The Official MMA Discussion Thread

brashleyholland

Barnett's multi-talented to fit in any pro-wrestling promotion, but I get the feeling that the best fit for him is... a traditional yet somewhat realistic wrestling promotion, with some degree of MMA influence. But he makes more money fighting, with less injuries, and MMA is legit... something you can't get from professional wrestling.

He has only been KOed once, ever in his official record. All his other losses are by unaminous decision. A lot of those losses are against tough opponents, too. Now looking it over, he has some KO/TKO wins as well.

What do you guys think of Fabricio Werdum's GnP?

His GnP isn't bad per se since he does have power in his hands, he stopped a dead tired Gonzaga from back control where Gonzaga was just too tired to do anything and Vera from mount in a very questionable stoppage. But like most BJJ guys when he does get on top he'll largely focus on the more methodical passing business.

Figured I'd just post this in here, because A) why the devil not and B) who doesn't want to see me making a fool out of myself on the internet? WARNING: There are some swears in the vid...nothing too bad though :)

http://community.mmabay.co.uk/broadcast/570308/Re-Re-Cash-Rules-Everyting-Around-Them-C.R.E.A.M

Oh and C) Hopefully one or two of you will get involved! It's a little side project we're doing over on the 'Bay, a community site where you can write blogs (the best of which we'll feature on our main site which gets around 1.3 million visits a month) video blogs (the most recent/interesting of which will also be up on the main site) and best of all, video battles! You can start a battle with someone, upload your vid, they upload theirs, you both get a rebuttal, and the community votes on who wins.

Why bother? Well, if you're first in the community rankings at the end of the year, we're buying you a pair of tickets to ANY MMA event in the world. Strikeforce in Cali, UFC in Vegas, K-1 WGP in Never-Neverland? You win, you name it, it's yours! We'll also chuck out some prizes for random good vids etc as well. What are you waiting for? :-p

EDIT: ...and just incase that first vid wasn't bad enough...I sing a little song about my good buddy Mike Bisping in this one :-p

http://community.mmabay.co.uk/broadcast/457648/Bispings-punnishment-and-the-Appology-Song-for-Chael-Sonnen

Time for some picks.

I still think Overeem/Werdum will come down to whether Werdum can get Overeem to the ground before Overeem picks him apart. I think he can and I think once he gets there, Werdum should be able to squeeze out a submission. I expect Overeem to blast Werdum into oblivion quickly but I just have to go with Werdum in the second round by submission.

Barnett should be able to ease past Rogers without too much trouble. Regardless of how far Barnett has slipped from his peak in 2005, he should still have more than enough in his bag of tricks to overcome the one-dimensional attack of Rogers. I wouldn't be that shocked if Rogers manages to blister Barnett into unconsciousness inside of a minute, but I'm going with Barnett to win by TKO. I'll also offer odds of 7-1 that he fails his post-fight drugs test.

Other picks are Masvidal, Cormier and Overeem

Damn, KJ Noons just got straight up worked by Jorge Masvidal. Great performance!

KJ Noons: Prime example of what you do what happens of when you look past your opponent, AND openly state you are doing so. You undestimate your opponent, and you motivate the guy. So much for KJ Noons being an elite MMA boxer... Jorge Masvidal just served him humble pie.

That's the worst fight I've ever seen. Never going to watch Werdum fight again. I don't really blame Overeem though, he fought sensibly and made his opponent look stupid even if he didn't knock him out. Plus, I think it's a good thing that the hype may slightly dip a little on Overeem going into his next fight.

Barnett and Overeem win but do more harm than good because while they fought smart, it did absolutely nothing to make people want to see them fight Kharitonov/Silva, or anyone else. Barnett will probably beat Kharitonov and Silva could give Overeem problems but it's looking like Barnett vs. Overeem in the finals and Overeem will probably pick Barnett apart standing.

Barnett has won me over :) I dont see him as past his prime either. I am not sure overeem is going to get past Bigfoot. Will be a good fight I think. As for Gina, I think the longer they keep it shrouded in mystery the worse it is for her image. Should come out with some kind of reason even if its a white lie.

For this Saturday's event I predict that Kongo/Barry will be outrageously hilarious whatever happens. Also Rick Story will beat Nate Marquardt.

Anyone know if the prelims will be streamed on Facebook? Plenty of good fights on there.

I remember seeing somewhere where it said all prelims for card would be on Facebook. Can't remember where I saw it though.

For this Saturday's event I predict that Kongo/Barry will be outrageously hilarious whatever happens. Also Rick Story will beat Nate Marquardt.

Anyone know if the prelims will be streamed on Facebook? Plenty of good fights on there.

All prelims for every UFC event will be on Facebook/Youtube now for the foreseeable future. Fighters are loving it as they're making really good guaranteed sponsorship money.

What I've heard is that it could all change if/when the UFC gets their own TV network. The plan then will be to air the prelims on there in the US, while Facebook/Youtube will carry them for the rest of the world.

Also Daff, remember that this event is on Sunday, not Saturday! ;-)

All prelims for every UFC event will be on Facebook/Youtube now for the foreseeable future. Fighters are loving it as they're making really good guaranteed sponsorship money.

What I've heard is that it could all change if/when the UFC gets their own TV network. The plan then will be to air the prelims on there in the US, while Facebook/Youtube will carry them for the rest of the world.

Also Daff, remember that this event is on Sunday, not Saturday! ;-)

I like having more free fights, however if I bought tickets to the fights i wouldn't.

As for the tv station they currently are trying to buy G4.

God, watched the full Strikeforce event, but what a bore. Dis-appointing through the line. :( Especially the main event, god damnit. Werdum was on another planet, probably planet Jiu-jitsu.

If Gina was in it it might've been a good fight. :D

You didn't like the Masvidal-Noons fight? I though that was quality. Didn't really mind the main event as much as some people, truth be told. I did have a vested interest in the big fella winning mind.

Like if I got tickets 2 ufc on versus 4 I wouldn't want the whole card shown for free, but I do't got tickets so i like that it's all free.

Right... :p

I guess you are correct, as people want a little exclusiveness as they go and see. It's logical, in a way.

The Noons fight was ok. But it's only one decent fight in an entire card. :D