The Official MMA Discussion Thread

brashleyholland

To be clear, I don't think it's weight-related, unless it's diuretics. it was pretty clear in teh vids he was on weight, though. So... something he has knowlingly (purposely? intentionally?) kept a secret? I think there's a good reason why Dana's being quiet, at least on his part-he probably doesn't want to hit a snag on privacy laws.

From Ariel's Twitter:

Here's what Greg Sirb, the executive director of the PA commission, said regarding Nate Marquardt: Nate failed the medical requirements for the fight and was put on suspension by the PA athletic commission until he provides a medical report showing that he's satisfied those requirements. He was given every opportunity to meet the requirements up until Saturday at 3 pm. The Athletic commission is not free to disclose what requirements he failed to meet. The suspension is indefinite. As soon as Marquardt can provide what they are looking for, he will not be suspended anymore Of course, I tried to ask multiple times why he failed the test, but Sirb said that was all he was going to discuss and the rest is up to NM.

Nate was given six-weeks notice to clear up medical issue

Everybody, including Dana, knew ahead of time that something could go wrong for Nate. It makes Dana firing Nate look a little extreme unless whatever the problem is is something that Dana feels Nate brought on himself and felt he had to fire him for it.

from what i'm reading he was given six weeks & Dana thought he would do it but because he coulding he had to drop the ban hammer.

What the heck? Did I just miss out on Gamburyan vs. Griffin and Joe stevenson vs. Javier Vasquez because of a technical error on UFC's part? I understand mistakes happen... but I better get a chance to see thsee fights again.

Edit: BH corrects me. Apparently I was mistaken about the fight order.

What the heck? Did I just miss out on Gamburyan vs. Griffin and Joe stevenson vs. Javier Vasquez because of a technical error on UFC's part? I understand mistakes happen... but I better get a chance to see thsee fights again.

Nope...Warburton is about to fight Lauzon, the other fights you mentioned are on after that :)

Marquardt just tweeted what I said earlier, that he'll be addressing all issues on Tuesday.

The tweet went out as Dana was trashing him on Versus. Strong words, saying he is disgusted with what Nate did and he'll never fight in the UFC again.

I don't really like to speculate...but my gut instinct is that it's some kind of communicable disease, and that Nate had falsified a medical report or BS'd the UFC that he would be good to go on Saturday.