The Official MMA Discussion Thread

brashleyholland

On the other hand, it's exactly what they're looking for. Franklin is a mainstream dream; clean cut, educated, well-spoken American former math teacher, former champion, well known from TUF and years of high-profile fights.

Tito is Tito; everyone recognises him. If they want media friendly and recognition...Tito vs Rich makes perfect sense. Can't see it being boring either.

Dana has said they are looking at putting this fight together, but I think it will be for UFC 139 or UFC 140 not on fox as they are big drawing power they will also make for ufc preview which will probably not happen for the fox event. As for main event I think it will be Belfort vs. Wandy as they both want to fight each other, will bring a fight with them and are well known by many people.

edit: if it is Ortiz vs. Franklin then Ortiz will be fighting in his home state of California, which they can use that as marketing. I'm more wondering about the prelims, will the end of the prelims be fights for the begining of the UFC on fox show since it will only be 1 hour long.

Tito/Franklin wouldn't be terrible I guess. It's a fight I've been expecting either way, and it makes as much sense in this slot as anything.

With regards to Belfort/Wanderlei...I really, really doubt that's the first Fox fight. Because all due respect everything Franklin is in terms of the image they want to project, Wanderlei is not. Plus, it'll end with another horrifying KO of Wand inside a couple of minutes. I don't want to see that fight full stop, Belfort is coming off a brutal win and Wand a brutal loss, but if it does happen it will not be on this card.

As far as a potential Reem/Mir fight be it on this card or others, would it effectively be a contenders bout? Or are they hoping to do Lesnar/Mir III either way? As far as Lesnar's return I suppose they could very easily book him vs. Carwin 2 for the New Year...

As for main event I think it will be Belfort vs. Wandy as they both want to fight each other, will bring a fight with them and are well known by many people.

Not a chance in hell.

I'm more wondering about the prelims, will the end of the prelims be fights for the begining of the UFC on fox show since it will only be 1 hour long.

I'm not really sure what you mean...it'll be a full fight card, but only two fights will be televised on live Fox. Prelims will be on Facebook as usual.

I think what he's asking is what happens to the two or three fights between the prelims and the broadcast card. Presumably they'll be a facebook deal too?

Everything that is not aired live is a preliminary bout. There's nothing between the prelims and the broadcast card but a 15-20 minute beer/hotdog/pee break :p

Basically what you're gonna get is a regular card with 10-12 fights. The last two will be live on Fox, the rest will air on facebook, as is the case with UFC on Versus and UFN/TUF Finales.

Getcha. They air two prelims on Spike as a lead in to the PPV. No need to do that as the Fox card is on free TV anyway, so there would be no reason to broadcast prelims anywhere else as a lead in.

Again what I am trying to say will the fights that usually air on the main card with a 4 or 5 fight card, will thoose fights air be on the prelims on facebook, since their is only 2 fights on the main card. Understand?

Again what I am trying to say will the fights that usually air on the main card with a 4 or 5 fight card, will thoose fights air be on the prelims on facebook, since their is only 2 fights on the main card. Understand?

I don't know how to say it any clearer :confused: There will be two live fights. Everything else is a prelim. Prelims will air on facebook.

I don't know how to say it any clearer :confused: There will be two live fights. Everything else is a prelim. Prelims will air on facebook.

And presumably there won't be any fights anywhere near the level of Nog/Schaub, and there'll be less fights overall. So it'll be regular-sized prelims just a smaller main card. Think that may have been what he was getting at.

I know what you are getting at but here's what I am getting at, using UFN 25 as a visual.

UFN 25 fight card right now:

MAIN CARD (Spike TV)

Jake Ellenberger vs. Jake Shields

Court McGee vs. Dongi Yang- The top two fights for the card, if this was UFC on Fox, these will be the fights aired on fox.

Jonathan Brookins vs. Erik Koch

Alan Belcher vs. Jason MacDonald- but what about these fights? Will they be at figure 1.2 or figure 1.3

PRELIMINARY CARD

Cody McKenzie vs. Vagner Rocha

Shamar Bailey vs. Evan Dunham

Lance Benoist vs. Matt Riddle

Ken Stone vs. Donny Walker

Seth Baczynski vs. Clay Harvison

Daniel Roberts vs. T.J. Waldburger

Justin Edwards vs. Jorge Lopez

Figure 1.2:

MAIN CARD (Spike TV)

Court McGee vs. Dongi Yang

PRELIMINARY CARD

Alan Belcher vs. Jason MacDonald- Moved to prelims.

Figure 1.3:

MAIN CARD (Spike TV)

PRELIMINARY CARD

Jonathan Brookins vs. Erik Koch & Alan Belcher vs. Jason MacDonald fights are gone from the card.

Understand now?

And presumably there won't be any fights anywhere near the level of Nog/Schaub, and there'll be less fights overall. So it'll be regular-sized prelims just a smaller main card. Think that may have been what he was getting at.

I hope so because I'm so confused right now, lol :-p

The UFC have just issued a press release confirming the main card of UFC 137 with Condit vs Penn as the co-main event, so that fight will NOT be on Fox.

I know what you are getting at but here's what I am getting at, using UFN 25 as a visual.

UFN 25 fight card right now:

MAIN CARD (Spike TV)

Court McGee vs. Dongi Yang- The top two fights for the card, if this was UFC on Fox, these will be the fights aired on fox.

Alan Belcher vs. Jason MacDonald- but what about these fights? Will they be at figure 1.2 or figure 1.3

PRELIMINARY CARD

Figure 1.2:

MAIN CARD (Spike TV)

PRELIMINARY CARD

Alan Belcher vs. Jason MacDonald- Moved to prelims.

Figure 1.3:

MAIN CARD (Spike TV)

PRELIMINARY CARD

Jonathan Brookins vs. Erik Koch & Alan Belcher vs. Jason MacDonald fights are gone from the card.

Understand now?

Dude, there are no fights announced, so how can anything be gone from the main card or moved to the prelims? It's really, really simple...

Fox: Two fights.

Facebook: Everything else.

Don't expect any massive fights to be announced for the prelims, if that's what you're getting at.

Dude, there are no fights announced, so how can anything be gone from the main card or moved to the prelims? It's really, really simple...

Fox: Two fights.

Facebook: Everything else.

Don't expect any massive fights to be announced for the prelims, if that's what you're getting at.

That's basically what I was getting at. I was asking would the fight normally be at the begining of a card like the Belcher/MacDonald fight be on the prelim since their is only 2 fights on the main card.

Someone VERY reliable has just pitched in with Velasquez vs JDS as the Fox main event.

Just about to go on the call now....gimmie that sweet, sweet hold muzak...

If that's the case, you have Cain the first ever Mexican Heavyweight Champ in fighting history & the last guy to beat Lesnar against a fight with heavy strikes and knockout power. Perfect selling point.

Edit: Who will main UFC 139 now, Hendo?

Edit 2: Thanks brashleyholland for keeping us informered with this stuff. ;)

Edit: Who will main UFC 139 now, Hendo?

Edit 2: Thanks brashleyholland for keeping us informered with this stuff. ;)

They've not said, but Dana said expect it to the big as they have a dream marketing angle with the fox show a week before.

It will air in the UK, don't know where yet.

They're gonna do a massive UFC tailgate party for the fight. Fox are going nuts promoting it.

Dana said it took 3 mins to get the fighters to agree.

No worries dudes :)