Who is going to watch the WWE RAW on Mon Jan 4th?

Dragonmack

I confess, outside of catching the ECW show on tues because nothing else is on, I haven't followed wrestling for several months.

But w\ Bret Hart coming back, I am going to make a point of seeing the Raw he is he guest GM of and follow along at least for his storyline.

Who else is anticipating the return of Bret Hart?

I'm watching TNA, I haven't been able to stomach RAW for the past few months and Bret Hart isn't enough for me to sit through everything else. I may switch the channel when I hear he's on, but my plan right now is to just watch the Hart segments on YouTube the next night.

<p>Thinking about it, I'll probably DVR Impact and dodge spoilers until I can watch it. I'm not anticipating 'surprise appearances' (RVD is about the only one I'd be interested in, and he's a guy you should hype for weeks beforehand) but I'm interested in seeing what kind of format Hogan brings to Impact. He says he's an MMA fan, so I wonder what elements of that he'll bring in. I'm interested in seeing what Hulk Hogan's vision of wrestling is, now that his wrestling days are all but over. I expect it's going to be Ye Olde Reunion of his friends and WCW stars from a decade ago, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and check out the first one. I haven't watched a full Impact in 6 months, so it seems like a good place to start.</p><p> </p><p>

... but RAW I'm watching live. I can't think of any combination of stars that can equal my love of the Hitman.</p>

<p>I see impact cramming a load of underwhelming "surprises" into a show at the expense of any actual action, then a couple of weeks down the line having no idea where to go next.</p><p> </p><p>

But I do like them declaring war. There's a chance, a very slim one admittedly, but still a chance that Jan 4th could be a day remembered in wrestling for a long time. We'll see.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="GDE71" data-cite="GDE71" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25671" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I hope Bret Hart no-shows on WWE.<p> </p><p> It would be the perfect pay-back to Vince especially after how the WWE has started promoting the return of the Hitman.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Or we could see Bret come on screen and his first ten minutes on screen praysing TNA and Hulk Hogan Pissing Vince off and causeing more veiwers for TNA? Doubt it though:D</p>

As amusing as it would be, I doubt Hart goes for payback here. My his own admission, he's "over" the incident. It keeps getting brought up by the WWE and by interviewers. People think he talks about it endlessly, but that's really because he's still asked about it endlessly.

My plan is to PVR both and flip between. I expect I'll spend more time on Raw than Impact, though. I doubt many of the TNA surprises on the night will really be ones that really surprise, plus I have a bit more faith in the WWE to put on a super-show at this point.

I'll be watching. I hate the WWE and haven't been entertained by it in a long time. That said, Bret is enough to get me to watch and follow his storyline.

I was planning to watch TNA for sure on Monday as I'm interested to see what direction they go in, but Bret wins in this battle for me. I'll DVR TNA.

Edit: Bret has signed a contract. I'm sure that contract has stipulations regarding his behavior. He's not going to screw over the WWE in this. He has a solid working relationship with them at this point after the last DVD, and is apparently working with them to release another one.

As for TNA's "surprises," I'm very negative on them right now. Sean Waltman potentially? Scott Hall? Hall looks horrible. Horrible! He better not be anything of importance on that show.

The other possible/likely surprises for the TNA show....

Ric Flair

Mr. Kennedy

Rob van Damn

Short of rolling out The Rock or Steve Austin, those names are not "game-changing". Who else can they possibly bring in who would make a major impact? Who would legitimately shock wrestling? I'm hoping they have a true ace up their sleeves... but I'm not expecting it.

The other possible/likely surprises for the TNA show....

Ric Flair

Mr. Kennedy

Rob van Damn

Short of rolling out The Rock or Steve Austin, those names are not "game-changing". Who else can they possibly bring in who would make a major impact? Who would legitimately shock wrestling? I'm hoping they have a true ace up their sleeves... but I'm not expecting it.

Not game changing but maybe they could strike a deal with Jeff Hardy? Its highly doubtful because of the drugs and all but it could happen.

And since it was annouced at an UFC event how is Lesnars condition if good enough posibly him which could draw som ESPN media and other media

Not game changing but maybe they could strike a deal with Jeff Hardy? Its highly doubtful because of the drugs and all but it could happen.

And since it was annouced at an UFC event how is Lesnars condition if good enough posibly him which could draw som ESPN media and other media

Jeff Hardy would be a bigger addition than Kennedy, given he's been a world champion in the WWE. But the drug arrest makes him a pretty disgraced champion at this point. I would say that would be an addition that could do more harm than could, in terms of fan perception.

Lesnar is still under contract to the UFC and there is no way the UFC would allow him to compete in pro wrestling. Just because of Spike, the UFC might allow Lesnar to appear, but how much does that add to TNA? Plus, I still doubt the UFC would want to emphasize Lesnar's pro wrestling past like that. Or if he would.

I've heard that Hulk has been mentioning Jeff quite a bit, but he's also been talking up how he's 'great friends with Cena' so take it all with a pinch of salt. Frankly, I don't think drugs would be an issue when it comes to Jeff and TNA. It's Jeff's relationship with WWE that's the issue. If WWE don't want anything else to do with him, TNA would gladly snap him up... and so they should.

I will be watching TNA as the WWF just does not peak my interest any longer and I was never a big Brett Hart fan to begin with.

The big surprise is totally going to be Lex Luger as he comes out through the crowd in the Mall of America....oh wait....nevermind...

Here is some names I would like to see in TNA come Monday

Scott Hall- I will always be a fan no matter how bad off he is but I heard he was looking a whole lot better.

Old Sting- The Sting that doesn't talk and whops ass

Petey Williams- Would love to see him return to TNA

Torrie willson- since Lauren has quite I think Torrie could take here spot better than Hemme.

The ECW Invasion- Dreamer, Sabu, and RVD come and confront Team 3D and Rhino leading to them backing Morgan, Dinero, Hernadez.

I've heard that Hulk has been mentioning Jeff quite a bit, but he's also been talking up how he's 'great friends with Cena' so take it all with a pinch of salt. Frankly, I don't think drugs would be an issue when it comes to Jeff and TNA. It's Jeff's relationship with WWE that's the issue. If WWE don't want anything else to do with him, TNA would gladly snap him up... and so they should.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hardy. I just think its a very risky move by TNA until he has his legal matters sorted out. How embarassing would it to have Hardy debut to big hype, then have him disappear off-screen for a few months for jail time or whatever. As a neutral (relatively, at least) fan, the addition of Hardy makes sense but it doesn't entice me much at all. Hardy seems like he needs to be motivated to produce quality, and it would really feel like TNA picking up the WWE's unwanted trash after the whole drug arrest thing (even knowing Hardy chose not to resign).

Cena moving to TNA would shock. He's supposedly so WWE to the core that it would be a monster defection. It wouldn't have quite the same impact as Hulk Hogan jumping ship in his prime (if he had), but its as close as could happen today. The other current WWE would could make an impact by moving to Impact are Triple H, HBK, Taker, and Orton. Triple H is family and both Taker and Michaels are too loyal at this point (I think). Orton makes me wonder. As for the likes of Jericho, Big Show, CM Punk, Batista, and so... they would be a big deal but not as major as the "big ones".

Archived