Trying to guess the amount of hours I played this game is something I'd like only me and God to know about because I could never admit it out loud. :) But it got me thinking, even though we all played this game countless hours, does anyone have any regrets of things they didn't get to accomplish over the past year and a half with TEW08?

I didn't truly take a promotion from local to global which I always thought I'd do but never got to. I also never played more than a year gametime with any promotion outside of North America even if it was just a twelve show a year fed. And as much as everyone says PGHW is the easiest company to play, I never was able to play a game where I didn't have them fall to cult.

So how about you guys? Any regrets?

My biggest regret is that I STILL haven't taken a company from the bottom to the top. I've never had the patience to make the long trek through cult if I've started with a small company and so the closest I've gotten was with my GCG game where I took them from regional to National before I set up my own small promotion in the US...

However, I full intend to correct this in TEW2010 thanks to new features like the smart autopush. Should make me new little promotion (probably in Japan) awesome to play.

I'm also sad that I've never had a long running game in Mexico despite a handful of attempts. Should be fun to get it done in TEW2010 too, I'll be looking for a multiplayer game somewhere down the line. :)

Considering TEW08 is one the games ive played the most in 2008, in the 7 months ive owned it, im sorta embarassed i havent taken the leap from cult to national myself.

That and i never got around to a long term game with BHOTWG or PGHW. I just cant do the large touring companies for some reason...

I have done just about everything i wanted to do with TEW2008 and i put most of that down to the awesome historical mods that made it possible, i also spent the best party of 6 months playing the Allenverse witch i hold dear to my <3

I would of liked to have spent more time playing mexico but the truth is lucha has never been something that interested me, despite all the awesome lucha renders people are putting out that make me want to have used them.... besides that i have taken USPW to the top, i have seen MAW become a national power house, i have seen Dan Stone Jr take his company places his father never imagained possible, and i have seen Edward Cornell be SWF champion going over Eric...

I have loved it all and i dont regret a moment of the time i spent playing this game.

Regrets I've had a few, But then again, to few to mention. Now that I am done quoting Sinatra:

I have never played a long term TEW2008 game. Not one game that I played lasted longer then a year (my diary does not count because I deleted the data by accident). It is weird because I have played plenty of 07 games that went on for like three years.

I was never good at playing in Canada, those rosters have so much talent up there and yet after a few months of playing as them I would just give up.

I never played any games outside of the US and Canada that lasted more then two months (Well I did manage to play as the Australian company for four months.). I just have little to no interest in Japan or Mexico and the English and European feds just are not my cup of tea.

I did not have one good TCW or MAW games. In 2007 those were the two companies that I played as the most. However, in 08 I just did not do well playing as either one of them.

I was never able to get Ted Brady over in any promotion, and trust me he was in every promotion that I have played.

Finally, I was never able to make Marc Speed a star in CZCW!:mad:

For me the big one is that I never fully made my peace with Syndicate-era TCW. I have forgiven certain characters there for existing *cough* Jasmine Saunders *cough* /transferring in (Edd Stone/the DAVE refugees) and scuttling the grand vision I'd had for TCW 07. But I never managed to finalize the process by taking a run of any length with them.

As much as USPW's potential intrigued me at release, I never got more than a couple months with them. The 90 minute TV show overwhelmed me.

Although I did make some process in the fight, I didn't fully slay the dragon of trying to nickel and dime guys on mic time and therfore burning myself out on booking longer shows. Which pretty strongly explains my USPW failure.

I never did enough with large scale companies to overcome my financial paranoia of firing dead weight guys on long-term written contracts. Again probably largely because of the mic time issue.

I only got one training fed game off the ground outside the US. And that was my last one which was in Canada. This failure particularly disappoints me in regard to Europe because the talent pool there is perfect for that purpose in 08.

Regrets hmmm....

I like most it seems really wish to get a nice Lucha game going but just can't seem too.

Same here with the 5 Star for me. I love 5 Star I have played it a bunch but never does it get past a year most of the time 6 months.

I regret accidently deleting my Comedian lead APW rival game it was getting pretty deep and fun.

I regret not sticking with one of the few diaries I tried and/or getting into a new one and making it last. At least a year.

Otherwise TEW08 has been very very very good to me. :)

My biggest regret of all is my inability to keep my saved games. There are so many times that I was like " I wish I could go back to that game". I don't know why I do it but I need to stop. My pedge in 2010 is to always keep a saved game somewhere. That way i can finally get past my two years of game time playing.

My only main regret is that I didn't really give the CornellVerse a chance. I started a game as TCW when I first got the game (which I believe was release day), and then got about four months into it, and gave up.

I've became more and more unhappy with real world mods of late (just because I'm anal), so I can definately see me trying out (and sticking with) the CV this year.

Finally, I was never able to make Marc Speed a star in CZCW!:mad:

This makes me a sad Panda (Mask II). In two years I managed to make him a solid Upper Midcard tag team worker with Jeremiah Moose. He spent another year at upper midcard and probably would have gone solo in a year after that and made it to the main event but my computer crashed and I lost that game. That was the game where Speed changed styles every year on the same day to Super Junior, to Technician and then back to Regular Wrestler.

I have never made the Jump from cult, i'v been close, but i dont like booking Tv-shows and PPV's i like more month to month Regonal show things...with around 2000 in attandence, thats my thing...

and i never really got into the c-verse :| i Played SWF for 1 month, i'v played a home made mexican promotion for 3 months with 1 show a month.

And 1 show with TCW.

Since i'm buying on realese, i will play the c-verse untill good RW-mods

Guest cmdrsam

To the people who have not played C-verse. You are missing something. I'm not saying you are wrong for not trying it. When I first found this game back in the day I was all RW. Nothing but. Could not follow Cverse because I did not know anything about it. But now I find it hard to play RW. I feel bound by the characters and find myself constraint with what I feel is realistic and what not. Cverse to me is where it is at. I can do what ever I want to do. Its my world, my characters. And I can portray them any way I feel like. Just my two cents. Again not flaming or saying you are wrong for not giving Cverse a shot. Just saying you are perhaps missing a good thing.

Sorry for the rant. Biggest regret. Not doing the 0/0/0 thing. Have always been a cultish to bigger type of guy. Dont mind the Cult promotions as long as we are striving to become bigger. The 0/0/0 promotions I always find myself frustrated because its hard to maintain momentum and become bored after a few months.

To the people who have not played C-verse. You are missing something. I'm not saying you are wrong for not trying it. When I first found this game back in the day I was all RW. Nothing but. Could not follow Cverse because I did not know anything about it. But now I find it hard to play RW. I feel bound by the characters and find myself constraint with what I feel is realistic and what not. Cverse to me is where it is at. I can do what ever I want to do. Its my world, my characters. And I can portray them any way I feel like. Just my two cents. Again not flaming or saying you are wrong for not giving Cverse a shot. Just saying you are perhaps missing a good thing.

Sorry for the rant. Biggest regret. Not doing the 0/0/0 thing. Have always been a cultish to bigger type of guy. Dont mind the Cult promotions as long as we are striving to become bigger. The 0/0/0 promotions I always find myself frustrated because its hard to maintain momentum and become bored after a few months.

I agree, When I played 2007 I never gave C-Verse a second thought. RW only. In 08 I gave it a shot and now I have a hard time going back to RW mods.

my biggest regret is I stop playing games that 10+ years in because I feel I was done dirty (very close to national B- popularity in tri city and put on a B+ show and get no improvement), Finally get to national in the USA and so does another company like PGHW and they seem to put on slighty better shows than myself and knock me right back down to cult. I think i will date all my saves in the next release and when needed will take a break from a game and come back to it later. A little bad luck just save it and do something else for a while.

I also fall into booking habits. Oh that worked well...its used every show now. That didn't work well...its dead to me. Hey look its been six months time to restart those storylines again.

Like others, I never completed the climb from Local to Global. It's Adam's fault, I was finally committed to doing so and was on the verge of National when he announced TEW 2010 and I just lost all motivation.

I also regret that I was never able to play a long term game with PSW. It's the one promotion I had a lot of ideas for but didn't get a chance to play them out. Hopefully I'll be able to do that in 2010.

Only major regret I have is not taking my diary further. But you know, had to work on, um, another game *cough*. Seriously, assuming I do a diary for 2010, I'm going to strip it down and do regular shows in text with only major shows/PPVs in full graphical mode. I found that I can do a show in 10-20 minutes for the text but getting the pictures to fit and formatting right, takes a good amount more time.

Archived