I never ran a promotion that was national or higher... I couldn't start with any of the big promotions because it would have felt like cheating - who am I to run SWF or TCW? I need to work my way up! Unfortunately I never had the patience to get myself up to National.

Even tough I didn't have great sucsess with the game I have very warm memories of my UPSW game where after year and a half I had Peter Valentine as my Wolrd Champion feuding with the red hot T-Rex. The midcard title was held by the amazingly skilled Giant Redwood! Wonder how I never got to national :D

Also NYCW and WLW still hold a special place in my heart! Even tough I wasn't able to achieve much sucsess with them I sure as hell had fun booking them!

To the people who have not played C-verse. You are missing something. I'm not saying you are wrong for not trying it. When I first found this game back in the day I was all RW. Nothing but. Could not follow Cverse because I did not know anything about it. But now I find it hard to play RW. I feel bound by the characters and find myself constraint with what I feel is realistic and what not. Cverse to me is where it is at. I can do what ever I want to do. Its my world, my characters. And I can portray them any way I feel like. Just my two cents. Again not flaming or saying you are wrong for not giving Cverse a shot. Just saying you are perhaps missing a good thing.

Amen to that.

My biggest regret is not playing the game enough. With the birth of my son and my promotion at work I've been really busy the past 2 years. This year it just so happens that I go on vacation the day of the release! Didn't plan it like that, I swear!

Guess I can add a few more...

-signing the same set of workers in almost every game. I have a bad habit of bringing in new many new workers, rather than working mostly with what the promotion starts with. This is something I want to address in 2010.

-never giving CGC a real go. They were the first game I played in the C-verse on TEW 2007 and though the game didn't last too long, it was basically what got me hooked. I played around with starting CGC games a few times but never actually really followed through. Which was a shame.

-never doing much in Japan. I have developed a great respect for RW puro over the past year-plus, so I've always had a burning desire (get it???) to give a Japanese C-verse promotion a proper try. Reading through TK's BHOTWG diary only made it worse. And although I came up with some interesting plans for some of the promotions, I never really gave any of them a proper try.

-never doing much with a RW historical mod. The historical mods always interest me - whether its the D.O.T.T. era, the early 90s, the start of the Attitude era, or the early brand extension era, I never seem to get going with a game. I start to make plans, set things up, and then just never go very far with it.

never giving CGC a real go.

Not doing a long save with them either makes me sad. Dragonmack's CGC is my favorite diary out there (FIN had an amazing CGC too) and it gaves me lots of inspiration but I don't think I took it past three or four months. I can't decide if CGC's '10 roster will look eerily similar or dramatically different than their '08 version. Another thing to look forward to in a day or two.

Not doing a long save with them either makes me sad. Dragonmack's CGC is my favorite diary out there (FIN had an amazing CGC too) and it gaves me lots of inspiration but I don't think I took it past three or four months. I can't decide if CGC's '10 roster will look eerily similar or dramatically different than their '08 version. Another thing to look forward to in a day or two.

That's actually the only thing I'm REALLY excited about seeing in the demo. I'm looking forward to playing the game, but I HAVE to know what the DeColts are up to. It consumes my very soul. Together? Apart? What kind of villains must they fight? It's driving me mental!

I guess I should regret never giving SWF a real go. They're my kinda product, but I don't like the size, an the fact that they're the biggest American promotion. I like a narrower roster and I like the challenge of not being able to cherry pick the best stars. So actually I don't regret it one bit.

I regret giving up on my BSC game. I was digging it for a while, and then... just... stopped. Shame.

My one regret would probably be that I couldn't manage to play a good SWF Game. I would always start up and fall down to cult after or around the March Pay Per View. Then after I entered the cooling down periods, and people started to leave or wouldn't resign because I was a cult promotion, I pretty much gave up.

TakerNGN74

Weelllll.... I'd say never getting a diary past 2-3 shows would be a pretty big regret. (And one I plan to remedy in 2010... though I've said that before, and who knows?)

Ah, diaries... I've started so many and yet I've never really gotten anywhere with them. I enjoy writing anad I enjoy playing TEW, but I can never keep both things going at once because writing gets in the way of playing too much. That truly is one of my biggest regrets with TEW in general. :(

Maybe I'll think of something for TEW2010 that'll be easier... hopefully anyways.

Ah, diaries... I've started so many and yet I've never really gotten anywhere with them. I enjoy writing anad I enjoy playing TEW, but I can never keep both things going at once because writing gets in the way of playing too much. That truly is one of my biggest regrets with TEW in general. :(

Maybe I'll think of something for TEW2010 that'll be easier... hopefully anyways.

My plan -- and again, not getting ahead of anything here -- is to go back to the "return of SCCW" diary I started up then hastily abandoned a while back. I basically decided, you know what, TEW2010 is coming soon. So maybe I should save this idea for the new game.

Now, I'm half-convinced most of SCCW's workers are probably retired by '10. But... who knows?

My one regret is not ever being able to properly push DWN. I could never get momentum on his side or get a gimmick to 'click'. He's probably the best young worker right from the start in the entire C-Verse. It's happened in multiple games: I push him, it doesn't work, I let his contract run-up, he goes and becomes a mega-star with NOTBPW or SWF. :(

It's been so long since I've posted on here.

Anyways, my biggest regret is stopping my created fed at regional. But then again, I was going through a phase where I couldn't stand watching wrestling, therefore hurting my interest severely of the game. I loved it. It show cased Lucha Libre and was an equal gender company with two world titles, plus I bought out AAA and merged it with my company to create ICWA-AAA.

Now that I read there's a 08-10 converter, I since a diary on the way...

Archived