What's going on in your game?

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would've ran with the 80s WCW mod but I decided to leave it alone because I wanted to make a history with the workers provided in the game. So I started one game with TCW to chase SWF. Because SWF is based on today's RAW, more acting than wrestling. TCW takes a more traditional approach to the industry so I chose them.

So far, The Syndicate and Freedom Fighters are really having it out as rivals. Wolfe Hawkins is one of my promising young stars along with many others such as Tommy Cornell, Freddy Huggins and Aaron Andrews. I also created me in there as a future star but with a very long way to go; I'm started as Enhancement Talent.

TCW All Action Championship is still held by Edd Stone. Not everyone has the momentum to aim for a title and not many want to go for it.

TCW International is held still by Josh Taylor. I gave Freddy Huggins a shot at the title and he failed. I discovered they work well together as enemies. So I created an unchained storyline between them dubbed, "Midcard Madness". They're both midcarders trying to make the leap in the industry. Edd didn't take the loss too well and is growing tired of being a Lower Midcarder. This could be a good rivalry. Giant Tana and Charles Thatcher fight very well together, and soon I will evolve the storyline based on Charlie being Edd's personal bodyguard; attacking Josh Taylor to get Edd a tainted win in a future match. That's when Giant Tana steps in to even the odds. This storyline can change all 4 of their careers potentially.

After getting his ass handed to him a couple times, Rocky Golden will have to finally defend that TCW Heavyweight Title on PPV Malice in Wonderland against legendary Sam Keith. No authority plots or overthrows--he will have to hold his own.

TCW Tag Team Championship is being forever dominated by The New Wave (Guide and Scout). They have the best chemistry as a team than all of TCW. They even one an 8-way tag team war to defend the title one time. Now we will have to see if they can continue that streak in Malice in Wonderland.

The feuds are heating up and I never got below a B- in ratings. One strategy is I schedule a lot of mass matches sometimes i.e. Fatal Fourways, 6-man tag team, Ladder FFA. Then I sometimes schedule the main event within a Cage or just a simple match hyped up always with a video featuring the workers. I schedule 1 on 1 matches to boost an individual momentum of to just keep the card flowing. I always put at least two main eventers in a beginning of a card to keep the crowd hype. The worker doesn't care at least he/she is on the show. When you leave them off they get more irritated.

I'm trying to knock off SWF in the future by building up legit wrestlers. It's not easy though. I'm thinking about a healthy brand split that will revive the closed TCW Saturday Night Showcase that will feature the lower brand I will call TCW Nitro; TCW Thunder will feature TCW Total Wrestling. This is so I can control who can rise and who won't and my managers will be more effective. TCW Total Wrestling is getting crowded. I just hired James Prudence.

I'm also trying to run AAA too because I want to see if I can take AAA to a higher level and I love a challenge. They don't even have a TV show and have low funds. This will be hard.

Resurected the D.O.T.T. mod and began with Georgia Championship Wrestling...so far, almost two months in...

Andre the Giant and The Iron Shiek have left WWF for Georgia...

The Road Warriors defeated Dusty Rhodes & Tommy Rich for the vacant National Tag Belts...Hawk then immediately signed with the WWF :mad:

RW Animal turned face and beat Hawk in a Steel Cage Loser Leaves Town Match :D

It's 1983 and it's Georgia, so Tommy Rich and Buzz Sawyer are beating the living **** out of each other at almost every show...

Such stars as Terry Funk, The Midnight Express, Dusty Rhodes, Cowboy Bob Orton and Arn Anderson have come to Georgia...

The WWF was riding high until...

Down in Roy Shires' Houston Championship Wrestling, at their first big show, WWF Intercontinental Champion Don Muraco teamed with Greg Valentine vs The Assassin and Jerry Brisco. During the match Muraco suffered a concussion and will be out of action... for 12 months! :eek:

Two weeks later, Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka O.D.ed (on the night of the WWF's end of the month show for May)...the WWF are "under the spotlight", being blamed for the O.D. and their momentum has dropped from C+ to D+

On a side note: Can you edit a TV Network in a save game? TBS is too small in this mod and doesn't air in Puerto Rico or Hawaii :(

Update on my ASCW 0/0/0/0 game. It's now January 2016.

Round up of the world of wrestling.

TCW and SWF are still Global. GCG and SOTBPW both rose to National then fell straight back to Cult. BHOTWG, WLW and PHGW are all still National. USPW have been at Cult all year. OLLIE and MPWF have held steady at Cult.

CGC and NOTBPW both hit National within a week of each other in October. CGC got immediately owned in the National battle with TCW and SWF, but NOTBPW clung on, finishing third and actually managed to win the December National Battle thanks to mediocre months from the Big Two. It'll be interesting to see how things develop from here...

The big story, though, is that SWF have slipped into second place! They've been shipping popularity all year, going from As and A*s across much of the world to low Bs in the US. They've still got B-s practically the world over, but they're dipping closer to that Cult boundary. As such, boosted by the arrival of now two-time Wrestler of the Year Angry Gilmore as well as their theft of Jack Bruce (whilst holding the SWF world title, no less), TCW have managed to overtake their long-time rivals, becoming promotion of the year.

TCW's main event picture has been a little shaken up by these new arrivals. It's now populated by champion Bryan Vessey, Sam Keith, Tommy Cornell, Troy Tornado, RDJ, John Anderson, 2015's Veteran Wrestler of the Year Jack Bruce and of course Tom "The Billion Dollar Man" Gilmore. (I did not know he had this alt. I laughed). Strong... but beginning to age. Gilmore and Cornell are the youngest at 37.

UMC is pretty dang stacked, having a former world champ in Joey Minnesota, International champ Randy Bumfhole, Wolf Hawkins and Rich Money, as well as tag champions Danny Fonzarelli and Koshiro Ino, Brent Hill and Guide.

Still, they're beginning to smack of some wasted talent. They have Dan Stone Jr, Rick Law, Ernest Youngman, Scout and a VASTLY improved Rocky Golden (93 in basics, 85 psychology!) in their midcard. Of course, not everybody can be a superstar, but still... guys like this, and Joey Minnesota and Hawkins - Minnesota got a 94 out of Clark Alexander at their last event – you’d really want them higher. Ah well, not for me to criticise the AI, xD.

(Robert Oxford JUST announced his retirement... he's going to call it quits at the ripe old age of 55, it appears).

SWF are listing, quite possibly due to Kurt Laramee's mediocre title reign and lukewarm feud with The Force (who is their current champion, madness!). Runaway Train remains in the main event, as do Remo, Lobster Warrior, Mark DuBois and Joe Sexy, with Greg Black stepping up to fill part of the void left by Bruce and Gilmore. Good matches from most of them... but poorer show grades, thanks to Laramee main eventing.

Once again, it remains a matter of the real talent being held down. They've got Sammy Bach, Freddy Huggins (ideally suited to SWF product), Aaron Andrews, Robbie Retro (much improved), James Prudence, some good to great gens, Greg Gauge... it's completely nuts how much ability is in their undercard, but they’re not using any of it.

USPW are really starting to feel the pain of SWF talent raids. They’re down to three main eventers – Nicky Champion, T-Rex and Bruce the Giant, and their upper Midcard is not inspiring, consisting of James Justice (down to C-s across the US!), Akima Brave and Andre Jones. I think Henry Lee would be main eventing for them, but he’s out injured. They got Alicia Strong back from SWF, but their Women’s Division is incredibly poor – as well as Alicia they only have Kathy Neptune and a J-Ro regen. …WHY IS PETER VALENTINE STILL EMPLOYED?

NOTBPW are in a slightly precarious position right now, it seems. Eddie Chandler is having a great reign as champ, and they stole CGC champion Nate Johnson whilst he still had the belt. That said they don’t have the strongest main event scene – a heavily declining Jeremy Stone, Chandler, John Maverick, RK Hayes, Nate Johnson and Sean McFly (who seems to be underperforming). Their undercard is stronger, boasting Edd Stone, Davis Wayne Newton, Rhino Umaga, Spencer Spade, Frankie Perez, Jay Chord and Zimmy Bumfhole , but a couple of bad cards could really sink them. Status quo has returned to CGC following that, with Jack DeColt claiming the belt yet again. (Seventh reign!) They have a couple of big names, including Steve Frehley, a retired Christian Faith, Vengeance, Johnny Bloodstone and every DeColt not named Steve, but their cards are just… weak. (Also I want Drake Young. For somebody who’s apparently ‘pretty bad in the ring’ he has GREAT performance stats and charisma. He debuts with like 70 psychology).

Over in Japan, we have a massive dogfight between the three National powerhouses and the limping GCG, whose workers are suffering even worse (Take Matt Keith from me if you must, AI, but please, not to that killer of workers). They just can’t retain National. They don’t have the star power to win the National Battles, and because of their schedule, two of the other promotions are ALWAYS touring the same months as them. They have decent performers, but nobody exceptional that isn’t suffering physically. Hiroyasu Gakusha and Toshiharu Hyobanshi in particular are in horrible shape. Burning Hammer retain top spot, and they seem to be doing what a lot of other promotions aren’t, which is actually develop their young talent – although their main event is still populated but older workers, apart from 34 year old King of Fighters Kinnojo Horri (Miyamae is Burning World Champion). Black Cobra is three time junior champion at current, as well as holding the junior tag belts with Super Joshuya.

Glory Crown holder is Masaru Ugaki. PHGW are doing okay, although their style continues to murder their workers (Danger Kumasaka and Masayuki Shiga FINALLY retired last year, at 61 and 51 respectively). It’s really worrying when your 30 year old champion has full yellow physical condition. Shuji Inukai and Yoshimi Mushashibo just won the Elite Tag Team Series for the seventh time, trading back and forth wins with PRIDE Koiso and Kozue Kawashima, now five time winners. WLW’s main event is two time and current Universal Champion Antonio Maxi Marquez, Great Hisato, Sean Deeley, Marcos Flores, Magnum Kobe, Emerald Angel and Nichiren Amagawa… they’re looking just plain stacked right now. I expect another good year.

I brought Ryu Kajahara out of retirement to see what would happen… and he immediately won the Warrior’s Heart for the eighth time. Nice one, Ryu, no selfishness THERE. On a regional level, there’s a six way brawl in Japan, WEXXV, SAISHO, Hinote Dojo, WJPW, 5SSW and EX2010 are all getting a piece of it. Nothing particularly inspiring on that front going on, otherwise. I still laugh when I look at Ex2010 and see they signed Spirit of the Lizard and Spirit of the Shark… and put them both in separate tag teams, just another thing that makes sense to the AI only.

The UK is at current a four way battle between newcomers HIW and NWF, MOSC and ROF. ROF are miles ahead, but don’t seem to have any kind of expansion plan, so they’re pretty much in a holding pattern. NWF seems to be getting the best of these regional tussles thanks to an accessible product. VWA are edging ahead in Europe, thanks to EWA constantly failing dirty tricks on them (on one occasion, EWA failed and VWA succeeded a trick on the same day), but nobody is going to make a run for Cult any time soon. Nothing is happening in Australia, at all. Just the constantly revolving doors of talent (DIW somehow got the year’s most improved promotion when they only went up by about five points all year).

The US have welcomed X-Wrestling America to the fold, opened up by Findlay O’Farraday. They have a fairly decent roster, and have signed a few of my guys, which I’m always appreciative of (hey, they don’t affect my shows), including my owner, Jordan Brigstock. Marks the first time he’s had other employment. Darryl Devine and Jean “Mean Machine” Cattley have held the tag team titles for over four years in RIPW, their champion is Snow Fox, on his third reign. Otherwise there’s been little change amongst the Regional/Small US companies, and little to remark upon. Giant Brody finally got alternate employment, being picked up by NYCW (although their weak roster doesn’t make that a massive achievement), then won the tag team titles.

It's been a decent year for my own company. We reached C+ in the Great Lakes at the tail end, which coupled with the industry and economy FINALLY being on the rise again, means I'm slowly positioning to make a run at Cult (although my funds were unhelped by splashing out $300,000-odd on a dojo in October). We'll see how things go, especially the strength of my roster, which got shaken up a lot later in the year thanks to NOTBPW and CGC. I lost Frankie Perez, Matt Keith, Swoop McCarthy, Spencer Spade, Claire Chambers (again) and Steve Flash, as well as almost losing Darryl Devine and Mario Alessio. It was a close run thing.

I’m currently nursing a temptation to sign Matty Faith (madness!). He’s an awful worker, but has improved literally across the entire board in everything all on his own, and it’s luring me into thinking he has good destiny. He’s also over, and I have enough good workers to mask his flaws. Maybe once my psychology owner goal expires.

Big news is that not only do we FINALLY have people on the Power 100, but Mario Alessio, who you may remember as a very good gen, has been named young wrestler of the year! Of course, he's working with USPW and PSW too, but it was his feud with Steve DeColt that led to several A-rated matches, and to my mind, the award. Other ASCW workers on the list include Zimmy Bumfhole (97), Swoop McCarthy (84), Mario (64), Samson Barclay, my user character (49), Darryl Devine (38) and Steve DeColt (17), although I can't really claim responsibility for DeColt, given his other employment.

The story going on right now is a three way faction war between the long-lasting Chain of Destiny, led by my user character, All-Star Soul, a babyface stable containing most of the major 'good guys' in the company, and Generation Now, a group originally formed by Zimmy Bumfhole, but swept out from under his feet by a scheming Steve DeColt. Things are beginning to heat up, especially with resident authority figure Jordan Brigstock currently out of commission. Note that my heel bias at the top of the card is largely due to providing rosters for two sizeable heel stables. I know it’s a little severe, but it’s also intentional.

All-Star Championship Wrestling

Product:

'New School'

Traditional: Key Feature

Mainsteam: Heavy

Modern: Medium

Lucha Libre: Medium

Performance = Popularity, simple, unsubtle and unrisky gimmicks preferred, very favourable towards sponsorship.

Medium Face/Heel divide, Integrated women's wrestling and an 80% match/angle ratio.

Match Lengths: 6/12/18

Based in the Great Lakes (C+), $2,713,963 in the bank.

Roster Review

Main Event

Akima Brave - Brand new signing, just became available after his written deal with USPW expired. Good, not great, but solidly over, which is what matters right now. He’s just there to bulk up the roster and provide an unaffiliated guy high up the card for people to wrestle.

Alicia Strong Generation Now - With her SWF deal expiring, Alicia became available, and I was of course more than happy to snap her up. Great worker (with an awesome heel alt). Not in title contention yet, but will be before too long if I can keep her.

Chance Fortune All-Star Soul - Thanks to USPW teaming him up with Mario Alessio, he has enjoyed a push-by association, with their Rough and Tumble team doing pretty well. Delivering good matches and no sign of decline at 36. He'll be a major player in this storyline.

Darryl Devine © All-Star Soul - Defeated Steve DeColt for his third reign with the big belt, and with the matches he's been turning in, it's thoroughly deserved. Set for prominence and a starring role in the year to come, though other title wins may require shotgunning thanks to contract clauses.

Mario Alessio All-Star Soul - He had an awesome feud with Steve DeColt in mid to late 2015, as evidenced by his 'young wrestler' win, but he ultimately still needs work. He's over, but requires carrying on psychology fronts.

Samson Barclay Chain of Destiny - Little to say. Strong matches over the course of the year and he can now reliably carry his own entertainment angles (only took six years!)

Steve DeColt Generation Now - Leader of Generation Now and a former United States champion (defeating Aaron Andrews when he left for SWF). Insanely good for our level (although suffering physically, unfortunately). Not yet in time decline at 42 years old, and a mic maestro.

The Future Generation Now - A redubbed Steven Parker, who betrayed Zimmy Bumfhole to turn over control of the faction to DeColt. A real Starscream type of second in command, always plotting his own agenda. Good matches, and has great chemistry facing both Devine and Zimmy.

ZimmyBumfhole All-Star Soul - Current holder of the totally-not-ripping-off-MitB Golden Opportunity, but although there were a couple of 'will he, won't he?' moments early after he won it, so far Zimmy has not taken advantage of Devine's moments of vulnerability to cash in. He got seriously burned by his own lackies when Parker betrayed him, making Zimmy a really bitter kind've face, as he was forced to throw in with former enemy Swoop McCarthy just to survive (sadly Swoop left for CGC, Zimmy had great chemistry managing him). Putting in a real shift with his matches.

Upper Midcard

Belle Bryden Chain of Destiny - More SWF releases mean more ASCW gains. Forty years old, but barely slowing down and still gold on the microphone. Not as good performance-wise as I'd like, but a good hand for our size.

Brooke Tyler © Chain of Destiny - Truly dominant tag team champion (with Honeyman), with a record length and number of defences (and they are still undefeated as a team, 34 wins and 4 draws since July 2013). The champs were just revealed as members of the Chain, thanks to an elaborate set up which involved almost every member of the other stables being removed as a threat beforehand before the coup de grace. Brushing up on all her skills thanks to being busy working for AAA and CWWF as well as me.

Buddy Garner Generation Now - His occasional team with Callum as part of GN has been going great, thanks to their relative skill levels and positive chemistry teaming up. In spite of being a henchman, he's been providing useful singles matches too.

D.C Rayne - Natural Storm have been feuding with The Solution over the course of the year to try and keep them away from the title scene (for once). Treading water slightly, but this Solution storyline should pick up.

Eddie Howard - See Rayne, although he has been developing ever more value solo with the discovery of positive chemistry vs. Alicia Strong.

Fox Mask - I've kind've wanted to book him FOREVER. Good, solid worker and decently over too. Unfortunately has suffered broken ribs in his second match with us, though.

Giant Brody © Chain of Destiny - Young Lions (new midcard belt) champion, beating Jaime Quine after she bailed on me for SOTBPW. Not an ideal champion, but was the only guy in a good storyline position to take the belt. 2015 was a strong year in the ring for Brody. More matches than ever and a good record (16 wins, 4 losses), average rating 64, and he’s still improving, which is good enough for me.

Remmy Honeyman © Chain of Destiny – See Brooke Tyler, although we remain his only employment. Improving reasonably, but at 28, is likely to become a career tag team wrestler, particularly since I can see Brooke going onto better things in time.

Roger Cage Generation Now - (Re)Debuted as the goofball “Head of talent relations, recruitment and scouting”, offering his services to Steve DeColt. Nobody seems quite sure what to make of his off-the-wall personality, but he has managed to draft in Alicia Strong (his ‘girlfriend’) and The Ring Generals so far, so he’s obviously doing an alright job. Good worker, and his entertainment skills are extremely valuable.

Midcard

Ashley Grover – Considering she all but lived in the dark last year, I’m not sure how she’s here, although I suppose when you’re Regional, home region is the only overness that matters. Pretty uninspiring as a worker, but not a liability, and since she was on the original roster, I’m keeping her. (It helps that her team with Regular Joe is growing ever more experienced)

Berik – He’s continued to feud with the Natural Storm, but hasn’t had very much prominence overall. Working as hired muscle, in a return to The Solution’s roots, but hasn’t been directly affiliated with any of the factions. This year probably will be a holding pattern, since they’re not going to be involved in the faction storyline.

Brendon Idol All-Star Soul – Continues to laugh in the face of five years of time decline by improving seemingly as he feels like it. (I imagine it helps that he works for RIPW and CZCW too). I doubt he’s going to budge from here, not for a couple of years at least, once the decline really gets to him.

Dean Waldorf Generation Now – Had little to do for much of the year, but started to get a bit more involved towards the end thanks to personal biases (He became head trainer for my new dojo, so he scored some big political points). This year might see a third tag team title reign for the Ring Generals, they’ve been out of contention for too long.

Erik Masterson Chain of Destiny – (Erik Strong, renamed thanks to signing Alicia at around the same time and not wanting them to have any association). Erik has possibly my favourite gimmick ever, that is, he’s Chain of Destiny’s sinister ‘fixer’. He’ll be all smiles and charm one moment, then sadistically dissect opponents the next, as well as being an expert at stealthy ambushes. He’s only worked one match so far (a loss to Darryl Devine), but was also responsible for the mysterious disappearance of Jordan Brigstock…

Harry Lawler – Experimental push = a success. Blitz Off! Are developing well as a team, and he’s at the tail end of a feud with The Crippling Crew. He’s going to lose, but he and Moose are looking like more than also-rans for the first time. Getting a lot better technically, but needs more seasoning before he’ll be considered for actually winning a title.

Jeremiah Moose – See Lawler, although he’s probably the better all-rounder. Still, he doesn’t have Lawler’s charisma, nor his 95 basics, so they both pull their own weight. I finally managed to get him off drugs as well, which was very encouraging.

Lance – See Berik. As always, Lance remains the better worker, and his performance stats are seeing him develop into a real workhorse. On a side note, I’ve always found it funny that Lance has thus far been a career heel, yet he works better as a face.

Lenny Brown – He’ll be folded into either Generation Now or Chain of Destiny in the interests of giving him something to do. He’s just sort’ve been… there for the whole time I’ve had him, and he needs more action otherwise he’s never going to get better.

Marv Statler Generation Now – See Dean, benefiting from his partner’s hard work in becoming head trainer.

Nelson Callum Generation Now – Very much a lackey at the moment, been gaining a lot thanks to his occasional team with Buddy Garner. Better things will eventually come, but for now he’s just another footsoldier.

Rudy Velasquez All-Star Soul – Currently in my bad books thanks to complaining about losing to Giant Brody when Brody is FAR more popular at home, just slightly less so across the US (I really think workers for small promotions should take regional popularity into account instead of cross-USA). I’ve got no reason to get rid of him, though.

Sayeed Ali – On his way out the door in a matter of weeks, because I really need to get over the ‘may come in handy’ inclination I have. I have a huge roster already, and I keep telling myself that I’ll use him eventually… but it’s not been happening, so there’s no point to re-signing him again.

Lower Midcard

Ant-Man – Doing decently with Josh Jones/Mega Mite, although he’s pretty much a jobber. I doubt he’ll rise from here any time soon.

Connie Morris – Actually made it onto my Ring Generals list at one point, before newer signings pushed her off again. Remains on the fringes of the company, but she’s well worth keeping around.

Javier Mereno – (A Mexican Gen) Working well in ‘La Alianza’ team with Felipe Caballero. He’s a good all-rounder, just needs to get some more popularity. Unfortunately, he’s currently suffering Churchillian Neck Nerve damage, which might derail his involvement a bit.

Regular Joe – Similar to Grover, although Joe’s actually been getting a fair shake better. Unlikely to become a big name, but his performance skills are more than workable.

Richie Riggins – Still haven’t figured out why I re-signed him. He’s still dire.

Steel – Being held back by his lump of a partner (yeah, you know it’s bad when somebody teamed with Steel is a lump). In absolute fairness, like I said last time around, Steel’s actually pretty good now. He’s got ability worth developing.

Opener

Felipe Caballero – I actually signed Felipe because I liked his awesome re-render and had seen his stats jump a fair amount just through working independent shows. The revelation of him being flagged as a Next Big Thing has led to me using him on every single show since he got signed, so he’s gone from unemployed to working 16 shows over 7 months. With focused development (or at least, constant work), he’s been improving across the board - I’ve paid particular attention to his entertainment skills, which have all seen 8-9 point jumps. If I have anything to say about it, he’s going to be a big name.

Mega Mite – The hooded Josh Jones has been doing okay – but he and Ant-Man both need some more exposure.

Pip Ryker – I retooled a few gens to form a family unit of four (Derek, Hal, Pip and Audrey), signing two of them. Pip is a decent cruiserweight, although I blundered by forgetting to give him a gimmick. He has charisma and is very flashy, but lacks star quality, versatility and toughness.

Thompson Diaz – The first graduate of my new All-Star Foundry, turning pro in December 2015. I made him into my user character’s protégé to justify his graduating after the dojo had only been open for two months. Tough, has good star quality, good charisma, and decent fundamentals for a young guy… an ideal flagship for the dojo.

Enhancement Talent

Audrey Ryker – Doing okay teaming with her brother. She’s a solid brawler with charisma, but again, lacks versatility.

Bernice Stevenson – FAR too good a worker to be relegated to a jobber, but I keep forgetting to actually use her. A strong, charismatic brawler (86) with very good performance stats (75 psychology and 96 basics at 22 years old)

Staff

Heather Halo – Reached 68, but that seems to be the limit of where she can go, as she’s dipped back and forth between 69 a couple of times. I don’t mind, she’s improved a lot from her starting position.

Hugo Makela Chain of Destiny – He’s long been Barclay and Brody’s manager, so no real change for him in those terms. Gaining charisma (It started at about a D+, he’s hit 56 now), and has seen a slight increase in microphone, although that was always far stronger. Also, managers don’t seem to gain respect, seems like a bit of a bug…

Jordan Brigstock – My main authority figure, since he’s the owner and all. He’s only improved a small amount, but he’s reached good levels now, so it’s not much of a problem. Currently absent from commentary duties after a run-in with Erik Masterson, although nobody knows exactly what happened (or who’s responsible, praise the all-seeing backstage segment camera!)

Lew Rose – Some background: I got rid of Roy Worrall and Wade Orson because between Japan, NOTBPW and USPW, I was getting months where I had literally no days when all of my people were available, and the EX2010 guys were the most expendable. Lew is my replacement referee and probably the best available right now (at an 83). He puts RAW in front of me, but they have an easier schedule to balance.

Mr Smith – Trivia: I changed his name (from Steve Smith) because at one point I had four Steve’s (Flash, DeColt, Smith, Park) on the roster, and it was getting confusing. His skills haven’t budged much but he’s a very capable announcer for my purposes.

Original Lone Rider – Good road agent, nothing else to add.

Richard Freebush All-Star Soul – He’s still improving on the microphone, now up to a 76. A valuable roster member.

Sara Silver – No change.

Vegas is littered with creepy old men checking out pretty young things. Littered. :D

Oh, since I'm here: SWF, January 2016, Logan Rodzen's alternate universe. :D

Valiant has been a good champion. He won the belt at the Challenge last year after I realized that the Challenge was coming up and I felt something big needed to happen. So I gave the kid his first World title. Soon after, Marc DuBois formed Company of Saviors (claiming to be "the saviors of sports entertainment") with Paul Huntingdon, Andre Jones (who tag as Primetime Inc.) and Akima Brave, who's shot up from jobber to midcard (with a Gambler gimmick rated in the teens) mostly through this and running interference for Bruce the Giant in his feud with Brandon James. After a couple of missed shots at the belt, the plan is for DuBois to finally get the title at Nothing to Lose.

Bruce/Brandon has been going on since before the Challenge, with Brandon (face) feeling like he's being overlooked and deciding to reassert his dominance by knocking off Bruce. They've been trading PPV wins in all manner of scenarios (tagging with Eric Eisen and Akima respectively, captaining opposing teams at Christmas Clash) but I'm not sure how to definitively end it yet.

For the life of me I cannot get the North American title off Giedroyc. I've run no fewer than eight guys at him and can't decide who should get it next.

Also:

- Using Angel of Death to elevate a babyface Scythe in a program where AoD's trying to corrupt him to the dark side, but Scythe is insisting he's very much his own man.

- Looking for a tag partner for Runaway Train. Sure he's 51 now and not that good anymore, but Richard likes having him around and our tag division's very thin, so I might as well use him for something.

- Eric is now a face mostly-authority figure, though I keep his overness up by having him on TV every week and will use him in matches if his "duties" call for it (he tagged with Brandon against Bruce and James at the Challenge because Akima was running around getting people to take dives so he could collect bets.)

- Being stuck at Cult is kind of lame because we have two workers left on developmentals and we can't sign any more. Which is a shame as I have six guys I'd immediately target if we got back to National.

- Backstage morale is up over 70%. *fist pump*

- TCW is beating us like an egg. NOTBPW is the other global promotion. Everyone else is at Cult or worse.

- Only ROF survived in the UK. HIW and NWF have opened to fill the gap.

- Alex Braun opened a dojo in Hawaii. I call it the Ice House. :D

- Japan has become a free-for-all, with a resurgent GCG and WLW challenging the big two.

- Nothing much happening in Australia, where all the top talent seems to have worked for at least two of the promotions. Example: The RAW Giants are currently APW tag champions. :p

In my current day RW mod, my backstage morale has taken a nose dive after some of my big name stars consistently tested positive for steriods so have finally suspended them all in hope that they kick their habit.

The Usual Suspects

HHH

Steve Austin

Rey

Chavo (was moving on nicely, climbing the card, my current Tag champ w/Rey and contender for IC Title)

I brought in Jake the Snake Roberts as a manager for William Regal, who i'm trying to get to Main Event status with hopes of a Title run before he retires. Jake was a pain in the ass from day one he tested positive for all sorts of drugs which i was expecting and was willing to work with him on it. But when he started with backstage problems i put my foot down, he turned up late, he pulled a prank on Dean Malenko and finally attacked Roddy Piper. After The Piper Incident i was sick of him especially in light of the recent Morale problems so i fired him SO hard.

As a result of morale my storylines and angle have ground to a halt. Main Event angles that were getting A ratings are now getting B's and B-'s.

On a brighter note Charlie Haas is truly kicking ass, i have him on PPA contract, he works for at least 3 other companies when he's doing well so this helps his stats. He came in with Shelton Benjiman and worked tag matches mostly. He jumped up a roster position to midcard within a month so i started putting him in UpperMid match to ease him in but he took to in quick and jumped again. For now he's going to tread water for a while until i have room for him in the main event. my ME is a little top heavy right now but i think some of them should be retiring soon, also storyline wise i don't see him as a contender right now. A storyline with Orton or HHH could work well for him.

By the way, for those wondering about my NIGHTMARE promotion's style:

Key Feature: Lucha

High: Daredevil

Medium: Traditional, Modern

Low: Mainstream, Cult, Risque, Hardcore

Pop = Performance, risky and simple gimmicks, favorable to sponsorship.

80% match ratio, 60 intensity 80 danger, Medium divide, Integrated Women, T&A low (limited entirely to the Extreme Lucha Girls)

Also, teaser for my next show, expect a one-shot guest appearance... and a very interesting development to one of the major storylines.

Forgot how fun the D.O.T.T. mod is...and the "territory days" in general for that matter...Running Georgia Championship and the following has happened in a span of about two months---

Buzz Sawyer, one of the top heels in GCW, debuts in the AWA and defeats Greg Gagne for the AWA Television Title...

The Road Warriors defeat the team of Dusty Rhodes & Tommy Rich (aka "Georgia's Finest") to win the vacant GCW National Tag Team Titles...

Three days later, on the day of the next TBS TV taping, RW Hawk announces he is leaving for the WWF, so...

In a rematch, Georgia's Finest defeats The Road Warriors for the GCW National Tag Team Titles...

The Freebirds (Hayes, Gordy & Roberts) return to Georgia and beat the team of Bob Armstrong, Brad Armstrong & Ole Anderson to win the NWA 6 Man Tag Team Titles...

At Houston Championship Wrestling's very first show, Jake Roberts, a regular in Georgia, wins the HCW TV Title while Larry Zbysko, already the GCW National Heavyweight Champion wins the HCW World Heavyweight Title...

At the same show, WWF Intercontinental Champion Don Muraco suffers a concussion during the tag team main event, and will be out of action for 13 months...

In an absolutely horrid bit of booking (even for the A.I.), the WWF holds it's end of the month show a few days later and Samula defeat S.D. Jones to claim the vacant IC Belt in a D- rated match...

Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka no-shows the event, it is later revealed that he was rushed to a local hospital, almost dying after a drug overdose...

The WWF quickly tries to fix the IC situation by having "The Soulman" Rocky Johnson defeat Samula for the WWF Intercontinental Championship at a TV taping a few days later...

Pro Wrestling Illustrated names the 20 year old Samula's 3 day title reign "Worst of 1983" (OK I made that up)...

In an effort to replace the star power of Muraco and Snuka, the WWF offers contracts to Dusty Rhodes, Larry Zbysko & Micheal Hayes. Rhodes stays in GCW, but Larry Z and PS Hayes announce they are leaving the territory for the WWF...

Mr Wrestling II, Ole Anderson and Magnum TA beat the Freebirds for the NWA 6 Man Tag Team Titles at a live show in New Orleanes...

Larry Zbysko makes an open challenge at the same show...who answers the challenge? None other than the Mid South's North American Heavyweight Champion The Junkyard Dog...

JYD beats Zbysko to win GCW National Heavyweight Championship...

At the next TV taping, Zbysko claims his foot was on the bottom rope before the referee finished the 3 count, Georgia promoter Jim Barnett reviews the footage, sides with the ref and upholds JYD's title victory...Larry Z quits the promotion in protest...

My avatar debuts as a (heel) "NWA Representative"...he claims the title match wasn't sanctioned by the NWA, therefore the North American belt is returned to Mid South and JYD is stripped of the National Title...

In what may be the first match of it's kind held by a major US promotion, Andre the Giant defeats Terry Funk, JYD & Terry Gordy to win the (renamed) GCW Unified Heavyweight Championship...

(and you thought the WWE title scene was a bit muddled at times)

Update on my ASCW 0/0/0/0 game. It's now January 2016.

Round up of the world of wrestling.

TCW and SWF are still Global. GCG and SOTBPW both rose to National then fell straight back to Cult. BHOTWG, WLW and PHGW are all still National. USPW have been at Cult all year. OLLIE and MPWF have held steady at Cult.

CGC and NOTBPW both hit National within a week of each other in October. CGC got immediately owned in the National battle with TCW and SWF, but NOTBPW clung on, finishing third and actually managed to win the December National Battle thanks to mediocre months from the Big Two. It'll be interesting to see how things develop from here...

The big story, though, is that SWF have slipped into second place! They've been shipping popularity all year, going from As and A*s across much of the world to low Bs in the US. They've still got B-s practically the world over, but they're dipping closer to that Cult boundary. As such, boosted by the arrival of now two-time Wrestler of the Year Angry Gilmore as well as their theft of Jack Bruce (whilst holding the SWF world title, no less), TCW have managed to overtake their long-time rivals, becoming promotion of the year.

TCW's main event picture has been a little shaken up by these new arrivals. It's now populated by champion Bryan Vessey, Sam Keith, Tommy Cornell, Troy Tornado, RDJ, John Anderson, 2015's Veteran Wrestler of the Year Jack Bruce and of course Tom "The Billion Dollar Man" Gilmore. (I did not know he had this alt. I laughed). Strong... but beginning to age. Gilmore and Cornell are the youngest at 37.

UMC is pretty dang stacked, having a former world champ in Joey Minnesota, International champ Randy Bumfhole, Wolf Hawkins and Rich Money, as well as tag champions Danny Fonzarelli and Koshiro Ino, Brent Hill and Guide.

Still, they're beginning to smack of some wasted talent. They have Dan Stone Jr, Rick Law, Ernest Youngman, Scout and a VASTLY improved Rocky Golden (93 in basics, 85 psychology!) in their midcard. Of course, not everybody can be a superstar, but still... guys like this, and Joey Minnesota and Hawkins - Minnesota got a 94 out of Clark Alexander at their last event – you’d really want them higher. Ah well, not for me to criticise the AI, xD.

(Robert Oxford JUST announced his retirement... he's going to call it quits at the ripe old age of 55, it appears).

SWF are listing, quite possibly due to Kurt Laramee's mediocre title reign and lukewarm feud with The Force (who is their current champion, madness!). Runaway Train remains in the main event, as do Remo, Lobster Warrior, Mark DuBois and Joe Sexy, with Greg Black stepping up to fill part of the void left by Bruce and Gilmore. Good matches from most of them... but poorer show grades, thanks to Laramee main eventing.

Once again, it remains a matter of the real talent being held down. They've got Sammy Bach, Freddy Huggins (ideally suited to SWF product), Aaron Andrews, Robbie Retro (much improved), James Prudence, some good to great gens, Greg Gauge... it's completely nuts how much ability is in their undercard, but they’re not using any of it.

USPW are really starting to feel the pain of SWF talent raids. They’re down to three main eventers – Nicky Champion, T-Rex and Bruce the Giant, and their upper Midcard is not inspiring, consisting of James Justice (down to C-s across the US!), Akima Brave and Andre Jones. I think Henry Lee would be main eventing for them, but he’s out injured. They got Alicia Strong back from SWF, but their Women’s Division is incredibly poor – as well as Alicia they only have Kathy Neptune and a J-Ro regen. …WHY IS PETER VALENTINE STILL EMPLOYED?

NOTBPW are in a slightly precarious position right now, it seems. Eddie Chandler is having a great reign as champ, and they stole CGC champion Nate Johnson whilst he still had the belt. That said they don’t have the strongest main event scene – a heavily declining Jeremy Stone, Chandler, John Maverick, RK Hayes, Nate Johnson and Sean McFly (who seems to be underperforming). Their undercard is stronger, boasting Edd Stone, Davis Wayne Newton, Rhino Umaga, Spencer Spade, Frankie Perez, Jay Chord and Zimmy Bumfhole , but a couple of bad cards could really sink them. Status quo has returned to CGC following that, with Jack DeColt claiming the belt yet again. (Seventh reign!) They have a couple of big names, including Steve Frehley, a retired Christian Faith, Vengeance, Johnny Bloodstone and every DeColt not named Steve, but their cards are just… weak. (Also I want Drake Young. For somebody who’s apparently ‘pretty bad in the ring’ he has GREAT performance stats and charisma. He debuts with like 70 psychology).

Over in Japan, we have a massive dogfight between the three National powerhouses and the limping GCG, whose workers are suffering even worse (Take Matt Keith from me if you must, AI, but please, not to that killer of workers). They just can’t retain National. They don’t have the star power to win the National Battles, and because of their schedule, two of the other promotions are ALWAYS touring the same months as them. They have decent performers, but nobody exceptional that isn’t suffering physically. Hiroyasu Gakusha and Toshiharu Hyobanshi in particular are in horrible shape. Burning Hammer retain top spot, and they seem to be doing what a lot of other promotions aren’t, which is actually develop their young talent – although their main event is still populated but older workers, apart from 34 year old King of Fighters Kinnojo Horri (Miyamae is Burning World Champion). Black Cobra is three time junior champion at current, as well as holding the junior tag belts with Super Joshuya.

Glory Crown holder is Masaru Ugaki. PHGW are doing okay, although their style continues to murder their workers (Danger Kumasaka and Masayuki Shiga FINALLY retired last year, at 61 and 51 respectively). It’s really worrying when your 30 year old champion has full yellow physical condition. Shuji Inukai and Yoshimi Mushashibo just won the Elite Tag Team Series for the seventh time, trading back and forth wins with PRIDE Koiso and Kozue Kawashima, now five time winners. WLW’s main event is two time and current Universal Champion Antonio Maxi Marquez, Great Hisato, Sean Deeley, Marcos Flores, Magnum Kobe, Emerald Angel and Nichiren Amagawa… they’re looking just plain stacked right now. I expect another good year.

I brought Ryu Kajahara out of retirement to see what would happen… and he immediately won the Warrior’s Heart for the eighth time. Nice one, Ryu, no selfishness THERE. On a regional level, there’s a six way brawl in Japan, WEXXV, SAISHO, Hinote Dojo, WJPW, 5SSW and EX2010 are all getting a piece of it. Nothing particularly inspiring on that front going on, otherwise. I still laugh when I look at Ex2010 and see they signed Spirit of the Lizard and Spirit of the Shark… and put them both in separate tag teams, just another thing that makes sense to the AI only.

The UK is at current a four way battle between newcomers HIW and NWF, MOSC and ROF. ROF are miles ahead, but don’t seem to have any kind of expansion plan, so they’re pretty much in a holding pattern. NWF seems to be getting the best of these regional tussles thanks to an accessible product. VWA are edging ahead in Europe, thanks to EWA constantly failing dirty tricks on them (on one occasion, EWA failed and VWA succeeded a trick on the same day), but nobody is going to make a run for Cult any time soon. Nothing is happening in Australia, at all. Just the constantly revolving doors of talent (DIW somehow got the year’s most improved promotion when they only went up by about five points all year).

The US have welcomed X-Wrestling America to the fold, opened up by Findlay O’Farraday. They have a fairly decent roster, and have signed a few of my guys, which I’m always appreciative of (hey, they don’t affect my shows), including my owner, Jordan Brigstock. Marks the first time he’s had other employment. Darryl Devine and Jean “Mean Machine” Cattley have held the tag team titles for over four years in RIPW, their champion is Snow Fox, on his third reign. Otherwise there’s been little change amongst the Regional/Small US companies, and little to remark upon. Giant Brody finally got alternate employment, being picked up by NYCW (although their weak roster doesn’t make that a massive achievement), then won the tag team titles.

It's been a decent year for my own company. We reached C+ in the Great Lakes at the tail end, which coupled with the industry and economy FINALLY being on the rise again, means I'm slowly positioning to make a run at Cult (although my funds were unhelped by splashing out $300,000-odd on a dojo in October). We'll see how things go, especially the strength of my roster, which got shaken up a lot later in the year thanks to NOTBPW and CGC. I lost Frankie Perez, Matt Keith, Swoop McCarthy, Spencer Spade, Claire Chambers (again) and Steve Flash, as well as almost losing Darryl Devine and Mario Alessio. It was a close run thing.

I’m currently nursing a temptation to sign Matty Faith (madness!). He’s an awful worker, but has improved literally across the entire board in everything all on his own, and it’s luring me into thinking he has good destiny. He’s also over, and I have enough good workers to mask his flaws. Maybe once my psychology owner goal expires.

Big news is that not only do we FINALLY have people on the Power 100, but Mario Alessio, who you may remember as a very good gen, has been named young wrestler of the year! Of course, he's working with USPW and PSW too, but it was his feud with Steve DeColt that led to several A-rated matches, and to my mind, the award. Other ASCW workers on the list include Zimmy Bumfhole (97), Swoop McCarthy (84), Mario (64), Samson Barclay, my user character (49), Darryl Devine (38) and Steve DeColt (17), although I can't really claim responsibility for DeColt, given his other employment.

The story going on right now is a three way faction war between the long-lasting Chain of Destiny, led by my user character, All-Star Soul, a babyface stable containing most of the major 'good guys' in the company, and Generation Now, a group originally formed by Zimmy Bumfhole, but swept out from under his feet by a scheming Steve DeColt. Things are beginning to heat up, especially with resident authority figure Jordan Brigstock currently out of commission. Note that my heel bias at the top of the card is largely due to providing rosters for two sizeable heel stables. I know it’s a little severe, but it’s also intentional.

All-Star Championship Wrestling

Product:

'New School'

Traditional: Key Feature

Mainsteam: Heavy

Modern: Medium

Lucha Libre: Medium

Performance = Popularity, simple, unsubtle and unrisky gimmicks preferred, very favourable towards sponsorship.

Medium Face/Heel divide, Integrated women's wrestling and an 80% match/angle ratio.

Match Lengths: 6/12/18

Based in the Great Lakes (C+), $2,713,963 in the bank.

Roster Review

Main Event

Akima Brave - Brand new signing, just became available after his written deal with USPW expired. Good, not great, but solidly over, which is what matters right now. He’s just there to bulk up the roster and provide an unaffiliated guy high up the card for people to wrestle.

Alicia Strong Generation Now - With her SWF deal expiring, Alicia became available, and I was of course more than happy to snap her up. Great worker (with an awesome heel alt). Not in title contention yet, but will be before too long if I can keep her.

Chance Fortune All-Star Soul - Thanks to USPW teaming him up with Mario Alessio, he has enjoyed a push-by association, with their Rough and Tumble team doing pretty well. Delivering good matches and no sign of decline at 36. He'll be a major player in this storyline.

Darryl Devine © All-Star Soul - Defeated Steve DeColt for his third reign with the big belt, and with the matches he's been turning in, it's thoroughly deserved. Set for prominence and a starring role in the year to come, though other title wins may require shotgunning thanks to contract clauses.

Mario Alessio All-Star Soul - He had an awesome feud with Steve DeColt in mid to late 2015, as evidenced by his 'young wrestler' win, but he ultimately still needs work. He's over, but requires carrying on psychology fronts.

Samson Barclay Chain of Destiny - Little to say. Strong matches over the course of the year and he can now reliably carry his own entertainment angles (only took six years!)

Steve DeColt Generation Now - Leader of Generation Now and a former United States champion (defeating Aaron Andrews when he left for SWF). Insanely good for our level (although suffering physically, unfortunately). Not yet in time decline at 42 years old, and a mic maestro.

The Future Generation Now - A redubbed Steven Parker, who betrayed Zimmy Bumfhole to turn over control of the faction to DeColt. A real Starscream type of second in command, always plotting his own agenda. Good matches, and has great chemistry facing both Devine and Zimmy.

ZimmyBumfhole All-Star Soul - Current holder of the totally-not-ripping-off-MitB Golden Opportunity, but although there were a couple of 'will he, won't he?' moments early after he won it, so far Zimmy has not taken advantage of Devine's moments of vulnerability to cash in. He got seriously burned by his own lackies when Parker betrayed him, making Zimmy a really bitter kind've face, as he was forced to throw in with former enemy Swoop McCarthy just to survive (sadly Swoop left for CGC, Zimmy had great chemistry managing him). Putting in a real shift with his matches.

Upper Midcard

Belle Bryden Chain of Destiny - More SWF releases mean more ASCW gains. Forty years old, but barely slowing down and still gold on the microphone. Not as good performance-wise as I'd like, but a good hand for our size.

Brooke Tyler © Chain of Destiny - Truly dominant tag team champion (with Honeyman), with a record length and number of defences (and they are still undefeated as a team, 34 wins and 4 draws since July 2013). The champs were just revealed as members of the Chain, thanks to an elaborate set up which involved almost every member of the other stables being removed as a threat beforehand before the coup de grace. Brushing up on all her skills thanks to being busy working for AAA and CWWF as well as me.

Buddy Garner Generation Now - His occasional team with Callum as part of GN has been going great, thanks to their relative skill levels and positive chemistry teaming up. In spite of being a henchman, he's been providing useful singles matches too.

D.C Rayne - Natural Storm have been feuding with The Solution over the course of the year to try and keep them away from the title scene (for once). Treading water slightly, but this Solution storyline should pick up.

Eddie Howard - See Rayne, although he has been developing ever more value solo with the discovery of positive chemistry vs. Alicia Strong.

Fox Mask - I've kind've wanted to book him FOREVER. Good, solid worker and decently over too. Unfortunately has suffered broken ribs in his second match with us, though.

Giant Brody © Chain of Destiny - Young Lions (new midcard belt) champion, beating Jaime Quine after she bailed on me for SOTBPW. Not an ideal champion, but was the only guy in a good storyline position to take the belt. 2015 was a strong year in the ring for Brody. More matches than ever and a good record (16 wins, 4 losses), average rating 64, and he’s still improving, which is good enough for me.

Remmy Honeyman © Chain of Destiny – See Brooke Tyler, although we remain his only employment. Improving reasonably, but at 28, is likely to become a career tag team wrestler, particularly since I can see Brooke going onto better things in time.

Roger Cage Generation Now - (Re)Debuted as the goofball “Head of talent relations, recruitment and scouting”, offering his services to Steve DeColt. Nobody seems quite sure what to make of his off-the-wall personality, but he has managed to draft in Alicia Strong (his ‘girlfriend’) and The Ring Generals so far, so he’s obviously doing an alright job. Good worker, and his entertainment skills are extremely valuable.

Midcard

Ashley Grover – Considering she all but lived in the dark last year, I’m not sure how she’s here, although I suppose when you’re Regional, home region is the only overness that matters. Pretty uninspiring as a worker, but not a liability, and since she was on the original roster, I’m keeping her. (It helps that her team with Regular Joe is growing ever more experienced)

Berik – He’s continued to feud with the Natural Storm, but hasn’t had very much prominence overall. Working as hired muscle, in a return to The Solution’s roots, but hasn’t been directly affiliated with any of the factions. This year probably will be a holding pattern, since they’re not going to be involved in the faction storyline.

Brendon Idol All-Star Soul – Continues to laugh in the face of five years of time decline by improving seemingly as he feels like it. (I imagine it helps that he works for RIPW and CZCW too). I doubt he’s going to budge from here, not for a couple of years at least, once the decline really gets to him.

Dean Waldorf Generation Now – Had little to do for much of the year, but started to get a bit more involved towards the end thanks to personal biases (He became head trainer for my new dojo, so he scored some big political points). This year might see a third tag team title reign for the Ring Generals, they’ve been out of contention for too long.

Erik Masterson Chain of Destiny – (Erik Strong, renamed thanks to signing Alicia at around the same time and not wanting them to have any association). Erik has possibly my favourite gimmick ever, that is, he’s Chain of Destiny’s sinister ‘fixer’. He’ll be all smiles and charm one moment, then sadistically dissect opponents the next, as well as being an expert at stealthy ambushes. He’s only worked one match so far (a loss to Darryl Devine), but was also responsible for the mysterious disappearance of Jordan Brigstock…

Harry Lawler – Experimental push = a success. Blitz Off! Are developing well as a team, and he’s at the tail end of a feud with The Crippling Crew. He’s going to lose, but he and Moose are looking like more than also-rans for the first time. Getting a lot better technically, but needs more seasoning before he’ll be considered for actually winning a title.

Jeremiah Moose – See Lawler, although he’s probably the better all-rounder. Still, he doesn’t have Lawler’s charisma, nor his 95 basics, so they both pull their own weight. I finally managed to get him off drugs as well, which was very encouraging.

Lance – See Berik. As always, Lance remains the better worker, and his performance stats are seeing him develop into a real workhorse. On a side note, I’ve always found it funny that Lance has thus far been a career heel, yet he works better as a face.

Lenny Brown – He’ll be folded into either Generation Now or Chain of Destiny in the interests of giving him something to do. He’s just sort’ve been… there for the whole time I’ve had him, and he needs more action otherwise he’s never going to get better.

Marv Statler Generation Now – See Dean, benefiting from his partner’s hard work in becoming head trainer.

Nelson Callum Generation Now – Very much a lackey at the moment, been gaining a lot thanks to his occasional team with Buddy Garner. Better things will eventually come, but for now he’s just another footsoldier.

Rudy Velasquez All-Star Soul – Currently in my bad books thanks to complaining about losing to Giant Brody when Brody is FAR more popular at home, just slightly less so across the US (I really think workers for small promotions should take regional popularity into account instead of cross-USA). I’ve got no reason to get rid of him, though.

Sayeed Ali – On his way out the door in a matter of weeks, because I really need to get over the ‘may come in handy’ inclination I have. I have a huge roster already, and I keep telling myself that I’ll use him eventually… but it’s not been happening, so there’s no point to re-signing him again.

Lower Midcard

Ant-Man – Doing decently with Josh Jones/Mega Mite, although he’s pretty much a jobber. I doubt he’ll rise from here any time soon.

Connie Morris – Actually made it onto my Ring Generals list at one point, before newer signings pushed her off again. Remains on the fringes of the company, but she’s well worth keeping around.

Javier Mereno – (A Mexican Gen) Working well in ‘La Alianza’ team with Felipe Caballero. He’s a good all-rounder, just needs to get some more popularity. Unfortunately, he’s currently suffering Churchillian Neck Nerve damage, which might derail his involvement a bit.

Regular Joe – Similar to Grover, although Joe’s actually been getting a fair shake better. Unlikely to become a big name, but his performance skills are more than workable.

Richie Riggins – Still haven’t figured out why I re-signed him. He’s still dire.

Steel – Being held back by his lump of a partner (yeah, you know it’s bad when somebody teamed with Steel is a lump). In absolute fairness, like I said last time around, Steel’s actually pretty good now. He’s got ability worth developing.

Opener

Felipe Caballero – I actually signed Felipe because I liked his awesome re-render and had seen his stats jump a fair amount just through working independent shows. The revelation of him being flagged as a Next Big Thing has led to me using him on every single show since he got signed, so he’s gone from unemployed to working 16 shows over 7 months. With focused development (or at least, constant work), he’s been improving across the board - I’ve paid particular attention to his entertainment skills, which have all seen 8-9 point jumps. If I have anything to say about it, he’s going to be a big name.

Mega Mite – The hooded Josh Jones has been doing okay – but he and Ant-Man both need some more exposure.

Pip Ryker – I retooled a few gens to form a family unit of four (Derek, Hal, Pip and Audrey), signing two of them. Pip is a decent cruiserweight, although I blundered by forgetting to give him a gimmick. He has charisma and is very flashy, but lacks star quality, versatility and toughness.

Thompson Diaz – The first graduate of my new All-Star Foundry, turning pro in December 2015. I made him into my user character’s protégé to justify his graduating after the dojo had only been open for two months. Tough, has good star quality, good charisma, and decent fundamentals for a young guy… an ideal flagship for the dojo.

Enhancement Talent

Audrey Ryker – Doing okay teaming with her brother. She’s a solid brawler with charisma, but again, lacks versatility.

Bernice Stevenson – FAR too good a worker to be relegated to a jobber, but I keep forgetting to actually use her. A strong, charismatic brawler (86) with very good performance stats (75 psychology and 96 basics at 22 years old)

Staff

Heather Halo – Reached 68, but that seems to be the limit of where she can go, as she’s dipped back and forth between 69 a couple of times. I don’t mind, she’s improved a lot from her starting position.

Hugo Makela Chain of Destiny – He’s long been Barclay and Brody’s manager, so no real change for him in those terms. Gaining charisma (It started at about a D+, he’s hit 56 now), and has seen a slight increase in microphone, although that was always far stronger. Also, managers don’t seem to gain respect, seems like a bit of a bug…

Jordan Brigstock – My main authority figure, since he’s the owner and all. He’s only improved a small amount, but he’s reached good levels now, so it’s not much of a problem. Currently absent from commentary duties after a run-in with Erik Masterson, although nobody knows exactly what happened (or who’s responsible, praise the all-seeing backstage segment camera!)

Lew Rose – Some background: I got rid of Roy Worrall and Wade Orson because between Japan, NOTBPW and USPW, I was getting months where I had literally no days when all of my people were available, and the EX2010 guys were the most expendable. Lew is my replacement referee and probably the best available right now (at an 83). He puts RAW in front of me, but they have an easier schedule to balance.

Mr Smith – Trivia: I changed his name (from Steve Smith) because at one point I had four Steve’s (Flash, DeColt, Smith, Park) on the roster, and it was getting confusing. His skills haven’t budged much but he’s a very capable announcer for my purposes.

Original Lone Rider – Good road agent, nothing else to add.

Richard Freebush All-Star Soul – He’s still improving on the microphone, now up to a 76. A valuable roster member.

Sara Silver – No change.

You didn't keep Wolfe Hawkins? I thought he was supposed to be the next big thing in TCW after Cornell decides to hang it up. My young talent feuding with old they are getting bonuses in performance levels very good. I just have to book smarter. I think as long as you fight to keep TCW in 2nd, somehow it will rise to 1st. The plus side with TCW is that you dont have to load the cards with angles to get a crowd going on a storyline. A nice solid match with a few hype angles is well enough.

So Island of Pain (0/0/0/0 Hawaii) is picking up steam now in 2042..but we're still running into some potential problems.

As I've mentioned before, we typically hire the unemployed with 0 popularity in Hawaii. One kind of nice thing that results from this is we get talented, yet unestablished, foreign workers for CHEAP. The problem? In 2042 that pool is shallow as hell. Further complicating matters is my insistance on letting guys go once another promotion has signed them (partly because we're low on the totem pole. I'd rather lose a guy intentionally than see him randomly miss shows because of a booking elsewhere)

As a result, my top workers are now starting to get hired away by other American and Canadian promotions, which is actually pretty new. One of my guys is an Australian, who hasn't worked anywhere outside of Australia and Hawaii...and he just got an offer from PSW.

On one hand, it's really great to see my guys get signed elsewhere based on what I can only assume is what I've done for them. On the other...he's probably my most talented worker.

Anyway, since I last checked in Parajo Del Fuego was just beginning his 2nd reign with the belt...which lasted 6 months, ultimately being defeated by Lorenzo Oliviero. While I'm not 100% certain on his name...he was a rookie who, based on great performances earlier on our cards, went from 0-27 in less than a year.

Unfortunately, after his fantastic win...he had a string of underwhelming defenses. As a result, another rising star named Welsh Dragon grabbed the reigns.

Unfortunately, again, Welsh Dragon then signed with another promotion...so I I decided it was time to push someone new. No big deal, I thought, the next guy will just win the title off of him and hold it for awhile. In what seemed like perfect timing, after his first defense his contract came up for renewal. I figured, ok cool...this way we can play it off as a "gift title" for his hard work prior to departure, and the guy really did grind it out working the openers every other show until making the main card regularly. I was happy to give him the belt, and even more happy to see him having good matches in the main event fighting for it.

Unfortunately, Welsh Dragon's new promotion had a show the same night as our show...meaning our champion, who was scheduled to lose the belt before leaving the promotion, has basically left early...with the belt. Kind of puts a different spin on the "story" but...whatever I guess.

So anyway...our NEW Champion is JK Lee. He's a guy who I think is deserving of the belt, but I am extremely worried about his staying power. With the brevity of our recent title reigns I'd love to see someone hold that thing for a year...and I don't know if he's the one to do it. Lee is a two time "Top Gun" (midcard) champion, and defeated the 3 time Islands (main event) champion, Parajo Del Fuego for the belt in a #1 contenders match to fill the vacated title. Only one or two guys on the roster have a better resume, so I'm perfectly fine with HIM. The problem is that he's been touring with several different Japanese promotions lately, and I fully expect him to miss shows. I've already decided that if his contract comes up for renewal, and he's on tour at the time, I'll likely just let him walk.

The schedule clashing issue isn't too hard to overcome - just go into the schedule screen in your control room and hit 'Calendar'. It'll show you all the days the following month that your guys won't be available for thanks to there being another promotion's show on that day (another promotion's show that they value more than you, that is). In my ASCW game I have to shuffle the dates constantly, because almost all of my guys are employed elsewhere and like to accept tours in Japan. Easier now that I've overtaken the majority of the other Regional level promotions though.

The schedule clashing issue isn't too hard to overcome - just go into the schedule screen in your control room and hit 'Calendar'. It'll show you all the days the following month that your guys won't be available for thanks to there being another promotion's show on that day (another promotion's show that they value more than you, that is). In my ASCW game I have to shuffle the dates constantly, because almost all of my guys are employed elsewhere and like to accept tours in Japan. Easier now that I've overtaken the majority of the other Regional level promotions though.

Under normal circumstances, that's true. I have no trouble working around it either, it's just annoying to have someone in a high profile spot on the card and have to be without him on multiple shows.

The problem that really kicked my ass was with Welsh Dragon, who won the title with the intention of losing it prior to his departure. I worked past it and all. While I could've gone into the show history for the promotion he signed with prior to putting the belt on him, I didn't realize when his contract came up that he was going to be doublebooked on what would've been his final show with us.

Obviously it was my fault, as I could've just as easily not put the belt on him at all knowing he would be leaving soon. It was my carelessness in checking schedules...as I both A) didn't know when his contract was up and B) didn't know the other promotion's schedule when I booked him to win the belt.

Basically it was the perfect storm. Had he either not been booked that night or had his contract come up one month later I'd have been fine. Historically, doublebooking isn't something I've had much of a problem with as only a handful of other promotions run the same days we do, and it's typically very rare.

By the way, you'll never get higher than Cult, and I believe you're permanently stuck at Regional.

Given my fifty year game...no one is higher than Cult (but they are equally popular across the world. Seriously, their popularity is in the 60s everywhere), and none of the 'smaller' promotions, like BSC, PSW, those guys? None of them are bigger than Regional.

After something of a hiatus from the game I started a save as WWF using the 1996 real world mod made by BurningHamster a few days ago.

The first two weeks of the save have been aimed towards building up to the Royal Rumble, which would feature British Bulldog vs. Bret Hart for the WWE Championship and, of course, the Royal Rumble match. Bret Hart vs. Yokozuna main evented the first Raw of the year, and after Bret Hart won he was assaulted by Jim Cornette’s three clients, Owen Hart, Yokozuna and British Bulldog.

I began my build up to the Royal Rumble in a fairly generic manner, with an angle that featured some of the top stars throwing each other over the top rope as a signal of their intentions. The next week, in the final Raw before the Royal Rumble, a six man Royal Rumble was won by Owen Hart who in turn was allowed to choose his entry number into the Rumble (choosing number 30). Just after the battle royal, President Gorilla Monsoon announced a late entrant into the Royal Rumble – the returning Shawn Michaels. The two main storylines overlapped in the main event of the same episode of Raw when Michaels took on British Bulldog; Bulldog won the match via disqualification when Bret Hart interfered, and after the match Camp Cornette once again assaulted Hart in a three-on-one attack, until Shawn Michaels helped assisted him in wiping out the attackers.

Bret Hart retained the WWF Championship at Royal Rumble, while Shawn Michaels was victorious in the Royal Rumble match. Razor Ramon also successfully defended the Intercontinental Championship against Jeff Jarrett, while The Smokin’ Gunns (Bart Gunn & Billy Gunn) successfully defended the Tag Team Championships against The Bodydonnas (Skip/Chris Candido & Zip/Tom Pritchard). I also have worked on reactivating the Women’s division, which was nonexistent at the beginning of 1996. A match between Jacqueline and Leilani Kai to decide the Women’s Champion was a no contest as Rhonda Singh debuted as a monster female and destroyed both women.

I wasn’t looking forward to the first few weeks so much, as Royal Rumble in particular is a hard event to build up to from scratch. With that out of the way, I had plenty of ideas buzzing around in my head in regards to building up to Wrestlemania 14.

After something of a hiatus from the game I started a save as WWF using the 1996 real world mod made by BurningHamster a few days ago.

The first two weeks of the save have been aimed towards building up to the Royal Rumble, which would feature British Bulldog vs. Bret Hart for the WWE Championship and, of course, the Royal Rumble match. Bret Hart vs. Yokozuna main evented the first Raw of the year, and after Bret Hart won he was assaulted by Jim Cornette’s three clients, Owen Hart, Yokozuna and British Bulldog.

I began my build up to the Royal Rumble in a fairly generic manner, with an angle that featured some of the top stars throwing each other over the top rope as a signal of their intentions. The next week, in the final Raw before the Royal Rumble, a six man Royal Rumble was won by Owen Hart who in turn was allowed to choose his entry number into the Rumble (choosing number 30). Just after the battle royal, President Gorilla Monsoon announced a late entrant into the Royal Rumble – the returning Shawn Michaels. The two main storylines overlapped in the main event of the same episode of Raw when Michaels took on British Bulldog; Bulldog won the match via disqualification when Bret Hart interfered, and after the match Camp Cornette once again assaulted Hart in a three-on-one attack, until Shawn Michaels helped assisted him in wiping out the attackers.

Bret Hart retained the WWF Championship at Royal Rumble, while Shawn Michaels was victorious in the Royal Rumble match. Razor Ramon also successfully defended the Intercontinental Championship against Jeff Jarrett, while The Smokin’ Gunns (Bart Gunn & Billy Gunn) successfully defended the Tag Team Championships against The Bodydonnas (Skip/Chris Candido & Zip/Tom Pritchard). I also have worked on reactivating the Women’s division, which was nonexistent at the beginning of 1996. A match between Jacqueline and Leilani Kai to decide the Women’s Champion was a no contest as Rhonda Singh debuted as a monster female and destroyed both women.

I wasn’t looking forward to the first few weeks so much, as Royal Rumble in particular is a hard event to build up to from scratch. With that out of the way, I had plenty of ideas buzzing around in my head in regards to building up to Wrestlemania 14.

You mean WrestleMania 12. :p

So Sean McFly is the mentor of Greg Gauge? And Sean McFly is a class act, whereas Greg is getting a bit of an ego? Too bad McFly's with TCW...

Contract up in 38 days?

:D:D:D:D:D

And...whatever my...June...PPV is, the big one, yeah, we're going to rock it. McFly vs. Tornado for the title.

Wait, Diaz has it, and he's giving it to Deeley (who probably has an ego now ._.).

So...heel McFly vs. Deeley?

Island of Pain (0/0/0/0 Hawaii) - Current Date: April 2043

Ok, well...some very serious developments here.

L-Ring and I are having a slugfest now, and as a result my talent recruitment and retainment model have shifted dramatically (I used an alternate save...just in case my competitive streak bankrupts me)

Where IoP used to be the place for unemployed, unknown, talent to a make waves...it was becoming apparent that we could NOT compete with L-Ring, and as a result we fell in popularity from Small back to Local, which just destroyed us financially (a loss of about 7k per month in sponsorship money)

As a result, I began looking over my roster and saying..."If you can't consistently have match ratings in the 20's...GTFO" and have stopped letting talent walk upon signing elsewhere. Simply put, it's time to stop playing around and start growing.

A new recruitment method, in theory, is to attempt to bring in anyone who holds gold in any of the Regional and below American and Canadian feds. The real problem with this is MOST of these guys are working for 3 feds already and are not looking to overcommit. I may over time go back to hiring the "unemployed" as a result, but the 0 overness isn't something I'm going to push anymore.

Sidebar - I don't know when this actually started because I've really been playing on an island, pun sort of intended, as in...not really paying attention to the other promotions...but NOTBW has somehow fallen to Small. They haven't run the Ed Henson cup since 2036, so I assume the decline really hit them around then. I found this to be HUGE news...particularly since I was now trying to leech their talent.

So I've cut 3 guys from my roster, all hired within the past 8 months, and have replaced all but one of them. I'm very much looking forward to "the next step" as I'm tired as hell of stagnating with my current pool of talent.

One of my first major changes...I re-signed my champion, La Bestia Purpura, despite his working for a Mexican promotion. In 2042 I would've let him walk.

Hoping for big things, but with it comes added roster costs. Hopefully the show ratings will improve beyond this and we will be able to actually climb the rankings and possibly get to Regional for the first time ever.

So in my NYCW game, currently in May of 2012, Mito Miwa took over as booker of MAW, and he's playing havoc with their show ratings. They'll go from a show rated 50 to a show at 71 and back down again at the drop of hat. They're growing, but Miwa is integral. Even with his low popularity, he's averaging a 72 match rating with an 81 in a title defense against Jay Chord. The shows he doesn't main event do about average (with guys like Riley McManus somehow making the finals of the RCI...) but the ones he does do great. They've already surpassed me (mostly due to no mid atlantic competition. I have 3 other promotions I'm competing against) and they're well on their way to cult.

In my 1987 game, as WCW I finally got a hold of some main event talent (no thanks to Ted Turner's hiring rules). And I jacked up my advanced booking badly enough to fall to Cult size due to one show.... I was one day away from being able to finally hire Ric Flair and get him in a written contract, and now I'm screwed for six months. :(

Just pulled a 95/A* (I checked) show at NOTBPW Super Slam 2012. A bit disappointed I couldn't get above that, actually, given who I was working with. *shrug*

That said, I might have forgetten that Maple Leaf Raids is taped on Sunday, the next day. And I might have killed like...3 of my best tag teams.

Oops?

Archived