What's going on in your game?

So I was just poking around in the editor looking at the expiration dates on the contracts of some of the guys I want to steal from the SWF or TCW. I can't even begin describe my giddiness at what I found. Summer Bash 2011 in six months is going to be the craziest damn card ever. I will spend all the moneys in the world to sign away the guys I need to make this happen.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Still lolling at "Spectacular Johnson Entrance" myself.

What's so funny about

Oh.

Heh.

Hee hee heeeeeee

*ahem*

Hey, NOTBPW has an 80% match ratio. We definitely have souls. Well, not Jack Avatar, whose predatory hiring habits have led to an active roster nearing 200 and over 400 people in development. So not him.

But Steve DeColt? He doesn't wrestle that often; he's used as the lynchpin in the ever-popular DeColt/Tornado debates. The Stone Siblings aren't used as often (as they should...), but they've been replaced. Bloodstone Tornado's just as fine, newly-turned Gurren Lagaan works well, DeColt/Holmes is great...I don't need them.

Now do I want to keep them? Yes. Because SWF/TCW/BHOTWG/PGHW can suck it. But need? No.

Hell, my favorite success story is "Shingekazu", Shingen Miyazaki and Hidekazu. With great chemistry, they've gotten to 67 tag experience, leading them to be a very solid tag team. The main trouble they have is their physical conditions, which hinders them in matches. But if they could get pushed...they'd be at least as successful as the Can-Am Blondes.

Actually, the Blondes won the tag tiels 4 times, while Shingekazu are only at two. However, back in 2011, they had 19 TITLE DEFENSES. I believe the titles were newly-minted as main event, and I wanted them to increase the prestige. They failed, but...I'm proud of them.

Danger And Violence Extreme

September 2007

40 Shows Completed

Champions

DAVE Unified: Chris Caulfield

Prestige: 80

7 Defenses made so far

Defeated Eddie Peak

Note: I am planning on having Acid defeat Chris Caulfield for the DAVE Unified Championship at The Alternate Showcase

DAVE Brass Knuckles: JD Morgan

Prestige: 56

1 Defense made so far

Defeated Sammy Bach

DAVE Tag Team: Vacant

Prestige: 54

Storylines

Acid vs. Chris Caulfield ©

DAVE Unified Championship Feud

Jack Giedroyc vs. Eddie Peak

Here is the card for my next pay per view titled DAVE The Alternate Showcase

Guide vs. JD Morgan ©

DAVE Brass Knuckles Championship

The McWade Brothers (Dean and Dallas McWade) vs. Adrenaline Rush (Teddy Powell and Sammy Bach)

Match for the vacant DAVE Tag Team Titles

Scout vs. Shawn Gonzalez

Joey Minnesota vs. Madman Boone

Jack Giedroyc vs. Eddie Peak

Acid vs. Chris Caulfield ©

DAVE Unified Championship Match

Retired

Eric Tyler

Alex Braun

Travis Century

Released after retired

Eric Tyler

Alex Braun

Travis Century

Left Company

Ernie Turner to CGC

Rudy Velasquez to TCW

Hells Bouncer to TCW

Joey Minnesota to NOTBPW

New Signings

Paul Steadyfast

Ace Youngblood

Al Coleman

Crash Lewis

I managed to surpass the World Wrestling Federation as the number 1 promotion in the world in regards to influence, allowing me to sign Hall and Nash away from them. Of course, this angered Ric Flair, and he will probably be leaving when his contract expires in 43 days. I'm not sure if I want to give him $1,200,000+ in bonus money to make him stay, when I can simply take that $60,000 per month and invest in other workers. I have pushed Eddy Guerrero up to the main event scene, with 90 Popularity in the US, so he could fill his roster spot, while Dean Malenko could take Flair's place in the Horsemen, as I originally planned. However, the Flair vs. Horsemen storyline would be out the window.

Is there anyone out there who thinks I should give Flair whatever he wants and get him signed? Best case scenario, I get everything I want out of him and then make him a manager for an up-and-coming babyface. Worst case scenario, of course, is him leaving. I'm just not sure if I want to give him $1,500,000+ this month, bonuses included.

I decided to job Flair out for the next 4 weeks until he loses a Loser-Leaves-WCW match in the feud finale against Randy Savage for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. His popularity would be around 70, hopefully, before he signs with the WWF, thus not having much of an impact on their ratings, at least not right away. Malenko will replace him in the Horsemen, with Anderson taking over as the leader, and a newly-cleaned (off drugs) Brian Pillman moving into Anderson's spot. This plan saves me a lot of money in the long run, without having to pay millions of dollars to keep a 46-year-old.

I've been thinking a lot about my upcoming (6 weeks away) Slamboree Pay-Per-View. In 1996, WCW held the final Battlebowl tournament at the event. You know the one, the Lethal Lottery. The one where you'd get Animal and Booker T vs. Hawk and Lex Luger kicking off the show.

Would it be worth doing this? I always loved the concept, but with chemistry issues, etc., would the match ratings be so low that it would be detrimental to my company? Has anyone tried doing this, and had success with it?

Also, I wanted to move this up to see if anyone can answer it. I'm moving progressively closer to it, so I'd like to make a decision soon.

Also, I wanted to move this up to see if anyone can answer it. I'm moving progressively closer to it, so I'd like to make a decision soon.

Well, if you are weeks out yet and are worried about chemistries, why not be testing them in house shows? Personally, I always found the BattleBowl idea goofy and too random for my tastes, but if you liked it and doing it in the game would be fun, why not? You won't get tag team experience bonuses but so long as you avoid combinations with bad chemistry, there's no reason it shouldn't work.

Well, if you are weeks out yet and are worried about chemistries, why not be testing them in house shows? Personally, I always found the BattleBowl idea goofy and too random for my tastes, but if you liked it and doing it in the game would be fun, why not? You won't get tag team experience bonuses but so long as you avoid combinations with bad chemistry, there's no reason it shouldn't work.

I honestly didn't think of using house shows. :o

Thank you very much. :)

I guess I'm the opposite, then. I liked it because it was so random. It was unpredictable, you never knew which teams would coexist, and which would screw each other over. I think it would be interesting to book.

I honestly didn't think of using house shows. :o

Thank you very much. :)

I guess I'm the opposite, then. I liked it because it was so random. It was unpredictable, you never knew which teams would coexist, and which would screw each other over. I think it would be interesting to book.

No problem.

Random is a good thing when its legitimately random. When its fake random done to feel random but actually not, it just seems... silly...

No problem.

Random is a good thing when its legitimately random. When its fake random done to feel random but actually not, it just seems... silly...

Yeah, that makes sense. I can definitely see where you're coming from.

So I set up my teams to be monitored for chemistry. Quick question, though: Do they have to be on the same brand? Or does the game just magically... make it work?

Also, if I were to put a retired wrestler/road agent in a match, for like "Oh my God!" effect, would he get mad? I'm thinking of teaming Savage with Ricky Steamboat, just because I can.

So in shaking up the roster after a successful first year, my ground-up CDG promotion has fired Gianfranco Morelli and Wonder Boy and hired Stardust Phil Cox (as Stardust) and Mr Evilness. Gianfranco Morelli was going nowhere with chemistry and couldn't play a babyface, and Wonder Boy kinda sucks for a guy asking 700/show.

I had to fire my road agent (Nick Adams) and hire a random generated one instead, which was a downgrade... but I fired my old referee (Niel Pearn) and hired another regen who is a good fifteen points better.

Kev Jordan and Puffy have both taken pay cuts (Puffy now from 1.5k to 700/show) though Puffy insisted on a title run, so he's the CDG Heavyweight Champion now after a match where he hit Jack (Avatar) Miracle with a golf club while the referee was distracted by Puffy giving him a copy of the swimsuit edition of the LGPA magazine.

...What, it's a comedy promotion. In fact to placate Puffy's title needs when he first signed, I had a tournament called the Twelve Euro Challenge.

Plans are that Jack will regain the belt (Ripper LeStat might win the Twelve Euros because he's awesome) next year.

I've also had Jack Miracle take sick bumps on EVERY SHOW to boost the show ratings a bit. So far he's only been injured once, and it was a minor injury that he immediately recovered from.

Also my boss (Vladimir Smertin), besides being a jerk, has decided I cannot hire more psychopaths. Nevermind that Ripper LeStat is a psychopath...

It is now May 2012, and BOY this has gotten weird. In March, the WWE grew back to Global (they had fallen to Cult over a year ago). In April, I grew to International (but don't have a presence outside of Canada and Japan), but a mere day later, TNA grew to Global as well. TNA and WWE are in the midst of a war, signing people back and forth. I'm hoping to build-up my roster by signing some great talents from Europe and developing them in Ring of Honor (my development fed, after I saved them from Bankruptcy), and keep myself from being pillaged. The issue is, TNA is about to steal three of my main eventers, so I am hoping to declare war on TNA and prevent them from stealing my stars.

My TV contract is prohibitive though, because it is an exclusive deal with MyNetworkTV, oops.

I don't want to, but I feel the need to add a second TV show just to compete with the WWE and TNA who bought have two shows now...

Current champions

NWA World Heavyweight: Stu Bennett (Wade Barrett)

USWF World Heavyweight: CM Punk (he is about to get stolen though)

USWF North American: Sami Callihan (he is also likely to get swiped)

USWF Lightweight: Paul London (Also potentially leaving)

USWF Television: Joey Ryan

USWF Tag Titles: The Gold Standard (Kenn Doane and Shelton Benjamin)

In other words, this month is going to see a bunch of title changes. Stu Bennett is going to reclaim the World Title, AJ Styles will likely become the NA Champion, The American Wolves may win the tag titles again in an effort to keep Eddie Edwards, lastly, Low-Ki will be most likely win back the lightweight title.

Playing as WWE, started in September and am almost done with October. Its about the furthest I've ever gotten as WWE, plus I just turn off storylines because I usually get too caught up to follow them and I find it easier to play without them, especially because I hate running angles. xP

But, my game is like this:

WWE Divas Champion: Beth Phoenix.

She won the title from Kelly Kelly (who won the title when it was vacated) the night after No Mercy on RAW. Divas are just floating around, barely getting any TV time. (I don't really see them fit compared to the male roster...)

WWE Intercontinental Champion: Versus Vince

This would be my user character, the head booker and owner of the company. His skills and pop made him start out as an Upper Midcarder, and he was on Smackdown! I've been pushing the crap out of him. Beat Cody Rhodes for the title on the second Smackdown in September, and (since I usually have midcard titles defended every week) has defended the title six times following, making him undefeated.

WWE Tag Team Champions: Miz-Truth

David Otunga and Joe Hennig, going by Substanance at the time, lost the tag titles to Altitude Era (Evan Bourne & Kofi Kingston) on the first RAW show in September. Altitude Era defended against the up and coming teams, along with Substanance (who split just recently), four times, until Miz-Truth beat them in a non-title match, followed by beating them for the titles. Now, the current top contenders for the belts come from Smackdown, being the team of Shannon Moore and Nunzio, who have been taking the Smackdown tag team division by storm.

WWE Triple Crown: Chris Jericho

Chris Jericho returned in the 3rd week of September, where he decided to bring back the WCW World Heavyweight title, and claim himself the champion. Alberto Del Rio challenged him to a match for both the WCW and WWE Championships, and Jericho ended up beating Del Rio in that opening match. Later on in the night, John Cena beat the Miz in the finals of a tournament to win a shot at the WWE Championship. The same night, Cena cashed in his shot at the title and lost to Jericho. Jericho then made a surprise appearance on Smackdown, where Christian decided to copy Jericho and bring back the ECW Championship, declaring himself champion. Jericho made a bold move, putting both his titles on the line for the ECW title in a match against Christian. Chris Jericho took the win in that main event, and unified the three World Championships, making the WWE Triple Crown Championship. At No Mercy, he unveiled the new belt to look like the old WWE Championship, before the Spinner belt. Jericho has been a fighting champion ever since.

WWE United States: John Morrison

Dolph Ziggler put his title on the line against John Morrison, who beat him. The week after, Ziggler cashed in his rematch and won. The week after that, Morrison did the same. Ziggler cashed in his rematch the week after that, and won again! Ziggler managed two title defenses before losing the belt to John Morrison once again. Ziggler has slipped down the slope while Morrison has 4 solid defenses against other RAW superstars.

WWE World Heavyweight: Randy Orton

The only one who hasn't lost his Championship is Randy Orton. He's defended it 3 times, but it appears the Undertaker is back for awhile, recently attacking his brother Kane. Could the Undertaker be the one to end the reign of the Viper?

I'm on to the last RAW of October now. Please, tell me your thoughts. =D

EDIT: Shannon Moore & Nunzio beat Miz-Truth for tag titles. I love pushing my favorite jobbers. xP

Update on this, I believe its a month later now, right after Survivor Series:

WWE Divas Champion: Beth Phoenix

Only Change was her beating Kelly Kelly to retain for the second time.

WWE Intercontinental Champion: Versus Vince

He is up to 10 defenses now, still being undefeated. Here's who he's beat:

Cody Rhodes, Daniel Bryan to win title

Jack Swagger to retain

Rhyno to retain

Tyler Reks, Jack Swagger to retain

Wade Barrett to retain

Rhyno to retain

Wade Barrett to retain

Jack Swagger to retain

Jack Swagger to retain

Tyler Reks to retain

Jack Swagger to retain

WWE NXT Champion: Vacant

This title was just recently created as a floating title for the new TV show to debut this Wednesday, WWE NXT Redemption. The show is designed for some of the FCW guys to step up and prove themselves on the only current B-Show.

WWE Tag Team Champions: The Violation

This is the team of Shannon Moore & Nunzio. They are the tag team addition to the stable led by Versus Vince on Smackdown!, the Versus Violation. Other stables members are AJ Lee and Trent Barreta (who is a minor member). They beat Miz-Truth in an upset victory to become the champions, followed by defending twice (Once in a three way against Legacy & HuniCara on Smackdown, and again at Vengeance in a four way against Altitude Era (Kingston & Bourne), HuniCara (Hunico and Sin Cara) and Miz-Truth. After Vengeance, Shannon Moore was injured, set to be out for 26 days. Fortunately, Nunzio went on a winning streak as a singles competitor, proving he deserved to remain champion and the titles were not vacated, allowing Shannon Moore to return for a Survivor Series Traditional Match at Survivor Series, teaming with AJ Lee, Nunzio and Versus Vince and winning, with everyone but AJ surviving.

WWE Triple Crown: Chris Jericho

The reigning Triple Crown champion proved himself to be the top dog in the company and holds four title defenses. They are as follows:

over Alberto Del Rio, Big Show, CM Punk, John Cena, the Miz

over John Cena

over John Cena, CM Punk, Alberto Del Rio in Full Metal Mayhem

over Justin Gabriel (who was the underdog victor of a #1 contender tournament)

WWE United States: John Morrison

Morrison has kept the title steady for awhile now with 7 defenses:

over Finlay, Dustin Rhodes, Santino Marella, Justin Gabriel

over Dolph Ziggler

over Kevin Nash

over Joe Hennig

over Finlay

over R-Truth

over Alex Riley, Dolph Ziggler, Drew McIntyre

WWE World Heavyweight: the Undertaker

At WWE Vengeance, the Undertaker claimed victory in an Elimination match against Christian, Mark Henry, Kane, Randy Orton and Sheamus. Since then, he has not defended the title but has beat nearly all the top guns on the roster.

I'll probably keep doing monthly updates. Thanks for reading and comments would be much appreciated.

44 wrestlers with 80 psychology minimum in NOTBPW.

I might be able to pull off a real good Battle Royal. Granted, I'd also be killing my best workers, but...it's something to think about, I guess.

~~~

I apparently have 195 active wrestlers on my roster and ~460 in development.

Lots of pictures. In short:

Bobby Thomas and Nate Johnson are "Gurren Lagaan", my favorite tag team in the game. They've won the tag titles five times, trading with "Bloodstone Tornado" recently. That's not going to happen this time; it'll be more like their second reign of 12 defenses.

Neither has won, until now, the big title. Bobby's already in the Hall, so I wanted to get Nate in there, as well as Dark Angel if I can. Problem is, both need more title victories to get in.

Plan? Summer of Lagaan. And if either of them die I will laugh so hard. Then cry, because they are amazing workers.

I just want to say that this post has made me realize that I've criminally underrated these two guys. 100 experience and good performance skills? Why wasn't I using them more? Regardless, they're now my tag champs and delivering well for me. They're gonna drop the titles after about a three or four month reign and not regain them for quite a while because of some other stuff, but they'll certainly be more of a focus now.

I've called Johnson and Thomas the "Canadian Machines" for a reason. Although I think they're older than...Anderson and younger than Hill. Might have that backwards.

But absolutely, they are very, very good in tag action (or singles, for me). If Deeley can become like Thomas (or Johnson, ideally), I will be extremely happy for the future.

<p>I started yet another game with NOTBPW in the default database thanks to EidenHoek because reading what has been going on in his game was really what inspired me to return to the promotion that I love so much.</p><p> </p><p>

So far I am five monthes in and have held 25 shows and I am doing really well. I have managed to get Sean Deeley as well as Nate Johnson and Bobby Thomas on loan and although they are no longer with me they really helped match ratings. I am doing a best of 7 series between Dan Stone Jr and Steve DeColt for the NOTBPW Canadian Championship and so far they have had four of the seven matches all on pay per view. Once the feud ends Dan Stone Jr will most likely end up with the Canadian Championship and then most likely go on to feud with Sean McFly who is in a feud with Jeremy Stone at the moment. I am planning to have Sean win that feud to go on and have him feud with Dan Stone Jr. after that and then start another feud between Steve DeColt and Jeremy Stone (The losers of the previous two feuds.)</p><p> </p><p>

I have also managed three matches above a 90 in the span of five monthes which I have never been able to do before. Part of it is because of EidenHoek's advice so again Eiden thank you I don't think I can thank you enough.</p><p> </p><p>

I also currently have a working agreement with Canadian Golden Combat which is why I was able to get Sean Deeley, Nate Johnson and Bobby Thomas for a few shows. Once I hit National I am going to end the working agreement I have with them and if it doesn't start a war between us I am going to start one myself. In the long run I am hoping to get Jack DeColt as well as Ricky DeColt who are both on my shortlist.</p>

<p>I'm playing the 2012 WCW mod, no idea what it's called.</p><p> </p><p>

I have most settings turned off because I suck at playing global feds.</p><p> </p><p>

I have a brand split but too small of a roster so it's a good thing I have that penalty turned off... but I've got Chris Jericho feuding with Mickie James.</p><p> </p><p>

Go ahead and laugh, but out of anyone in the wrestling world today, Chris Jericho is THE GUY to pull off a storyline like that. I'm having him call her out and talk ****, and she pins him with a flash pinfall to main event Nitro. this is to build her up to be an equal and be the face of a womens' only brand... they'll also face off on PPV, naturally. Oh, and that main event on nitro? It got a 90. They have great chemistry, and I believe that's my highest rated match so far.</p><p> </p><p>

WCW World Hvywt: CM Punk (won on first Nitro vs MVP, successfully defended vs MVP at Souled Out. Scheduled to face Kurt Angle at SuperBrawl, and Mick Foley at Great American Bash [think Cena/Rock build])</p><p> </p><p>

WCW US Title: Harris Rotundo (def Masters, Hawkins, Haas, Thorn, & Striker in a 6-way on Nitro)</p><p> </p><p>

WCW Women's: Mickie James (def. Victoria, Gail Kim, and Daffney in a 4-way on Nitro, 3 defenses)</p><p> </p><p>

WCW Tag: Hardys (def. The Gate Crashers [1st champs of this era] in a ladder match on Nitro)</p><p> </p><p>

The Hardys are currently being jobbed out to drop the belts to Beer Money. James Storm is for some reason a negative influence, but I'll take that over the Betty Ford Brothers any day.</p><p> </p><p>

I've got Mike Knox feuding with Luke Gallows, and I'm prepping Knox to be the guy to take the belt from CM Punk months down the road.</p><p> </p><p>

Joey Styles, DDP, and Colt Cabana on colour.</p><p> </p><p>

Also slowly building: Austin Aries, Kings of Wrestling.</p><p> </p><p>

I'll probably be jobbing Kurt Angle out after the PPV because he's just a wreck. I had to turn drug testing off after about 2 months because my locker room rating went from 100 to 50. I have no idea why I employ sid vicious.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

I just wanted to add that Jericho vs Mickie James is tied with Undertaker/Kane vs Barrett & (Alexander) Rusev (who?) for MOTY as of week 3 of february.. lol</p><p> </p><p>

SuperBrawl 2012:</p><p>

Preshow: Chris Masters def. Sid Vicious (53)</p><p>

Mike Knox def. Luke Gallows (71)</p><p>

MVP def. Melina (74) (Melina answers an open challenge to debut)</p><p>

Beer Money def. The Hardys in a Ladder match to win the tag titles (78)</p><p>

Chris Jericho and Mickie James resulted in a time limit draw (30 minutes) (98!!!!)</p><p>

CM Punk def. Kurt Angle to retain the WCW title, also 30 minutes (89)</p><p> </p><p>

I call shenanigans... no way could Mickie James perform at that level. I think if I had put Paul Heyman on color instead of DDP I would have hit a hundred, possibly....</p>

I'm working on building up the popularity of some of my cruiserweight wrestlers (Rey, Juvi, Asai, Psicosis etc.) and I want to hold a PPV event with a tournament to crown the inaugural (well, basically; the old one's lineage isn't there) WCW World Cruiserweight Champion. An entire Pay-Per-View Event dedicated to lucha-libre action. I'm just not sure what to call this event.

I thought about "Rey de Reyes" because of the event's emphasis on lucha-libre style, but I was hoping for a couple more suggestions. I'm not married to the spanish language for the name, it was just that I could find a logo for it. I could make or request a logo, so I'm not worried about that. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I'm working on building up the popularity of some of my cruiserweight wrestlers (Rey, Juvi, Asai, Psicosis etc.) and I want to hold a PPV event with a tournament to crown the inaugural (well, basically; the old one's lineage isn't there) WCW World Cruiserweight Champion. An entire Pay-Per-View Event dedicated to lucha-libre action. I'm just not sure what to call this event.

I thought about "Rey de Reyes" because of the event's emphasis on lucha-libre style, but I was hoping for a couple more suggestions. I'm not married to the spanish language for the name, it was just that I could find a logo for it. I could make or request a logo, so I'm not worried about that. Any ideas would be appreciated.

How about:

War of the Swift

New Dawn

Free Reign

Sorry those aren't that great, maybe you will get better ones tho. Goodluck!

How about:

War of the Swift

New Dawn

Free Reign

Sorry those aren't that great, maybe you will get better ones tho. Goodluck!

Thanks for the suggestions. I actually like "New Dawn". I might use that or some variation of it. As for "War of the Swift," I have "World War 3" and plan on doing a Wargames match at Starrcade, so I'd rather not have another "War" show. Then I just don't really like "Free Reign" :p. But again, thanks!

Bigpapa42 made this awesome tournament called King of the Cruisers, I think. You could probably use that and ask someone to make a logo for you.

Hmmm... I really like that one.

I'll probably use "King of the Cruisers" for this, and use "New Dawn" for something else. Maybe a stable, tag team, or a future PPV. Thanks guys!

I like something like High Impact for a cruiser-themed PPV. Kinda invokes their aerial style.

Anyway, in my game Madman Boone just opened up a small female wrestling promotion in Canada. With my plans for a new women's division in my global Canadian fed, I thought they'd be a great developmental fed. Madman Boone, living up to this name, thought otherwise. AAA was totally on board with me, though. Good luck, Madman, running a women's fed when me and AAA have every talented lady in the world. You had your chance.

In other news, after 20 months and at least 22 title defenses, TCW has finally taken the title off Rocky Golden. That's a shame, too, because I really loved how he'd totally (relatively) tank the ratings of half their shows. With Cornell as the new champ, I'm not looking forward to all the Cornell/Vessey and Syndicate/anyone main event spamming. And Vessey's contract, which hasn't come up in the first 16 months, won't be coming up for over another year.

Archived