best mma entrance ever?

Franchise22

Minowaman!!! Quoting the great Michael Schiavello for Minowamans entrance in Dynamite 2009: "Behold the glorious red speedo's! Nikolai Volkoff, Tito Santana in the hard outs! The red speedo's! The mullet! The Minowaman-mania struts his way to centre ring!" or something like that :)

I like that guy! He's charismatic and really works the crowd in his celebration. The audiences in Japan love him and that creates something extra for the matches.

Aforementioned entrance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BOv7XOIIUY

Fist pump celebration in Dream 11 after beating Hong Man Choi:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8DsvR9CIO4&feature=related

I did give a pop for that Lawler entrance! :D The gestures, flag waving and the shirt ripping included... Only things missing were the mustache, the horrible hairdo and the yellow speedos.

It's tough for me to say greatest ever because there are various great entrances from ones that are just inspriring/beautiful to others that are funny or one that gets you jacked up.

Yoshihiro Akiyama's entrance before his fight vs. Sakuraba was excellent.

Tito Ortiz' first fight vs. Ken Shamrock gave me goosebumps the first time I watched it.

Rampage's entrance in the UFC vs. Chuck Liddell

And many more I'm forgetting.

Genki has the best hands down. That is if you are into the comedy asspect of it. His drunken master entrences was one of the best i have ever seen.

Which is really the key. I like Genki's and no doubt his entrances are legendary, I'm just not that big a fan of them. Not to say I don't enjoy comedy entrances though.

One thing that I would like to be incorporated in to the UFC would be flashier entrances... I know they want to portray MMA as a sport (which it of course is), but the entertainment side of MMA is also important! Even Dana White says it time and time again that UFC PPVs are best watched with a group of friends with beer&pizza. In that kind of environment in my view nothing would bring up the atmosphere before a match more than a spectacular entrances! I would really love for the UFC to have a entrance ramp rather than make the fighters walk through the crowd as they now do...

I know that these guys are primarily fighters but many of the could be entertainers as well!

Genki has the best hands down. That is if you are into the comedy asspect of it. His drunken master entrences was one of the best i have ever seen.

I never really considered Sudo's entrances as comedy. They're for the most part seriously well choreographed dances, with elaborate outfits and set design.

Gono's dances are more comedy to me.

From the comedy side of things, gotta love Sakuraba's 'Super Mario' entrance when he was fighting Keven Randleman. Nb: Randleman is known as Donkey Kong in Japan because...well, political correctness hasn't reached the land of the rising sun yet :rolleyes:

All part of the awesome Japanese MMA culture. Better then pie!

UFC indeed does it differently, but that also has its charm. It's more 'macho'-like, but hey... It fits the profile.

I always liked Wanderlei's entrance. But that's probably because Sandstorm is my all-time favorite techno song. :D

thanks for posting this. those are some legendary moments.

Archived