A question regarding 'Regeneration'

Just something I wanted to know before I continue work on a mod I'm working on, but with workers now 'regenerating', does that mean it'll work like WMMA does, where if you don't turn regeneration on, then you will get no new workers?

I'm curious because I didn't plan on adding too many out of ring workers, such as referee's, announcers, etc. but if the game will not be generating them, then I'll need to make sure there's enough in their to always have a decent selection for different sized promotions.

Thanks.

Just something I wanted to know before I continue work on a mod I'm working on, but with workers now 'regenerating', does that mean it'll work like WMMA does, where if you don't turn regeneration on, then you will get no new workers?

No. TEW has another setting that controls that (New Worker Generation). Plus, there's always the new workers with preset debut dates (that you can add to).

Thanks Remi, I wanted to check that out before I continued. So in the TEW10 we will have the choice for 'Worker Regeneration' and 'New Worker Generation'? That sounds good.

New Worker Generation is the generation of new workers, period. Worker Regeneration simply means that said new workers will debut with a picture.

There are four ways that new workers can enter a game once the game has begun:

- Random Generation, where a worker is randomly created out of nothing at the start of a month. This can be turned off (or set to only begin happening after a certain date) and the frequency can be altered.

- 'Emergency' Generation, which is where workers are randomly generated to fill roles where there aren't enough staff to provide many options otherwise. The most noticeable example of this is in TEW2008, where Mexican announcers and road agents would be created the month after MHW opens, because there aren't enough announcers who can work in Mexico to support a fourth promotion. This cannot be turned off.

- New/Future Workers, which is where the player/mod-maker creates specific workers in the editor and sets them to debut on a certain date.

- The new one, Regeneration, where a worker retires and has another worker of a similar style and type debut in his place sometime later, using the retired worker's picture. This can be turned off altogether, or certain wrestlers can be set to not regenerate (like Lobster Warrior, for example, whose pictureis a little silly for a random guy to use).

So if you don't add many referees, new ones will be created when necessary no matter what other features the player enables/disables.

'Emergency' Generation, which is where workers are randomly generated to fill roles where there aren't enough staff to provide many options otherwise. The most noticeable example of this is in TEW2008, where Mexican announcers and road agents would be created the month after MHW opens, because there aren't enough announcers who can work in Mexico to support a fourth promotion. This cannot be turned off.

I never really noticed anything like that, but that's really cool. The AI of TEW blows my mind every year. It just gets better and better. :cool:

Archived