TNA's New Beginnings II

QUALIFYING ROUND

Doug Williams v Steve Corino

I like Doug but I still think that Steve should be the one to get the victory here.

Ernest Miller v Jimmy Rave

I just do not see Jimmy Rave getting the win here.

Abyss v Super Crazy

Abyss should win this one.

'Alpha Male' Monty Brown v Ken Anderson

Right now I view Mr. Anderson as a tag team wrestler and nothing more.

QUARTER FINALS

Samoa Joe v Williams/Corino

Vader v Miller/Rave

It's time...it's time...it's Vader time!

AJ Styles v Abyss/Crazy

This is tough because either AJ or Abyss would make sense. I will go with AJ.

CM Punk v Brown/Anderson

I like Punk but the Alpha Male should get the win.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AGAINST ALL ODDS TOURNAMENT

QUALIFYING ROUND

Abyss v Super Crazy

QUARTER FINALS

Vader v Miller/Rave

AJ Styles v Abyss/Crazy

CM Punk v Brown/Anderson

QUALIFYING ROUND

Abyss v Super Crazy

QUARTER FINALS

Vader v Miller/Rave

AJ Styles v Abyss/Crazy

CM Punk v Brown/Anderson

QUALIFYING ROUND

Abyss v Super Crazy

QUARTER FINALS

Vader v Miller/Rave

AJ Styles v Abyss/Crazy

CM Punk v Brown/Anderson

PRE SHOW

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Robert Roode and Sheik Abdul Bashir defeated Backstreet Boyz in 6:45 when Sheik Abdul Bashir defeated Trent Acid by pinfall with a Magic Carpet Ride. D+

Impact

Saturday, week 4, January 2003

Gymnasium Aguada, Puerto Rico

Live on Syndication

Harley Race is in the ring with Ken Shamrock and Jeff Jarrett to sign the contract for a World Championship match at Against All Odds. When the ink dries, Jarrett taunts Shamrock about the match, to which he responds to with a shove. They both see red and start brawling, while Race calls officials to run in and break them up. A bevvy of security pile into the ring and seperate Jarrett and Shamrock. C

Eric Bischoff is in the ring, saying how great he sees himself. This is unlike one wrestler who desperately needs to prove himself, he is Desmond Wolfe. He tells Wolfe he will have that chance tonight, when he faces Buff Bagwell. D+

Gary Steele v Mike Quackenbush

A solid enough contest that had very little in the way of heat. Neither man have made much of an impact in TV and to be fair, haven't been given the opportunity to do so. Quack emerged on top in 5:38 by pinfall with a Quackendriver. D

http://brian-dixon.com/joel%20gertner.jpg

Joel Gertner makes his TNA debut where he is backstage with Ultimo Dragon. He asks Dragon about challenging for the X Division Championship, but Dragon replies in Japanese. Gertner says that Dragon thinks that winning the X Division Championship will be as easy as eating sushi and that he has challenged CM Punk for a title match. Punk does not appear. D-

Low Ki v Paul London

A good match, some decent aerial action and some interest from the crowd led to an entertaining affair. Low Ki has been impressive in his early TNA days but London gave him his stiffest test to date. Ki prevailed in 5:50 by pinfall with a Ki Krusher '99. C-

In a pre recorded segment, Buff Bagwell is on a date in a bar with Roger where Buff reacts completely over the top to a young, male TNA fan wearing a AJ Styles t-shirt over an innocent comment that Buff twists into a homophobic abusive remark. The fan is alarmed and runs off as Roger is overjoyed at Buff's response. D+

Buff 'The Puff' Bagwell v Desmond Wolfe

A little disappointing in that it didn't quite reach the standard that was expected. Like last week, Wolfe gave his all and came close, but Buff Bagwell showed too much quality and experience for the youngster and claimed victory in 7:30 by pinfall with a Buff Blockbuster. D

Rick Steiner is interviewed backstage by Joel Gertner, where he hypes himself up as the greatest thing in TNA, while Gertner totally kisses his ass. C

Samoa Joe is walking backstage when he walks into an ambush by Jeff Jarrett and Steve Corino. The two immediately lay the boots into him, but Ken Shamrock comes rushing round the corner and runs them off, saving Joe. C-

America's Most Wanted (with Dawn Marie) v Triple X (Skipper & Kazarian, with Rocky Romero & Francine)

Lots of people at ringside leads to lots of chaos. There were plenty of distractions and interference from illegal partners and Romero and Robert Brisko needed two pairs of eyes. Amidst the chaos emerged a winner and in 9:43 Frankie Kazarian defeated 'Wildcat' Chris Harris by pinfall with a Wave Of The Future. Good entertainment. C-

Backstage, where AJ Styles and Abyss are having a confrontation about the Against All Odds tournament, and who will win. AJ looks rather agitated by the end of it all, while Abyss grunts loudly. D+

Vader attacks Ernest Miller backstage, then stomps on his body before leaving. D-

AGAINST ALL ODDS TOURNAMENT QUALIFIER

An unusually poor performance from Steve Corino, yet despite this he was still able to qualify from a match that should have been better. He got the win in 10:52 by pinfall with an Old School Expulsion. D+

Steve Corino is interviewed backstage by Joel Gertner following the match, he hypes an upcoming quarter final match against Samoa Joe and tells how he will go on to win the tournament. D-

Latin American Exchange cut a promo hyping their Tag Team Championship defence against Dragons at Against All Odds. D

AJ Styles v Hernandez (with Homicide)

AJ is fast becoming a star and is looking capable of putting on a quality match with anybody on the TNA roster. Here he had the most part of the match against the much larger Hernandez, but was in trouble on occasion due to the big man's power and also from occasional interference from Homicide. Styles' rise continued though in 11:59 by pinfall with a Styles Clash. C

Show rating: D+

A number of angles did not meet the standard of the matches. The show can be considered a success and should increase TNA's popularity.

Attendance: 1000 (sellout)

TV rating: 0.10

Loss: $45,543

News

http://www.accelerator3359.com/Wrestling/pictures/bashir.jpg

Sheik Abdul Bashir suffered a broken shoulder in the pre show match at Impact. He will miss around 3 weeks of action.

Dos Caras has announced his retirement from the ring.

Steve Corino and Rocky Romero have signed a contract extension for 3 months.

TNA made a record monthly loss of $212,852

http://i29.tinypic.com/2cfvd6d.jpg

Sunday, week 2, February 2003

Current card

NWA TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Ken Shamrock (champion) v Jeff Jarrett (C heat)

NWA TNA TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Latin American Exchange v Dragons (D-)

QUARTER FINALS

Samoa Joe v Steve Corino (D)

Vader v Ernest Miller or Jimmy Rave

AJ Styles v Abyss or Super Crazy

CM Punk v 'Alpha Male' Monty Brown or Ken Anderson

SEMI FINALS

Joe/Corino v Vader/Miller/Rave

Styles/Abyss/Crazy v Punk/Brown/Anderson

FINAL

More matches maybe announced.

PREDICTION PRIZE

To be announced.

PRE SHOW

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Doug Williams defeated Robert Roode in 7:32 by pinfall with a Chaos Theory. D+

Impact

Saturday, week 1, February 2003

Dickens Athletic Center, Chicago, IL.

Live on Syndication

Harley Race is sitting in the management office, with Ken Shamrock in front of his desk. He tells Shamrock he's not going to waste any time, that he's booked him into a tag team match next week against Jeff Jarrett and Steve Corino. Shamrock says good, Joe and he will take pleasure in beating them up. Race tells Shamrock not so fast. Joe isn't his partner... Shane Douglas will be. Shamrock is incensed as he leaves. C+

Eric Bischoff then walks into the office. He laughs at Shamrock being incensed, because he knows that whenever Shamrock is incensed, it's because there is something going on that he doesn't like. He tells Race that he has some matches of his own he wants to book, and he informs Desmond Wolfe that his patience is wearing thin. He demands an improvement tonight... against Rick Steiner. C+

A good opening contest and one that the crowd were quite into. Miller used his experience and savvy to gain the upperhand, while Rave went aerial and the shortcut route. It was a shortcut that led to his downfall. When he went for a pinfall and held on to the ropes, Mickey Jay noticed this and kicked his arms. This enabled Miller to roll him up quickly and qualify in 8:57. D+

AJ Styles is backstage, being interviewed by Joel Gertner. He states his belief that he will go all the way in the Against All Odds tournament even though he will have to wrestle three tough matches in one night. Abyss walks by and stares down AJ, who doesn't back down while Gertner looks like he's just crapped himself. In fact, AJ tells Abyss he's not in the tournament yet. Abyss grunts and leaves. C

Triple X attack 'Cowboy' James Storm and 'Wildcat' Chris Harris backstage, and leave them down and out. D-

TNA X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP

CM Punk (champion) v Harry Smith

Some question if Harry Smith is deserving of a title match. Indeed, Punk did on his way to the ring, calling this match a joke and this sort of management decision the reason why he has signed a big money contract with a big promotion and will leave soon. Smith to his credit did give it his all, but came some way short of a dominant Punk, who won in 5:17 by submission with a Devil's Lock. CM Punk makes defence number 12 of his TNA X Division title. C-

CM Punk wasn't satisfied though, and continued the beat down on Harry Smith following the match until...

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/cjsibley/Davey%20Boy%20Smith%20-%20known%20as%20The%20British%20Bulldog.jpg

British Bulldog runs the ring and chases off Punk! The crowd go nuts as he embraces his hurting son. E+

Backstreet Boyz v Ring Wizards

In somewhat of an upset, the Wizards were able to defeat Kashmere and Acid in a match that Backstreet had the majority of. They appeared to lose concentration at the end and this lead to the decisive moment in 9:07 when Mike Quackenbush defeated Trent Acid by pinfall with an As If By Magic. C-

Joel Gertner is backstage wearing a different pair of trousers with Rick Steiner who tells all that his match with Wolfe tonight is one of the easiest he will ever have, and it will only a matter of time before the Wolfe realises he's a boy amongst men and has no future in wrestling. He does his trademark bark, slipping in an easy in between... C

Only to be interrupted by...

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/1/15840/465701-bg_james_large.jpg

Who challenges Steiner to a match at Against All Odds and let's see how easy he finds that! Steiner agrees. D+

Abyss v Super Crazy (with Midajah)

Abyss dominated a mediocre (at best match), qualifying for the tournament Quarter Final in 7:15 by pinfall with The Black Hole, where he will face AJ Styles. D-

The cameras cut backstage where Homicide has blindsided American Dragon and is standing over him on the concrete, taunting him while he's down. D

We are then treated to more homosexual activity between Buff Bagwell and Roger. Buff presents Roger with a bouquet of flowers and the pair kiss, while a TNA backstage worker is seen in the background looking disgusted. D+

Desmond Wolfe v Rick Steiner

Steiner came into this match very ****sure. His overconfidence nearly saw a lightning quick defeat, before Steiner levelled Wolfe with a vicious clothesline. He then started toying with Wolfe, allowing him to fight back a number of times before putting him out of his misery in 11:20 by pinfall with a Belly to Belly Suplex. D+

CM Punk is backstage with Joel Gertner. He says that he will hold the X Division Championship and win the Against All Odds tournament before he leaves TNA. TNA will then be without their X Division Championship or a number one contender when he leaves. He then mockingly laughs. C

Gertner is having a busy night. He next tries to speak to Samoa Joe about the tournament, only to get interrupted by Vader and the two have a brawl while Gertner craps himself again. D+

AJ Styles v Low Ki

Ki makes a big step up to main event merely weeks after entering TNA and although he lost to the established Styles, he showed he has even promise to emulate Styles' rapid rise in TNA if he works hard and focuses at the task in hand. This was an entertaining match that thoroughly deserved it's place as the Impact main event and it was AJ who prevailed in 14:49 by pinfall with a Styles Clash. C

Show rating: C-

A number of angles did not meet the standard of the matches. The show can be considered a success and should increase TNA's popularity.

Attendance: 2000 (sellout)

TV rating: 0.10

Loss: $43,106

Current card

Latin American Exchange v Dragons (D)

QUARTER FINALS

Vader v Ernest Miller (E+)

AJ Styles v Abyss (D+)

SEMI FINALS

Joe/Corino v Vader/Miller

Styles/Abyss v Punk/Brown/Anderson

FINAL

BG James v Rick Steiner (D+)

Bulldogs v Spanish Announce Team (E+)

Desmond Wolfe v Eric Bischoff's choice (E-)

PREDICTION PRIZE

Name the team captains for the Lethal Lockdown match at Lockdown in April.

News

http://www.501blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/scifi_logo.jpg

TNA are delighted to announce that Sci Fi will start broadcasting Impact in it's current time slot and format from next season. A deal for two seasons has been signed which will see TNA reach a much bigger audience in the United States and also move into the Canada market for the first time.

I have a question... I'm not very knowledgeable on the backstage issues of wrestling... Did Dixie Carter have to make frequent financial investment in TNA or did the company run financially sound after her initial investment?

Company bled money for at least the first year, I'm pretty sure two. Their overheads weren't anywhere near say a WCW though so they weren't losing millions every month.

Just stumbled upon this diary and am really enjoying!

One request if possible, can you please post WWE PPV results even just the main matches. I like seeing how the outside game progresses. Keep up the good work :)

First off, glad to see that you got on the Sci Fi channel! And now onto the picks:

I'm going to go with the upset (or what I think would be the upset). Mainly because Jeff Jarrett is the owner of the company and also because I think wrestling works better when the heel has the main title.

I see no reason for the belts to change hands this quickly as they have only just won them.

QUARTER FINALS

Joe's gonna kill you!

AJ Styles v Abyss (D+)

SEMI FINALS

FINAL

Styles vs Vader

I just like Rick better

Company bled money for at least the first year, I'm pretty sure two. Their overheads weren't anywhere near say a WCW though so they weren't losing millions every month.

Just stumbled upon this diary and am really enjoying!

One request if possible, can you please post WWE PPV results even just the main matches. I like seeing how the outside game progresses. Keep up the good work :)

Thank you very much. It's your great work that enables me to play this way. :)

I'll post up WWE pay per view results from their next pay per view.

First off, glad to see that you got on the Sci Fi channel!

I'm delighted. I was looking to get off Syndication due to their small size and was trying all of the medium sized companies, two of which rejected me. I had requested negotiations with Sci Fi purely by accident as I looked at the wrong box - their finances are medium (at least in my game) while they are big in the US in size. I was very pleasantly surprised when they opened negotiations. I won't make any money from the deal as they refused to budge from 100% income to the network, but it should greatly increase the interest in the pay per view and hopefully also TNA's popularity throughout North America.

QUARTER FINALS

AJ Styles v Abyss (D+)

SEMI FINALS

Joe v Vader

Styles v Punk

FINAL

Styles vs Joe

QUARTER FINALS

AJ Styles v Abyss (D+)

SEMI FINALS

FINAL

Joe v Punk

PRE SHOW

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Air Paris defeated Jody Fleisch in 8:39 by pinfall with a Tiger Driver. C-

Impact

Saturday, week 2, February 2003

Knott Arena, Emmitsburg, MD.

Live on Syndication

Ken Shamrock is in Harley Race's office, going absolutely mental and destroying everything he lays his hands on until Race enters with a half dozen burly security guards. He tells Shamrock to calm down or be stripped of his title. Shamrock stops destroying things and tells Race the tag team match tonight isn't happening. Race tells him it is, or none of Shamrock's future TNA matches will happen. Shamrock leaves, having been backed into a corner. C+

Eric Bischoff then appears and says his patience is running thin with Desmond Wolfe, he is now on probation. He tells Wolfe he is facing Elix Skipper tonight... in fact, why not make it right now... D+

Desmond Wolfe v Elix Skipper (with Francine)

A decent enough match sadly let down somewhat by a lack of psychology. Wolfe again could not be faulted for effort, and there is a feeling coming about he's going to click together soon... if Bischoff will allow him. Skipper claimed this one in 5:47 by pinfall with a Sudden Impact after Francine interfered. C-

Bischoff then comes to ringside while Wolfe is recovering in the ring. He books him in a match for Against All Odds against Jimmy Rave. Oh, Wolfe, if you lose this one, you're fired. TNA has no place for losers. D+

Cameras go backstage where we see Bulldogs being attacked by Spanish Announce Team. They tell them they will do the same at Against All Odds as they stand over them. D-

America's Most Wanted (with Dawn Marie) v Spanish Announce Team (with So Cal Val)

If Joey Styles were on commentary... "Catfight! Catfight!" as Dawn Marie and Val got into it at ringside. The in ring action was just as good as a back and forth match eventually went the way of the former champions in 7:17 when 'Cowboy' James Storm defeated Joel Maximo by pinfall with a Death Sentence. C-

Footage is seen of Buff Bagwell and Roger on a date at a fun fair. They go on a log flume ride, where Roger is sitting in front of Buff, his ass firmly set on Buff's crotch. D+

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_4Or0ct_Nr6Q/S76Dli4OBJI/AAAAAAAAAMw/fdF32TqD3hA/s1600/Monty+Brown.jpg

A very disappointing match. Monty Brown could be in a very strong position. If he wins this tournament, he will hold the number one contendership and the Feast or Fired case. Trouble is, on this performance, he has no chance in the tournament, despite making the Quarter Finals in 6:24 by pinfall with The Pounce. E+

Backstage, Joel Gertner is trying to catch up with AJ Styles, breathless, to catch a word about the Against All Odds tournament. Seemingly from nowhere, Abyss appears and lays out AJ, letting out a roar as he does, as Gertner cackles in the background. Was it a set up? D+

BG James v Vader

Things have gone downhill quickly on this episode. James makes his TNA wrestling debut and it's a stinker, not helped by the two not clicking. Vader picks up a win in 7:54 by pinfall with a Vader Bomb, but like Monty Brown, is not impressive which doesn't bode well for Against All Odds. E+

In the back, CM Punk is being confronted by an angry Samoa Joe and American Dragon. They want answers from Punk as to why he keeps talking of leaving TNA while he is the X Division Champion and why his only challengers of late have been wrestlers that have been hardly worthy of a title match. Punk tells them he does not have to answer to them, he only answers to one man... when Harley Race appears and tells Punk he will answer to him. He knows nothing about this contract Punk is supposed to have signed, and will at some point in the near future, guys like Dragon and Joe. Punk is incredulous, Dragon smiles and Joe walks off. C-

Joel Gertner is backstage with BG James, who is hyping his Against All Odds match with Rick Steiner. Steiner interrupts and they have a scuffle. Eventually Rick Steiner lays out BG James. This was far more entertaining than BG's match. Maybe he should just talk and not fight. C-

AJ Styles v Buff 'The Puff' Bagwell (with Roger)

Not one of Styles' better nights, but he was still able to prevail over Bagwell who probably is suffering from a sore groin. Or bruised buttocks. Maybe both. AJ is one of the few who is looking good for the Against All Odds tournament. His first round match with Abyss may well be decisive, with some struggling for form, some lacking action and others seemingly having their focus elsewhere. AJ wins in 14:11 by pinfall with a Styles Clash. D

Latin American Exchange attack Dragons backstage, and leave them down and out before bad mouthing them. D+

Mike Tenay and Don West hype the Against All Odds tournament. Tenay is picking AJ to win, while West picks Abyss. C-

Ken Shamrock & Shane Douglas v Jeff Jarrett & Steve Corino

A disappointing end to a sub par Impact. It was obvious that Douglas and Shamrock were not going to team well... and they never even started to. From the opening bell there was friction and forced tags. It came to a head when Douglas refused to tag in, so Shamrock smacked him on the kisser. This led to Douglas rushing the ring and he and Corino double teamed Shamrock allowing the finish to come in 12:13 when Jeff Jarrett defeated Shamrock by pinfall following The Stroke. D

Ken Shamrock is defiant in defeat. He gets in Jarrett's face and shouts at him, "Is that all you've got?" This prompts Douglas and Corino to attack him from behind and both hit their finishers, as Jarrett watches, grinning from ear to ear. D+

A music video plays hyping Ken Shamrock vs. Jeff Jarrett. C+

Show rating: D+

Some of the angles lifted the show. The show may have hurt TNA's overall popularity.

Attendance: 2000 (sellout)

TV rating: 0.09

Loss: $49,156

Ken Shamrock (champion) v Jeff Jarrett (C- heat)

QUARTER FINALS

AJ Styles v Abyss (D+)

SEMI FINALS

FINAL

WOLFE WINS OR IS FIRED

Desmond Wolfe v Jimmy Rave (E-)

PREDICTION PRIZE

you've done a good job of keeping Double J interesting without the belt, but now with the big move to Sci-Fi, it seems like a good time to give him the title and let him shine!

QUARTER FINALS

AJ Styles v Abyss (D+)

SEMI FINALS

FINAL

Joe vs Punk is match we didn't see in the real TNA - so it could give us an interesting twist. Picking Joe to win it all.

WOLFE WINS OR IS FIRED

don't think Wolfie will be fired just yet

QUARTER FINALS

AJ Styles v Abyss (D+)

SEMI FINALS

Joe v Vader

Styles v Punk

FINAL

Joe vs Styles

WOLFE WINS OR IS FIRED

PREDICTION PRIZE

Abyss and AJ Styles

QUARTER FINALS

AJ Styles v Abyss (D+)

SEMI FINALS

FINAL

Joe vs Styles

WOLFE WINS OR IS FIRED

PRE SHOW

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Air Paris defeated Gary Steele in 7:59 by pinfall with a Moonsault Press. C-

Leon County Civic Center, Tallahassee, FL.

Live on UrbanXtra pay per view

AGAINST ALL ODDS TOURNAMENT QUARTER FINAL

Ernest Miller v Vader

A disappointing opening to the pay per view given the two have shown some decent chemistry when in the ring together in the past. The chemistry was there, the quality was not. The match was even and not the comfortable affair for Vader that everybody was expecting. Miller really upped his efforts with what was at stake. Vader just edged it though in 8:03 by pinfall with a Vader Bomb. D

Backstage and Ken Shamrock is accusing Harley Race of favouring Jeff Jarrett and doing all he can to enable Jarrett to win the title tonight. Race is unfazed though and argues back with Shamrock. Eric Bischoff arrives on the scenes and tells Shamrock he needs to save his energy for his title defence tonight as it's a no disqualification match! Shamrock lets out his 'trademark' enraged roar, which causes Bischoff and Race to back off. Shamrock's title is in jeopardy though... C

'Alpha Male' Monty Brown v CM Punk

A better affair than the opener and it became apparented in this contest that these two work really well together. Brown stuttered his way to victory in his qualifying match, while Punk has been on a long roll as X Division Champion. These trends contined with another classy display from Punk, advancing in 6:47 by pinfall with a Pepsi Plunge. D+

Samoa Joe v Steve Corino

A good quality match, one that wouldn't have been out of place in the final. Both men looked dangerous, both men looked like they wanted it. Both men scored near falls before the ever dangerous Joe warmed the fat lady up with her taking the stage in 8:33, Joe progressing by pinfall with an Island Driver. C

America's Most Wanted attack Elix Skipper backstage, and leave him down and out. This was received well, especially considering pay per views are expected to deliver wrestling and not angles in TNA. C

Abyss v AJ Styles

The final Quarter Final featured the two pre tournament favourites, with many observers saying the tournament winner would be the man who progessed from this match. As a match, it was a little disappointing as it suffered from a lack of flow and drama. Both men looked very capable of winning on this outing... and it was... AJ who did so to set up a contest with CM Punk. Styles overcame the big man in 10:32 by pinfall with a Styles Clash. D+

Eric Bischoff is backstage, psyching up Jimmy Rave for his upcoming match against Desmond Wolfe, telling him he wants Wolfe out of TNA. Another well received segment, Against All Odds is going well thus far... C+

IF WOLFE LOSES, HE IS FIRED

Desmond Wolfe v Jimmy Rave

A decent match, one which suggests that Rave has a strong future ahead of him in TNA. Also, much to Wolfe's relief, he too. He fought as if his life depended on it, which to a point was actually the case. He had obviously done his research too, as he managed to counter some of Rave's key moves. Wolfe wins in 6:57 by pinfall with a Guvnor's Crumpet, much to his delight and Bischoff's chagrin, who's reaction is seen from backstage. C-

Bulldogs v Spanish Announce Team (with So Cal Val)

The lowest point of Against All Odds so far. The match wasn't helped by Davey Boy Smith being away from the ring for such a long time. Natural chemistry abound though with two generations of Smith facing the brothers Maximo. One thing that never leaves somebody is ability. Physical attributes may decline with age, but ability always stays. This helped Bulldogs pick up a debut victory in 10:26 when Davey Boy Smith defeated Jose Maximo by pinfall with a Running Powerslam. D-

Eric Bischoff, Harley Race and Jeff Jarrett are sharing a joke backstage, seemingly at Ken Shamrock's expense. Jarrett thanks Bischoff for following through with his request and Bischoff tells Jarrett he was only too glad too. He finishes by saying he had his doubts about working as a duel authority with Harley Race, but he's glad he was wrong. Race agrees and they shake hands. C+

AGAINST ALL ODDS TOURNAMENT SEMI FINAL

Samoa Joe v Vader

This match suffered with it being the fourth time they have faced each other in recent times and it not offering anything new from what had gone on before. The outcome might be considered a little bit of an upset, as Vader has seemingly been in a steady decline over the past few months, but here he was back to his brutal old self and overcame Joe in a physical battle. In what physical condition will Vader be in for the final, his stamina isn't what it used to be. He earned his shot in 11:30 by pinfall with a Vader Bomb. D

AGAINST ALL ODDS TOURNAMENT SEMI FINAL

AJ Styles v CM Punk

Some great action in this semi final despite a lack of psychology being evident. Following the quarter final, this match was being waited for with some anticipation and neither Styles nor Punk disappointed as they entertained the fans throughout. The X Division Champion was very impressive here, but AJ is now approaching being TNA's standout star, and will meet Vader in the final after victory here in 13:45 by pinfall with a Styles Clash. C

The camera cuts backstage where we see Abyss going absolutely nuts, presumably at the fact that he lost to AJ Styles and he's just advanced to the final. C-

A short video is shown of Paul London on a promotional tour in London, Ontario, ahead of TNA's debuting on Sci Fi and on Canadian screens in a couple of weeks. D-

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/70/TNA_tag_team_championships.jpg

Latin American Exchange (champions) v Dragons

A very good contest which goes some way to show the strength of the tag team division. It might have been helped that the match featured three exciting competitors and a big hulk in Hernandez. Dragons' plan was to keep Hernandez out of the ring as much as possible and it looked like it was working... until it backfired thanks to Homicide's trickery in 11:38 when Homicide defeated American Dragon by pinfall with a handful of tights. Latin American Exchange make defence number 3 of their NWA TNA World Tag Team titles. C

Rick Steiner cuts a short promo where he insults BG James before telling him that his bite is as bad as his bark. C

BG James v Rick Steiner

The crowd were into this match, but James was really off his game and has been very unimpressive in his two matches to date. At this rate, his TNA career will be a short one. Steiner wins with ease in 7:57 by pinfall with a Top Rope Bulldog. D

Homicide talks from backstage where he laughs off all of these so called tag teams in TNA and only LAX will reign supreme. First dull segment of the night. E+

http://image.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/AJ_Styles_Smaller.JPG

AGAINST ALL ODDS TOURNAMENT FINAL

AJ Styles v Vader

The third match for each man tonight but with a big prize. Main event Lockdown and face the World Champion. Vader tried to brutalise Styles but Styles was too quick for the big man, who back in his day would have been able to keep pace with AJ's evasive offence. Time catches up with all, while AJ's time is fast approaching. The match saw good action and some great heat and it is AJ who heads to Lockdown with a very impressive win in 14:02 by pinfall with a Styles Clash. C

AJ Styles is celebrating his victory in the ring when Air Paris runs in and attacks, beating Styles down into the mat. C

As we wait for the match between Ken Shamrock and Jeff Jarrett to commence, Don West and Tenay run us through the Tale Of The Tape. C+

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2b/TNA_World_Heavyweight_Championship.JPG

Ken Shamrock (champion) v Jeff Jarrett

A quality match and a very good end to a very good show. Shamrock's rage was unleashed early as he launched an all out assault on Jarrett and without having to worry about being disqualified, had free reign to hurt Jarrett in any way he wanted. And he did, with MMA style punches and kicks before using the ring steps and a steel chair. Jarrett was bleeding and in a bad way only a few minutes into the match.

But he hung on in there before managing to finally sustain offence of his own, using technical wrestling, weapons and dirty tricks. Shamrock's championship was under threat.

Shamrock then fought back and twenty two or so minutes into the match, he had Jarrett where he wanted him. Face down on the mat and not getting up. He applied the ankle lock, only for Steve Corino and Shane Douglas to rush the ring, break up the ankle lock and attack Shamrock. Shamrock tried to fight back, but with it now being three on one, his time was up. Jarrett brought proceedings to a conclusion in 25:57 by pinfall with The Stroke. Jeff Jarrett wins the NWA TNA World Heavyweight title. Shamrock has essentially been defeated by five men. C+

Show rating: C-

A number of angles did not reach the quality of the ring action. The show can be considered a success and should increase TNA's popularity. It is the 10th ranked show TNA has produced. Jarrett v Shamrock is ranked 10 on the top ten matches.

Attendance: 7778 (new TNA record)

Buy rate: 0.19 (new TNA record)

Profit: $65,707 (new TNA record)

News

Glenn Gilberti has been released from TNA following the expiry of his contract.

Steve Corino, Ultimo Dragon and Desmond Wolfe returned clean results from the drugs tests after Against All Odds.

The voice of Memphis wrestling, Lance Russell has retired from the business aged 76.

Archived