Shane McMahon Meets with UFC Officials

supershot

Source: F4Wonline.com

- Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter confirms that Shane McMahon recently had a meeting with UFC officials at their offices.

When UFC President Dana White was asked for more information on the meeting, he responded with, "No comment."

We hope to have more details on Shane meeting with UFC officials soon.

I'm quoting Rick Flair on this one... "Whoooo!"

As suspected, it seems that Shane's roll would be similar to his in WWE with Global Expansion. He has strong ties to Mexico and the like where the UFC have been adament about running a show. Also, Carl DeMarco had a meeting with the UFC as well and possibly coming over together.

We've been covering the story that Shane McMahon recently met with officials from the Ultimate Fighting Championships mixed martial arts organization. UFC President Dana White confirmed that he met with McMahon, but would not give further details regarding the nature of the meeting.

Shane McMahon is reportedly looking to buy a financial interest in UFC, according to a report on PWTorch.com.

McMahon, who currently servces as WWE's Vice President of Global Media, will officially leave the company on January 1, 2010.

With his extensive knowledge of marketing and expanding a sports brand into new markets, McMahon could be a big asset to the UFC.

http://rajah.com/base/node/17698

i know its not a reliable site but im still tossing this up maybe someone knows a better site and can expand on it. but from what i think, i think its going to happen. shane's to good to let go like this and i hope everything works out right for ufc and shane

This is the same story that's been out. Nothing to expand on until details of the meeting are known.

Exactly, there is no information out there. And I love how all the dirt sheets were using exciting language a few days ago with DANA WHITE COMMENTS ON MEETING WITH SHANE MCMAHON!!!

Then come to find out all that was said was........"You never know"........

There's *LOTS* of negativity from MMA fans regarding this - mostly under the misguided impession that McMahon + UFC = fixed fights, more outlandish interviews/production and generally turning UFC events into Wrestlermania with real fights.

The reality that he'd more than likely have a 100% behind the scene's roll working in media expansion.

I'm all for it - even if he buys-in it'd be a minority holding that would give him little to no say in how the company is actually run - plus he'd always be second fiddle to Dana White, who himself only has what, a 5-10% holding in the company.

Personally I don't care if it's Shane McMahon or Doink the Clown, if someone can add value, bring 'em on.

It wasn't so much just the bud light statements that would have hurt brock. It was more flipping off the fans.

In Pro-wrestling that will just get the fans more involved in your character. In MMa that could get you killed.

And it wasn't just bashing bud light, it was endorsing a competitor in coors light. Regardless of how much money a show headlined by Brock might bring in, it in no way would forgive him for losing the bud light sponsorship.

Dana has let people go for far less in the past.

It wasn't so much just the bud light statements that would have hurt brock. It was more flipping off the fans.

In Pro-wrestling that will just get the fans more involved in your character. In MMa that could get you killed.

Absolutly not. It doesn't matter if people love you or hate you, as long as you get a reaction. Polarising characters - people will pay to watch them win or to get their ass kicked - either way they'll pay.

Dana has let people go for far less in the past.

Who and when?

Junie Browning for going on a drug-fueled suicide/nurse assault-a-thon? WarMachine for making disrespectful comments about Evan Tanner's death? Hardly in same league.

Lesnar would have to take a sh*t on Lorenzo Fertitta while wearing a "StrikeForce & Fedor 4 Life" t-shirt, before setting fire to a giant Spike TV logo all while yelling "Zuffa's money comes from the mob!" before he get's cut from the UFC.

Even then, they'd probably just give him a chiding and make him the next TUF coach...

Archived