The Official MMA Discussion Thread

brashleyholland

got you, don't have to blow up over it.

Er, I didn't mean to come off as standoffish about either. :p The internet doesn't allow for much subtlety. :) It's just that, anything he says, you can't really believe. :p I mean, that's pretty clear in what he says. Seriously, the Nogueira brothers treating a bus like a horse? Brazillians don't have computers? Come on, Sonnen. :p

But I knew he was goign to "BS" it when he implied LHW was a weak division. :p It's so weak, he's fighting at Middleweight because it's harder for him. :p Any trash he says about the LHW isn't really that worthwhile, because, well, he's fighting at a lower weight class, especially one that has less talent than the stacked LHW division. Seriously? A MW division-guy talking trash about the LHW division? UFC's LHW divsion is, in my opinion, one of the most stacked divisions in the UFC. The only divisions that is equall or more stacked is the Welterweight and Lightweight Division.

Long Store short, Sonnen is trolling Brazil. :p

Er, I didn't mean to come off as standoffish about either. :p The internet doesn't allow for much subtlety. :) It's just that, anything he says, you can't really believe. :p I mean, that's pretty clear in what he says. Seriously, the Nogueira brothers treating a bus like a horse? Brazillians don't have computers? Come on, Sonnen. :p

But I knew he was goign to "BS" it when he implied LHW was a weak division. :p It's so weak, he's fighting at Middleweight because it's harder for him. :p Any trash he says about the LHW isn't really that worthwhile, because, well, he's fighting at a lower weight class, especially one that has less talent than the stacked LHW division. Seriously? A MW division-guy talking trash about the LHW division? UFC's LHW divsion is, in my opinion, one of the most stacked divisions in the UFC. The only divisions that is equall or more stacked is the Welterweight and Lightweight Division.

Long Store short, Sonnen is trolling Brazil. :p

1) its cool

2) I have never seen someone use the :p in one post then you.

3) I know about the LHW is weak, lol. its the most stacked division in the UFC.

4) I love the bus story.

Enplane why you think the Lightweight is one of the better weight classes in UFC. I don't.

It's not so much a "better" (that's subjective) as much as it's "stacked" with talent, meaning there's a LOT of good talent in the division. Guys like G. Sot. are struggling when they are considered top 10 months ago. BJ Penn was forced to move UP in weight, because he lost to Frankie Edgar, TWICE. It's also the only division in the UFC to have two championship draws.

Whether it's a "better" division, who knows? But there is a lot of talent, and a lot of GOOD talent, that a lot of talent have a claim to a title shot and perhaps even the title.

When I heard him imply that LHW was a bad or a worse division (compared to what?) I pretty much shut off taking anything he was saying in the interview.

It's literally a pro wrestling promo, not meant to be taken seriously.

e: Regarding the lightweight division, it's absurdly stacked with talent. Unlike most other divisions there isn't a sharp drop off of talent beyond the top 5-10 guys, instead you'll be stretching into the top 30 to find someone who's just mediocre.

He's really irritating and not half as smart as he thinks he is. I know he's a troll but he does talk a lot of bull**** around it too.

Guess he's doing his job since I'd love to see him knocked out, or in jail. Well done, Chael, I guess. :p

It's literally a pro wrestling promo, not meant to be taken seriously.

e: Regarding the lightweight division, it's absurdly stacked with talent. Unlike most other divisions there isn't a sharp drop off of talent beyond the top 5-10 guys, instead you'll be stretching into the top 30 to find someone who's just mediocre.

Oh, I'm not angry at Chael. He knew what he was doing. I knew what he was saying. We weren't his intended audience at all. Like I said before, this was meant to peeve off Braziliians.

As for the Lightweight division, it's so stuffed with talent the UFC has a has huge backlog of fighters that derserve a title shot, but can't receive it. Any other division, and equivalent guys have gotten quicker title shots. But because of the Edgar/Maynard situation, we'll have to wait and see what happens.

When I heard him imply that LHW was a bad or a worse division (compared to what?) I pretty much shut off taking anything he was saying in the interview.

You do realise that he doesn't mean ANYTHING he says in these interviews, right? That's like saying "When I heard that he was supporting Saddam Hussain, I pretty much stopped taking Sgt Slaughter seriously" :p

I love how Chael is still getting people with this routine :)

You do realise that he doesn't mean ANYTHING he says in these interviews, right? That's like saying "When I heard that he was supporting Saddam Hussain, I pretty much stopped taking Sgt Slaughter seriously" :p

I love how Chael is still getting people with this routine :)

...You didn't read any of my posts after that, did you? I clearly stated I know he was trolling. :p And I wasn't really bothered by what he was saying, as much I I didn't care for it.

Beat me to it :-p

http://bit.ly/pfCJgK

Also worth noting is that they offered the fight to Tito as well, who turned it down. It's expected that Lyoto will take the fight from what I've heard, but he hasn't said yes as of yet.

I think this is a bad situation for Rashad if Lyoto accepts. It almost feels like they are sort of punishing him for waiting out. Or at least, making an example out of him.

It's nothing to do with that at all. They offered Tito the fight too. The fact is, they have three weeks and there is nobody else available who could conceivably face Evans for a title shot. Nothing more to it than that.

It's nothing to do with that at all. They offered Tito the fight too. The fact is, they have three weeks and there is nobody else available who could conceivably face Evans for a title shot. Nothing more to it than that.

Yeah, maybe I was looking into a bit much. Still, it seems like the UFC isn't too happy with his decision.

Machida could be a tough fight for Rashad, but I'm not complaining too much because I'm not a fan of Rashad and I readily expect Machida to pound him into dust again. I also thought it was a couple of fights too soon for Davis to be facing Rashad, as the Lil' Nog fight showed that there is a lot of improvement Davis needs to make in certain areas of his game, so I'm fine with him dropping out.

I know UFC aren't putting Machdia against Rashad as any kind of punishment, but I'm sure they're not crying over Rashad getting a beating again considering he was not very popular with them over turning down fights in the past.

Very good for Davis, very bad for Rashad. At least this will establish a true number one contender now. But I'll be pulling for Rashad as I still really want to see him fight Jones.

Comment on MMAfighting said Tito turned it down because he's on a monumental drinking binge, cited twitter as a source or something :o

With five weeks between the Bader fight and the Rashad fight, I'd have turned it down too. Plus, I think Tito might be smart enough to realize that if he somehow did beat Rashad, there would be call for him to face Jones for the title and Jones would slaughter Tito so badly and Tito knows to avoid that for as long as possible.