What's going on in your game?

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I cut out the women's brand but it's still integrated. I really want a B-show but I could only get an A-show for some reason (economy). Next time around, maybe.

Were you negotiating with a network that already carries an A-show of yours? Networks won't give you a B-show unless they already carry one of your A-shows. That's something I didn't know for a really long time.

How do you decide who to give a title run to? Do you have certain guys in mind at all times? Or do you wait to see whose popularity explodes?

I ask because I have a couple of workers who got over so much that I almost feel obligated to give them a World title run:

Bam Bam Bigelow: Started with 70 popularity in the US; currently sits at 93.

Kevin Sullivan: Started with 67-68 popularity in the US; currently sits at 93.

I plan to give The Giant (100 US; 70 Canada; 65 Mexico; 74 Japan) a lengthy title run before he gets upset by Eddy Guerrero (90/65/65/65). But I guess I could postpone that and give the title to Bam Bam for a few months.

How do you decide who to give a title run to? Do you have certain guys in mind at all times? Or do you wait to see whose popularity explodes?

I ask because I have a couple of workers who got over so much that I almost feel obligated to give them a World title run:

Bam Bam Bigelow: Started with 70 popularity in the US; currently sits at 93.

Kevin Sullivan: Started with 67-68 popularity in the US; currently sits at 93.

I plan to give The Giant (100 US; 70 Canada; 65 Mexico; 74 Japan) a lengthy title run before he gets upset by Eddy Guerrero (90/65/65/65). But I guess I could postpone that and give the title to Bam Bam for a few months.

BAM BAM FTW

Sullivan as champ could be really interesting... Guy was under-appreciated IMO

BAM BAM FTW

Sullivan as champ could be really interesting... Guy was under-appreciated IMO

I agree, I'm a big fan of both. Sullivan's character, especially as "The Taskmaster" in the mid-90s, was incredibly entertaining.

However, I'm trying to move past the stigma of a retirement home that WCW had (currently held by TNA) so I'd rather not give a 46-year-old Sullivan the World Title.

And yes, I know Savage is my champion. :p

Anyway, Bam Bam is only 34, but his hard drug use scares me a little. Then again, I got Raven, Eddy, and Pillman clean, I could probably do the same to Bam Bam.

I agree, I'm a big fan of both. Sullivan's character, especially as "The Taskmaster" in the mid-90s, was incredibly entertaining.

However, I'm trying to move past the stigma of a retirement home that WCW had (currently held by TNA) so I'd rather not give a 46-year-old Sullivan the World Title.

And yes, I know Savage is my champion. :p

Anyway, Bam Bam is only 34, but his hard drug use scares me a little. Then again, I got Raven, Eddy, and Pillman clean, I could probably do the same to Bam Bam.

The thing is, if they can draw, they can draw. You've got em now, might as well use them. I never got the logic behind internet fans crapping on promotions pushing their established stars. I know they often rely way too heavily on them, and that's the problem... With TNA, they think their 'old' stars are a draw, when they've become a joke more than anything, so that's a problem. But with WWE... If a Triple H, HBK, or Hulk Hogan was still a big draw, why on earth would you NOT put the belt on them while they can still go.

So I guess to apply this logic to you... Sullivan probably has a full gas tank but the gas station's dry. Get a good run out of him because you'll still have 20 years of Guerrero ahead of ya :p Whereas this would be Sullivan's swan song before retirement.

The thing is, if they can draw, they can draw. You've got em now, might as well use them. I never got the logic behind internet fans crapping on promotions pushing their established stars. I know they often rely way too heavily on them, and that's the problem... With TNA, they think their 'old' stars are a draw, when they've become a joke more than anything, so that's a problem. But with WWE... If a Triple H, HBK, or Hulk Hogan was still a big draw, why on earth would you NOT put the belt on them while they can still go.

So I guess to apply this logic to you... Sullivan probably has a full gas tank but the gas station's dry. Get a good run out of him because you'll still have 20 years of Guerrero ahead of ya :p Whereas this would be Sullivan's swan song before retirement.

Yeah, that definitely makes a lot of sense. Except that Sullivan's Selling is at 50, so he's getting penalized for it in every match he's in.

I'm focusing more and more on performance skills. Yes, the promotion is "rated much more on popularity" but I want guys that can go in the ring. Pillman, Benoit, and Guerrero are all over 90 US Popularity, and Malenko's at 81 and on his way up. I have some exceptions, of course, such as The Giant, who is still very young (25) but is improving all the time. Sullivan, however, is killed by the "lack of selling" note. Giant is, too, but in my head, it doesn't really matter since dominant big men (Andre, etc.) don't need to sell.

Plus, with the nWo coming in soon, I'm getting more and more talented wrestlers. Hall and Nash are signed, I came to terms with Owen Hart last night, and my sources have confirmed that Austin's contract is coming up soon, as is Hunter's. Not to mention the imminent demise of the USWA, meaning Jarrett and Lawler heading to Atlanta.

Bigelow will win the TV Title in a couple of months. I just don't see the benefits of giving Sullivan any kind of title reign, especially when he just flat-out isn't capable of giving me a 95+ Main Event match.

Yeah, that definitely makes a lot of sense. Except that Sullivan's Selling is at 50, so he's getting penalized for it in every match he's in.

I'm focusing more and more on performance skills. Yes, the promotion is "rated much more on popularity" but I want guys that can go in the ring. Pillman, Benoit, and Guerrero are all over 90 US Popularity, and Malenko's at 81 and on his way up. I have some exceptions, of course, such as The Giant, who is still very young (25) but is improving all the time. Sullivan, however, is killed by the "lack of selling" note. Giant is, too, but in my head, it doesn't really matter since dominant big men (Andre, etc.) don't need to sell.

Plus, with the nWo coming in soon, I'm getting more and more talented wrestlers. Hall and Nash are signed, I came to terms with Owen Hart last night, and my sources have confirmed that Austin's contract is coming up soon, as is Hunter's. Not to mention the imminent demise of the USWA, meaning Jarrett and Lawler heading to Atlanta.

Bigelow will win the TV Title in a couple of months. I just don't see the benefits of giving Sullivan any kind of title reign, especially when he just flat-out isn't capable of giving me a 95+ Main Event match.

I guess he might not be a good choice then, there's a hole in the gas tank.. lol

I tend to think of things popularity-wise, so yeah, in your case, probably not a good idea to put the belt on him.

I guess he might not be a good choice then, there's a hole in the gas tank.. lol

I tend to think of things popularity-wise, so yeah, in your case, probably not a good idea to put the belt on him.

Yeah, I try to look at both popularity and performance equally, regardless of the product. The higher the performance ratings, the better the match, and the more comfortable I feel pushing somebody.

My plan for the main event is for it to eventually be Benoit, Pillman, Malenko, Guerrero, Regal, Jericho, and Raven. Add Giant, Owen Hart, and whoever else I sign and... Well, I may need a brand split lol.

Thanks for the input. :)

Yeah, I try to look at both popularity and performance equally, regardless of the product. The higher the performance ratings, the better the match, and the more comfortable I feel pushing somebody.

My plan for the main event is for it to eventually be Benoit, Pillman, Malenko, Guerrero, Regal, Jericho, and Raven. Add Giant, Owen Hart, and whoever else I sign and... Well, I may need a brand split lol.

Thanks for the input. :)

I'd watch it!

The mod I'm playing is rather tricky because my roster is basically that of "WWE Superstars" (though curiously Yoshi Tatsu is not present.)

When Tyler Reks auto pushes to Upper Midcard in a global company, you've got your work cut out for you.

I'm trying to build up Mike Knox but it's hard to say if he's ready for main eventing PPVs performance-wise since my way of assessing wrestlers is by memory and opinion of how they are in real life rather than by the modder's stats.... lol

Big kick in the teeth in my long term AWA game. Not sure if it was economy/wrestling both crashing at the same time or what, but suddenly my improvement after every show was cut in 1/2. I should have hit national months ago. Only good thing is that I should make the jump straight to international.

Some stories-

I had to cycle Jack DeColt and Greg Gauge's pop down so I could re-sign them, but had previously managed to sign Mathew Keith. So almost 10 years after he was the 1st person to hold my world title he won it for a 2nd time. He recently dropped it back to DeColt as they are now the only people besides my user character to hold the World belt more than once.

Amazing Fire Fly, not wanting to push him and needing a tag partner I looked around and noticed I had another small worker in need of something to do- Zero aka Flemmy Lemming. Using the fire Fly alt- Fire Fly 2 was born and they began what was a long running feud with American Elemental I & II. However the combination of Lemming's bad attitude and the desire to push Fire Fly to the main event meant that when Lemmings contract came up I held my first ever mask vs. mask match. Fire Fly is now being pushed to the moon with the hope that he can counteract the lack of selling from my top two guys- DeColt & Keith to create some great matches.

WWF 1987

Building up Bob Orton Jr. vs Hulk Hogan eventually.

Survivor Series is going to be TEAM ORTON (3 teams) vs TEAM HOGAN (3 teams)

TEAM ORTON

Bob Orton (MAIN EVENT TEAM CAPTAIN)

Greg Valentine

Magnificent Muraco

Dino Bravo

Ted DiBiase (MIDCARD TEAM CAPTAIN)

Harley Race

Andre the Giant

Honky Tonk Man

Paul Orndorff (OPENER TEAM CAPTAIN)

Butch Reed

King Kong Bundy

Brooklyn Brawler

TEAM HOGAN

Hulk Hogan (MAIN EVENT TEAM CAPTAIN)

Brutus Beefcake

Hillbilly Jim

Jim Duggan

SD Jones (MIDCARD TEAM CAPTAIN)

Junkyard Dog

Jim Brunzell

Jake Roberts

Tito Santana (OPENER TEAM CAPTAIN)

Koko B. Ware

Sting

The Ultimate Warrior

I will have other Survivor Series matches between them. Hart Foundation & Demolition vs British Bulldogs & The Rougeous as of now. This could change though. Could make it a 3-way tag title elimination match.

I am still experimenting with things, but I thought I'd share...

Ray Traylor (Big Bubba/Bossman) opted to accept a WWF contract. I wasn't too happy, so I had a bunch of hype angles against him, and then had Sting (newly signed) dominate him in a match. Turns out that he got a dislocated jaw in the process...too bad!

Just put on a really cheap PPV...

Beer Money vs The Hooliganz in the preshow in a ladder match, Hooliganz win the tag titles (haha, pre-show ladder match?) (70)

MVP def. Kurt Angle (79)

CM Punk def. US Champ Austin Aries to retain the WCW title (82) (short match, for some reason Aries has **** psychology)

Mickie James def. Chris Jericho in a 90-minute Iron Person match (96)

Show rating: 92

Can you believe it?

In my NOTBPW game I was doing a best of 7 series between Steve DeColt and Dan Stone Jr. Steve got injured and was out for 2 monthes and 1 week when the injury started. Now he is ten days away from making his return and at that point I am going to finish their series. They have two matches left in the series in the sixth match Dan Stone Jr is going to defeat Steve DeColt after Steve gets dqed at October Obliteration. The storyline is going to finish at Nirvana in November when Dan Stone Jr will go over Steve DeColt clean for the first and only time in the feud. After Steve loses the belt and Dan wins it I am planning on moving them both to seperate feuds. I can't wait till the feud ends and I would book the rest of it now except it is late so it probably won't end till Wednesday (Real time) and then I will see what happens after that.

I might have Jeremy do a run in during the final match and have him cost Steve the title which would lead to Steve going into a feud with Jeremy. As for Dan I am looking at either Sean McFly or Johnny as possibilities for who he will feud with for his first feud as champion.

North Of The Border Pro Wrestling

January 2011

With 8,263,096

60 shows completed

Champions

NOTBPW Canadian: Dan Stone Jr.

Prestige: 96

2 Defenses made so far

defeated Steve DeColt

NOTBPW Tag Team: The Stones (Jeremy and Dan Stone Jr.)

Prestige: 65

6 defenses made so far

defeated Omar Brown and Harlem Haynes

NOTBPW Unlimited Action: Nate Johnson

Prestige: 41

3 defenses made so far

defeated Lord James King in September 2010 after the belt had been reactivated

NOTBPW Women’s: Melody

Prestige: 40

4 defenses made so far

defeated Sally Anne Christianson

Feuds