Welcome. You Know The Drill.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Out of curiosity, how did you allocate your user stats? And what did you buy when you hit 100 shows?

As stated in the first post: Very low Negotiation, low Creativity, high Leadership and Motivating. The 'bonus point' went to motivation; next one will probably go to negotiation as Fox finally starts learning more of the business side of things.

November 2012, week 4

Iiiiii'd say I'm justified in my choice of new champion. And I hadn't even realized it at the time, but the Luchadores now hold all the titles.

For reference, SWF's last show? B-. We put on a better show than the biggest company on the planet. All that's keeping us from total domination is money and time...

CZCW Onslaught #140

Your pre-show matches: California Love Machine defeats Ant-Man (average) and Paradigm defeats Barrera (Sucks).

Your opening match sees Los Rudos retain their tag titles over Moose & Weasel in a good match. Tiger seems made for the tag ranks, I guess. A-Game defeats Panda Mask, and it's an okay match but nobody seems to care. Randy Bumfhole fells Giant Brody in another good match, and then Jonnie Perez gets a win over Jackpot Jordan in an average bit of... averageness.

Snap Dragon defeats Teddy Powell in an okay bit of action, and then Jake Idol defeats Brendan Idol... and it's possibly even worse than the last time we had them fight. Ultimate Phoenix defeats Kashmir Singh, and we move on to our main events.

First, I face Amazing Fire Fly for the Xtreme Title – it's a big loss for me, but dammit, I'm going to get Fire Fly over any way I can; the kid's got talent, he deserves to be popular. The match is good enough to main event any of our recent shows. After that, Mitico defends the Zone Title against Donnie J and James Prudence; as usual, Donnie and James wind up focusing on each other, letting Mitico retain, but... well, I don't know what happened here, but the match simply... eh, okay, I guess. Maybe Mitico only works well in singles matches...

(Show rating: C, 4,439 tickets sold. Match of the Night: Xtreme Title. Trash of the Night: Idol/Idol.)

On the next Welcome: Well, that was... underwhelming. We're underwhelmed. Let's see if we can whelm the crowd next time... Mitico needs a big opponent. Just one opponent.

December 2012, week 1

We're starting to notice how hard it is to fit everyone onto the shows lately and still have good, long matches. We add 'move to three-hour shows' to our plans for the new year.

CZCW Onslaught #141

We open with an Xtreme Title match as Fire Fly has to face Giant Brody. Despite there being no psychology on display at all, it's a decent match that gets the crowd going. Jake Idol defeats Panda Mask in another okay match, and then P-n-P defeat Moose & Weasel in another decent bout. We're having pretty solid openings to our shows, that's for sure.

The Tag Titles are up for grabs as Los Rudos defend against Rich & Famous, with the champs retaining – but the match is merely average, most likely due to the presence of Brendan Idol. We then do a triple-threat “3P” match between Phoenix, Powell, and Prudence. It's nowhere near the quality I hoped for, being just above average, with Phoenix getting the win. We throw together a random tag match between Singh & Ant-Man and A-Game & CLM. A-Game gets the pinfall over Singh as his semi-push continues, and the resulting match is better than we thought we'd get.

For our main events, we have another triple-threat between myself, Donnie, and Dragon... and wow, we... don't do well. I win, but this is... nowhere near what should be in a main event. We wrap things up with Mitico defending the Zone Title against Randy Bumfhole. Randy's already mad at me for actually having him lose matches, but against 'no-names'? He's getting pretty ticked. I may toss him some extra cash to make up for it. Regardless, it's a good match, right about what we were hoping for, and Mitico retains.

(Show rating: C+, 4,024 tickets sold. Match of the Night: Main event. Trash of the Night: Fox/Donnie/Dragon.)

On the next Welcome: Mitico vs Fox vs Phoenix. Welcome to the big leagues, kid... oh, and a big move.

December 2012, week 2

Due to USPW and OLLIE holding events on a Tuesday this month, we move our show to Sundays. WLW offered a tour to Panda, of all people. Good for him.

CZCW Onslaught #142

Your pre-show match: Notorious over Thomas & Ant-Man. Almost average.

We open with a sure-to-please match as Fire Fly defends the Xtreme title against Air Attack Weasel. This almost reaches a main-event quality, but not quite – I knew I could count on Weasle for a good match here. Fire Fly retains – I'm considering him holding the title for a long time, but we'kk see how quickly he gets over. Or not.

Randy Bumfhole defeats the just-resigned Jackpot Jordan in a decent bout, and then Los Rudos retain the tag titles over P-n-P in another decent match. Man, I remember a day when I wished we could do Cs without even trying... Then, Dragon over Singh winds up being merely average... huh.

Jake Idol gets a big win over James Prudence, and then a horrid squash sees Giant Brody defeat Teddy Powell, who really isn't working out as well as we'd hoped he would. Moose defeating A-Game gives us a better match than that.

Main events time Donnie J eats a loss to the newest member of the Zone to return: Matt Sparrow. It's good, but not the blow-away we were hoping for. Then, the Zone Title match between myself, Phoenix, and Mitico. It's a great match, Mitico retains, but I feel like I'm just getting in the way for most of it...

(Show rating: B-, 4,357 tickets sold. Match of the night: main event. Trash: Brody/Powell.)

On the next Welcome: Triangle Tournament is Zone for “I got nothing and I've got a show to fill.”

December 2012, week 3

So, Sparrow got cut loose by SWF. Unlike Masked Cougar, he was more than willing to return home, and we welcomed him with open arms.

So, we saw a news story about a respected star (How respected? He's on his way to the HoI, eventually, maybe) not having worked in over a year. He... didn't really fit in here, but what the heck, we made him an offer. He'd be useful as we aimed to grow into other areas.

He was taking his sweet time getting back to us, tho...

CZCW Onslaught #143

We open with the Triangle Tournament.

Round 1: Randy, Jackpot, Dragon. Winner: Randy (Above-average)

Round 2: Prudence, Idol, Sparrow. Winner: Sparrow (Below-average)

Round 3: Powell, Donnie, me. Winner: Me (Decent)

We take a break with a random six-way that sees Perez defeat Weasel, Moose, A-Game, CLM, and Paradigm in an above-average bit of chaos. Fire Fly faces the challenge of Kashmir Singh and retains his title in a decent defense. Brody squashes Panda Mask, and it's... okay. Then, our potty break of the night as Notorious fail to win the tag titles from Los Rudos in a crap match.

For main events, we finish the Triangle Tournament with me, Randy, and Sparrow; Randy wins, and it's our best match of the night so far. Then, I try to catch lightning in a bottle again with Mitico/Phoenix II. It's nowhere near as good as their last singles outing, but still good enough to be the show-ender.

(Show rating: B-, 3,933 tickets sold. Match of the night, main event. Trash: tag titles.)

On the next Welcome: We dropped below 4,000 tickets? Uh-oh? Let's hope we're ending the year on an up-note, not a down-note...

<p>December 2012, week 4</p><p> </p><p>

Welp, BLZ Bubb turned us down... probably for the best. </p><p> </p><p>

In any case, the last show of 2012 was going to be out first three-hour show. Cliff and I were still finalizing the plans for 2013's big 'push' – the creation of ACZW: Atlantic Coastal Zone Wrestling. It wasn't going to be a full-fledged 'brand', just a name we used out east. We were still trying to decide exactly where we were going to start our big push; We'd paid some 'analysts' to decide where our guys were most popular on that side of the country, and we'd start there. Only one thing was left... telling the guys. I'd decided to do that before the show.</p><p> </p><p>

“It's hard to believe it's been three years already. Three years since I felt like I was throwing my life away to just... 'settle' for working here. Some of you guys know how I always wanted to go to Japan... and how I gave that up, to become the Zone's booker. Since then, there's been a few bumps in the road... but they've been small, and our successes have far outshown our failures.”</p><p> </p><p>

“Uhoh, here it comes, he's leaving.”</p><p> </p><p>

“Quiet, Weasel. I'm not leaving. None of you are. Tonight is the last night of 2012... and tonight is the last night of the Zone as 'that little promotion in the Southwest'. Tomorrow, we'll be running shows out East. Cliff and I are in agreement on this... and we've decided to set ourselves a goal. Next year, CZCW Year In Review 2013 will be available nationwide on pay-per-view. We've shown the world that we're the plucky little underdog who could survive for decades... now, we're going to show them exactly what we've learned in all that time. From Pacific to Atlantic, we're making this whole country The Coastal Zone.”</p><p> </p><p>

The boys were applauding. It wasn't until I'd left the room and one of them followed me that I realized there might be trouble ahead, as I learned that, whatever the future held for us, we'd be making that trip without one of my oldest and dearest friends. SOTBPW had upgraded Ultimate Phoenix to a written contract.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

CZCW Onslaught #144</p><p> </p><p>

We open tonight with an appetizer of a tag match as P-n-P defeat Notorious in what actually winds up being an average match – Notorious may finally be ready for some regular matches. We follow this is Giant Brody defeating Jake Idol, and these two manage to stink up the joint... not sure how that happened, but we'll keep them apart for a while. If we remember. Things get a bit better as Ant-Man defeats Elliot Thomas, but not much – we're still sub-par for the night, and wait, did two of our jobbers just outshine two of our uppercarders???</p><p> </p><p>

Time to kick things up a notch. Xtreme Title: Fire Fly defending against Singh and CLM. Fire Fly retains, but it's a decent match and the crowd wakes up. I take on Matt Sparrow and it takes all I have to sneak out a win in another decent match, and I realize how much I miss working with Matty. Then, James Prudence slows things down a bit, handily defeating A-Game in a fairly average bout.</p><p> </p><p>

We kick things back up again with a triple-threat Tag Titles match, Los Rudos defending against Rich & Famous and Moose & Weasel. It's longer than your typical tag match, but Los Rudos hang tough and make it out with their titles yet again in a decent matchup. Donnie J and Panda Mask give us another break, with Donnie getting the victory easily. </p><p> </p><p>

Main events time. Snap Dragon vs Teddy Powell did well for us a couple years ago, so we'll try it again now; It's better now than it was then, a good match by today's standards, and Dragon gets the victory as we attempt to work him up to the main event again. Finally, the CZCW Title is on the line as El Mitico defends against Randy Bumfhole and Ultimate Phoenix. The resulting match easily steals the show, and it serves as a great send-off for Phoenix, even though Mitico retains – it's due to a show of luchadore solidarity as Phoenix refuses to take advantage of the numbers game and instead prevents Bumfhole from regaining his title.</p><p> </p><p>

(Show rating: B-, 4,475 tickets sold. Match of the Night: Main event. Trash of the Night: Brody/Idol.)</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

On the next Welcome: CZCW Year In Review 2012!</p>

Welcome to the CZCW Year In Review 2012!

Wrestler of the Year: Eddie Chandler

Youngster of the Year: Extraordinario Jr (Second win)

Vet of the Year: Jeremy Stone

Female of the Year: Fuyuko Higa (Third win)

Promotion of the Year: TCW

Most Improved Promotion: SOTBPW

Match of the Year: Eddie Chandler def. Jeremy Stone, NOTBPW Ring Warriors, March

Show of the Year: NOTBPW Championship Wrestling, December.

Zone Alumni in the Top 100: KC Glenn (77), American Elemental (74), Ultimate Phoenix (68), Owen Love (61)

Promotion growth: MHW opened; BSC, CWWF, SAISHO, and ZEN to Regional; SOTBPW to National, NOTBPW to Global

Promotion Shrinkage: 21CW went out of business, does that count as shrinkage?

People expanding their roles: Angel de Mexico became Head Booker of MHW.

Major Injuries: Bussho Makiguchi, herniated spinal disc. Kazuma Narato, major concussion. For an entire year, that's all. Impressive.

Major Retirements: Alex Braun, The Wolverine, Coyote Dynamite, Crippler Ray Kingman, Bruce the Giant, Fate, Geena, Cat Quinne, Al the Hillbilly, Helen Back, Razor Valentine.

Oddest Friendships: Panda Mask & Ant Man; Fire Fly and Frankie-Boy.

Wrestlers in the News: Buddy Garner gets in trouble with the cops in March; Extreme Deluxe overdoses; also in March.

CZCW Show of the Year: CZCW Onslaught 139 (November)

2012 shows in the CZCW Top 10: 10

CZCW Match of the Year: El Mitico def. Ultimate Phoenix, CZCW Title, Onslaught 139

2012 matches in the CZCW Top 10: 10.

Most appearances in the Top 10: Snap Dragon (1), El Mitico (4), Randy Bumfhole (5), Fox Mask (5), Ultimate Phoenix (8). No, losing him isn't going to hurt at all....

And of course, the story of the year, Bruce the Giant being inducted into the Hall of Immortals...

2013, we're aiming to take that Most Improved Promotion award...

January 2013, week 1

We've got a minor alteration to our schedule, as ACZW shows up in the Tri-State area on Tuesdays. That's right; we're taking aim at PSW, right where they live. Donnie apparently knows this – he just left them. Good ol' Donnie...

Anyway, the addition of a weekly ACZW show meant that we had a choice: We could either stretch our roster really freakin' thin... or bring in a few guys that we normally wouldn't've been bringing in. It's our usual mix of Japanese-influenced, luchadore-influenced, and 'other'.

ACZW #1

Welcome to the very first showing of Atlantic Coastal Zone Wrestling! Granted, it's in a dinky gym without much going for it, but hey... it's a start. Tonight's show is fairly simple as an introduction: we start with a Tag Title match, Los Rudos defeating Rich & Famous. I get a win over Phoenix in his farewell match, and then we have a ten-man battle royal with Giant Brody taking out pretty much everone. There's a CZCW Title Match with El Mitico defeating Teddy Powell, and then we have the first-ever ACZW Title match between Donnie J and Randy Bumfhole; we decide to put the title on Randy to give him a legitimate reason to not lose any matches. All in all, it's a good show, given that few people in the area know the Zone. But man, is it depressing to wrestle in front of that few people...

(Show rating: C, 39 tickets sold. Match of the night: Bumfhole/Donnie)

CZCW Onslaught #145

It feels good to be back in the Gorski, in front of a larger crowd. Hopefully the energy will mean we put on something better than average tonight.

So naturally, we start off with a star-power-filled six-man match betwee... CLM, Frankie-Boy, and Elliot Thomas vs Brendan Idol and Notorious. Yeah, it doesn't go over well. Half the crowd thinks it's a pre-show match. We make up for things with an Xtreme Title match between Amazing Fire Fly and Jackpot Jordan... and Jordan, surprisingly, gets the win in a pretty good match. Have I decided to give up on Fire Fly? We'll se-- what do you mea, I forgot to tell everyone this was a title match??? Dammit...

We begin to introduce our new Zoners. First, Paradigm is out for a below-average match introducing our new masked wrestler, Acid... II. Giant Brody dominates Jonnie Perez for a decent match, and then James Prudence and Teddy Powell decide to try and steal the show with a really good matchup that sees Prudence get the victory.

Randy Bumfhole turns in a strangely average match... against A-Game, so perhaps 'average' can be expected there. We introduce another new Zoner as Mario Heroic gets a win over Kashmir Singh, and this one rivals our opener for trash of the night. To kick things up a bit, we have the Tag Titles on the line as Los Rudos defend against Moose & Weasel again; it's another good match from these two teams, with the champs retaining.

A bit of a breather as Jake Idol defeats Panda Mask in an average match, and then our main events. First, Donnie J gets to introduce the last of our three new Zoners for the show; like the others, he loses, but unlike the others... no, this match is as dissapointing as the others, being only average as Clark Alexander and Donnie have no chemistry. To (hopefully) save the show, we have El Mitico defending the CZCW Title against myself, Dragon, and Sparrow; against this array of Original Zoners, Mitico manages to hold firm and walk out still the CZCW Champion in a great, but not show-stealing, match.

(Show rating: C+, 4,484 tickets sold. Match of the night: Main event. Trash of the night: Heroic/Singh.)

On the next Welcome: Well, those new guys didn't work out as well as we'd hoped... just a minor setback, right?

How big are we? Still Regional, currently #13 in the world, #4 in the US.

January 2013, week 2

So, with the new additions, how does our roster stand?

In the main event, we have Donnie, Jimmy, me, Randy, Brody, and Clark. The uppercard is Sparrow, Dragon, Jake, Teddy, Mitico, and Jordan (Who I swear was a midcarder when I gave him the Xtreme Title).

Our midcard is Acid, CLM, Perez, Singh, Demon Seed, Heroic, Weasel, Brendan, and Moose.

Lowercard is Tigre, A-Game, Fire Fly, Panda, and Paradigm.

Which makes the jobbers Bullet, Barrera, Thomas, Ant-Man, and Frankie-Boy.

ACZW #2

We plan a fairly simply show for this week; Jonnie Perez defeats Jeremiah Moose (Average), Fire Fly retains the Xtreme Title over Acid II (Good), Brody squashes Tigre (Eh), Sparrow & Drago defeat Powell & Jordan (Average), and fially Bumfhole retains the ACZW Title over James Prudence (Holy Freakin' Crap!).

Show rating: B-, 23 tickets sold.

CZCW Onslaught #146

We open with Donnie J defeating Acid, as we find New Zoner #2 that Donnie has no chemistry with and turns out a sub-par match. Things kick up a bit as Amazing Fire Fly loses the Xtreme Title – correctly, this time – to Mario Heroi... WHAT DO YOU MEAN??? I explicitly told you to have the title on the line!!! Grr... Things drop back to 'blah' as Moose & Weasel defeat Notorious, and then back to above-average as P-n-P steal the Tag Titles away from Los Rudos in a decent match.

Another tag match is merely average, as Powell and CLM get a surprise win over Idol and Singh, and then slightly worse as Jackpot Jordan defeats Ant-Man. We decide we need a bit more quality to the show, and we get it when Matt Sparrow defeats Snap Dragon. It's not on the level of the Xtreme Title, but it's still a good match. Giant Brody then drags things down by squashing James Prudence, annnnd we get the trash of the night as Panda Mask defeats Brendan Idol.

Our main events are under a lot of pressure tonight. First, I face Clark Alexander and, after a long match, stare up at the lights – and it's not as good as the matches I've been doing lately. Maybe Clark was a bad idea... we'll see. Finally, our main event, as Mitico defends against Bumfhole, and once again The Randy One gets upset with me after the show for having him lose to a 'nobody'. It's the best match on the card, of course, which doesn't surprise us.

(Show rating: B-, 3,915 tickets sold. Match of the night: Main event. Trash of the Night: Panda/Idol)

On the next Welcome: ACZW has give us their first match-of-the-year candidate; how many more does it have in store? And will anyone see them when they happen?

If you did storylines I'd totally support an East Coast Bumfhole angle wherein Randy considers the Atlantic Coast, the best coast and the Pacific being pathetic. Not caring about CZCW because all the real fans (all 20+ of them) out East are the only ones worth performing for.

January 2013, week 3

PWS went after California Love Machine. Eh, let 'em. He gets more popular in the tri-state area, we'll just use him more and put on better shows...

And it looks like we need a new champion, as one of ours has refused to resign – which means, we don't care, it's time to job the crap out of him!!!! Yay!!!! Here's a hint: He also turned down PSW as well...

ACZW #3

We've got another good (if expensive) show lined up that nobody will ever see... we open with Giant Brody squashing Jackpot Jordan, more into Jeremiah Moose defeating Kashmir Singh, and Los Rudos (The original team, Panda and Demon Seed) defeat Notorious. Clark Alexander defeats Teddy Powell, and Randy Bumfhole loses the ACZW Title to... me. It's not as good a show based on the undercard, but the main event can hang with the good stuff we've been putting on.

(Show rating: C, 23 tickets sold. Match of the night: Main event. Trash of the Night: Brody/Jordan).

CZCW Onslaught #147

We open with Clark Alexander defeating James Prudence in one of the better openers we've had in quite a while. The follow-up match is for the Tag Titles as P-n-P defeats A-Game and Kashmir Singh. Then, Matt Sparrow gets a win over Snap Dragon in a better-than-expected bout.

Our first average match of the night is a triple-threat between Mario Heroic, Jake Idol, and Donnie J. Idol wins, but we were honestly expecting this to be a bit better. Demon Seed takes Teddy Powell into a great match before jobbing out – he's definitely improved in his tag team times. Then, I defeat Weasel in... well, it was better than average, but really... we should be better.

Acid defeats Brendan Idol in the only bad match of the night – and really, it's Idol. Why is he still on the roster, again? Jeremiah Moose grows a set and simply dominates Jackpot Jordan, and then a six-man match between Notorious, Ant-Man, Panda Mask, Elliot Thomas, and Tigre Savaje. Tigre wins, and somehow this manages to be better than the Acid/Idol matchup.

For main events, first, the Xtreme Title is on the line as Amazing Fire Fly defends against, and retains against, Randy Bumfhole in a good match. Then, El Mitico has to defend the CZCW Title against Giant Brody... but somehow, despite being overpowered, uses his speed to retain his title in... well, let's just say this shouldn't've been our main event. It wasn't bad... but it wasn't very good, either.

(Show rating: C, 4,182 tickets sold. Match of the Night: Fire Fly/Bumfhole. Trash: Acid/Idol.)

On the next Welcome: Not a good week on either coast – let's see if we can find a way to improve both shows.

January 2013, week 4

Yes, Randy was the one deciding he was too big for us. And yes, he was getting rip-spit at us jobbing him out to everyone. He lucked out this week; he had another commitment when we ran ACZW. But we had another signing who was just finishing up his commitments with other companies, and ooooo, someone just came available for negotiations that we were definitely going to make an offer to.

ACZW #4

We introduce the East Coast to Hot Lucha Action as Los Luchas (Fire Fly, Mitico, and Heroic) take on Los Rudos (Demon Seed, Tigre, and Panda). It's better received than we expected, and definitely worth opening with. After that, we introduce former PSW worker Nelson Callum and give him a win over Paradigm, and the (small) crowd doesn't seem to care. Giant Brody squashes Ant-Man to the same reaction.

For main events, we have Moose & Weasel defeat Rich & Famous, and then I defeat Teddy Powell to retain the ACZW Title., which is the match of the night (as it should be) and... somewhat decent (as it should be better).

(Show rating: C-, 26 tickets sold.)

CZCW Onslaught #148

We open with the Xtreme Title, as Amazing Fire Fly doesn't pass the torch so much as Demon Seed tears it from his grasp in a good opener. Jake Idol gets beat on by Giant Brody and then sneaks in a roll-up, and we're wondering if Brody's time has passed or if we're just booking him wrong; this was bad. Then, James Prudence defeats A-Game in an average encounter.

We get a random tag match as Moose & Weasel face Machine & Singh, with the actual team getting the win in some above-average action. Then, the tag champs show us how it's done as they defend against Tigre and Panda; Los Rudos fail to get the job done and the champs retain, but this is some good stuff. We follow it with a random six-man tag as me, Dragon, and Sparrow defeat Powell, Callum, and Acid. It's... about average, as nobody doubts who's going to win.

Ant-Man gets a rare appearance and even rarer victory, defeating Brendan Idol... and it's not the worst match on the card. Wow. Mario Heroic gets a decent victory over Jackpot “Stepping-Stone” Jordan, and then we move to our main events.

First off, Donnie J gets a long, hard-fought victory over Randy Bumfhole in the match of the night so far, and then we get a triangle match for th eCZCW Title as Mitico has to defend against both Clark Alexander and Snap Dragon... wait, did I really just book Dragon twice in one show? Whoops. In any case, Mitico manages to retain, but we definitely give the fans their money's worth and prove we can still put together a great main event.

(Show rating: B-, 4,092 tickets. Match of the Night: Main event. Trash: Idol/Brody.)

On the next Welcome: Who's incoming to the Zone? Who do we want to be incoming? And how many contracts can we re-work in one week?

February 2013, week 1

A-Game, Brody, Demon Seed, Jake Idol, Paradigm, The Guru, Dylan... that's a lot of paperwork needing to be done. Wish I could stagger it out a bit. Wonder if I can convince some of the guys to take longer contracts... doubt it, but, you never know.

Perez broke his toe on a really stupid (but, I gotta admit, impressive) failed legdrop onto a chair. I told him to tone it down a bit... but that look in his eye told me that he wanted to be one of the names people mentioned as we grew. I just hoped he wouldn't end up like Paranoia did...

Oh, and that guy I wanted to sign? We got him. Two weeks, and he's ours...

… again.

ACZW #5

In our opening match, the Los Luchas / Los Rudos feud continues with Tiger and Panda getting a win over Fire Fly and Heroic in a decent match. Weasel gets a win over Machine, but the crowd doesn't know who they are. Then Nelson gets a win over A-Game, and still nobody cares. We ask Snap Dragon to work a miracle with Bullet... and he can't, as the match is horrid.

For main events, Giant Brody squashes Randy Bumfhole in an average bit if action, and then I defend the ACZW Title against Donnie J, and as usual we bring the house down. Oh, and I retain the title. Not that it matters.

(Show rating: C, 88 tickets sold.)

CZCW Onslaught #149

We open with Randy Bumfhole jobbing out again, this time to Demon Seed in an Xtreme Title match. After this month, I have a feeling Randy'll never work for us again... anyway, good match, Demon Seed continues to look good. We follow it up with Moose & Weasel defeating Notorious, and it's a nice, average match – Notorious definitely still getting better. Dragon gets a victory over Idol, and nobody seems to care... I may have stale uppercarders.

We wake the crowd up by giving them Matt Sparrow and Donnie J for a nice, long match; it's the best of the night so far. We trot out the midcarders for a four-way match between Singh, Machine, Acid, and Callum. Machine gets the win, and it's a decent little match. Then, in a surprise possible-show-stealing match, the Tag Titles are up in a triangle match between P-n-P, Los Luchas (Fire Fly and Heroic) and Los Rudos (Tigre and Panda), and the action here gets surprisingly good. The champs retain, and Perez once more finds a new way to make me think he's going to kill himself in my ring, but I've got to admit... that was fun to watch.

Dialing things down a bit, James Prudence gets a victory over Jackpot Jordan, and then our trash of the night has A-Game defeat Brendan Idol. Giant Brody's customary squash match doesn't happen this week, as Teddy Powell takes the fight to the big guy... although the big guy still comes out on top, in an above-average fight.

For main events, we begin with me jobbing out to the newest member of the CZCW roster (as per usual). This time, it's Bradford Peverell, the guy with the rep of punching people out. Hey, if Giant Brody can fit in here, so can a shoulda-been boxer. It's not a bad match, but not the great one I was helping for. In the big match of the night, El Mitico defends the CZCW Title one-on-one with Clark Alexander; it's not the blow-away match we hoped for, but it was the great match we expected. Mitico retains, and I begin making my plans on who to build to face him.

(Show rating: B-, 4,208 tickets sold.)

On the next Welcome: Have you guessed who's coming home to the Zone yet?

Finally caught up and entertaining and semi chaotic as always. Can't agree on some of the more featured and winning workers Jordan, J Idol, Moose, Brody among others but it is fun.

Ill go for Valiant as a returnee hehe. One can dream.

February 2013, week 2

Randy Bumfhole has left the building. While he was a great name-value star to have in the Zone, and turned out some great matches, he always complained when he lost to someone 'lesser' than him – and in the Zone, he felt that was everyone. We also let go someone else – see if you can guess who from the ACZW show.

Oh, and that former Zoner who's coming home? Well... let's call 2013 the year of the CZCW Homecoming, because we've got more old friends coming in... just not this week.

ACZW #6

We open with Snap Dragon defeating Nelson Callum (average), then move on to Notorious defeating Rich & Famous when Brendan ticks off Jackpot, who then beats him down and lets him get pinned (Horrid). We try to rebound with Fire Fly defeating Panda Mask, then have an Xtreme Title match between Demon Seed, Mario Heroic, and Jonnie Perez that turns out to be pretty darn good. After that, a long match as I face the massive Giant Brody, and after a long war of attrition, I lose the ACZW Title to him. He's more of an east-coast kinda guy anyway...

(Show rating: C-, 89 tickets sold.)

CZCW Onslaught #150

The show opens with the Xtreme Title, as Demon Seed defends against former champion Amazing Fire Fly. It's a good spotfest that sees Fire Fly 'hurt' himself after Panda Mask runs in to help his teammate, putting him at a disadvantage for the last four minutes and letting Demon Seed retain. Matt Sparrow gets an average victory over Tigre Savaje, and then California Love Machine does the impossible and drags a decent performance out of Ant-Man.

Mario Heroic faces Panda Mask, and naturally gets some help form Fire Fly partway through; Heroic gets the win, but the surprise is that this is every bit as good as our opener. Teddy Powell faces Jeremiah Moose, and while you'd expect an easy win here, Moose takes it up a notch to get the victory in a nice little match. Then, the Tag Titles are on the line as P-n-P defend against Rich and Famous... but it looks like Brendan Idol has been let go, because Jackpot and Jake Idol are back together again, and the two slip back into their old routine and win the titles in a very good matchup.

We drop to the 'average' category as Acid and Nelson Callum face A-Game and Singh; it's a bit of a toss-up, but Acid and Callum get the victory. Then, it's time for an old-school Zone favorite as Donnie and Jimmy face off again; this is the best match the two have had, and they're both happy with it as they come backstage.

For main events, Snap Dragon defeats Clark Alexander in an okay match that, unfortunately, is overshown by the one right before it. And for the CZCW Title match, El Mitico defends against myself and Bradford; it's an average match... average for our main events, that is, being quite good... but not a blow-away. Mitico retains, because I'm setting him up for next week's challenger... which will, in turn, reveal more...

(Show rating: C+... oh, come on, C+??? 4,253 tickets sold.)

On the next Welcome: A look at the big names in the industry, and we should finally get a chance to reveal our first of two mystery signings...

I can't believe you're angry at only having a C+ rated card. Some of your dynasties you can only see a C+ from afar and dream of approaching it.

Pity about losing Bumfhole, he probably had to go but he was the most natural heel you had in the Zone.

I vote for "Prince Adam" returning to the Zone. :D

February 2013, week 3

So, who are the most popular people in the USA right now? Well, Sam strong leads the pack; but a dozen others are hot on his heels. Big Cat Brandon, Christian Faith, Eric Eisen, Jack Giedroyc, Joe Sexy, Koshiro Ino, Lobster Warrior, Nemesis, Rich Money, Ricky Dale Johnson, Tommy Cornell, and Troy Tornado are the 'not Sam Strong' names the man-on-the-street thinks of when he is asked about wrestling.

ACZW #7

We're trying to cut down on our spending on this show... so naturally, we do six matches instead of five this week. My mother always said I didn't have a head for math. We start with Mario Heroic losing to Tigre Savaje; Teddy Powell gets a squash over Frankie-Boy; and Nelson Callum gets a squash over Elliot Thomas. The first is good, the others.. not so much. Neither is P-n-P over Notorious, which just doesn't do well out east.

For main events, we present a tag title match between Rich & Famous and Moose & Weasel in a decent match, and then Brody defeats Donnie to retain the ACZW Title, also decent. But not good.

(Show rating: D+, 69 tickets sold, dudes.)

CZCW Onslaught #151

We open with a triple-threat, Clark vs Teddy vs Donnie. We go with a long, slow match for our opener tonight, and it pays off as a good match, with Teddy (perhaps surprisingly) getting a much-needed victory. To cool us off, Jonnie Perez defeats Nelson Callum in an average bout, and then the Xtreme Title is on the line in a five-way, no-ladder, Lucha Rules match between Demon Seed, Tigre Savaje, Amazing Fire Fly, Panda Mask, and Mario Heroic. Yes, it's a glorified 3-on-2 match, ending with Demon Seed retaining, but it's a great match.

The Tag Titles are next, and a bit overshown by the last match as Rich & Famous defeat Moose & Weasel in an okay match. California Love Machine gets a rarely-seen-lately win over Paradigm, and then in a surprisingly good match Matt Sparrow defeats Kashmir Singh... it's a possibly contender for match of the night so far.

Bringing us down again, A-Game defeats Ant-Man... and it doesn't suck! Then, it's time for me to do the traditional job-to-the-new-guy... and this time, I certainly don't mind doing it. And the crowd goes nuts as we introduce my opponent... SWF's loss is our gain... welcome back to the Zone, with a great match, Remmy Skye! And that's not even one of our main events. What is?

Well, James Prudence defeats Brad Peverell in a great not-typical-Zone-stuff match that still gets the crowd going, and then El Mitico defends the CZCW Title against Snap Dragon – and it's the show-stealer we were hoping it would be, as Mitico retains but Dragon uses every trick he knows ot make him look good.

(Show rating: B-, 3,899 tickets sold.)

On the next Welcome: Welcome back, Remmy. But someone's not so happy to see you here...

Archived