What's going on in your game?

Whats going on in my games? Factory reset. Lost everything. My XWA game that I had in 2021 or so, and a new game which I had made it from small to Cult in 2014. Was getting ready to post some stories about my game too. Probably still will, but it will all be from memory.

PS No need to reply saying "that sucks" Whats done is done. Now for a fresh start.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whats going on in my games? Factory reset. Lost everything. My XWA game that I had in 2021 or so, and a new game which I had made it from small to Cult in 2014. Was getting ready to post some stories about my game too. Probably still will, but it will all be from memory.

PS No need to reply saying "that sucks" Whats done is done. Now for a fresh start.

Not gonna say it sucks, because I really think its for the best,

Playing one game for too long gets stagnant for me, love to freshen it up. Longest game I've had is 10 years

(2 with ACPW, 2 with MAW, 2 with SOTBPW, 3 with USPW and then ending up in SWF) kinda worked my way through so well that I actually ended up in SWF (at Cult) with my former MAW champ Stan "The Man" Manna. Was sweet :-)

but yeah fresh starts always do your creative juices the world of good :)

Booking as WWE in my 2020 game. I started a diary but abandoned it when I booked myself down to cult, man this game is hard.

Dragon Gate USA, TNA and OLLIE are all global which means I am stuck with dross workers. BJ Whitmer is my champion and I have just got him to A overness but I don't have a single worker with a top line stat of B+ or more.

Luckily I signed quite a few workers on written deals during my brief time at global so I will obviously try and get a few of them to main event level.

This is going to be a long, hard slog...

Im playing as TCW for the first time. Im gonna try to do it realistically (keep the title on Rocky Golden for a while.) For the first show it got main evented by Golden vs Peak. (Even if Cornell and Hawkins beating Vessey and Benson got an 87) I gave myself a bit of cash because I dont like being that limited. I did alter the c-verse for this game a bit. A few of the small indies are gone. The biggest change is ABP. American Buffalo Promotions. I had made it for a diary game for the future, and its the reason im playing as TCW. I get impatient just WATCHING so I had to play as someone. Anyways, after their first show overall was 1 point less than their own pop I altered the pop of some of their top workers.

Their roster is: (Champs determined after their first PPV)

Main Eventers:

Hell Monkey ©

Acid

American Buffalo

Black Eagle

Stink

Upper:

Grunt

Lee Wright(Who took over as booker)

Mikey James(Midcard Champ)

Ricky DeColt

The Big Problem

Mid

Champagne Lover

DC Rayne

Eddie Howard (Tag Champ)

Findlay O'Farraday (Tag Champ)

Greg Gauge

Matthew Keith

Roger Cage

Lower:

Atlas

Bear Bekowski

La Sombra Jr

Primus Allen

Opener:

Mr. America (Masked Patriot)

Mr. Lucha III

Velocidad

Enhancement:

Jayson Van Pelt

Womens:

Ashley Grover

Emma B-tch

Roxy Kitten

Zoe Ammis

I put in some work last night on my TCW game. Brought some guys up from developement. Shifted some over to Cornell University, and then ended my relationship with TCW: Japan which I then went into the editor to change the name to WWA: Japan.

At Where Angels Fear to Tread we are planning on a record rating. Lots of positive chemistry match ups are taking place.

=()=Vengeance VS Tommy Cornell

=()=Koshiro Inon VS Chris Morisette

=()=Rich Money VS ???

Bryan Vessey VS Swoop McCarthy

=()=The Holy Alliance VS The Machines

The New Wave VS Purple Delirium

=()=Gino Montero VS 5 others in a 6-way.

Giant Tana VS Akima Brave, Rhino Umaga, and Kid Toma

Gargantuan VS Aaron Andrews

Those are the matches I can remember off the top of my head. I spent the month trying to get Purple Deliriums overness and tag experience up. It was tough though and they didn't improve a lot so after this PPV I am going to send them to Cornell University.

Very interesting. If I may ask, what happened to Don Henderson (apart from appearing in NWF) and Nigel Svensson?

I originally had big plans for The Terror Of The Highlands, at one point I thought he was gonna be the guy to end Dragon's title reign but he's been bumped down the pecking order a little and Ive wound up using him as a super reliable guy to put against pretty much anybody for a good match, which has resulted in him doing a lot of jobs. He's also dominated my weak tag division with Billy Robinson. He's enjoyed some success in Europe and he actually had a stint as UEW head booker

Nigel bagged a developmental deal with Burning Hammer but they must've nixed that as he's now only on a PPA with the Hinote Dojo but he's done plenty of touring in Japan and he's a bona fide name there now. I've got him back on a PPA and he's stealing the show pretty regularly

I originally had big plans for The Terror Of The Highlands, at one point I thought he was gonna be the guy to end Dragon's title reign but he's been bumped down the pecking order a little and Ive wound up using him as a super reliable guy to put against pretty much anybody for a good match, which has resulted in him doing a lot of jobs. He's also dominated my weak tag division with Billy Robinson. He's enjoyed some success in Europe and he actually had a stint as UEW head booker

Nigel bagged a developmental deal with Burning Hammer but they must've nixed that as he's now only on a PPA with the Hinote Dojo but he's done plenty of touring in Japan and he's a bona fide name there now. I've got him back on a PPA and he's stealing the show pretty regularly

Cool stuff. Found myself starting a game after reading your stuff earlier. Never really liked UK Dragon; he was always the guy in 08 (and now in 10) who didn't win the championship, but beat almost all the other guys. For this game I have already planned a two-night tag team tournament for June, which should be pretty fun. I had O'Curle hold the title for over a year (counting the time before the game starts) in '08, and looks like it's going to happen again.

Cool stuff. Found myself starting a game after reading your stuff earlier. Never really liked UK Dragon; he was always the guy in 08 (and now in 10) who didn't win the championship, but beat almost all the other guys. For this game I have already planned a two-night tag team tournament for June, which should be pretty fun. I had O'Curle hold the title for over a year (counting the time before the game starts) in '08, and looks like it's going to happen again.

Yeah Merle's by far the most valuable guy ROF start with. He's still got a match in my top ten from July 2010 against Walter Morgan (Who I keep trying to bring back in but the man is asking for the Earth) and that was ranked my number one until very recently.

GCG are experiencing some financial problems in my game at present and they had to re-negotiate him to a PPA deal. I immediately tried to get him back but he turned me down flat saying it'd be a step in the wrong direction. Can't say I blame him since he just captured the GCG Openweight Title

Anybody in particular you're looking to bring in? With that tournament in mind, any tag teams? I was always keen on The Anglo-Scots Connection but Davey London's always violating some rule about physical attributes

Yeah Merle's by far the most valuable guy ROF start with. He's still got a match in my top ten from July 2010 against Walter Morgan (Who I keep trying to bring back in but the man is asking for the Earth) and that was ranked my number one until very recently.

GCG are experiencing some financial problems in my game at present and they had to re-negotiate him to a PPA deal. I immediately tried to get him back but he turned me down flat saying it'd be a step in the wrong direction. Can't say I blame him since he just captured the GCG Openweight Title

Anybody in particular you're looking to bring in? With that tournament in mind, any tag teams? I was always keen on The Anglo-Scots Connection but Davey London's always violating some rule about physical attributes

Since its only 2010, and were exactly not making good money yet.. I was thinking of just using the roster I have available now. All the starting teams, The Party Animals (Rave & Trance) and perhaps a team from MOSC from a talent trade, or just assembling a team from the rest of the roster I have, who are not involved in a team yet. Plenty of guys in the roster left.. I was planning on just doing a 8-team tournament the first year. Then maybe make it a little bigger when we turn regional or something.

By the way, what has happened to Wade Orson in your game? Just signed him, he's a bit pricy for a rookie, but has E popularity across the board and fine skills. Looks like a fairly good prospect for a promotion like RoF.

He passed totally under my radar for the first 2 or 3 years. Then when High Impact Wrestling started up they signed him and he's been their number one guy ever since. I've talent traded for him a few times and he's held his own with my best guys. He's one of the NWF's top performers too, I regret not picking him up myself when he was a free agent

I have Wade Orson in my global TCW in a jobber role currently. Eventually with a 2nd brand he will get a push but with my overly crowded roster I have a lot of guys who rotate in a jobber role. Some like Giant Tana rise out of those ranks to be main players. Others stay put for a very long time without hope for more.

He passed totally under my radar for the first 2 or 3 years. Then when High Impact Wrestling started up they signed him and he's been their number one guy ever since. I've talent traded for him a few times and he's held his own with my best guys. He's one of the NWF's top performers too, I regret not picking him up myself when he was a free agent

I have Wade Orson in my global TCW in a jobber role currently. Eventually with a 2nd brand he will get a push but with my overly crowded roster I have a lot of guys who rotate in a jobber role. Some like Giant Tana rise out of those ranks to be main players. Others stay put for a very long time without hope for more.

Cool to hear.

Just held the Tag Team World Grand Prix 2010.. Had Don Henderson & Billy Robinson win the first ever GP beating the veteran/rookie team of Walter Morgan / Wade Orson. I loaned Ali Bloxsome from UEW to Night 2's main event to fight against my champion Merle O'Curle. Saw that O'Curle was injured after the match from the website, checked it out, and it's a herniated spinal disc for one whole year. This means of course, that the RoF Championship is going to be vacated and a new champion will be determined. Don't know who it's going to be yet, probably someone like UK Dragon.

Cool to hear.

Just held the Tag Team World Grand Prix 2010.. Had Don Henderson & Billy Robinson win the first ever GP beating the veteran/rookie team of Walter Morgan / Wade Orson. I loaned Ali Bloxsome from UEW to Night 2's main event to fight against my champion Merle O'Curle. Saw that O'Curle was injured after the match from the website, checked it out, and it's a herniated spinal disc for one whole year. This means of course, that the RoF Championship is going to be vacated and a new champion will be determined. Don't know who it's going to be yet, probably someone like UK Dragon.

That happened to Wade Orson in my OVW game (except the injury was a concussion for a year) Unfortunately it happened the month that I had PLANNED for him to take the title off of (random gen worker) "American Elite" Marc Broughton.

Wow he is pretty awesome. Did you just add a narrative via the in game editor or something?

The narratives that are preset in the game stay in the editor, meaning you can recycle them. Having unlimited narratives makes the game more fun IMO. Findlay O'Farraday has done 7 movies, MAW has gotten heavily investd in, ive peaked a few guys in every promotion in the world. I had Beetle Kimura save a bunch of orphans from a lunatic with a shotgun... and some other stuff.

The narratives that are preset in the game stay in the editor, meaning you can recycle them. Having unlimited narratives makes the game more fun IMO. Findlay O'Farraday has done 7 movies, MAW has gotten heavily investd in, ive peaked a few guys in every promotion in the world. I had Beetle Kimura save a bunch of orphans from a lunatic with a shotgun... and some other stuff.

That is one of the things in this game I never really messed with. That sounds cool actually.

oh man.

My heart goes out to you on that one

I was, once, back in TEW2007, very glad of UK Dragon suffering a spinal injury. WLW, GCG and BHOTWG's contracts with him all ran out and were not renewed.

I'd hit National (I think the game was in 2011) and I signed him to a written before he recovered, brought him back once he was fine. 2012 was the Year of the Dragon, as he became the first person since we got weekly shows, let alone weekly + PPV, to hold the championship for a year. He finally lost it to Don Henderson on what would have been his 13 month anniversary of taking the belt, starting Don's first title reign, in an A* match.

Honestly, I'd rather be a jobber in a global promotion, than a top guy in a small promotion. If I was a pro wrestler IRL.

I believe CM Punk was once asked a question, around the time he first signed with WWE,

Q: What will you do if wwe misuses you like they did with guys like shannon moore and so on?

A: I’ll go out and purchase a hummer and buy a nice house, just like he did.

I got the question from his website. Which is 100% how I feel.

Archived