I know that. But Wanda's a multi-time champion, and one of the best female wrestlers on the planet. And now she's changing her name to Belle? I think she would have had enough respect for her career to remain a Jamie Lee Curtis reference.

She's moving up to "the big time" so changing her name and gimmick would seem the RIGHT thing to do. Not many 'indy darlings' keep their indy names when they move up to a big promotion, after all. What's she gonna do, tell Sam Strong to stuff it if he asked her to change her name?

She's moving up to "the big time" so changing her name and gimmick would seem the RIGHT thing to do. Not many 'indy darlings' keep their indy names when they move up to a big promotion, after all. What's she gonna do, tell Sam Strong to stuff it if he asked her to change her name?

In the Cornellverse, though, its pretty common for indy darlings to keep their names. A worker changing their name is usually the oddity.

In the Cornellverse, though, its pretty common for indy darlings to keep their names. A worker changing their name is usually the oddity.

Yeah, it's a subtle change. Less so in some cases than in others. The Wanda Fish persona is available as an alter ego though. You'll also notice Raven distancing herself from the goth persona.

I really like the new Raven. I would frequently hire her in USPW...but she never really looked like she meshed with most the roster.

I think Imma role with Bryden for awhile too. Though I do miss the reference name. And that she was super easy to find, always at the end of the roster list. :D

Yeah, it's a subtle change. Less so in some cases than in others. The Wanda Fish persona is available as an alter ego though. You'll also notice Raven distancing herself from the goth persona.

And it ain't the first time it's happened, either.

Lord knows how much trouble I had when Tom Angelus became Tully Arthurs... and then Leper Messiah.

Best thing to do if you can't find your favorite C-Verse worker is to do a search for people of similar size, style, nationality, ect.

If Leper Messiah vanishes again, I'll promptly do a search for American Big Heavyweights.

Archived