The Official MMA Discussion Thread

brashleyholland

Do you think he'll be on the Birmingham show?

I'll tell you in about 72 hours :-p

I spoke to Liam (BAMMA VP) a couple of hours ago, the situation is basically that Nate is good to go, but the quality of opponent they want for him might not be interested on taking that fight on six weeks notice. They're having some conversations over the next few days.

If not, he'll be fighting for them in December and Feb.

If they give Nate a fight here, and it's a good one, I'd be very tempted in going. Are VIP tickets worth the expenditure?

Last time they were £500, this time I believe they're £150 so I'd say yeah, very worth it. Great view. This isn't a great pic for gauging the other seats, but this is front row in the VIP section at BAMMA 6. So just imagine this, but a few rows back with my mohawk obscuring your view :-p

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b174/brashleyholland/IMG_0916.jpg

You get waitress service all night, a private bar (that will charge you about £4.50 for half a pint, lol) and transport/entrance to the VIP afterparty, where you can buy me a pint. So yeah, come :-D

I don't think they will VIP tickets, but we'll be running a contest in a week or so for a few pairs of tix if anyone wants to wait and try their luck. I'll link it here when it goes up.

Some HUGE (in my opinion) BAMMA/UK MMA news.

http://t.co/X2EKdAj

For those to lazy to read my masterfully crafted bit of typing, the tl/dr is...

-BAMMA are going to be bringing in full athletic commission style testing (disease, drugs of abuse, PEDs), full medicals, mandatory MRI's, medical suspensions, the works.

- They're doing it in three phases, the first being random drug testing of their contracted fighters. They hope to have full commission-style regulation in place in the next 12 months.

- They've been talking about it for 4 months, so it's nothing to do with Marquardt's signing.

Lots more details in the article.

If they can pull off Marquardt/Bahadurzada for BAMMA 7, I'll be VIP'ing my way there.

You should go anyway, get some cheap seats. Even the cheap seats are good in that arena the way they're gonna configure it at the atmosphere is great. I've seen some of the undercard fight's they're working on and it looks to be value for money from top to bottom. Travellodge are doing rooms for about £30 as well, so if you came with a mate you could go to the event and get a hotel for £40 each.

Getting pumped for Fedor vs Hendo. This is a real big fight folks. The Last Emperor seems to be heading down a bit, judging from his last fights, but that will not quench the thirst of MMA fans around the globe. It's going to be awesome. :D

BUT.... It is also a huge opportunity for female MMA to garner some respect. I couldn't help but notice the co-main of the show being a title fight between Coenen and Tate, which are probably some of the best in their division, so I am also looking forward to that. I fear however that we are not going to be looking at the most exciting match in years, which might hurt women's mma a bit. I do hope that both will display great skill, so this branch of the sport might be taken seriously some more.

Any fan who respects the history of MMA will be watching this show. I am not going to go as far as to saying the future of women's mma depends on the quality of this showing, but this match will shape or manipulate the perception on this part of the sport for at least a significant bit. They wanted exposure. Provided people will watch the actual event and no single matches through internet-means, they got it. Now's their chance to step up.

Any chance of Nate at BAMMA 7?

....maybe? They're scrambling round at the moment, as there's a slight worry that Kong won't be able to make the Trigg fight. Tom was supped to fight British kickboxing champion Luke Sines in a UK-1 rules bout at Ultimate Challenge next weekend, but he pulled out last night (Dean Amasinger has stepped in for what will be a very tough test)...he's told Dave O'Donnell, who I interviewed today) that he could be out till the end of the year. Now whether he's just making excuses to get out of the UCMMA fight...I'm not too sure.

Thing is...BAMMA and UCMMA don't exactly get along and it seems like UCMMA signed Kong and Valentino Petrestcu (both announced for BAMMA 7) to kickboxing bouts as an 'F-you' of sorts. It could be that BAMMA have leaned on Tom to pull out of UCMMA, or it could be that his injury (which is real, but he says he can fight through it) is legit bad.

So yeah, if it's the latter, then a spot could open up at the top of the card. That's all I can say really :-p

And anyone else looking forward to the H Bomb being dropped on Fedor this weekend?

I'm looking forward to the fight, I don't know that Fedor is getting sleepy-timed though. He's never been knocked out...then again neither has Hendo. I'm thinking that this will look a lot like the Lindland fight, except Hendo will last longer and put up more of a fight. Still think he'll get subbed though.

Whatever happens it should be a lot of fun...although Fedor having fought Lindland and Henderson but not Couture will always bum me out :-p

If Ortiz was hurt in the accident and was therefore missing the fight, that would be the story and it wouldn't be quiet. The accident would be an aside (unless he was really seriously hurt).

Hendo has never been KO'd, but he was dropped his last fight. Fedor has been wobbled - by Fujita of all people - but never put down by strikes. He's one of the last guys out there who hasn't been dropped by strikes in a fight yet.

Hendo has never been KO'd, but he was dropped his last fight. Fedor has been wobbled - by Fujita of all people - but never put down by strikes. He's one of the last guys out there who hasn't been dropped by strikes in a fight yet.

Cheesy I know, but it's like Rocky Balboa said - "It ain't about how hard ya hit...it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward". Both these guys can get hit pretty hard and keep moving forward...should make for a war.

Cheesy I know, but it's like Rocky Balboa said - "It ain't about how hard ya hit...it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward". Both these guys can get hit pretty hard and keep moving forward...should make for a war.

Its true. Both guys have taken some big shots throughout their careers and powered through. It makes it tough to know what to expect. It seems wrong to expect a KO... yet I kinda do.

I should be way more hyped for fight, since its two of my favorite fighters. But its almost created more of a sense of dread than excitement.

Interesting pic I found from today (apparently). Fedor looks a bit slimmer but hard to know.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii224/9ho1oha1/mma/356452740.jpg