The Official MMA Discussion Thread

brashleyholland

Where's a better place for MMA betting.

I use Skybet and basically its pick a winner, they dont offer any further bets normally.

Normally they do for a few fights but not until right before the card. Nowhere I've seen is that great, but William Hill is the one which currently has the odds I mentioned up already.

There's money to be won on Brian Stann this weekend chaps.

I've got an accumulator on.

Elkins, Massenzio, Schafer, Miocic, Pettis, Maia, Guillard, Phan, Sonnen, Maynard, Aldo.

Five quid returns £1,474.20. Thoughts? Sonnen/Stann is the question mark for me, I really think he's gonna do it, but at the same time, I know exactly why the odds are on Sonnen winning.

Schafer/Simpson is a tough one to pick as well.

Elkins, Massenzio, Schafer, Miocic, Pettis, Maia, Guillard, Phan, Sonnen, Maynard, Aldo.

I prefer Simpson over Schafer and Zhang over Elkins

I'm really stuck on the Main Event to be honest, i really cant decide between Edgar/Maynard.

I also fear the Stann upset - i dont know why - Sonnen should wrestle**** him, but i just thought the way Sonnen has been talking with so much man-love for Brian Stann that he may get caught (sounds stupid but its just the feeling i get)

Jones vs. Machida at 140...whaaaaat.

Crazy. Rashad's saga continues.

I think Jones beats Machida pretty easily. If Machida couldn't handle Rua's striking, I don't think he'll have any success against Jones, whose kicks and straights will be longer and quicker. Plus, Machida won't be able to get Jones down, and he doesn't have big one-punch KO power to present a relatively reliable threat with that.

I wonder if Rashad comes in the cage again after the fight.

Jones could probably have waited a month or something. A coupla days ago Dana was all "we want to give Jones some time to rest." It's cool he's fighting 4 times in a calender year but this has happened twice now and I'm just not buying it. The wait would be better than a guy who's last three fights were two losses and a win over Randy Couture.

Yeah, sorry, won't buy into the narrative that Jones is ducking Rashad just because it's the cool thing to do right now to "not like" Bones. Rashad got hurt. Again. Bones is going to go ahead and fight a top 5 guy in the meantime. A guy that absolutely humiliated Rashad when they fought.

Fail to see how anyone could say Jones is ducking Rashad. Rashad just has horrible luck and can't keep himself healthy enough to stay on schedule for his fights.

It's not that I don't like Jones. I do. It's just that it's the second time another match has been made when a fight with Rashad will have been feasible within like a month of it. Yes it's fair enough he's fighting Machida on short notice but I think the Evans fight is enough of a bigger deal to warrant such a wait.

It's not that I don't like Jones. I do. It's just that it's the second time another match has been made when a fight with Rashad will have been feasible within like a month of it. Yes it's fair enough he's fighting Machida on short notice but I think the Evans fight is enough of a bigger deal to warrant such a wait.

And wreck UFC 140 in Toronto? Seriously, there is no other feasible main event for that card. And a PPV in a market as big as Toronto is kind of a big deal.

Setting aside the point Stingberg made, where do you get the idea Evans will be able to fight around a month after this fight? I've seen that said on Sherdog's forums but not heard any word of that. If he isn't healthy until January he won't be able to fight until at least February right?

Edit: Wow, UFC 150 will be next year. Crazy. Maybe they can finally fight on that card!

Rashad won't be cleared to do proper training for three weeks. That's gonna give him what, 6-7 weeks to get ready for the fight of his life? Nah, I'd want at least 8-10.

The point is though, nobody has 'ducked' or 'pulled out' of anything...nothing was signed or announced. Both parties had been approached, knowing that Evans was already injured. When his prognosis came through, the UFC signed Jones and Machida. None of that is Rashad's fault.

Also, with regards to putting the fight back a month...who headlines 140 then? And what do you do with Lesnar vs Brock at 141? Move that too? The UFC have a hectic schedule at the moment, and it's going to get worse next year. They need big fights, they need their champs on PPV...they have to rebook. What you're going to see in the coming years is a whole lot more of this, as Joe Silva scrambles to increase the live event quota from 27 (this year) to (I believe) 34 next year onwards.

Rashad won't be cleared to do proper training for three weeks. That's gonna give him what, 6-7 weeks to get ready for the fight of his life? Nah, I'd want at least 8-10.

The point is though, nobody has 'ducked' or 'pulled out' of anything...nothing was signed or announced. Both parties had been approached, knowing that Evans was already injured. When his prognosis came through, the UFC signed Jones and Machida. None of that is Rashad's fault.

Also, with regards to putting the fight back a month...who headlines 140 then? And what do you do with Lesnar vs Brock at 141? Move that too? The UFC have a hectic schedule at the moment, and it's going to get worse next year. They need big fights, they need their champs on PPV...they have to rebook. What you're going to see in the coming years is a whole lot more of this, as Joe Silva scrambles to increase the live event quota from 27 (this year) to (I believe) 34 next year onwards.

Look, I feel bad for Rashad Evans. As much as I'm mildly peeved on how he carries himself, he's run into some bad luck. That being said, he had chances to accept more fights before, and he refused. His decision to wait for Shogun haunts him. None of this is fault, and while it was within his rights to wait for Shogun, he shouldn't have waited.

No one blames Rashad. We are just frustrated with him. Rashad has 18 fights in 6 years, and is 32 years old. Jon Jones has 15 fights in 3 years, and is 24 years old. He shouldn't have been picky in the first place.

More info has come out.

Rashad asked Dana to make the fight happen at 140. Jones reluctantly agreed despite the fight coming on short notice. After accepting the fight, Evans then pulled out. Irritated that Evans pulled out of the fight he asked for, Dana put Lyoto in and Bones agreed.

What you're going to see in the coming years is a whole lot more of this, as Joe Silva scrambles to increase the live event quota from 27 (this year) to (I believe) 34 next year onwards.

They do indeed need to up the count as fighters are having difficulties finding a place on the cards, which seems to be a fight on itself. :p

More info has come out.

Rashad asked Dana to make the fight happen at 140. Jones reluctantly agreed despite the fight coming on short notice. After accepting the fight, Evans then pulled out. Irritated that Evans pulled out of the fight he asked for, Dana put Lyoto in and Bones agreed.

Rashad's ducking Jones lolzlolololozlolol!!1!!!11!

Seriously, though, all the stuff surrounding the Jones/Rashad fight is just comical at this point.