What's going on in your game?

So I started a new game as the Wrestling Premier League, my created Canadian promotion. I toyed around with starting an SWF or TCW game, but MJStark's WPL titles swayed me here.

For the WPL, I actually merged NOTBPW and CGC into one national Canadian promotion where popularity matters as much as performance, letting me occupy the middle ground between the SWF and TCW. Merging the two promotions probably sounds more poweful than it is. The only CGC guy making a serious contribution right now is Ricky DeColt. If Alex and Jack were to die in a car accident, I wouldn't really mind. Sean Deeley and Gargantuan will have significant roles eventually, but they're in development right now. Otherwise, it's pretty much just NOTBPW's awesomeness.

Anyway, just finished June with my biggest PPV, Summer Bash 2010. It went...well.

WPL X-Division Championship

Ladder Match

Ricky DeColt def. Dark Angel to become the new champion.

These two had been feuding since January, when Dark Angel attacked DeColt in order to get an advantage to win the first-ever X-Division championship. DeColt kept coming up short, but finally, finally, got his revenge at the Bash. Thanks to Dark Angel's performance abilities, this match got a 97, despite neither guy being willing to take a crazy bump.

You might be wondering why this match was on last. Simply, I knew it'd be my best match. I normally would put the heavyweight title on last regardless, but I wanted this event to be great, so I rationalized the switch as me letting the fans vote on what would main event, and them choosing the popular, exciting X-Division match. Not something I'll make a habit of, but I don't mind it this one time.

WPL World Heavyweight Championship

Steel Cell Match

Steve DeColt def. Alex DeColt to retain the championship.

The obvious feud. Alex won the title in January, Steve took it in February with the help of his newly formed Horsemen (Steve, Bloodstone, Larry Wood, Steven Parker, Jacob Jett, and Katie Cameron), and he's kept it ever since.

Like I said, the obvious feud, but considering the matches aren't that great, I'm glad it's pretty much over. This match only scored an 87 despite both guys having 99-100 pop in Canada and the US, the feud having 100 heat, and Steve taking a crazy bump. Oh well. Time for Steve to move on to feuding with the Stones.

WPL Tag Team Championship

Dread & Eddie Chandler def. The Stone Brothers to retain the championships.

I almost didn't go after Dread. But then I figured I could stick him in Elite (Dread, Chandler, Buddy Garner, Dan DaLay, John Maverick, and Adrian Garcia) and use his menace to help get the other guys in Elite over. And I figured what better way to use menace than to attack The Stone Brothers as his WPL debut. And hey, that worked well, let's do it again, And again. And he might as well team up with a random member of Elite and take the titles. And keep them. And attack more people.

Now Dread has 100 pop in 13 of the 16 regions in the US and Canada and 99 pop in the other three. He's my most over worker.

This match got an 89. The finish had Chandler winning by chicanery, so there'll probably be one more match at the next PPV before the Stones focus on their singles stuff.

Six-Man tag Match

Michael Sabean & Youth Energy def. Garner, DaLay & Maverick

Sabean is my user character who is a clone/replacement of Davis Wayne Newton. After starting off with about 25 straight losses, Sabean's been on the the winning side in a couple tag matches, giving me some momentum and pop. This was just a filler match for the PPV. I'd been jobbing Youth Energy out a lot, so I figured I'd owed them a ride-my-meager-coattails win. DaLay wasn't thrilled, but it wasn't anything $10,000 couldn't fix. 85 rating.

Singles Match

Jack DeColt def. Steve Flash

Total filler. Jack has formed a new Calgary Wolverines tag team with Tim Westybrook, but Westybrook's contract is coming up, so I didn't want him winning on this card. So Jack got a solid win in front of a lot of people. 79 rating. Bleh.

Opening Match of the Ed Henson Memorial

Submission Match

Johnny Blood def. Sean McFly

The Ed Henson Memorial Tournament lives on as a two-month 1v1 submission grappling tournament. This was the opening match. Despite relatively low overness for both guys (both contracts had just been renewed), this match got a 95 to open the show.

Dark Match

15-man battle royal

Larry Wood def. everyone else

Open match + work the crowd = Larry Wood win. I'm fine with that. 74 rating.

Add in a number of 100 rated angles, over $1.1 million spent on a special set and entertainment, and my biggest card of the year got a 99. I ended up losing money in June, but whatever, that was a kick-ass card.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was able to convert TEW 2007's C-Verse to 2010 and I am playing as DAVE so here is an update.

Danger And Violence Extreme

May 2007

20 Shows completed

Champions

DAVE Unified: Chris Caulfield

Prestige: 80

2 Defenses made so far

Defeated Eddie Peak

DAVE Brass Knuckles: Sammy Bach

Prestige: 58

Defeated Jack Giedroyc

DAVE Tag Team: The New Wave (Guide and Scout

Prestige: 54

Defeated Alex Braun and Tank Bradley

Storylines

Acid vs. Chris Caulfield ©

DAVE Unified Championship Feud

Eric Tyler vs. Jack Giedroyc

Here is the card for my next pay per view titled DAVE Total Disruption

Joey Minnesota vs. Travis Century

Johnny Martin vs. Sammy Bach ©

DAVE Brass Knuckles Championship Match

Eddie Peak vs. Hells Bouncer

Shawn Gonzalez vs. Vin Tanner

The Latino Kings: Rudy Velasquez and Hector Galindo vs. The New Wave Guide and Scout ©

DAVE Tag Team Championship Match

Eric Tyler vs. Jack Giedroyc

Acid vs. Chris Caulfield ©

DAVE Unified Championship Match

Left Company

Emma Chase

Nathan Coleman

Carl Batch

New Signings

Madman Boone

Doug Peak

Ernie Turner

Died

Big Cat Brandon (Brandon James) Died in an accident in March of 2007 at the age of 30

Note: This was the first death I have ever had happen in the game in the promotion I played as. There have been plenty of deaths in other games that I have played in the past but this is the first time that someone has died that was actually in my promotion. I was kind of mad when this happened because he was feuding with Eric Tyler at the time and I was eventually going to have him feud with the Unified Champion and win the title. Unfortnately with this death that didn't happen.

Note: As you may have noticed I didn't include how much money I have in the bank as I am losing money because that is what happens with DAVE. I keep putting money into my finances and will continue to do so as long as I want to play this game.

I will provide updates after every four monthes in game that I complete. So on the first day of May of the current year, the first day of September of the current year, and the first day of January of the new year.

It is July 2011 in my CGC game and in the past month, I have been able to steal the following workers.

SWF

Steve Frehley

Angry Gilmore

Marc DuBois

Emma Chase

Duane Fry

Darren Smith

NOTBPW

Sean McFly (Although I had to adjust Alex to be more Flashy with his money in order to get the extra $5,000):D

It is July 2011 in my CGC game and in the past month, I have been able to steal the following workers.

SWF

Steve Frehley

Angry Gilmore

Marc DuBois

Emma Chase

Duane Fry

Darren Smith

NOTBPW

Sean McFly (Although I had to adjust Alex to be more Flashy with his money in order to get the extra $5,000):D

What size is CGC in your game, I was able to get Steve Frehley in the dynasty game that I am doing but I haven't even attempted to get those others that you mentioned. Also is SWF still at Global or have they fallen to Cult yet? In the FCW game I have going (Renamed the company to MSWA) I am in 2036 and SWF are at Local and were 44th in the promotion rankings the last time I checked.

What size is CGC in your game, I was able to get Steve Frehley in the dynasty game that I am doing but I haven't even attempted to get those others that you mentioned. Also is SWF still at Global or have they fallen to Cult yet? In the FCW game I have going (Renamed the company to MSWA) I am in 2036 and SWF are at Local and were 44th in the promotion rankings the last time I checked.

SWF, TCW and myself are all Global. NOTBPW is only International.

I went national in August 2010. SWF & TCW have never dropped in size.

Ive just held Vengeance 2001, this PPV is the penultimate show before the inevitable brand split after SummerSlam (roster is too big)

The WCW title match is Rock v DDP and is actually part of DDP's storyline with Taker which rebirths The Deadman (American Badass alias was 'injured by DDP at KOTR). With Paul Bearer at his side, DDP came very close to the win but as fate would have it, interference by Bearer 'accidentally' cost DDP shot at the gold. However, the match will go down in history as the 67,500 spectators witnessed a 5 star classic, a perfect 100.

The semi main event saw Kurt Angle retain his WWF Title in a triple theat match against Big Show and Chris Jericho, however it only recieved a disappointing 74.

Earlier in the night saw Chris Benoit retain US Gold against Booker and Eddie in a solid opener and The Hardyz regained their WWF Tag Titles against Flair/Nash. Christian and Edge feud for the IC Title is far from over as Christian seemed to get himself deliberately DQ'd in a decent 12 minute match. William Regal and Goldust had a good 9 min match for the Euro Title which saw the Brit retain clean.

The other standout match was HHH V Mick Foley street fight. Foley was called out of etirement on an episode of RAW that followed KOTR. HHH who defeated and badly injured Steve Austin at that event, was celebrating his destruction in a disgusting promo. Jim Ross stepped in to defend his friend only then for The Game to grab him but before he could strike, Foley made the save and from there we end up at Vengeance for one last time.

In a brutal hardcore 16 min bout, they really pulled it out. It ended with a stoppage as HHH left Foley in a bloodied heap and unable to continue. It scored an excellent 95 and was followed by a 99 segment which saw Foley stretchered out.

Im pleased with the 93 overall but sick i didnt put the street fight as the Semi Main but it was a tough call

My best show in BurningHamster's 1996 mod:

http://i51.tinypic.com/so5svl.jpg

It probably would have been higher, but a few of the matches were dinged for being too short. I forgot to make the PPVs 3 hours long, so I only had 2.5 hours to fit everything in. I have now made them 3.5 hours long, and lowered the match ratio for events to 70%, allowing for longer matches and more high-rated angles.

I managed to surpass the World Wrestling Federation as the number 1 promotion in the world in regards to influence, allowing me to sign Hall and Nash away from them. Of course, this angered Ric Flair, and he will probably be leaving when his contract expires in 43 days. I'm not sure if I want to give him $1,200,000+ in bonus money to make him stay, when I can simply take that $60,000 per month and invest in other workers. I have pushed Eddy Guerrero up to the main event scene, with 90 Popularity in the US, so he could fill his roster spot, while Dean Malenko could take Flair's place in the Horsemen, as I originally planned. However, the Flair vs. Horsemen storyline would be out the window.

Is there anyone out there who thinks I should give Flair whatever he wants and get him signed? Best case scenario, I get everything I want out of him and then make him a manager for an up-and-coming babyface. Worst case scenario, of course, is him leaving. I'm just not sure if I want to give him $1,500,000+ this month, bonuses included.

So in my 0/0/0/0 game, I'm losing money per show, though I'm making it back by having off months. The issue is a lot of guys asking for absurd amounts (Only for of my workers are being paid under 500/show, and one of them is my announcer). Getting about 4300+ a month in sponsorships but it's not enough to keep me out of the red.

I had Fortius Minimus win the "Cirque de Guerre Europas Middleweight Championship" in a four-way ladder match, scurrying up while everyone except the DuPont brothers were down. Why didn't the DuPonts stop him? Because they were too busy playing Rock Paper Scissors to see who gets the belt. They didn't realize the match was over until Fortius realized how high up he was, fainted, and fell into the arms of the DuPonts with the belt in hand.

Sadly who I wanted to be Jack Miracle (Avatar)'s main foe, Gianfranco Morelli, doesn't have good chemistry with him. So I guess either Puffy or Ripper LeStat will be Miracle's top foe.

So in my 0/0/0/0 game, I'm losing money per show, though I'm making it back by having off months. The issue is a lot of guys asking for absurd amounts (Only for of my workers are being paid under 500/show, and one of them is my announcer). Getting about 4300+ a month in sponsorships but it's not enough to keep me out of the red.

I had Fortius Minimus win the "Cirque de Guerre Europas Middleweight Championship" in a four-way ladder match, scurrying up while everyone except the DuPont brothers were down. Why didn't the DuPonts stop him? Because they were too busy playing Rock Paper Scissors to see who gets the belt. They didn't realize the match was over until Fortius realized how high up he was, fainted, and fell into the arms of the DuPonts with the belt in hand.

Sadly who I wanted to be Jack Miracle (Avatar)'s main foe, Gianfranco Morelli, doesn't have good chemistry with him. So I guess either Puffy or Ripper LeStat will be Miracle's top foe.

If I ever book an indy show, I'm stealing that finish.

My best show in BurningHamster's 1996 mod:

http://i51.tinypic.com/so5svl.jpg

It probably would have been higher, but a few of the matches were dinged for being too short. I forgot to make the PPVs 3 hours long, so I only had 2.5 hours to fit everything in. I have now made them 3.5 hours long, and lowered the match ratio for events to 70%, allowing for longer matches and more high-rated angles.

I managed to surpass the World Wrestling Federation as the number 1 promotion in the world in regards to influence, allowing me to sign Hall and Nash away from them. Of course, this angered Ric Flair, and he will probably be leaving when his contract expires in 43 days. I'm not sure if I want to give him $1,200,000+ in bonus money to make him stay, when I can simply take that $60,000 per month and invest in other workers. I have pushed Eddy Guerrero up to the main event scene, with 90 Popularity in the US, so he could fill his roster spot, while Dean Malenko could take Flair's place in the Horsemen, as I originally planned. However, the Flair vs. Horsemen storyline would be out the window.

Is there anyone out there who thinks I should give Flair whatever he wants and get him signed? Best case scenario, I get everything I want out of him and then make him a manager for an up-and-coming babyface. Worst case scenario, of course, is him leaving. I'm just not sure if I want to give him $1,500,000+ this month, bonuses included.

Just curious, what settings do you have on/off when you play? & looks like you're doing an awesome job...i usually get bored or screw something up when I'm anywhere within range of competing with the #1. lol

Ive just held Vengeance 2001, this PPV is the penultimate show before the inevitable brand split after SummerSlam (roster is too big)

The WCW title match is Rock v DDP and is actually part of DDP's storyline with Taker which rebirths The Deadman (American Badass alias was 'injured by DDP at KOTR). With Paul Bearer at his side, DDP came very close to the win but as fate would have it, interference by Bearer 'accidentally' cost DDP shot at the gold. However, the match will go down in history as the 67,500 spectators witnessed a 5 star classic, a perfect 100.

The semi main event saw Kurt Angle retain his WWF Title in a triple theat match against Big Show and Chris Jericho, however it only recieved a disappointing 74.

Earlier in the night saw Chris Benoit retain US Gold against Booker and Eddie in a solid opener and The Hardyz regained their WWF Tag Titles against Flair/Nash. Christian and Edge feud for the IC Title is far from over as Christian seemed to get himself deliberately DQ'd in a decent 12 minute match. William Regal and Goldust had a good 9 min match for the Euro Title which saw the Brit retain clean.

The other standout match was HHH V Mick Foley street fight. Foley was called out of etirement on an episode of RAW that followed KOTR. HHH who defeated and badly injured Steve Austin at that event, was celebrating his destruction in a disgusting promo. Jim Ross stepped in to defend his friend only then for The Game to grab him but before he could strike, Foley made the save and from there we end up at Vengeance for one last time.

In a brutal hardcore 16 min bout, they really pulled it out. It ended with a stoppage as HHH left Foley in a bloodied heap and unable to continue. It scored an excellent 95 and was followed by a 99 segment which saw Foley stretchered out.

Im pleased with the 93 overall but sick i didnt put the street fight as the Semi Main but it was a tough call

NICE JOB with the Rock/DDP match, that is a match that SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED. But of course, McMahon had to screw it up and not let WCW be represented as equals. (unless they were padded with WWF crossovers. Rubbish!) What mod are you using?

Just curious, what settings do you have on/off when you play? & looks like you're doing an awesome job...i usually get bored or screw something up when I'm anywhere within range of competing with the #1. lol

I have owner goals turned off and the dirt sheet turned on. Everything else is checked.

Thanks. The whole idea of booking the nWo correctly is keeping me very interested. I usually only get a month or two in before quitting, but this one has my attention.

I have owner goals turned off and the dirt sheet turned on. Everything else is checked.

Thanks. The whole idea of booking the nWo correctly is keeping me very interested. I usually only get a month or two in before quitting, but this one has my attention.

Nice, I don't think I'll ever get the hang of playing with (nearly) all settings turned on.

And yeah, trying to book something realistically really helps you get into the game, rather than booking the same card 20 times and focusing too much on numbers.

Playing as WWE, started in September and am almost done with October. Its about the furthest I've ever gotten as WWE, plus I just turn off storylines because I usually get too caught up to follow them and I find it easier to play without them, especially because I hate running angles. xP

But, my game is like this:

WWE Divas Champion: Beth Phoenix.

She won the title from Kelly Kelly (who won the title when it was vacated) the night after No Mercy on RAW. Divas are just floating around, barely getting any TV time. (I don't really see them fit compared to the male roster...)

WWE Intercontinental Champion: Versus Vince

This would be my user character, the head booker and owner of the company. His skills and pop made him start out as an Upper Midcarder, and he was on Smackdown! I've been pushing the crap out of him. Beat Cody Rhodes for the title on the second Smackdown in September, and (since I usually have midcard titles defended every week) has defended the title six times following, making him undefeated.

WWE Tag Team Champions: Miz-Truth

David Otunga and Joe Hennig, going by Substanance at the time, lost the tag titles to Altitude Era (Evan Bourne & Kofi Kingston) on the first RAW show in September. Altitude Era defended against the up and coming teams, along with Substanance (who split just recently), four times, until Miz-Truth beat them in a non-title match, followed by beating them for the titles. Now, the current top contenders for the belts come from Smackdown, being the team of Shannon Moore and Nunzio, who have been taking the Smackdown tag team division by storm.

WWE Triple Crown: Chris Jericho

Chris Jericho returned in the 3rd week of September, where he decided to bring back the WCW World Heavyweight title, and claim himself the champion. Alberto Del Rio challenged him to a match for both the WCW and WWE Championships, and Jericho ended up beating Del Rio in that opening match. Later on in the night, John Cena beat the Miz in the finals of a tournament to win a shot at the WWE Championship. The same night, Cena cashed in his shot at the title and lost to Jericho. Jericho then made a surprise appearance on Smackdown, where Christian decided to copy Jericho and bring back the ECW Championship, declaring himself champion. Jericho made a bold move, putting both his titles on the line for the ECW title in a match against Christian. Chris Jericho took the win in that main event, and unified the three World Championships, making the WWE Triple Crown Championship. At No Mercy, he unveiled the new belt to look like the old WWE Championship, before the Spinner belt. Jericho has been a fighting champion ever since.

WWE United States: John Morrison

Dolph Ziggler put his title on the line against John Morrison, who beat him. The week after, Ziggler cashed in his rematch and won. The week after that, Morrison did the same. Ziggler cashed in his rematch the week after that, and won again! Ziggler managed two title defenses before losing the belt to John Morrison once again. Ziggler has slipped down the slope while Morrison has 4 solid defenses against other RAW superstars.

WWE World Heavyweight: Randy Orton

The only one who hasn't lost his Championship is Randy Orton. He's defended it 3 times, but it appears the Undertaker is back for awhile, recently attacking his brother Kane. Could the Undertaker be the one to end the reign of the Viper?

I'm on to the last RAW of October now. Please, tell me your thoughts. =D

EDIT: Shannon Moore & Nunzio beat Miz-Truth for tag titles. I love pushing my favorite jobbers. xP

I got a chuckle out of the chris jericho stuff.

Basically..

'and then jericho won every title. the end.'

:)

Not that there's anything wrong with that!

I do wish there was a feature for unifying titles though... Make "Night of Champions" really worth a damn, as Jericho can go for the NWA, AWA, WCCW, and SMW titles.. haha

Also.. i hate running angles too. I find it impossible to find exactly what I want as there's too many useless angles and not enough standard "Worker cuts a promo" or "Worker is interviewed by Interviewer" type stuff. I'm sure there is, but it's buried under relationship break-ups, people getting buried alive, and other attitude era inspired nonsense

I got a chuckle out of the chris jericho stuff.

Basically..

'and then jericho won every title. the end.'

:)

Not that there's anything wrong with that!

I do wish there was a feature for unifying titles though... Make "Night of Champions" really worth a damn, as Jericho can go for the NWA, AWA, WCCW, and SMW titles.. haha

Also.. i hate running angles too. I find it impossible to find exactly what I want as there's too many useless angles and not enough standard "Worker cuts a promo" or "Worker is interviewed by Interviewer" type stuff. I'm sure there is, but it's buried under relationship break-ups, people getting buried alive, and other attitude era inspired nonsense

Well, my plan was to bring Chris Jericho back from hiatus, give him enough world titles to seal the deal for a future Hall of Immortals reign, followed by giving him a helluva domination. I'm probably gonna have him beat Undertaker at WrestleMania. xP

Also, I only run Hype and Interview segments. I couldn't care less, its all about the matches for me. And in this diary, I've been getting consistently good grades week after week, so I must be doing something right. It helps if the match ratio is 70% though.

Nice to see Shannon Moore & Nunzio getting a push. i know they didn't really catch on anywhere but the old ECW, i always thought both were talented and should get a small jobber push.

Love the Jericho stuff. He deserves being in the HOI and if you have to mega push him, do it. A match with the Undertaker are Wrestlemania would be awesome.

I'm with ya on the angles. In most of my games i just use the Hype or face off, some cheap menace angles for monsters. I don't worry about attacks or diva dancing/stripping/mud wrestling angles.

If you have enough Diva's, maybe a brand split for a Diva's only show. Depends on how you feel about women wrestling. (currently running AAA in the C-verse so i do like ladies that can go in the ring and cut a promo)

Nice to see Shannon Moore & Nunzio getting a push. i know they didn't really catch on anywhere but the old ECW, i always thought both were talented and should get a small jobber push.

Love the Jericho stuff. He deserves being in the HOI and if you have to mega push him, do it. A match with the Undertaker are Wrestlemania would be awesome.

I'm with ya on the angles. In most of my games i just use the Hype or face off, some cheap menace angles for monsters. I don't worry about attacks or diva dancing/stripping/mud wrestling angles.

If you have enough Diva's, maybe a brand split for a Diva's only show. Depends on how you feel about women wrestling. (currently running AAA in the C-verse so i do like ladies that can go in the ring and cut a promo)

I honestly just put divas in pre-show matches because they are there. I'm not big on women's wrestling in TEW is all.

Well, my plan was to bring Necro Butcher in, give him enough world titles to seal the deal for a future Hall of Immortals reign, followed by giving him a helluva domination. I'm probably gonna have him beat Undertaker at WrestleMania. xP

Also, I only run Hype and Interview segments. I couldn't care less, its all about the matches for me. And in this diary, I've been getting consistently good grades week after week, so I must be doing something right. It helps if the match ratio is 70% though.

I know this is what you really meant...:p

That would be a good thing to suggest in the TEW 2010 Suggestions forum as I am sure that you are not the only one who wishes there was a feature that would unify two titles. I wish that there was a way to unify two titles in the game so you are not alone on that one.

Archived