[HYPE] War Of The Immortals 2: Promotion Wars

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/632/woti2.jpg

In 2009, something strange happened. In 2010, the War began. Again. But this time, wrestlers and promotions from different timelines have appeared in a vastly changed world. Their history remains, but their future is in your hands.

It's bigger than the Monday Night Wars, bigger than the territorial wars. Which promotion will survive the War Of The Immortals?

Play it yourself - here.

Promotions announced so far:

WWF Classic

WCW/nWo

WWF New Generation

World Championship Wrestling

New Blood Rising

Extreme Championship Wrestling

ECW Reborn

WWF Attitude

Pacific Northwest Wrestling

American Wrestling Association

Stampede Wrestling

Total Non-Stop Action Wrestling

Ohio Valley Wrestling

AAA

CMLL

National Wrestling Alliance

Ring Of Honor

World Class Championship Wrestling

Championship Wrestling Association

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone who's played this Mod give a short explanation of it? I never played it, and it sounds like all the old promotions are in it, like the NWA, AWA, WWWF? Tell me......tell me.......:D

Also, if there are multiple old time promotions, how are the workers assigned? I mean, most wrestlers worked for almost all promotions at one point or the other. Clue me in please.

Its the idea of every major superstar in United States history is in the game and in their prime/most recognizable state.

John Cena of the 2000's vs. The Hulk Hogan of the 80's vs. The Sting of the 90's.

All the promotions are fictional with names like Big Apple Pro Wrestling and Florida Pro Wrestling (or something similar).

From there you just kind of divide guys up where they fit best and or are needed. The Rock is part of an LA promotion, while Randy Savage is in the awesome Florida Promotion I believe Hogan is in New York, etc.

Its late so I hope I'm explaining this well enough for you.

Its good for Andre vs. Big Show, Necro vs. Terry Funk and everything in between.

No because take the promotion I play Florida Champoinship Wrestling.

Owner Eric Bischoff

You got Savage and Sting main eventing

Carlito, DDP, the Steiners etc.

Carlito is not going to get anyone an A* match out of the gate, nor should DDP.

So you see its not like The Rock, Stone cold, Hogan, Cena, Savage, Flair are all on the same promotion its like any other game you got three or four top guys, mid carders and tag teams.

There is a lot of talent out there but its spread throughout equal promotions. Instead of just two promotions you have over ten plus promotions that have all these stars.

Yes, it's easy to put on good matches/cards if you have the right talent. The balance comes from the fact there's about 6 other promotions at your level and not enough talent to go around. If you crush your competition and get to the next level first, then yeah you can go nuts. Though popularity is often lower than you'd expect in the interest of balance.

Anyway, these posts are the perfect way to introduce the twist. Everyone's favourite fictional promotions will remain in the database, but inactive. This year's War Of The Immortals doesn't just feature the immortal wrestlers, it features the immortal real world promotions.

The difference this year is that it's no longer a bunch of Cult/Regional/Small promotions battling to see who is first to National - There's 3 international promotions to start and 1 national. Basically a demolition derby. TEW can only really support 2 big promotions, so somebody is going to get ruined.

I'll most likely release another version later that restores the original fictional promotions, but I think this is a more enjoyable way of doing things.

So, your first promotional spotlight:

Promotional Spotlight #1 - WWF Classic

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/4773/wwfclassic.jpg

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/7052/hulkhoganh.jpghttp://img196.imageshack.us/img196/9836/teddibiase2.jpghttp://img251.imageshack.us/img251/4459/randysavage3.jpg

Bio: Owned by Vince McMahon, WWF Classic is the home of what many consider to be the WWF's 'golden age' roster. With Hulkamania at the height of its popularity, a cavalcade of main event talent and supporting players at the peak of their skills, WWF Classic is one of the largest promotions in the world.

But will Hulkamania run out of steam? Can the over-the-top characters and family-friendly action continue to appeal to audiences? Or is WWF Classic about to fall from grace?

Major Stars: Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, The Ultimate Warrior, Ted DiBiase, Jake 'The Snake' Roberts. Oh, and Akeem.

Archived