What's going on in your game?

PGHW May 1998 (using the 1997 C-Verse mod)

I started this game in January 1997, have completed 3 tours and am coming to the end of my 4th tour which will culminate at the end of May at Night of Pride (my biggest show of the year).

The current Glory Crown champion is Mito Miwa who defeated his mentor, friend and long time rival Hito Ichihara at Night of Pride in May 1997. Hito and Mito had been battling for the strap ever since the formation of PGHW in 1996, but Miwa came up short each time. After winning the PGHW Elite Series in April 1997, Miwa earned himself another shot at the title. In an exciting back and forth match, Miwa finally pinned Ichihara and became the second youngest World Heavyweight Champion in Japanese history (the youngest being Kikkawa over at BHOTWG). Since his victory, Miwa has successfully defended his title against the cream of the PGHW roster, including, Hito Ichihara, Danger Kumasaka, Takayuki Avatar, Koryusai Kitoaji, Yodo Nakane (whom he retired) and his best friend, ally and rival Yoshimi Mushashibo. Miwa is set to face Dan Stone Jr for the title at Night of Pride and is facing one of the toughest tests of his career thus far. Since his arrival in PGHW, Dan Stone Jr has set the promotion alight with his breath taking matches and has steadily worked his way into the main event. Having only suffered one singles loss during his year at the promotion, momentum is firmly on the side of Stone, who is also the reigning Elite Series Tournament champion.

The current Glory Tag Team Champions are Team Toronto (Alexander Robinson & Lee Bennett) who defeated Eisaku Hoshino & Eisaku Kunomasu for the titles at Night of Wrestling in December 1997. Team Toronto are the premier gaijin tag team in PGHW, having steadily worked their way up the rankings since the promotion opened in 1996. After having come up short in previous title matches, Robinson & Bennett finally defeated their arch rivals in a fantastic, explosive 15 minute match. This loss prompted Hoshino & Kunomasu to take a break from the tag team scene and try their hand at singles wrestling. However, a string of losses suffered by both men made them realise that they are not quite ready for top level singles wrestling just yet (although they both have absolutely incredible potential) and they decided to reform and have another run at the tag titles. In May 1997 they won a four team title eliminator and are set to face Team Toronto in a highly anticipated rematch at Night of Pride.

The reigning PGHW Historical Japan Champion is the young and gifted Shuji Inuaki, a PGHW loyalist who has been with the promotion since day one. This is Inuaki's second reign with the belt, the first having come after a win over arch rival Nobuatsu Tatsuko at Night of Pride in May 1997. Inuaki only made one successful defense of the title before losing it to a red hot Dan Stone Jr. In November 1997, at Night of Courage, Shuji shocked the world when he pinned the previously undefeated Stone Jr to win back the Historical Japan title, in what remains the Canadians only singles loss in PGHW to date. Since becoming champion again, Inuaki has defended the title against the likes of Junnosuke Fukazawa, Strong Style Yeomon and good friend and occasional tag partner, Soatsu Sarumara. He is set to defend his title against the veteran Dragon Agakwa at Night of Pride, two opponents who have never competed against one another in singles competition before.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well i'm about to start a game on the 1987 Golden age db.

I would like to try and keep it as close to reality as possible with my own spin on it. Usually i end up having storylines from the 90's/2000's. What is the best way to stay true to the time without trying to speed things up.

Things like title reigns were long back in the day but with so many people deserving of a shot at being the man I tend to only gave the reigns as a couple of ppvs

Also i need to have Hogan be dominant if im going to have it be realist but i dont like him now a days and end up give him a couple of short reigns and stick him in a random feud.

Or perhaps I should try and help Awa/wccw stay in buisness.

Running a Road to Glory despite being very new to the game & not knowing the small nuances of the game. Got my created MSW up to small. In year 4 now. Main event scene of Brady Prince©, Marc Speed, Brandon Smith, & now the just debuted Rob Reynolds(initial C+ momentum). Savage & Cannonball as tag champs. Then myself, Golden, & Elijah Harris(owner) rounding out the upper mid card. Seem to have hit a bit of a wall. After running several D- shows, can't seem to get past E right now. And of course the dreaded momentum that I'm sure you guys are sick to death of trying to explain to us. Reynolds with his C+, and Prince with a D-(champ, & hasn't lost in over a year), everyone else in the E's. ANYBODY got ANY tips or advice on this? Oh yeah, product is key-modern, medium-traditional, mainstream, & daredevil, and low-hardcore & lucha. Please & hopefully thanks in advance.

Started the 1987 save and continuing the storylines that were pre set.

Got rid of the dead wood, jobbers who cant sell, majority of old people, a lot of the workers without good in ring skills or good pop.

A whole chunk of dead wood and wastes of space gone.

Bringing in young talent to fill the jobber roles such as jushin thunder liger, owen hart, dean malenko,Sting

Also brought in leon white to debut as Vader to begin a Goldberg streak thats going to last a year including a feud with Hulk Hogan resulting in a WM4 match.

Trying to bring in the Road Warriors, Flair, mitsuwa (spelling), Chono.

A fair few others.

Once WM3 is over ill be setting up a 2 hour weekly show and trying not to call it RAW.

Well had to get a new computer and forgot to put my COTT on my flask drivew so im starting a new game with TNA using May 2012 Future legend data.

Going to bring back King of the Mountain at Slammiversary and going to have Queen of the Mountain match there also. Bringing in some KO's for tag team title tournament.

Also brought in leon white to debut as Vader to begin a Goldberg streak thats going to last a year including a feud with Hulk Hogan resulting in a WM4 match.

Interesting... same story I have going on but I'm thinking of keeping Vader away from Hogan longer. At Survivor Series of '87 I have him to main event status with the undefeated run. Won the tag titles w/ Bam Bam Bigelow and just recently lost them (Bigelow got pinned). Yeah, I'm using the "Crimson rule" that if you don't get pinned, you don't lose. :)

I've had Piper chase Savage/Hogan for the title most the Summer. I'm thinking of putting Piper & Hogan the main event for IV with Hogan retaining, Piper beatdown, Savage save. Double turn FTW! :)

Interesting... same story I have going on but I'm thinking of keeping Vader away from Hogan longer. At Survivor Series of '87 I have him to main event status with the undefeated run. Won the tag titles w/ Bam Bam Bigelow and just recently lost them (Bigelow got pinned). Yeah, I'm using the "Crimson rule" that if you don't get pinned, you don't lose. :)

I've had Piper chase Savage/Hogan for the title most the Summer. I'm thinking of putting Piper & Hogan the main event for IV with Hogan retaining, Piper beatdown, Savage save. Double turn FTW! :)

Which way are they turning?? Piper to face Savage to heel?? Very cool sounding game.

Winter, your Vader plans sound pretty epic too. Im trying to do the same with Sid Vicious (but known as Venom and under a mask).

Which way are they turning?? Piper to face Savage to heel?? Very cool sounding game.

I'm going to have Piper & Hogan against each other face vs face kind of like Warrior/Hogan but instead of a warm embrace, Piper gets pissed and attacks Hogan. This is where Savage will turn face by saving Hogan and creating the Mega Powers while still giving me a top heel in Piper. :)

Despite still getting a fantastic main event push, and not firing his friends, Hulk Hogan's being a divaand requesting his release on a regular basis. I'm running an angle where Hogan's being a diva on television, and Jim Duggan, Randy Savage, and now Ricky Steamboat are calling him out on his attitude. Hogan's attitude has gotten so bad that Vince McMahon, Jack Tunney, and my avatar(Shigeru Miyamoto) have stepped in and said that they don't like his attitude and gave him an ultimatum: Win the Royal Rumble.

In another game i'm playing, I'm running a Road to Glory using the 9000-verse. Struggling a little bit so far, but the Six Shooter girls have been a godsend in angles, boosting show scores quite a bit with their presence. At least I'm not losing money yet :D

I'm running a 2012 WWE game, which I started in July as if I were booking from after No Way Out. I'm currently working on bringing Smackdown out of the depths it's fallen to and making it a legitimate show again. The roster is so thin, though, so it's slow-going. Right now, RAW boosts my popularity and Smackdown lowers it (but just barely) every week, so it sort of cancels out my plans for growth.

I'm going to have Piper & Hogan against each other face vs face kind of like Warrior/Hogan but instead of a warm embrace, Piper gets pissed and attacks Hogan. This is where Savage will turn face by saving Hogan and creating the Mega Powers while still giving me a top heel in Piper. :)

Way awesome dude. I did something similar in that I had Piper & Macho Man face off face vs face in the Semi Finals of my WWF Title Tournament for the vacant belt at Wrestlemania IV, but then had Piper turn in the match and revealing he was working for the Million Dollar Man to try to knock Savage out of the tournament. Savage still got the flash pin win tho, and then went on to win the title in the finals of the tournament. Now Hogan & Piper are renewing their old rivalry heading into Summerslam 88. Thats what makes this game so much fun is the infinite number of ways people can do things.

Mini update on my Ladies of Extreme Wrestling promotion:

Emma Bitch is still LEW champion, thanks to being part of "Madman Inc" (Madman Boone as the commisioner of LEW, and former LEW Deathmatch Champion Militia Sister as the "On-Air Spokesperson" (third commentator) for the new regime).

September 2019 marks the first official rebranding of a show, as Seasons In The Abyss (what, I like Slayer) becomes Roll Of The Dice, a lethal lottery tag tournament event.

The random drawing produced interesting results, as former LEW Southern Tag champs Roxy Kitten and Roz Larren, The Riot Girls, had the luck of teaming together, but lost to Maria Guest and May Walton, the latter claimed she would retire if she didn't win the tournament. Sworn enemies Thea Davis and Principessa drew together, and despite winning their first match, Principessa would be left to dry by Davis in the semi-finals, despite the fact that Davis would have won every active championship in LEW if they kept going.

In the end, Juliette King (currently one half of the LEW Southern Tag champions) and Power Girl would do battle against Deborah Young and Calamity Joan. Girl and Joan are good friends and tag partners, but King and Young have hated each other since Deborah Young was kicked out of the Royal Court stable and beaten senseless by Juiliette, who was at one time her tag team partner. Deborah Young looked to beat King down with the same bloody chair that King used on her nearly three years ago, but King used Calamity Joan as a human shield, and when Deborah hesitated, she threw Joan at King, took the chair, and decked her with it before hitting her free-fall suplex finisher to win the tournament.

That wasn't the only event of the day though as Juliette King's partner Laura Flame looked to win the LEW title from Emma Bitch. There was some intrigue as Madman Boone talked to Juliette King backstage (though he went into a locked room with her before we could find out what), and Juliette King wanted to discuss something with Flame about their match, though they didn't get into specifics, King told Flame, "Look, this is a business decision. Just trust me, alright?"

Flame and Bitch (who surprisingly came to the ring alone) have a very competitive match with lots of close calls. Flame gets nearfall with the Flame Fire Kick, but as she looks to deliver what appears to be a piledriver, Juliette King coes down. Flame watches her tag partner... and from behind Madman Boone enters from the side entrance of the building with the "Board of Directors" (a 2x4) and clubs Flame with it, allowing Bitch to roll into a jacknife cradle pin. King does nothing about this and walks backstage as Bitch retains.

October's Scream Queens event promises to bean intriguing one due to the fallout of the tag tournament...

Also, should note, that while Juliette King has now won all the active titles in LEW (the two annual event matches the other being the X-Treme X-Mas battle royal, the Southern Tag, and the LEW Championship), the annual events count as the same "tier" so she's not a Grand Slam champion.

That distinction will come into play later...

Some notes from my RTG game:

I've had Davis Wayne Newton, William Hayes, Hugh De Aske KC Glenn & Ernest Young Man as singles and tag team champions.

Roger Cage is a former SWF North American Champion, and is the current PSW Champion. He also works for USPW and CGC.

Sammy the Shark is the best indie talent there is, bar none. After a stint in SWF developmental and then a couple of weeks on Supreme television, he got released. Currently working for me, FCW and CZCW, and this kid is a gold mine.

Ash Campbell is a decent cruiserweight working for USPW, PSW and NYCW.

RIPW has turned Richie Riggins, Xavier Reckless, Ekuma, Giant Brody, Jerry Martin, Lassana Makutski, Masked Patriot, Nelson Callum, Phillipe Grenier, into an excellent corps of would-be midcarders, but actual jobbers for Supreme. They get released every so often to make way for a new RIPW hopeful, and it's frankly quite distressing to see how much great talent is available on the independent circuit that is just being outright ignored. Also, RIPW keeps raiding my roster for its developmental contracts, as do companies in Japan.

USPW's roster is in shambles. They've got most of their big names but have lost Liberty, the Towers of Power, Darryl Devine, Des Davids and a few others while still having the Hillbillys and Giant Redwood. If only I could just leapfrog to them...

Company title lineage so far...

AWA World Championship

Hugh De Aske (1)

William Hayes (1)

Hugh De Ake (2)

KC Glenn (1)

Ernest Youngman (current)

AWA Tag Team CHampionships

Team Canada - Davis Wayne Newton & Cal Sanders (1)

The Paratroopers - Paradigm & Paranoia (1)

The Destroyers - Paradox & Eric Sandretti (current)

I just started a new game as SWF and on the first Supreme TV I had my main event, a number one contender match between Jack Bruce and Rich Money with Eric Eisen as guest referee. The match ended with a double count-out after a screwy referee finish (fast count), after match Bruce and Money beats down Eisen, but the beatdown ended in a catastrophy as Eisen suffered a floating knee cap and will be sidelined for three months, this ruined the storyline between these three for the SWF World title.

This has led me to book a eight man tournament for the vacant World title.

More LEW news:

-At the October event Scream Queens, Thea Davis would explain why she threw away the chance to win the Roll of the Dice tournament. She claimed that it would have been another accolade for the Queen of Wrestling, it would have also meant that Principessa would have been the first-ever Grand Slam champion, and if Thea Davis can't become a Grand Slam winner, nobody should be able to.

She also says that a couple weeks ago, she got a phone call from LEW Commissioner, Madman Boone. Boone and the LEW Champion Emma Bitch are very busy people, doing PR work for the company, and thus can't do scouting for Emma's upcoming matches. But Thea Davis has been in LEW for a long time, knows all about practically everyone in the company, their strengths and weaknesses. Boone wanted Davis to be an advisor for Madman Inc. Davis agreed, under one condition.

She then pulled out her old Thea Davis Is The Queen of Wrestling title, which hasn't been seen since Deborah Young took it from her at Anniversary of Violence VII. In return for her services as an advisor, the TDITQOW title would become an official sanctioned LEW title, on the same level as the old Deathmatch title, and retroactively made Thea Davis' first run with it an official LEW reign. This means that Thea Davis is now retroactively a Grand Slam champion. She also said since Young refused the title, her holding the title doesn't count, so Davis the ONLY Grand Slam champion in LEW history.

Cue the Angel of Justice herself, Deborah Young, who is strangely alright with this, explaining that everyone knows that Davis never really earned a single accolade, she always cheated and screwed people over to get titles, so it's no shock that Davis would buy her way to an LEW first. Deborah Young said she was going to beat Thea Davis down tonight though, and be the first person who EARNED a Grand Slam.

The Angel of Justice dominates early on but the crafty Queen of Wrestling made some critical comebacks. However Young evaded a flying elbow and looked to hit her sitout powerbomb... when Madman Inc rushes the ring and beats down Young, putting her on a table and holding her down for a Flying Elbow drop from Thea Davis to retain the belt.

Later on LEW Southern Tag champs The Headswomen, Juliette King and Laura Flame, are backstage prepping for their upcoming title defense. King notes that Flame hasn't said a word to her since Roll of the Dice, and apologizes for the "business decision" she made. Flame just puts on her entrance gear (an executioner's mask and her usual sleeveless trenchcoat) and gets up to leave the room. King tries to stop her, reminding Flame that she agreed to trust her. She asks her if she still trusts King, Flame doesn't answer and heads out.

Also backstage, we saw Emma Bitch, Madman Boone, and Thea Davis celebrating Davis' "miraculous and hard-fought" victory. Emma then says she has to prepare for tonight, that she's got her hardest test yet, but she can't keep a straight face. Davis smirks and sarcastically agrees, noting that her opponent is Power Girl. They all burst into laughter, Emma then saying she's not even going to bother to stretch out, and thanking Boone for the "Night off".

The Headswomen defend against Principessa and Christy Higgins, both of them multi-time tag champions in their own right. The champs seem to be off the same page for a while, they didn't even enter together, but eventually as the going gets tough they set aside their issues and eventually win with their "Off With Her Head" (Gutbuster + Flying Leg Drop to the back of the head).

The main event with Emma Bitch and Power Girl showed the champ dripping with confidence. Not only was she all alone, she didn't take off her ring jacket or title belt as she dominated early on. She went for the Payback but Power Girl countered into her signature stunner! Surprise two count! Power Girl makes a big comeback, but eventually Bitch manages to take her jacket off and throw it over Power Girl, then hammering LEW's resident superheroine repeatedly with the LEW belt. She then hits Power Girl with two tombstone piledrivers in a row, and a Payback just for the hell of it, to win the match.

I'm closing down my WCW game from Hive's 94 database so I decided to post a final update.

I got to June 1996 (end of June).

-Jim Cornette joined WCW in 1994 and became the manager of Vader. As part of his face turn in 1995, Vader powerbombed Cornette to put him out of action. Cornette returned at the end of 1995 to partner with Sonny Onoo and create Cornette International. As part of this stable, Toshiaki Kawada signed with WCW along with Jun Akiyama and Jinsei Shinzaki. Johnny Ace turned heel to join the group as well. They worked to take out Vader with Kawada defeating him in two straight matches.

-Flair teased a face turn but ultimately stayed heel, reforming the four Horsemen with Barry Windham, Arn Anderson and Curt Hennig at Slamboree 1995. They will slowly turn face to feud with the nWo.

-Hall and Nash have invaded WCW. My plan was to have Shawn Michaels be the 3rd man with Hogan eventually turning heel to join the nWo as The Godfather type (movie, not ho ho ho train) by betraying Randy Savage. This would let me use Hogan as a heel mouthpiece but not need him to be the focal point of the show or do much wrestling.

-I've been keeping Dusty Rhodes relevant and over in the game world. He's been a color commentator for me and has wrestled 2-3 times a year. He won the Slamboree 96 Legends Battle Royal. My intention was to keep him relevant on tv and then setup a feud between he and Hogan where Dusty would confront Hogan in Florida and say they may have been Hulkamaniacs in New England, but in Florida they cheered for The American Dream. This would set up the mega match between the two with Rhodes going over. He'd eventually lose a title shot to HBK and officially be retired.

-Ric Flair won WOTY in 94 and 95.

-Sting is on pace to win WOTY in 96, having not had a match below A and three 99 matches.

-The WWF sucks and barely defends either main event title. Their world title is held by Tatanka and their IC title was held by Diesel until I stole him. The Undertaker is a joke. Rarely wins and is over like a midcarder. He did not wrestle at Wrestlemania in 1996.

-My Bash at the Beach 1996 card was set to be:

Hostile Takeover: Scott Hall, Kevin Nash & ????(Shawn Michaels) vs Sting, Randy Savage & Ricky Steamboat

WCW World Heayvweight Title Match

Toshiaki Kawada © vs The Patriot (Kawada wins)

WCW US title Match

Curt Hennig © vs Lex Luger (final match of a 3 match series)

WCW Tag Title Four Way Elimination Match

Jun Akiyama & Johnny Ace © vs The Thrillseekers vs Benoit & Malenko vs Arn Anderson & Barry Windham (Arn and Windham set to win)

WCW TV Title

Bam Bam Bigelow © vs Sabu (cruiserweight champ) (Bigelow retains)

Jake Roberts vs Kevin Sullivan (Roberts was part of Sullivan's stable before being turned on. He's returned as his WWF preacher gimmick)

Rey Mysterio Jr vs Psicosis (both men just debuted)

-My WCW is the most popular promotion in America, but is not the most important in the world yet as the WWF still has a few points on me in Japan and the UK.

Just made it to Small in the summer of 2012 in my RTG game. Celebrated by signing Buzz Reid, The Masked Patriot and Freddie Datsun. I've got a couple of ideas for storylines moving forward concerning Datsun, Patriot and my avatar...

I'm kinda thinking about slowly dropping a good chunk of my roster, the lower-ranked guys who've been there since the start and are still pretty weak. On one hand, they're originals. On the other hand, they're not doing the ratings any favors, which really doesn't matter as much considering I'm trying to find a bigger ship to jump to. :(

This could go in the "Strange Events" thread, but I figure I'll share it here since it's going on in my game.

I hired a jobber for a short term, max 5 appearances contract named Vinnie Valentino(1987 Golden Age Mod), and after every job he complains about his push. On his last appearance I have him teaming up with the Young Stallions to take on Ted DiBiase, Hercules, and Harley Race, and bury him out the door(but keeping the Stallions strong), and he gets destroyed. I just imagine it as the three heels trading off on Valentino, with the Young Stallions not getting in the ring at all.

After the match the three heels continue to beat down Valentino after letting the Stallions go. A stretcher comes out for Valentino, and the heels attack him some more. They bring the stretcher to the podium and threaten to throw him off the podium, when Hogan, Savage, and Duggan run in to make the save. I have in the narrative(hooray for customizable angles!) that in the melee someone bumped the stretcher, so the stretcher went off the podium anyway. Oops. :D

Maybe I should make a narrative about a potential lawsuit or something.

Segment was rated a 96, by the way.

Ran SNME a few days later:

http://i.imgur.com/12e2q.jpg

My first ever 100 match, and first in this particular game anywhere in the world in this particular game!

Just completed one of our promotion's flagship events, Regenerations, as a commemoration of our anniversary of taking off the ground. We have seen a few stars come, go or stay since our birth over the last year, and some certain superstars who started out at the bottom a year ago are headlining today(Davey Richards) Here's how it all went down:

We kicked off the night with a pre-show battle royal featuring the stars who just didn't cut it on the official pay per view but deserved a chance to be part of the event. Teddy Hart would go on to win the battle royal, and it seems as if he's been on a winning streak since taking the Jr.Weight gold from Alex Shelley.

Then, a video-package angle highlighting the event, our promotion growing from a year ago and the feuds/stars featured in tonight's event.

..we are welcome LIVE to the Staple's Center in California!

**The opening match was Wade Barrett vs. Joe Doering: Doering had returned from a month-long hiatus and saved one of the company's midcarders from an attack by Barrett, setting up a very briefly-built up feud, which explains the curtain opening of it from these two main eventing former world champs.

Winner: Wade Barrett B+

**next up is our four-team elimination match for the UWR tag championships: Brent Albright/Jon Moxley© vs. The Briscoes vs. Li-Ki(Low Ki & Li-Fang) vs. RVD & Mike Hutter(Derrick Bateman): The story behind RVD and Bateman is a simple 'mentor' relationship in which RVD decided to take Hutter under his wing.

Winner and new tag champs: RVD & Hutter B+ (probably due to chemistry of the teams, they're all pretty good right now)

**Up next is one of our featured feuds for the event, Colt Cabana vs. Daniel Bryan. These men have been a thorn in each others' sides over the last month and they finally collided in an Ultimate Submission match. Beautifully executed, but it turns out the hero couldn't get the job done this time, Colt Cabana won 3-tap outs to none(as the results said) gosh, I feel sorry for Daniel in this one!

Winner: Colt Cabana B+

**Reigning Vixen's Champion Athena successfully defended her championship against Melissa Flash(Cheerleader Melissa) B-

**Seth Rollins defeated Charles Elliot Esquire the 3rd(Johnny Riggs) and by this time, the night doesn't seem to be bright for the babyfaces of UWR. B+

**Once friends, Amazing Red and Carlito had a friendly rivalry over their respective championships before their titles, the International and U.S. titles, were unified. Carlito managed to win the International title and thus retire the U.S. title. The feud went deeper down the pit of despair and Amazing Red's jealousy got the best of him and he turned on his ally. Then the match for the International Championship at Regenerations was set with one stipulation: inside a steel cage.

Winner and new international champ: Amazing Red B+

**Speaking of broken friendships, once a rivals, then a good tag team, Kenzo was tired of faking being a phony audience suck up and went back to his heelish ways, turning on AJ Styles and nearly ending his career in the midst of a brutal attack that would put Styles out for 2 months. Styles came back with revenge on his mind and the two would have a head-to-head at the event in a last man standing match.

Winner: AJ Styles B

And so we have the main event of the evening: Davey Richards vs. Joshua Caleb© for the Universe Championship.

Josh had become possessed with the gold and Davey Richards was supposed to get a one-on-one match for the title at the last ppv, but a change in the company in which we saw the brand-split end and titles unified forced Davey Richards to have to compete in a match as 'the underdog' in a fatal-fourway against Josh©, Sheamus and Joe Doering, who was also the other brand's world champ at the time.

Josh won both titles and they were unified. Davey was not happy about what happened and wanted to get his rematch in a one-on-one scenario, but was told he'd have a shot only if he'd win a huge battle-royal lottery match to determine the #1 contender spot.

Davey would go on to win that lottery and the feud would heat up between he and Caleb.

Winner and new Universe Champion: Davey Richards B+

Davey was caught up in the emotion of the match, a true underdog story, starting the company as an opener and getting to the top spot a year later as a main eventer.

what an amazing night for our company's anniversary!

My first ever 100 match, and first in this particular game anywhere in the world in this particular game!

Wow! With Rick Rude? My game Steamboat could pull this off but Rude is an average worker at best. Did you give him a massive push or did he just develop into a great wrestler?

Wow! With Rick Rude? My game Steamboat could pull this off but Rude is an average worker at best. Did you give him a massive push or did he just develop into a great wrestler?

Actually, Rude was a great performer in his prime tbh!

Well, since WWF leans towards Popularity in the '87 mod, it helped Rude that he was a former Intercontinental Champ and put up some big wins during the year to boost his popularity. He's still not a spectacular worker, however. 59 brawling, 51 technical, 38 flying. A 74 performance rating helps out bigtime, though, and his popularity in the US is 87.

Of course, at this point in my game, Steamboat can carry a broomstick to at least an 80 rating :)

I just ended the year, and Steamboat won Wrestler of the Year and of course the match with Rude was Match of the Year. Winning Wrestler of the Year cinched Steamboat's entry into the Hall of Immortals.

Just got new goals, and this is gonna hurt my roster soon.. McMahon gave me an owner goal not to hire or re-sign anyone with less than a 53 in Charisma. I have a few solid young workers in the WWF and in development, but I'm gonna lose a bunch of those guys who can get plugged in to help guys get over.

Archived