BHOTWG- Stepping into the Inferno

Contenders Circle: Kinnojo Horri vs Yasunobu Masuno

Could see this one go either way, but I think Horri is a better contender option.

Junior Tag Titles: Your New Heroes (Elemental III & Marihito Masuko) vs Black Heart Flying Squadron (The Awesome Kiyaru & Golden Scorpion)

Possible for the Junior Tag titles to move so quick, but I'm gonna guess no...

Tadiyuki Kikkawa, Tasuku Iesada & Masaaki Okazaki vs Tadakuni Toshusai, Sanetomo Shiraishi & Sessue Kawate

INSPIRE stay strong.

Junior Contenders Circle: American Optimus vs Black Cobra

Takayuki Onodera vs Yasuhiko Taira

Nisso Yuasha, Kanishoki & Roku Sotomura vs Eiji Hamacho, Chuichi Sanda & Mitsunari Fuganaga

Sensational Dragon, Shimedzu & Miyamae vs Toshiki Shibanumo, VENOM & Yoshii Shiomi

Non Title: Hiroaki Nakasawa vs Masutaro Kataoka

John Pathlow vs Super Joshuya

Mike Watson vs Fukusabaru Inao

Red Panther vs Stone Yoshikawa

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Junior Tag Titles: Your New Heroes (Elemental III & Marihito Masuko) vs Black Heart Flying Squadron (The Awesome Kiyaru & Golden Scorpion)

It´s first title defence for New Heroes (in this diary) so I don´t see them losing here

Tadiyuki Kikkawa, Tasuku Iesada & Masaaki Okazaki vs Tadakuni Toshusai, Sanetomo Shiraishi & Sessue Kawate

Keep Kikkawa happy

Since champ is face I go with the heel for usual face vs. heel match

Another good fight for Onodara but he fall short again

Nisso Yuasha, Kanishoki & Roku Sotomura vs Eiji Hamacho, Chuichi Sanda & Mitsunari Fuganaga

Sensational Dragon, Shimedzu & Miyamae vs Toshiki Shibanumo, VENOM & Yoshii Shiomi

Dragon + Rebellion duo picks a win against three lower midcarders

Champ is kept strong even though this is non-title

Inao jobs here

Man it´s hard for me to remember those japanese names. I wonder if I ever learn them well enough that I don´t need to have your roster assessment open just so that I can see who everyone actually are:p. Again those predictions that don´t have any comments are pure guesses with not much reasoning behind them.

Predictions Form:

You've never been really high on either of the mullet powers.

Even though the other team has the cooler name, the elemental legend lives on

Lets see, main eventers vs non main eventers, hard to guess :p

Duane still has it

But the mullet is higher on the card than you

You've already said the tag champs were pushed too soon.

talent all one one side here.

even non title, I dont see the challenger close to Nakasawa's lvl

except for this match the other two look like squashes. I go with Stone here as he has more potential.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/BHOTWG-1.jpg?t=1268427909

Burn, Don't Freeze Tour - Show 2

(Wednesday 3rd March 2010)

Akita Stadium, Tohoku (Attendance 5'000- Super No Vacancy)

Commentators for this show: Toru Minamoto, Hidetada Kozu & Katsuhiko Shunsen

Pre-Show

Match A: Mike Watson vs Fukusabaru Inao

Solid pre-show contest here, probabably about as enjoyable as Watson's last match. So maybe keeping Watson's fairly one dimensional contests short wouldn't be too bad of an idea. The Canadian Assassin picked up the win after snaring Inao with the Caribou Trap Suplex.

Result: Mike Watson [w] bt Fukusabaru Inao [L] in 5:10 via pinfall (Caribou Trap Suplex)

Rating: C

Match B: Red Panther vs Stone Yoshikawa

Crowd were virtually dead for this one the whole way through but both Panther and the debuting Stone Yoshikawa but in a good effort here. In fact Yoshikawa looked capable of pulling out the win here on several occasions with him capitlising on several errors from Panther but not being able to capitlise on them enough, in the end one of Panther's high risk's paid off when he managed to land the Tumblweed Legdrop.

Result: Red Panther bt Stone Yoshikawa in 8:26 via pinfall (Tumbleweed Legdrop)

Rating: C

Main Show

Match #1: John Pathlow vs Super Joshuya

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HellMonkey_alt2.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_SuperJoshuya-1.jpg

There was no question that John Pathlow was fired up on his main show BHOTWG debut ashe took the fight to Joshuya right from the bell, peppering the veteran with his relentless strike based offence. However Joshuya did manage to somehow weather the storm and after avoiding a roundhouse sent the hard hitting gaijin out of the floor with a spinning head-scissors. That set up a graceful tope to the outside and then a Falcon Arrow for a two count back inside the ring. Joshuya then set up for the J-Drop (Front Flip DDT) but that was blocked by Pathlow who then forced a standing switch into a German Suplex but Joshuya managed to flip over back onto his feet and then take Pathlow by surprise with a sunset flip for a two count.

Pathlow powered out and then nailed Joshuya with a knee strike to the head, that set up for the Kill-Drill (Double Underhook Piledriver) but the seasoned veteran Joshuya managed to block and counter into a backslide. Pathlow regained control with a flurry of kicks that had Joshuya reeling. The debutant then went for the Blunt Force Trauma but Joshuya managed to sidestep at the last split second and then stun Pathlow with an Enziguri of his own, Joshuya then went for the J-Drop for the second time in the match and this time he was able to get it, to seal the win in a competitive match where Pathlow looked impressive on his (main show) debut but was unable to get the better of one of the Junior Division's most seasoned competitors.

Result: Super Joshuya [w] bt John Pathlow [L] in 11:38 via pinfall (J-Drop)

Rating: B-

Post Match Comments:

Super Joshuya: That Pathlow is tough, really tough and if some say I was lucky to come away with the win here, then that's an opinion I would respect but if anyone thinks Super Joshuya is a spent force in the Junior Division then sorry to disappoint them but I have other ideas !

Match #2: Junior Contenders Circle Match:

American Optimus vs Black Cobra

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BlackEagle_alt5.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_DuaneStone_alt1.jpg

The Junior Division action continued with a contenders circle match between American Optimus and Black Cobra, a win here would put the winner a step closer to challenging for the title, whilst the contender's circle spot of the defeated would be under jeopardy.

American Optimus tried to set a high tempo in the early going but Cobra was able to whether the storm and after nailing the Dragon Feet man in mid-air with a drop-kick, slowed the pace down and took the match to the mat, where he began to methodically work over the legs of his fellow masked gaijin. That lead to Cobra trying to look in the Stone Hold but American Optimus was able to dig down and reach the ropes. Cobra then went for a leg-whip only for American Optimus to stun Cobra with an Enziguri. Optimus then decided to go up top but took a little too much time and got cut off by Cobra but was able to shove the Black Heart Brethren man off and launched himself off into a flying cross body for a two count.

American Optimus was then able to keep the momentum on his side, after scoring a two count with a Brainbuster. Feeling the wave of momentum in his favour Optimus then set up for the O-Bomb only for Cobra to counter into a frankensteiner for a two count. Cobra then re-seized the advantage with a kick into the mid-section to set American Optimus up for the Death by Cobra (Double Wrist Clutch Powerbomb) but the Dragon Feet man was able to block and then send Cobra over with a back body drop before sending the mysterious Canadian out of the ring with a standing drop-kick. American Optimus then wiped out Cobra with an Arabian Press to the floor before pitching Cobra back in and heading up top, where he soared off the top rope with the Ozone Sky Flyer (Shooting Star Press)......

But the Dragon Feet man crashed and burned and Cobra took immediate advantage by planting American Optimus with the Stoneplex (Bridging Northern Lights Suplex) that got a close two count but Optimus remained rooted to the mat and was unable to rise back to his feet in time as Cobra came crashing down from the top with the From Canada With Love (Swandive Headbutt) to seal the victory in an excellent contest that had the fans on the edge of their seats by the end of the match.

Result: Black Cobra bt American Optimus in 17:09 by pinfall (From Canada With Love)

Rating: B

Post Match Comment's:

Black Cobra (in English): Nothing, absolutely nothing will stop MY destiny of becoming the Burning Junior Division champion !

Match #3: Kanishoki, Nisso Yuasha & Roku Sotomura vs

Eiji Hamacho, Chuichi Sanada & Mitsunari Fuganaga

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_Kanishoki.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_NisshoYuasa-1.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_RokuSotomura.jpg

vs

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_EijiHamacho-1.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_ChuichiSanda-1.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_MitsunariFugunaga.jpg

This match was always going to struggle to follow on from the high octane action of the opening contests that the Junior Division provided and the much more plodding pace from everyone involved especially the Tag Team champion Behemoths was noticeable for all to see. Basic story of the match saw the Behemoths and Sotomura managed to gain control and work over Fuganaga in their corner, only for them to literally run out of steam, once Fuganaga was able to get the tag into the Raging Bulls they were able to keep the Behemoths at bay and finished the job by taking out Sotomura with the Raging Impact (Running Boot/Spear combo) to pick up the win in a match that much of the crowd cared little about.

Result: Eiji Hamacho [w], Chuichi Sanda & Mitsunari Fuganaga bt Kanishoki, Nisso Yuasha & Roku Sotomura [L] in 10:45 in pinfall (Bull Rush)

Rating: C-

Post Match Comments:

Eiji Hamacho: Behemoths let that be a taste of what's to come, because when we come over those Tag Belts, you'll be looking at a defeat once again. People say you have been 'unstoppable' winning those belts but we saw in this match that you have some very weaknesses, some very heavy weaknesses we will be all too keen to exploit.

Nisso Yuasha: Raging Bulls next time you get in the ring with us you won't be so lucky...next time we finish the job and squash you , like every one else that stands in the Behemoths way !

Match #4: Tadiyuki Kikkawa, Tasuku Iesada & Masaaki Okazaki vs Sanetomo Shiraishi, Sessue Kawate & Tadakuni Toshusai

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TadiyukiKikkawa.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TasukuIesada.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_MasaakiOkazaki.jpg

vs

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_SanetomoShiraishi-1.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_SessueKawate.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TadakuniToshusai-1.jpg

The crowd's willingness to see the arrogant Team INSPIRE toppled from their lofty perch really lifted this Six Man Tag, as the in-ring action itself until an admittedly enthralling finish was a lot of restholds and run of the mill brawling. The basic pattern of the match saw the Burning Sekigun trio bravely trying to take the fight to their Team INSPIRE counterparts only for the 'invaders' to use their admittedly superior technical skills to cut off the flurry. But though Shiraishi and Kawate both got snared in the Century Crab Lift and Iesada Special respectively to the delight of the fans the two veterans (who won their respect in recent months by fighting alongside the new guard lead by Horri, Nakasawa and their partner for this match Toshusai) by digging down and fighting out of the holds and then fighting back enough to get another Burning Sekigun member into the match.

When Tadakuni Toshusai did get back into the match he really took the fight to Team INSPIRE and the crowd thought an upset might happen when he nailed each member of Team INSPIRE with each of key manouevres a Shock-Driller (Double Underhook Piledriver), the Shock Treatment (Double Underhook Backbreaker) on Iesada and the Shock Kick (Bicycle Kick on Kikkawa) but each time the Team INSPIRE member would either make the save or in the seemigly unstoppable Kikkawa's case kick out. That so near but yet so far flurry from Toshusai would end up being the Burning Sekigiun's last chance at victory, as Team INSPIRE soon seized back control with Toshusai and Snow Lizzard quickly running out of steam and in the end it was an Iesada Bridge (Bridging Northern Lights Suplex) on Sanetomo Shiraishi that sealed the expectant victory of the dominant Team INSPIRE despite the brave efforts of their opponents.

Result: Tadiyukki Kikkawa, Tasuku Iesada [w] & Masaaki Okazaki bt Tadakuni Toshusai, Sanetomo Shiraishi [L] & Sessue Kawate in 15:08 by pinfall (Iesada Bridge).

Post Match Comments:

Tadiyukki Kikkawa: Does anyone, really does anyone think they can stand in the way of Team INSPIRE from dominating Burning Hammer of the Wrestling Gods ? I think anyone who does is clearly deluding themselves.

Masaaki Okazaki: We would have hoped that the likes of Shiraishi and Kawate would have realised fighting against us would have been a waste of time, we would have expected them to be alot wiser than this. Sure they gave us a good fight but they are wasting their energies !

Tadakuni Toshusai: Team INSPIRE ! You think you CAN keep us DOWN forever, well YOU won't be able to, because we WILL knock you off that high and mighty perch. Sure you won this time but that DAY will come, that day you FEAR will COME !!!

Match #5: Yasuhiko Taira vs Takayuki Onodera

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_YasuhikoTaira-1.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TakayukiAvatar.jpg

Once again Takayuki Onodera was looking to prove himself against someone currently holding a position in the Contenders Circle, of course the big powerhouse Yasuhiko Taira would be a whole different test to that of the calculating technician Masaaki Okazaki.

Onodera wisely did not decide to go 'toe to toe' with the considerably larger Taira, and utilised a hit and run strategy, which worked for about the first few minutes but Onodera was never truly able to get Taira off a vertical base and the mullet-haired big man ended up seizing control after connecting with a big boot. Taira then impressively showed his power by lifting up Onodera like a rag doll and tossing him overhead with the Samson Slam (Pumphandle Fallaway Slam), fortunately for Onodera he was able to have enough sense to roll out of the ring before Taira could capitlise.

Taira seem contented to settle for the count-out victory but charged Onodera off the ring apron as soon as he saw the plucky former independent circuit standout had made a recovery. In fact Taira then went out to the floor and proceeded to bodyslam Onodera on the outside before climbing back in an waiting once again for Yasuyuki Terakado to count Onodera out. But once again Onodera showed plenty of pluck and after delivering a shoulder block to Taira's mid-section and then a stiff elbow shot that rocked Taira back he was able to beat the twenty count.

Taira however seized back the control with a running clothesline for a two count, before lifting Onodera up for a vertical suplex but Onodera was able to fight his way free and then pepper Taira with a series of fore-arms but once again the big man was able to shake off Onodera's flurry and proceeded to toss Onodera into the corner before charging in with The Flattener but Onodera was able to move out of the way and then after climbing up to the top turnbuckle took Taira off his feet with a missile drop-kick. Taira rose immediately back to his feet but Onodera unleashed a flurry of strikes and kicks ending in a rolling elbow that managed to put Taira on the deck for a two count. Taira then tried to power his way back to his feet but Onodera managed to snare the Black Heart Brethren man into his 'LRC' (Arm Trap Crossface) submission.

Taira however simply wasn't worn down enough and far too powerful for the submission to truly be effective and after escaping Onodera's clutches connected with a running clothesline, Onodera showing fighting spirit rose back to his feet but staggered right into a fore-arm that left him stunned enough to be on the receiving end of the Typhoon Suplex (Rotating Vertical Suplex) that shook the ring on impact to seal the victory for Yasuhiko Taira in a very decent match but one where the crowd didn't really ever believe that the upset was ever going to be on the cards.

Result: Yasuhiko Taira bt Takayuki Onodera in 13:29 by pinfall (Typhoon Suplex)

Rating: B-

Post Match Comments:

Yasuhiko Taira: I suppose there will be those deluded enough to think that jobber gave me a hard test. That was a walk in the park, I was never in danger of losing a match to such a lowly and unworthy opponent !

Takayuki Onodera: I myself am getting a bit sick of being so close but yet so far, I feel like I am letting down not only myself but the fans...I keep promising that one day that big win will come but it has failed to materialise perhaps I don't have what it takes to compete with the very best here in Burning Hammer.

Match #6: Shimedzu, Miyamae & Sensational Dragon vs

Yoshii Shiomi, VENOM & Toshiki Shibanumo

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_Shimedzu-1.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_Miyamae-1.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_SensationalDragon-1.jpg

vs

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_YoshiiShiomi-1.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_Venom-1.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_ToshikiShibanumo-1.jpg

Whenever the Rebellion and Sensational Dragon are in the ring you are always guaranteed some decent action but their opponents relatively lowly status on the roster meant that this was never going to get the crowd going all that much and this was definitely something of a 'comedown' match on the card. To their the RAGE trio didn't just roll over for their more decorated opponents but the Silver Dragon Feet trio never looked like ever falling to the upset and in the end it Yoshii Shiomi being drilled into the mat with The Rebellion's Spiked Skull Drop that sealed the victory.

Result: Shimedzu, Miyamae & Sensational Dragon bt Yoshii Shiomi, VENOM & Toshiki Shibanumo in 13:58 (Spiked Skull Drop)

Rating: C+

Post Match Comments:

Sensational Dragon: Everyone is talking about Team INSPIRE, or the Black Heart Brethren even the so called standard bearers of this company, the Burning Sekigun, it seems like everyone has kind of forgotten about the greatest stable in the history of Burning Hammer the Dragon Feet...you see right here is the evolution of a legacy and we will rule this promotion once again !

Match #7: Non Title:

Hiroaki Nakasawa vs Masutaro Kataoka

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HiroakiNakasawa-1.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_MasutaroKataoka.jpg

Nothing more than an extended squash to showcase the current World Champion, with the returning veteran Masutaro Kataoka falling victim to the Sudden Impact Lariat in around five and a half minutes of virtually one sided action. The fact the crowd wanted to see the World Champion Nakasawa in action in any sort of capacity meant that this still went over reasonably well.

Result: Hiroaki Nakasawa bt Masutaro Kataoka in 5:28 (Sudden Impact Lariat)

Rating: C+

Post Match Comments:

Hiroaki Naksasawa: No disrespect to Kataoka-san but I know that the weeks and months ahead I will be faced with much tougher challenges, and I welcome them because I want to prove that I am the very best in the World and deserve to be holding the greatest title in the history of this sport !

Match #8: Junior Tag Titles:

Your New Heroes (Elemental III & Marihito Masuko) vs

Black Heart Flying Squadron (The Awesome Kiyaru & Golden Scorpion)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BHOTWG_JuniorTag.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BHOTWG_JuniorTag.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_ElementalIII.jpg & http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_MarihitoMasuko-1.jpg

vs

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TheAwesomeKiyaru-1.jpg & http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_GoldenScorpion-1.jpg

The Black Heart Flying Squadron earned this title shot by defeating Your New Heroes own stable mates Size of the Fight. YNH were somewhat surprise champions, given that they were, actually still are perceived more as more singles talents, but the same could be said of their opponents at one time and they have proved durable so far as champions. This would be the fourth time Your New Heroes had put the belts on the line since defeating the even odder pairing of Black Cobra and Super Joshuya for the titles in June, in what on paper promised to be a thrilling encounter would it live up to the billing ?

The match began with some chain wrestling exchanges between all four competitors with neither team able to really gain the advantage. Elemental III however did break through of sorts catching Golden Scorpion with a spinning heel kick that sent Scorpion out of the ring. That then lead to the trademark Elemental Space Flying drop to the outside....things then broke down a little more as both Kiyaru and Masuko entered the ring with Masuko sending Kiyaru to the outside with a spinning head-scissors before wiping everyone out with a springboard dive to the floor.

Back inside and Elemental brought Scorpion back in to set up for the Elemental Suplex but Scorpion managed to block that somewhat illegally by lifting his heel up into Elemental's lower extremeties, Scorpion then turned things round spiking Elemental III into the mat with a brainbuster, which earned a two count but more importingly seized full control for the BHFS.

The pace of the match then slowed down considerably as the Black Heart Flying Squadron trapped the fan favourite Elemental III in the corner, nailing the popular masked man with plenty of cheap shots. If the BHFS didn't resort to such tactics they would in all honesty be admired as much as their opponents, due to their slick flashy offence, of which one example the always impressive slingshot suplex/front flip senton combo brings a two count for the dark and mysterious pairing.

Several times Masuko looks to get in to 'help' his partner but his protestations only seem to make things worse, as Okura Umeki sends him back to the corner as Kiyaru and Scorpion make sure to get in more cheap shots. But Kiyaru and Scorpion actually get somewhat over confident and when Kiyaru goes for the Ethereal Killer (Springboard Shooting Star Press) Elemental III get the knees up, Scorpion then went to the same sort of well with the Golden Shot (Slinghshot Leg-drop) but Elemental III managed to move out of the way and then after gathering up enough energy to pepper Scorpion with the Tri-Fecta kick series and then a leg lariat for Kiyaru, the 'true hero' of the Junior Division slumped to the mat before scrambling to get the tag into Masuko.

Elemental III then got the hot-tag into Marihito Masuko, who being the fresh man was a step ahead of either of the BHFS. A Masuko Cradle (Bridging Leg Hook Belly to Back Suplex) on Kiyaru then a 'Pink Dust' Double Jump moonsault brought Your New Heroes close to victory but each time the other BHFS man was able to break it up and soon Masuko found himself running out of steam and being double teamed in the BHFS corner. A springboard leg-lariat doomsday device seemed to be the move that would see the belts come back to the Black Heart Flying Squadron but Elemental III was able to dive in at the last split second. From there things broke down a little with Elemental III and The Awesome Kiyaru taking the fight to the outside leaving Scorpion and Masuko in the ring.....Scorpion delivered a boot to the mid-section and looked set to drill Masuko with the Scorpion Stinger only for Masuko to block and then swiftly counter with the Masuko Cradle Shock (Swinging Leg Hook Fireman's Carry Slam) to secure a succesful title defence for Your New Heroes in a competitive encounter that managed to live up to expectations.

Result: Elemental III & Marihito Masuko [w] bt The Awesome Kiyaru & Golden Scorpion [L] in 19:32 via pinfall (Masuko Cradle Shock)

Your New Heroes make V4 Defence of Burning Junior Tag Team Championship.

Post Match Comments:

Elemental III: There are those who say that me and Masuko surely wouldn't be able to co-exist as a team, well we are sure as hell proving them wrong...we welcome all comers to try and beat us for these titles and if I so happen to add another belt to the collection in the time being, then we will still be up for defending these belts with everything we have !

Match #9: Main Event- Contenders Circle:

Kinnojo Horri vs Yasunobu Masuno

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KinnojoHorri-1.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_YasunobuMasuno-1.jpg

These two have been no stranger to facing off with each other down the years having had a intense rivalry for some time and with the chance for each man to further his claims for a shot at the World Title, there would be little chance of either of these heavy hitters pulling their punches.

The early exchanges began with some basic brawling with the fight soon spilling out into the crowd. It was there that Masuno was able to get in a cheap shot at seize control of the match, before sending Horri shoulder first into the ring post. Back in the ring and Masuno dumped Horri with a belly to back suplex for a two count. Horri then showed some fighting spirit and began to fire back but the Burning Sekigun man pulled up mid-flurry favouring the shoulder that was sent into the ring post and Masuno cut off Horri's comeback with a clothesline, Masuno then planted Horri onto the mat with a vertical suplex for another two count...before stalking Horri and then locking on the Masuno Deep Sleeper....

Yasuyuki Terakado looked set to ring the bell as Horri looked to be fading first but 'Mr One Million Per Cent Burning Hammer' all of a sudden got a second wind...rising back to a vertical base and then fighting his way out of the hold with a series of back elbows with his free-arm....Masuno then went level Horri with a clothesline only for Horri to duck under and then firmly plant the Black Heart Brethren man with a Fierce Spinebuster but Horri was too exhausted to be able to follow up with a immediate cover and both lay on the mat as Terakado applied a double count.

Both then staggered back up to their feet at the same time, before unleashing another flurry of strikes on one another....Horri seemed to be gaining the advantage when Masuno went to the heel playbook with an eye-poke and then a knee into the lower extremeties with Horri doubled over, Masuno set up for the Avalanche Power-Bomb only for Horri to block the attempt and then after firing back with a rapid flurry of fore-arms plant Masuno only the canvas with the Horri Spinebuster (sitout spinebuster)......

However getting a man of Masuno's size up and then down for the spinebuster, also took alot out of Horri and the Burning Sekigun man was slow to make the cover and when he did it could only earn him a two count. Again they staggered up to their feet and went toe to toe once more.....Horri charged in with a clothesline off the ropes but got pitched out to the floor with a huge back body drop from Masuno. It was then that Masuno went over to his corner and attempted to slip on the loaded elbow that had gained him so many cheap victories in previous years. However being an experienced ref, wise to these sort of shenanigans Yasuyuki Terakado prevented Masuno from doing so....and when Masuno turned round he walked right into a BURNING LARIAT ! from Horri that sent him crumbling to the canvas and with that Kinnojo Horri put himself a step closer to earning a World Title shot against his stable mate Hiroaki Nakasawa.

A solid main event due more to the fact that both are over with the fans, rather than the quality of the in-ring itself. This as expected was the sort of 'fighting spirit' brawl these two usually deliver but if they could vary up their game a bit more they could be having great matches, rather than just good ones.

Result: Kinnojo Horri by Yasunobu Masuno in 19:54 via pinfall (Burning Lariat)

Post Match Comments:

Yasunobu Masuno: I had you beat Horri ! You know I had you beat, if it wasn't for that meddling referee, handing you an unfair advantage, then there is no way you would have won that match. Because you and Nakasawa-san are Burning's hand picked golden boys, it is clear to me that the referee' around here and have been persuaded to be biased in your favour but I have shown before I can overcome this blatant discrimination and I will do so again !

Kinnojo Horri: A step closer to once again being the Burning World Champion but I know that I still have a long way to go before I can achieve that goal and as I said before if I have to go through my good friend Nakasawa-san to do so, then I will have no problem with that. I came into this sport to be the VERY Best, not to be second best to anyone.

Overall: B

Onodera's viewpoint: Overall I would say this was the more consistent and better show but the main event was merely good, and didn't really stand out over various matches earlier in the card, if anything the Juniors both in the Cobra-Optimus match and the Junior Tag Title match really stole the show in this one. I'm sure Kikkawa wasn't too happy about his match being midcard filler but to his credit he once again went out there and did a professional job.

Predictions :

<TABLE dir=ltr cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=12 width=419 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="50%" height=0>

Predictions League

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="22%" height=0>

Total

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="27%" height=0>

Last Round

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="50%" height=0>

FINisher

Sean McFly

The Celt

Zergon

Bigpapa42

Dragonmack

smurphy1014

Shmoe

N/A

Sudo Nym

N/A

Waghlon

N/A

Phantom Stranger

Apupunchauonline

Critical-23

N/A

jhd-1

N/A

jtnlange

N/A

Tweek It

N/A

MaxxHexx

N/A

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

We now have a three way tie at the top, though at this stage it's very close between anyone who got predictions in for both shows so far. Not as many predictions this time, but I'm hoping that is because the card wasn't all that hard to predict...more than likely first few shows won't be that difficult to predict who is going to come out on top in most matches. Only one which seemed to catch everyone out was the Pathlow-Joshuya match. I was very tempted to give Hell Monkey un-masked the win here but he's not quite over enough yet to do so and Joshuya did complain when I suggested Pathlow goes over.

Predictions :

<TABLE dir=ltr cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=12 width=419 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="50%" height=0>

Predictions League

Total

Last Round

FINisher

Sean McFly

The Celt

Zergon

Bigpapa42

Dragonmack

smurphy1014

Shmoe

N/A

Sudo Nym

N/A

Waghlon

N/A

Phantom Stranger

Apupunchauonline

Critical-23

N/A

jhd-1

N/A

jtnlange

N/A

Tweek It

N/A

MaxxHexx

N/A

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

We now have a three way tie at the top, though at this stage it's very close between anyone who got predictions in for both shows so far. Not as many predictions this time, but I'm hoping that is because the card wasn't all that hard to predict...more than likely first few shows won't be that difficult to predict who is going to come out on top in most matches. Only one which seemed to catch everyone out was the Pathlow-Joshuya match. I was very tempted to give Hell Monkey un-masked the win here but he's not quite over enough yet to do so and Joshuya did complain when I suggested Pathlow goes over.

Kinda missed out on this event (finals is a female dog, yo!) but i will do my best to keep up. And about the imaginary prize. . .I have my VIP ticket and backstage pass (signed by Jared Johnson, no less) framed in my apartment, lol.

BHOTWGPuroresu.com

The Contenders Circle (W/C Monday 8th March 2010)

In the heavyweight division with his victory over Yasunobu Masuno, Kinnojo Horri places himself a step closer to challenging for the Burning World Championship, Masuno mean while drops to the number five ranking and will face a challenge for his spot. In the Junior Division Black Cobra's victory puts him a step closer to challenging for the Junior Championship, whilst American Optimus will have to face a challenge match to keep hold of his spot in the Junior Division contenders circle.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/BHOTWG_World.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/HiroakiNakasawa-1.jpg

Burning World Championship (Hiroaki Nakasawa- Burning Sekigun)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/TasukuIesada.jpg

- Tasuku Iesada- Team INSPIRE

(2009 Super 10 Cup winner- spot protected until title match at Fire Dream of the Immortals)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/KinnojoHorri-1.jpg

- Kinnojo Horri - Burning Sekigun

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/YasuhikoTaira-1.jpg

- Yasuhiko Taira- Black Heart Brethren

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/MasaakiOkazaki.jpg

- Masaaki Okazaki - Team INSPIRE

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/YasunobuMasuno-1.jpg

- Yasunobu Masuno - Black Heart Brethren

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/BHOTWG_Junior.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/SensationalDragon-1.jpg

Burning Junior Championship (Sensational Dragon- Dragon Feet 2K9)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/DuaneStone_alt1.jpg

- Black Cobra - Black Heart Brethren

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/ElementalIII.jpg

- Elemental III - Burning Sekigun

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/MarihitoMasuko-1.jpg

- Marihito Masuko - Burning Sekigun

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/TheAwesomeKiyaru-1.jpg

- The Awesome Kiyaru - Black Heart Brethren

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/BlackEagle_alt5.jpg

- American Optimus - Dragon Feet 2K9

Love the Contenders Circle idea. It gives a degree of structure to everything, which is nice. I also think it likely makes things easier to follow for those who aren't as familiar with BHOTWG's roster.

I assume you've seen them, but Reaper has updated several of the Burning Hammer belts. Lovely work.

Great stuff again tigerkinney. I agree with BP about the Contender's Circle, really good idea I think.

Also, sorry I missed out on predictions - just started a new job so despite my intentions I forgot to do them in time. Next show, I'm going for 100%!

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Alts/TakayukiAvatar_jhd.jpg

The Onodera Diaries:

So my first two shows as head booker of Burning Hammer are in the bag, general feedback from Kaneko-san is that I have made a solid start and that he still thinks he made the right choice in making me head booker. Not sure if that's some kind of vote of confidence already, I hope his expectations were realistic for the first few shows, you never can tell what someone like Kaneko-san is truly thinking. Of course the real test will be at Fire Dream of the Immortals, if I am to pull off a great show at my first PPV then it may go someway to justifying Kaneko-san's appointment and to convicing Kikkawa-san and for that matter the rest of the locker-room that I was the right choice. Have actually seen very little of Kikkawa-san for the first few shows, but despite our differences in the boardroom, I cannot fault him for his professionalism inside the ring.

Some of the Title Belts are going to get an update at Fire Dream of the Immortals, personally I felt there was nothing wrong with the old belts but it appears Kaneko-san felt that some of them could do with an update. Hey who am I to argue, really I should be grateful that I somehow landed the position of head booker of Burning Hammer of the Wrestling Gods. I still pinch myself at night to see if this is just all a dream. Maybe one day I wake up in the shower, like Bobby Ewing from Dallas !

Kinnoki Horri really lifted the mood for my first show as head booker in Sapporo, telling some great road stories. He had the locker-room in fits of laughter over the time himself, Toshusai-san and Masuko-san went on a Karaoke Bar crawl the last time they were in Sapporo and the fact Masuko insisted on spending the entire night out with his face paint on !

BHOTWGPuroresu.com

BHOTWG are back in action on Monday 8th March at the Yamanashi Athletic Stadium in Chubu. The main event see's Team INSPIRE's Masaaki Okazaki clash with the Black Heart Brethren's Yasuhiko Taira in a Contender's Circle match. Both men had a something in common the previous week and that was scoring testing victories over Takayuki Onodera, now Onodera's conquerors meet in a clash that could put either man a step closer to a shot at the Burning World Championship.

One man close to earning himself a title shot is Black Cobra who needs just one more win to secure a shot at the Burning Junior Championship held by Sensational Dragon but standing in his way will be Junior Tag Team champion Marihito Masuko in what promises to be a thrilling Junior Contenders Circle match.

The World Tag Team Champions, The Behemoths (Nisso Yuasha & Kanishoki) are faced with a tough warm up match ahead of their title defence against the Raging Bulls on Wednesday, as they face off with the seemingly unstoppable Team INSPIRE duo of Tadiyukki Kikkawa and Tasuku Iesada. A victory for the Tag Team champions over the King of Fighters and Super-10 Cup winner would give the Behemoths and enormous amount of confidence and also increase their own 'unstoppable' aura.

Meanwhile their Team INSPIRE stable mate Mike Watson will face off with Dragon Feet 2K9's Shimedzu in a King of Fighter's rules match. Were Watson to win the match, then he would be in line to face his own Team INSPIRE comrade, Tadiyuki Kikkawa for the King of Fighter's championship.

Last week Yasunobu Masuno fell to defeat to Kinnojo Horri in a Contenders Circle match and this week faces a challenge for his spot, from Miyamae as both members of 'The Rebellion' look to score big victories this week in singles competition.

There will be an 8 Man War, as the Burning Sekigun quartet of World Champion Hiroaki Nakasawa, potential World Title challenger Kinnojo Horri, Takayuki Onodera and Junior Division veteran Super Joshuya take on the RAGE quartet of co-leaders Eiji Hamacho and Chuichi Sanda, Mitsnunari Fuganaga and VENOM.

There will be more Junior Division action as Tag Team mainstay's Size of the Fight (Kansuke Konda & Hyosuke Kokan) look to get back to winning ways against the duo of 'Universal Excellence' Barei Yasujiro and Haru Kurofuji, who have apparently now made their pairing official after an impressive showing in defeat last week agains the Dragon Feet 2K9 duo of Junior Champion Sensational Dragon and American Optimus. Speaking of Dragon he will be in non title action against Stone Yoshikawa, rounding out the main show card Golden Scorpion, John Pathlow, Red Panther and Yoshii Shiomi meet up in a Junior Division 4 corner survival with the winner of the match most likely putting themselves in position to challenge for a spot within the Junior Divison contenders circle.

Pre-show action sees Junior Tag Team champion Elemental III take on White Samurai and Tadakuni Toshusai go up against Tiger Fuyuki

Here is a full run-down of the card for Show #3 of the Burn, Don't Freeze Tour-

Burn Don't Freeze Tour- Show #3

(Yamanashi Atheltic Stadium, Chubu; Monday 8th March 2010)

World Contenders Circle (45 Min Time Limit):

'Representing Team INSPIRE'

Masaaki Okazaki

vs

'Representing Black Heart Brethren'

Yasuhiko Taira

Junior Contenders Circle (30 Min Time Limit):

Black Cobra

vs

'Representing Burning Sekigun'

Junior Tag Team Champion- Marihito Masuko

Special Non Title Challenge Tag (30 Min Time Limit):

World Tag Team Champions-

The Behemoths (Nisso Yuasha & Kanishoki)

vs

King of Fighters- Tadiyuki Kikkawa &

2009 Super 10 cup Winner- Tasuku Iesada

King of Fighters Rules (30 Min Time Limit):

Mike Watson

vs

'Representing Dragon Feet 2K9'

Shimedzu

Contenders Circle Spot Challenge Match (30 Min Time Limit):

Yasunobu Masuno

vs

Miyamae

8 Man War (20 Min Time Limit):

'Representing Burning Sekigun'

World Champion- Hiroaki Nakasawa, Kinnojo Horri,

Takayuki Onodera & Super Joshuya

vs

'Representing RAGE'

Eiji Hamacho, Chuichi Sanda,

Mitsunari Fuganaga & VENOM

Junior Tag Challenge Match (20 Min Time Limit):

Size of the Fight (Hyosuke Kokan & Kansuke Konda)

vs

Universal Excellence (Barei Yasujiro & Haru Kurofuji)

Junior Divsion 4 Corner Survival (15 Min Time Limit)

Golden Scorpion

vs

John Pathlow

vs

Red Panther

vs

'Representing RAGE'

Yoshii Shiomi

Non Title (Junior Championship) Match:

Sensational Dragon

vs

Stone Yoshikawa

Pre-Show Matches (10 Min Time Limit)

Elemental III vs White Samurai

Tadakuni Toshusai vs Tiger Fuyuki

Predictions Form:

Contenders Circle: Masaaki Okazaki vs Yasuhiko Taira

Junior Contenders Circle : Black Cobra vs Marihito Masuko

Non Title: The Behemoths (Kanishoki & Nisso Yuasha) vs Tadiyuki Kikkawa & Tasuku Iesada

KOF Rules : Mike Watson vs Shimedzu

Contenders Circle Spot Challenge: Yasunobu Masuno vs Miyamae

Hiroaki Nakasawa, Kinnojo Horri, Takayuki Onodera & Super Joshuya vs Eiji Hamacho, Chuichi Sanda, Mitsunari Fuganaga & VENOM

Size of the Fight (Konda & Kokan) vs Universal Excellence (Yasujiro & Kurofuji)

Golden Scorpion vs John Pathlow vs Red Panther vs Yoshii Shiomi

Non Title: Sensational Dragon vs Stone Yoshikawa

Tough call, but I'm gonna go with Taira.

Another tough one. Think I just like the lost Stone better.

Non Title: The Behemoths (Kanishoki & Nisso Yuasha) vs Tadiyuki Kikkawa & Tasuku Iesada

Talent wins over experience as a team.

Hiroaki Nakasawa, Kinnojo Horri, Takayuki Onodera & Super Joshuya vs Eiji Hamacho, Chuichi Sanda, Mitsunari Fuganaga & VENOM

Predictions Form:

Headscratcher so i literally tossed a coin up and Okazaki won.

I like the way you are writing his character.

This isn't FCW (non-title matches with run-ins). I see the heels taking this one.

Keeps the INSPIRE stable strong in their kind of match.

I like Miyamae and finally I can see him getting some due in a diary.

World champion has to look strong no matter what IMO.

SOTF is another favorite tag team of mine so they get my vote.

RANDOM PICK~!

Stone's not there yet.

Puro squash.

Easy win.

Predictions Form:

Okazaki seems like the third wheel in the Team INSPIRE. I expect Iesada to get the challenge at the ppv so Mullet Power gets the win here so he can job to the champion or challenger later.

Could go either way, but Cobra got the singles win last time, which makes him a stronger challenger right now.

Fat guys get squashed this time

Watson is building up to be the challenger for the KOF belt.

Shimedzu seems more likely to move on the list than Miyamae, so I am predicting another mullet power win.

You ride the champs coattails to a win

I actually expect SoTF to win, but I get a feeling they may be the gatekeeper team right now.

Scorpion wouldn't want his partner to one up him

If Stone couldn't go over Panther, he doesn;t have a chance in hell here

squashes

I like Masaaki here. Could go any way, though.

Duane deserves it more.

It's Kikkawa and it's nontitle

The drama of heel inter-faction war.

Black Magic stats in the circle.

Nakawasa and Horri? I like the Raging Bulls, but still.

Size of the Fight rules.

Pathlow needs a push.

Stone's still a young lion, I believe.

White Samurai is a jobber.

Tiger is a jobber.

Predictions Form:

Well you said on your roster review that Taira was probably over pushed so I doubt he gets a win here

Cobra gets a title shot

No way Behemoths go over Kikkawa or Iesada

You seemed to think higher on Shimedzu than Watson and after some time this might go other way but Shimetzu is still a midcarder while Watson is main eventer so Watson takes this one after hard fight.

Masuno will take this one

Two main eventers including champ on one side and zero in the other side so guess which side i picked

I go with more experienced tag team

Going with my favorite here though I wouldn´t mind Pathlow winning either.

Yoshikawa is an opener so no way he beat Dragon even on non title match

Thid one is probably the easiest to predict here

Toshusai for an easy win

Archived