be like having someone come down and rip-off Jack Bauer from 24... it just wouldn't make any sense?</p><p> </p><p>

(Please correct me if I've missed something, because I've heard of the show, but never actually seen it... I've heard about the fist pumping, etc though.)</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="matt1986" data-cite="matt1986" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Speaking of the Robbie E/Jersey Shore storyline, I have to ask... why? Why are TNA mocking a TV show? They're not in competition, they have nothing to do with them? So why bother mocking them... I just dont see the point?<p> </p><p> It would be like having someone come down and rip-off Jack Bauer from 24... it just wouldn't make any sense?</p><p> </p><p> (Please correct me if I've missed something, because I've heard of the show, but never actually seen it... I've heard about the fist pumping, etc though.)</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> They actually are kinda in competition since Jersey Shore is on Thursday nights when Impact is on.</p>

I have pretty much given up on TNA. I just sold all my TNA DVD's I had on eBay this week. I bought 46 TNA DVD's pretty much all the PPV's from the beginning of TNA regular PPV's to now. I just can't watch it anymore. I have always hated Hogan and Bischoff even when they were in WCW. I just can't take TNA anymore. I usually could take the storylines that semi-made sense because at least the wrestling was really good but now it's a joke so I'm done. PWG and ROH for me now I guess.

I've just watched Dixie slap Eric on TNA's youtube account - I can't believe no one has mentioned it yet (it was from last week's show, right?). Best. Slap. Ever. I don't mind Dixie on-screen (I know I'm in a minority) but she nearly decked him! :D

My only issue with Impact Thursday was the lack of in ring action. The Immortal story line could pan out nicely and the "dark" Jeff seems pretty awesome.

I loved his line about being the new Anti Christ in professional wrestling. It gave me a Vampiro/Raven vibe, which in my opinion is a good thing.

I'm really glad Bischoff is back to doing what he does best.

I actually felt bad for Cookie though, Jwoww beat the crap out of her.

Here's hoping they have more match time soon though.

Speaking of the Robbie E/Jersey Shore storyline, I have to ask... why? Why are TNA mocking a TV show? They're not in competition, they have nothing to do with them? So why bother mocking them... I just dont see the point?

It's a character based on a really popular, really current pop culture stereotype. No different from characters based on rock bands, country singers, bikers, etc.

It's a character based on a really popular, really current pop culture stereotype. No different from characters based on rock bands, country singers, bikers, etc.

Yeah, I see you what you mean and it's a fair point. I guess this just seems more of a total rip-off than a generic 'rock band' or 'biker' character. It could work though, I think we'll just have to wait and see.

I don't think TNA is as bad as what a lot of people are saying. Last weeks Impact was severly lacking in actual wrestling, so hopefully that was just a one-off. I'm interested to see where the storyline goes...

While the show was lacking in wrestling last week, the storylines that were advanced were advanced well. I really like the whole Jeff Jarrett / Kurt Angle altercation and the fact that Taz got involved was very cool. The spot where Jarrett threw Angle into the wall was done very well and is a good way to give Angle some time off. While the Jersey Shore stuff was not my cup of tea, I think it was done well. The characters of Robbie E and Cooke are annoying as hell, which I think is the point. The only issue I have with this segment, is that Jay Lethal should have made his was down and got into a brawl wit Robbie E while Jawooww (or however you spell her name) beat down Cookie. The Pope 5 on 1 made sence. He is the only one left from the group that opposed Bischoff and Hogan so now he gets the beat down. I see Samoa Joe becoming an unstoppable force once again and now that Angle is out of the way for a little while it opens room for a Joe/Jarrett showdown. I dont exactly see the whole Immortals thing as a nWo ripoff because. If it did not have Hogan and Bicshoff in it I dont think anyone woud made comparisons. I have a feeling that Dixie is going to round up the troups after a little while and get her company back. At first, after watching reAction I have the feeling that all these guys are going to be trying the whole "one man army" routine by taking on The Immortals and Fortune by themselves. However I see Joe, Pope, Tommy Dreamer, Matt Hardy (when he comes in because you know it's going to happen) and maybe a few others finally comming wise and teaming up to take back TNA. The main event also mae sence in te fact that The Immortals want o protect Hardy and kepp th World Title with them. How do you do that? You eliminate the compitition thats how. I do hope more actual wrestling happens on future shows because its the in-ring action that seperates TNA from the pack, however the storylines are headed in a good direction.

TONIGHT: Eric Bischoff hosts a special ReACTION on SpikeTV (right after iMPACT). Bischoff will show the world how Immortal put their plan into action months ago, and how they were able to succeed in their takeover, with exclusive footage, interviews and more!

Looks like somebody read liontamer's post.

TONIGHT: Eric Bischoff hosts a special ReACTION on SpikeTV (right after iMPACT). Bischoff will show the world how Immortal put their plan into action months ago, and how they were able to succeed in their takeover, with exclusive footage, interviews and more!

Good and bad. Love the fact they're doing this..it'd be more effective if they just did a promo on the show with video clips to recap. But still...a good step in terms of storytelling

This is the perfect way to use Reaction! Things like this should be good.

Not to take anything away from LT's excellent explanation but wasn't it PH that pointed out that it didn't matter unless TNA actually explained it on air? Excellent use of reaction I agree but won't be watching. Once the relevant guys get more time/attention and the nostalgia guys less I may come back. If Hogan and EB and Flair and Jarrett and EV2 and Foley actually fade to the background of this story I would return.