Best Tag Teams ever

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Sheepherders deserve to be in the discussion even though they were more famous as the Bushwackers.

Being serious, I agree. The sheepherders were amazing (Bushwackers not so much, but that wasn't their fault.)

Rock n Roll Express

Midnight Express

Road Warriors

Demolition (some will call them a ripoff of the warriors but they were still great)

Hart Foundation

Brainbusters

Freebirds

Hart Foundation

I'm a Canadian, who started watching wrestling at the end of the 80s, so you're hard pressed to find a bigger Hart mark than me. I say with utmost certainty, that the New Foundation (Owen & Anvil) were a better tag team that the Hart Foundation, from an in-ring standpoint. I've never thought Bret Hart was a very good tag team worker. Owen & Anvil? Hell yes.

Otherwise, carry on. My top teams have been named, as far as I remember.

Demolition (some will call them a ripoff of the warriors but they were still great)

The only time they were even above average was when they were being carried by much better workers: the Harts, Arn & Tully etc.

Otherwise...they were a less talented LOD knock-off with decent charisma and a killer gimmick ( can't even say they had a good look because under all that make-up they were paunchy middle aged balding jobbers)

My all time favorite:

British Bulldogs

I'm a Canadian, who started watching wrestling at the end of the 80s, so you're hard pressed to find a bigger Hart mark than me. I say with utmost certainty, that the New Foundation (Owen & Anvil) were a better tag team that the Hart Foundation, from an in-ring standpoint. I've never thought Bret Hart was a very good tag team worker. Owen & Anvil? Hell yes.

Otherwise, carry on. My top teams have been named, as far as I remember.

Bret was always more of a single's wrestler, I agree. But he had some real moments of greatness in tag team wrestling. I always really liked the tag move they did where Bret perched on the top rope, and Anvil would almost reverse powerslam Bret onto the opponent for a pinfall. They didn't do it that often, it was usually a special finish by my knowledge.

Owen and Anvil should have been given more time... Who knows if we'd still have Owen today or not, but he may well have been a bigger star.

The only time they were even above average was when they were being carried by much better workers: the Harts, Arn & Tully etc.

Otherwise...they were a less talented LOD knock-off with decent charisma and a killer gimmick ( can't even say they had a good look because under all that make-up they were paunchy middle aged balding jobbers)

My all time favorite:

British Bulldogs

umm hate to disagree, but actually I don't. Demolition were 100 times better wrestlers than the Road Warriors could ever dream of being. The only thing similar was the facepaint. The Road Warriors would just go in the ring and beat people up. Demolition actually wrestled.

And the fact that you called them "LOD" ripoffs says a lot. Masked Superstar (aka Ax) was hardly a jobber, the guy worked on top with everybody in the WWF and in Georgia. Krusher Kruschev (aka Smash) was an upper midcarder working in Mid-Atlantic with the Russians and top teams like the Road Warriors.

I take nothing away from the Road Warriors, they were great. But give Demolition their due.

Edit: One more thing, Darsow wasn't even 30 yet when Demolition won the tag titles- so there goes your middle aged comment

Remember, the real Midnight Express didn't have Bobby Eaton. It was Condrey, Randy Rose & Norvill Austin (sp?).

Minnesota Wrecking Crew

The Nightmares (Ken Wayne & Danny Davis)

Doom

Ricky Steamboat & Jay Youngblood

Paul Jones & Baron von Raschke

Jack & Jerry Brisco

Harlem Heat

Outsiders

Professor Tanaka & Mr. Fuji

Archived