DOA: The Evolution of GREED

I like how your cards are almost like reading a show all together. Very well thought out. Now onto my predictions:

Johnny Vicious vs. Donnie J

There is no way that Donnie J is winning. No way.

Matty Sparrow & ??????? vs. The Moral Majority

I really don't know who to side with here but TMM could pick up a win while cheating somehow.

OTA vs. Matthew Keith

Call me crazy but I think Keith wins this.

Steve Flash vs. Teddy Powell

I love Steve Flash but I really like what you've done with the new and improved Teddy Powell. Plus it seems like you have a love for this guy during your last diary.

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vicious is hot right now and though he didn't win the title, the last show did turn him into a 'star'.

Anytime a mystery man's involved, I'm gonna side with them.

OTA vs. Matthew Keith

Keith will become a 'star' in future seasons, but for now the veteran and one half of your current Tag champs goes over.

I see this being a DQ win for Flash, but Powell will be the one walking out of the ring looking like the winner.

Gonna take the easy way out here, I agree with TK's picks and reasoning. :D

Vicious is on a roll while Donnie J is just the side of slaw.

Even the mystery warrior from parts unknown cannot defeat the Moral Majority.

OTA vs. Matthew Keith

A bit of a toss-up but Ota is moreso my favorite out of the two.

Teddy sends Steve Flash along the path to redemption.

And the Voice Of Reason>all!

Poor Donnie J. . .Just--I can't even say anything else. . .just damn, lol.

The "clean team" get one this time.

OTA vs. Matthew Keith

I'll go with his name recognition even though Ota is still awesome.

Too soo for that "feel good" Flash win.

Donnie wasn't even meant to be in singles, while Viscous was in yesterdays ME

I think the mystery pertner will be able to bring it home for Pecker-Wrecker

OTA vs. Matthew Keith

OTA has more overness than his partner, and Matthew Keith looks to be a rising star who could be huge, a loss for OTA makes sense.

You wouldn't screw up a debut this bad would you?

Vicious is going to the top...the Vicious way!

I can see the two ladies getting involved in this one somehow but the mystery man prevails.

OTA vs. Matthew Keith

OTA is one of my favourite 'cast-members,' so I'm going to be cheering for him!

Teddy's a bit crazed but I've a sneaking suspicion he isn't doing the attacking. Lights out, Flash down, Teddy wins.

Vicious is going to the top...the Vicious way!

I can see the two ladies getting involved in this one somehow but the mystery man prevails.

OTA vs. Matthew Keith

OTA is one of my favourite 'cast-members,' so I'm going to be cheering for him!

Teddy's a bit crazed but I've a sneaking suspicion he isn't doing the attacking. Lights out, Flash down, Teddy wins.

I like jhd1's picks and his logic.

Johnny Vicious vs. Donnie J- If Donnie wins this, I'll eat a hat, I'm that sure...

Matty Sparrow & ??????? vs. The Moral Majority- my second favourite character in the diary just has to win

OTA vs. Matthew Keith- keep OTA strong while Keith pays his dues and continues to improve

Steve Flash vs. Teddy Powell- My favourite character in all of the C-Verse (being left behind by his tag partner and left to slowly go crazy) so I can see him taking over Funk as my best character here with a strong, psychotic performance :)

Sorry my picks have not been that great compared to what I did in PSW. I just am trying to get a feel for this roster.

One is a main eventer the other is not so much, so it will be Hell Monkey for the win.

Tainted win for The MM

OTA vs. Matthew Keith

Man I am sick of OTA showing up in everone's diary.:D

Teddy was such a great character in PSW, and well I don't know that makes it a logical pick for me...

Quick Note: For those who don't know me, I'm a big fan of responding within my diary to what was said by others. It's not done in a way to "bump" this project back up to the top, but rather, a way to feel connected with those who are reading this! One of the best things about creating a project like this is the ability to actually speak, in real time, with your readers! It's something that I truly enjoy & can pass up a good convo. With that, Onto some responses....

I like how your cards are almost like reading a show all together. Very well thought out. Now onto my predictions:

Thank you, CZCW.

In my PSW thread, the process of posting each and every card felt very hollow. There was nothing there instead of a light set-up and mostly just the wrestler's names. It felt very flat & was something I wasn't always happy with. With this diary, I wanted to make sure that even the card postings had a real thought-out delivery to them. With tackling the DOA as a TV-Network run promotion, Things are meant to be presented a little differently. Different terminology is used as an example to this. All in all, I hope that it gives the avid reader (and the newbie) a chance to really understand what each show may/or may not look like! :D That's partly the hard part with created company diaries, As you spend A LOT of your time reinforcing your brand. Since people can't play the DOA in their default database, can't become familiar with it, I as a writer must continually beat the subject home as to what to expect from the DOA. The fleshed out cards are a way of doing so!

And the Voice Of Reason>all!

I'm actually somewhat shocked as to how much Eric Tyler is loved by most reading this diary. I mean, he's an easy character to enjoy since he's practically the counter-example to the DOA as a whole. That, and his "damn you kids", mentality is probably pretty easy to convey through text. Overall, He's one of my favorite people to write for as I can envision every little thing about him when I write. It's more so with him than any other character I've ever written for. A very cool feeling.

Sorry my picks have not been that great compared to what I did in PSW. I just am trying to get a feel for this roster.

No need to apologize, BHK!! :D With any diary, It takes awhile for people to really get a feel for what is happening and/or the characters themselves. I'm not one who really utilizes "winners" from a prediction perspective. So, by leaving behind a prediction you're more so just taking part in the narrative of the DOA. It shows me that you're interested enough to leave your feedback behind, that you're enjoying the project enough that it compels you to speak out, and both of those things are something I really appreciate! (That goes to everyone who leaves feedback/predictions). So, while some may not always be "on the mark"... I'd like to hope that, as a writer, I can not only bring a sense of familiarity to my shows... But also, Still having enough "pop" to bring some shock value every once in awhile. :)

That being said, I will never deliberately change the outcome of what I want in a show because I see a laundry list of people voting for that given person. I know this has been an issue for a lot on the boards. For me, I already know exactly what's going to happen in the show before I post the card. So, it's more of a relaying of upcoming events. :D

Wrong!! No one can over take Funksta!!!:D

You know what would make this easier...

Teddy Powell vs Funk best of 7 rivalry ;)

Then I can see my guys shine :p

I don't know if we'll ever see a Funk vs. Powell "best of 7 series"... but I guess don't ever say never? ha. I'm a fan of both of these characters; however, as many of you know, I have a soft spot for Powell. Why? His character is so easy to write as I can guess he's a pretty bitter man. So, that grungy realism allows a picture of him to be painted in my head far before he ever hits the screen. It's a cross between reality and a character. ya know? His new persona, "Redeem Thee", is more of a hyped version of his PSW persona in a way. The jaded, bitter, persona is still there.. however now... It's backed by a mysterious new outlook.

Thank you all for your feedback!! I'm in the process of booking the show & I expect results to be up sometime next week (as it's my birthday this weekend and will probably be MIA a bit).

Cheers.

As much as I am hoping to push Donnie in my diary, that doesn't seem likely here

The rarely seen 7 question mark mystery partner is sure to mean a win

OTA vs. Matthew Keith

Keith is a great prospect, but not ready to go over Ota yet.

I have to give my boy Flash the nod, shock the world Steve!

Later that Week

... THE Meeting - Part I ...

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af315/Eisen-verse/The%20Suits/SophiaGordon.jpg

“He’s awaiting you in your office, Mr. Greed.”

She projected quite softly as her soft blue-eyes stare downward at the floor before her. She looked defeated, meek, despite her obvious success at such a young age. A recent mid-west college graduate, the young Sophia Gordon, had landed her dream job in the TV industry a few months back; working as the personal aide to the Arcadia Network’s Program Director, and my charismatic boss, Jensen Tarver.

Something seemed off. She typically carried herself with a wide-eyed sense of adventure. While she was rather polite, resonating that mid-western kindness that everyone tends to speak of, she also knew how to effectively massage one’s ego to relay whatever information she had been sent with. However, today, Ms. Gordon appeared to be feeling rather self-conscious. Almost as if she had resorted back to her days as a open-hearted 16 year old girl; Her dreams of a “perfect-life” crushed by one wayward douche-bag with an inherent need to treat her like crap.

Never the less, not wanting to awkwardly teeter on what was acceptable conversation in the workplace, I stepped on past the silent beauty before me.

With my steaming cup of company swamp-water coffee in my right hand, and an overly constructed confident swagger to my step, I politely nodded in Sophia’s direction.

“Thank you, Ms. Gordon.”

As I rounded the corner, stepping through the glass doorway of my own personal sanctuary (my office), there I stood as a witness to pure, unadulterated, …. Arrogance.

I have heard the whispers from within our community. Those who speak of him in an unflattering light due to his overwhelming ego. While his presence within our trade has only yet begun, His legacy was certainly set for him at birth. Just like a young prince who becomes drunk with power due to the fact that he was born into royalty, The man who sat before me was obviously wrapped up within his own sense of greatness. In a sense, he was “drunk” on his own kool-aide. A sugary drink that was prepared, and stirred, by those who awaited his arrival in the same industry his Father once dominated.

His middleweight frame slouches back into his chair as his grubby Chuck Taylor shoes rest atop my desk; As if he knew, straight away, that his name would garner a selection of “special rules” like this. His head, dangling over the back of his chair, gazes up toward the ceiling with a look upon his face that could only be described as pure boredom. Meanwhile, his tattered high school football shirt shows that he isn’t much past his 18th birthday. Still boasting the fact that he was an all-American high school athlete, Expecting that this same scenarios that got him laid in High school would still work in young adult-hood. Sadly, for the real world’s sake, we were in “Hollywood”. An over glorified version of High School, so, he seems as if he would fit in perfectly well with his new surroundings.

Everything about his posture, about his demeanor, spoke of spoiled young child who felt he had a given right to be praised despite nothing to show for. He was, for a lack of a better word, the true personification of the ultimate punk….

… And we had not even spoken a word to each other yet …

… However, it was made apparent by my bosses before hand that HE would be joining the company in 2 weeks time …

… I had no choice in the matter …

<hr color="black">NEXT: PART II...

"Rapid Assault" Quick Picks

OTA vs. Matthew Keith

OTA vs. Matthew Keith

I know you said the new guy comes in 2 weeks but I think the mystery partner is Jay Chord. Those 2 would make the perfect team. ****y and arrogant.

Trevor

Later that Week

... THE Meeting - Part II

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af315/Eisen-verse/Wrestlers/JohnGreed.jpghttp://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af315/Eisen-verse/Wrestlers/JayChord.jpg

The meeting that changed everything...

“Good morning, Jay. It‘s good to see you again.”

With his head still dangling over the back of his chair, Jay continues to gaze upward. Almost as if I did not exist. My words, my greeting, not important enough for him to react accordingly to. Instead, The young “silver spoon” punk continues to reside within his own head. Most likely day-dreaming of the next party he will attend and/or the next girl he will look to conquer. In a sense, the typical thought pattern of a early 20-something, self-absorbed, young adult attempting to mentally cling to what makes him “cool”.

“Hey. Sup?”

Still no movement from Jay as he continues to soil the top of my desk with his muddy Chuck Taylor’s. Something, that I’m sure, does not matter to the youngster as a comfortable resting place for his feet is FAR MORE IMPORTANT than attempting to portray good manors. Hell, it shows to be more important than flexing any sense of a cordial relationship with his potential employers. To someone like Jay, after 19 years of being praised as “the second coming” to the Chord Dynasty, his own needs will almost certainly come before others 10 out of 10 times.

I swiftly passed Jay, passed the front of my desk, and slowly shifted my chair from underneath its resting place with the side of my right foot. Meanwhile, setting my steaming cup of swam-water coffee down on the desk before me, I attempt to dodge any negative statements that continually bubble-up from within. What I would have LOVED to say was something along the lines of “Get your god-damn feet off my desk, you punk.”; however, such a proclamation would have almost certainly pushed Jay to go elsewhere. While this wasn’t necessarily a bad scenario in my mind, To the studio executives, Jay Chord was an essential piece of formulating a popular TV Show. His looks, his pedigree, his brash style, it all fell in line with the typical, mindless, reality-TV show participant that this network had come to love. I guess Love is too flimsy of a word to truly define their feelings with said persona, I guess “Infatuated” was a little bit more realistic.

On top of that, the Network’s President has made Jay’s hiring a mandate after accidentally running into the legendary Rip Chord at a Vegas black jack table. It was MY job to see to it that he comes onboard; I guess.

“How long has it been?”

I cracked a subtle smile. Trying to ease the situation as I slowly settle into my executive-sized chair.

“It has to have been around 10 years now, right? You were backstage at The Kingdom Center in Dallas, Texas, when [Christian] Faith won the title. [Laughs] I remember you following him around the entire night backstage; asking for him to autograph everything stored away in your pockets. [Laughs] What were you, 9? 10? [shakes his head in disbelief] Now look at you, A legal adult! Breaking into the industry that your Father helped pave. It has to be quite the lofty scenario.”

Jay still hasn’t removed his head from its dangling position. Staring up at the ceiling as if there were an episode of “Booty-Babes”, or whatever these kids these days are watching, shining down from on high. In between the process of the young Chord chomping his gum like a cow, He lazily responds with as little information as possible. You know? As it would take too much energy to sit politely, look me in the eyes, and actually engage in our conversation.

“Sure.”

I stopped for a second. Staring at Jay for a second with a look of stern disbelief on my face. Now, I’m no “Paragon of Virtue” but at least I understand what constitutes as showing respect to others. Even in my darkest of days, hell-bent on abusing prescription pain killers, I still carried myself with a better sense of respect than this kid.

Then his silence broke. He shifted his weight, pulled his feet off of my desk, and looked me straight in the eye. There was a slight arrogant snarl forming on the right side of his mouth as the whole scenario almost had me fly out of my chair. I wasn’t expecting for him to drastically change his demeanor that quickly. Maybe I had some sort of telepathic powers? … I have to remind myself to get that checked when I visit the doctor next.

“Who was that hot piece of tail that was just in here a few minutes ago? The blonde, big rack?”

All it took was one phrase from his mouth to make me want to go BACK to the time where he barely even responded. I took a second to collect my thoughts, Trying my best not to reach across the desk and pop him square across the jaw.

“Ms. Gordon?”

“Sure.”

“She is the personal aide to my boss, Mr. Taver.”

“Mmmmmm… I wouldn’t mind being aided by her personally … [Laughs] If you know what I mean…”

Jay leans back in his chair, yet again, looking down on his “man-hood” while smirking in a devilish manor.

I clear my throat; attempting to steer the meeting back toward something that wouldn’t push me to violence.

“Back to the topic at hand, Jay. [Pauses] The DOA is an upstart, yes, but not your typical upstart promotion. We have a major TV deal, a powerful marketing team in our corner, and enough mainstream buzz to really make a difference. [slight Pause] Here, You’ll have the ability to be yourself. To defy the confines that would almost certainly keep you down in the SWF or TCW. There is no act of real censorship here… You are free to express exactly…”

Then he cut me off.

“Are we done here yet? I’ve got some of my boys flying in from back at home & don’t really have all day to talk over boring details.”

In my mind, I had already reached across the desk… Grabbed him by his skinny little neck… And flung him across the room in a single throw. However, that was something left only for my amusement. In reality, I would lose more than just my job if such scenario took place. Instead, I sighed slightly… Looked up at the clock and turned back toward Jay.

“Fine. Do we have you though? Will you sign with DOA?”

He was taken back for a second with a short burst of arrogant laughter.

“Will I sign? I already did… Last week…”

“Seeya”

Jay quickly catapulted himself out of his chair and was practically out of the room before I had even realized what had taken place. This whole “presentation” was nothing more than a façade. Why? The Network had already gone over my head and signed Jay Chord without my knowledge of the situation. This was not only a breach of the position they hired me into; however, also made it quite clear that I was, in no way, in control of this ship. I was only a puppet to them, Flinging my arms around… Developing their project…

… This kid, Will almost certainly drive me to drink again …

<hr color="black">

OTA vs. Matthew Keith

Hours before the Taping of "Episode #4"

... A Locker Room in Turmoil ...

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af315/Eisen-verse/Wrestlers/CitizenX.jpg

“Are you sure you want to go down this road, John? Trust me, You will regret this…”

“This isn’t my choice, Charlie. Honestly. This was a decision made by the Network; Not me!”

There was brief silence.

“I thought you were in control of wrestling operations, John? Isn’t hiring talent part of your job description?”

I lean back in my large executive chair. My right arm draped across my forehead as my eyes feverishly fixate on the back of my eyelids.

“That’s what I was told. [Pause] But this is different, I guess. The president of the Network found a new friend in Rip over a game of black jack in Vegas. You know how these deals go. The “Back-room” decision making process. Jay’s arrival in the DOA was done by ‘the higher-ups’. Really, THE ‘Higher-up”. So, there’s no room for any of us to question his ruling. [Pause] If we do, I’m almost positive it will mean unemployment papers soon there after.”

Another stint of silence eerily hovers over our conversation. While Charlie [Weston] (“Citizen X”) is no “saint” himself, There appears to be a genuine cry of fear coming from the Indy veteran. He knew the inner-workings of MAW. To him, the whispers about Jay were not silently passed around via hear-say. Charlie knew EXACTLY what was in store for the rest of us; As it pertains to Jay Chord’s arrival in “Hollywood”.

“Just know this, John. I will NOT share a locker room with that punk. [Pause] I will change in the hallway if I have to. [Pause again] And if he steps to me then there’s a good chance that I’ll sock him square across the face. You got me? This isn’t his daddies playground anymore. He’s stepping onto an even-playing field now.”

Sadly, for Charlie, even the DOA wasn’t going to really stand as an “even-playing field” between the two. While, yes, this organization was slightly out of Rip’s reach to govern on a daily basis, There was little doubt in my mind that Jay would ultimately have the Network’s backing from day one.

… If the President has spoken, Then so be it …

… We had no real ability to govern the arrogant youngster …

<hr color="black">

OTA vs. Matthew Keith

The reasoning for so many posts centered on Jay Chord is due to the fact that his character is going to play a HUGE part in this diary. While he may not be the "Top Dog" in the First Season (That will be seen), the back story is a vital part to Greed/Network relations. Also, one of the characters I really wanted to write for in this diary was Mr. Chord. His character (both in and especially out of the ring) really intrigues me from a writer's perspective. So, with his infamous personality bringing a lot of unrest to the Locker Room, It felt realistic to really give him a proper introduction.

Also, this is a SPOILER, yes, but I thought I would clear the air about this. Jay Chord will NOT be part of the company until after Episode #4, so, he will NOT be the mystery partner of Matty Sparrow. Normally I wouldn't give this kind of info out; however, I wanted to let that be known as there's no expecting him to be there. From an in-ring perspective, Jay will get some focus BUT it's not like he's going to receive a GOD-push. However, as you can expect, the Network will be pushing for such.... ;)

Great stuff Eisen, I like the mix of backstage and show posts, they definitely add a dimension to the diary. Variety is the spice of life after all!

I'm sensing a bit of a battle brewing between Greed and Tarver but I'm wondering if Greed's going to go Paul Heyman on the network! :D

Great stuff Eisen, I like the mix of backstage and show posts, they definitely add a dimension to the diary. Variety is the spice of life after all!

Thank you jhd1; my friend. :D

I enjoy writing diaries for a whole variety reasons; however, one of my favorite things to do is to really flesh out the backstage scenario as much as what happens "on the other side of the curtain". At certain points, depending on what is brewing, there may be more focus on what's happening backstage. While sometimes you may not hear very much from one show to the next. It all depends on the situations at hand (and what the game gives me to work with).

Ultimately, It's the fact that this diary is as much about John Greed's evolution into a wrestling booker (from an in-ring competitor) as it is about the company that I'm controlling! Thatt gives me the ability to explore both sides. How would John react? What's his personal experience with being thrusted into the situations at hand?

It's all done with the want to really pull the reader in. To feel as if they are a fly-on-the-wall at any given moment. Allowing them to not only enjoy the characters, matches, and storylines that happen within the squared circle... But to also gain an insiders view of John Greed & the companies he works with!

I'm sensing a bit of a battle brewing between Greed and Tarver but I'm wondering if Greed's going to go Paul Heyman on the network! :D

;)

He may never have the ability to pull an outright "Paul Heyman" on the Arcadia Network as Paul was simply trying to work WITH the network showing ECW. Where as, John Greed actually works FOR the network. So, if Paul pisses off the network then they pull his time slot. If John Greed overtly pisses off the Network then he's alienating himself from his bosses. In turn, having his job taken away from him.

With that said though, There were certainly be a transformation over time between the Network & John's reactions. It'll all take time though. :D

Sighs and facepalms. All I have to say is: poor Greed! But we've all had it, haven't we? We've all had the higher-ups in any business force this arrogant little punk into our lives? Maybe it's just me. lol. But here's hoping that one day Greed will be able to haul off and sock Chord the way he deserves and the way that Rip should've done a long time ago.

I think if this diary gets credit for one thing, it's that it's given Matt Sparrow a character. Before this he was the KING of Bland, and I really can't remember anyone ever really showing interest in him. Now? Now he's a cult classic.

By the way EV, if you're looking for material that Pecker Wrecker can use; this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnxZ9-NNzRs

No shame in taking from the best at his art-form :)

Archived