USPW: The Battle for Prime Time

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jhd1" data-cite="jhd1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27058" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> And I'm glad you're enjoying the diary Peter, and the expert is definitely a fun character to write. Especially in this setting where he can be really over the top 'bad' but without going too personal or too crude.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> He reminds me of Brother Love.</p><p> </p><p> He's not being 'edgy' or 'different'..he's a very traditional heel...but it's so well written and it's such a clear character that you just love to hate him.</p>

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get your predictions in for the most historic night yet in USPW history...

USPW Stars, Stripes and Slams!

January, Week 4, 2010

Belle Bryden vs. Raven Robinson ©

USPW Women's Title Match

Belle Bryden has been waiting for four weeks to face Raven Robinson for the USPW Women's Title and in that time got a sneaky win in against the champion.

Will it be deja vu for Raven, or will Belle find that champions are once bitten, twice shy?

The People's Team © vs. The Towers of Power

USPW Tag Team Title Match

Shane Sneer's Towers of Power have claimed they are the rightful champions all month after beating The Hillbillys to get 2010 off to a flyer.

Which team will leave Nashville with the title, and which will leave with nothing?

Peter Valentine © vs. The Force

USPW National Title Match

A bitter rivalry has arisen between The Force and Peter Valentine, one that has seen the man formerly known as Jim be beaten senseless week in and week out.

With a shot at revenge, will The Force humiliate the Heart Breaker by taking his title, or will Valentine show his doubters that no-one else could hold the National belt like he can?

Chris Caulfield vs. Bruce the Giant

This match will decide the #1 Contender for the USPW World Title

Having been declared joint number one contenders way back in September, 'The Hardcore American' Chris Caulfield and Bruce the Giant have been in a brutal power struggle that will be decided tonight. One man will leave this event as the sole number one contender but who will it be?

Will Caulfield finally get a shot at the most prestigious belt in the business, or will Bruce ensure his path to immortality continues?

Tyson Baine vs. Enygma

USPW World Championship Title Match

Enygma and Tyson Baine have been at each others' throats all month and tonight they meet for the first time. With the USPW World Championship on the line anything can, and will, happen.

Will Enygma leave The Dust Bowl the way he came in, or will Tyson Baine make himself the image of the new Stallings era?

Plus, we'll see Nicky Champion take on Andre Jones in a non-title match, whilst Darryl Devine will have to face Java, one half of Savage Fury. The Oracles of Destruction have invited a mystery guest and rumours abound of a USPW debutant appearing at the show. See this, and more only on USPW's first ever PPV, Stars, Stripes & Slams!

Quick Picks...

USPW Women's Title Match: Belle Bryden vs. Raven Robinson ©

Nicky Champion vs. Andre Jones (Non-Title Match)

Darryl Devine vs. Java

USPW Tag Team Title Match: The People's Team © vs. The Towers of Power

USPW National Title Match: Peter Valentine © vs. The Force

USPW World Title Match: Tyson Baine vs. Enygma

He reminds me of Brother Love.

He's not being 'edgy' or 'different'..he's a very traditional heel...but it's so well written and it's such a clear character that you just love to hate him.

Definitely, and thanks for the compliment. I see him as one of those professors/teachers/lecturers who knows absolutely everything there is to know about a subject but finds the whole notion of having to spend time around people less intelligent a complete, and utterly incomprehensible, inconvenience. Obviously, I've then turned it up to 11 and added in fairly clear streak of nastiness but you get where I'm going!

I don't want to ruin anything but if you hate him now, just wait until he does finally step into the ring! ;)

Darryl Devine vs. Java

Would've done my usual reasonings but am busy at the moment. Looks like a great card though, and also, looking very much forward when when Mr. Lee or whatever you're calling him does step in the ring. Hopefully he's still a raging psycho, in complete contrast to his character.

Darryl Devine vs. Java

Darryl Devine vs. Java

Darryl Devine vs. Java

Belle moves on to feud with Alicia.

Non title usually favors the challenger.

Darryl Devine vs. Java

Because he is mighty fine!

Just a little bit of a shocker here to keep everyone on their toes.

The title was made for Peter.

Bruce wins the top contendership.

Baine wins but not the title.

Darryl Devine vs. Java

USPW Women's Title Match: Belle Bryden vs. Raven Robinson © - She's just better. And in this division at least, right now, talent counts.

Nicky Champion vs. Andre Jones (Non-Title Match) - Andre gets put in his place. Can see something screwy happening here though to bridge Champion into a feud.

Darryl Devine vs. Java - Tag man vs. singles. Although either Java or the other one has amazing menace, so maybe that could change.

USPW Tag Team Title Match: The People's Team © vs. The Towers of Power - I like the Towers, but your Davids alt makes him look much more like a believable everyman and not a poser. Plus the Oracles have a big part to play in the future and should be over enough to challenge right off the bat...strike while the iron is hot and all that. Feels more right in USPW than elsewhere.

USPW National Title Match: Peter Valentine © vs. The Force - Obviously

Chris Caulfield vs. Bruce the Giant - Bruce/Enygma always seems the way to go but Caulfield in the title scene would be much fresher in my opinion. Bruce meanwhile can turn a match elsewhere on the card into another main attraction.

USPW World Title Match: Tyson Baine vs. Enygma - Although I expect some kind of chaos involving T-rex breaking the rules and Justice being served.

Darryl Devine vs. Java

The title changes hands here, because it sets up both Alicia and Raven chasing her for the belt. Division could do with a couple of fresh additions though, because eventually the same four girls going at it, is going to become a bit repetitive

Jones beats jobbers, when it comes to facing some real competiton he will get found out.

Darryl Devine vs. Java

Opportunity here for Devine to pick up a win, because it does not like you're getting behind Savage Fury too much.

People's Team retain the belts here, because they'll probably end up being defeated for them by the Oracles.

Valentine will 'out-smart' The Force in what promises to be a hold for hold, counter for counter, catch as catch can technical wrestling clinic :p

Keep USPW's biggest monster looking strong

It will be the skin of his teeth but Engyma will somehow survive Tyson Baine to still be the World Champion.

Darryl Devine vs. Java

Nicky Champion vs. Andre Jones

Darryl Devine vs. Java

Cause I always hate Belle

Only because it is non-title

Darryl Devine vs. Java

Bid win for Double D

Gotta go against the grain here and pick a title change

I love the Force, but he won't dethrone Peter

Chris is a top hand, but The Giant is a juggernaught

Great match, but Enygma will pull it out

Darryl Devine vs. Java

I like Raven Robinson; however, this is the perfect spot to drop the title and keep the division "fresh". In the end, I'm guessing something crazy goes down though to keep Raven looking strong; maybe screwed over all together.

Andre is a great thus far but he's only really defeated 'old timers'. At this point, he gets a little snagged with someone part of his same generation. This could be a GREAT feud for USPW as two 'up-and-comers' try to stake claim as to WHO is the future of this company!

Darryl Devine vs. Java

Poor Java, You've turned into a jobber yet again. ;)

I think TK puts it best when he says that they'll retain; however, will ultimately drop the Tag Titles to the Oracles of Destruction.

Oh man, I can't wait to see how this match pans out from a grade perspective. ha. I'm guessing there's some sloppy wrestle from start to finish with Valentine getting the win.

Caulfield is a "Hardcore Icon"... BUT... Bruce the Giant is a "Living Legend"; and a 'world wonder' at that. So, even with Caulfield's pull, I don't see a victory over the Big Man.

I was really tempted to go with Baine here as I think his character would be a lot of fun to write. That being said, Enygma is still 'the man' until Bruce the Giant comes calling. If for some reason Enygma does lose, Then I could see him still hovering around the Main Event scene trying to get back to the Title.

Darryl Devine vs. Java

I think the heels go over big because USPW is such a traditional fed and it's more fitting for them to have the faces in the chasing role.

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Backstory/BackstoryHeader.jpg

JUDGEMENT DAY

Sunday January Week 4 2010

[On the final night of January, the backstage area of The Dust Bowl in Nashville, Tennessee was tense, a nervous energy mixed with raw excitement. The roster were all ready and waiting in the locker-room and with 30 minutes until the company's first PPV went live the staff and crew of USPW were dashing manically backwards and forwards checking every little thing for the umpteenth time. In one of the offices allocated to the Board, an unusually nervous Sam Strong and a slightly calmer Shane Sneer stood surrounded by an ever-rotating collection of staff...]

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/SamStrong.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/ShaneSneer.jpg

Sam Strong: Shane, are you sure that everyone knows what they are doing?

Shane Sneer: Stop asking Sam, you know they are – this isn't the first time our people have done this...

Strong: …I know but this is PPV Shane, this is different.

Sneer: This is the best card we've ever had, we've got the best people we've ever had – you've got to stop worrying...

[A knock makes both Strong and Sneer turn as J.K. Stallings Jr. and Gordon Wright walk into the room...]

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Backstory/JKStalkingsJr_alt2.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Backstory/GordonWright.jpg

Stallings: Are we all set then? Remember, we need to get this right the first time. Mess this up and people aren't going to be coming back...

Wright: The crew's all set, the roster are just awaiting your speech Sam.

[As Sneer left the busy office to check on Danny and Micky, three more young aides walked in and out, passing notes to all. Wright signed off on all manner of last minute checks before the last of the staff left the room and the three most important people in the company began to head towards the locker-room. As they reached the door all three stopped, wished each other luck, shook hands, took a deep breath and entered...]

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/SamStrong.jpg

Sam Strong: Folks, this is it...this is our Judgement Day...

Coming soon...

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Backstory/PPVHeader.jpg

<hr color="black">

Thanks for all your predictions, it's great to see some of your reasonings too. Hopefully the show will live up to the hype! Expect Stars, Stripes and Slams! to go live sometime tomorrow.

Also a big thanks to Sebsplex for allowing me to use the excellent GDS-verse render of Bert Rogers for Gordon Wright.

Quick Picks...

Darryl Devine vs. Java

It's Sunday January Week 4

Live in front of an audience of 14,386 at The Dust Bowl, Nashville Tennessee...

...for the first time ever on U-Demand...

...UNITED STATES PRO WRESTLING PRESENTS...

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Extras/StarsStripesSlams.jpg

Your Announce Team:

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/DannyJillefski.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/MickyStarr.jpg

Danny Jillefski and 'Mighty' Micky Starr

[The Dust Bowl, Nashville's finest arena is almost sold out, giving USPW their biggest ever attendance on this, the night of their first ever PPV. Red, white and blue is the theme tonight with the ring ropes, the banners, the curtain and the aisle all decked out in the American tricolor.]

Danny Jillefski: Welcome folks, you are watching U-Demand, we are USPW and this is Stars, Stripes and Slams! the most historic night in the history of professional wrestling. I'm your host Danny Jillefski alongside the legend that is 'Mighty' Micky Starr.

Micky Starr: Thanks Danny, lets get this show started!

[It doesn't take long for The Dust Bowl to come to life as a barrage of fireworks is followed by the entrance music of Hall of Immortals great, USPW owner, and wrestling legend Sam Strong...

Waving to the fans, slapping hands, and signing T-shirts on his way down the aisle, Strong makes it clear that this is no ordinary night for USPW. Once in the ring, Sam signals for a microphone...]

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/SamStrong.jpg

Sam Strong: How is everyone in Nashvillle Tennessee feeling tonight!?

[A familiar Sam Strong chant meets the mention of the crowd's hometown...]

Sam Strong: That's what I thought! USPW is hitting the big time, and we couldn't do it without you all.

And as our little reward, you will all see the greatest card in professional wrestling history...right here...tonight!

[An enormous roar of approval meets Sam's promise...]

We've got four titles on the line...

...we've got a number one contender's match between Bruce and Chris...

...we've got the greatest wrestlers...

...the greatest fans...

...quite simply, we are...

[The fans recognise their hero's intentions and shout out the answer for him...

U – S – P – W!

Before Sam Strong leaves, the camera cuts to the figure of J.K. Stallings Jr. in the crowd, a huge smile upon his face as he waves to the camera. The old gentleman sat next to him, unknown to most, is sat with a giant foam finger on his right hand...]

Segment Rating: A

Starr: He's right you know Danny, this is going to be something special!

USPW Women's Title Match

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/USPW_Womens.jpg

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/BelleBryden.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/VS.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/RavenRobinson.jpg

Belle Bryden vs. Raven Robinson ©

The hatred in these competitor's eyes was clear from the moment Belle Bryden stepped through the curtain. Setting off this event with a great action-filled match these two women collided in a women's division bout of epic proportions. The momentum swung back and forth with neither able to connect with a real impact move. Even after several minutes of the match neither woman had taken control, but the crowd didn't mind one bit!

With Robinson and Bryden both focused entirely on each other the referee suddenly flew between them, bouncing violently off the turnbuckle. Shocked to a standstill, they turned to see a monster of a woman standing over them...

Raven Robinson wins in 16:17 via DQ

Raven Robinson retains the USPW Women's Title

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/Gorgon.jpg

[A moment later Women's Champion Raven Robinson is in the air, suspended above the huge intruder in a military press. A roar from the mystery woman accompanies a scream from Robinson as she is tossed over the top rope, crashing painfully on the mats outside. With the battered referee signalling wildly for the bell, the unknown intruder turned on Belle, chasing her out of the ring and up the ramp towards the backstage area.]

Match Rating: D+, Segment Rating: D+

Jillefski: Who was that!? What was that!?

Starr: Beats me...have you ever seen a woman like that? She picked Raven up like a ragdoll!

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/Java.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/VS.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/DarrylDevine.jpg

Java vs. Darryl Devine (w/Seduction)

Java looked in great shape in this match against Darryl Devine, despite the mind games he has suffered at the hands The Oracles of Destruction over recent weeks. Darryl Devine put up a fine show and despite some high impact moves from 'Mighty Fine' all he seemed to do was make Java even angrier. After a couple of minutes the Samoan snapped and began a brutal flurry of attacks on the youngster that sent him to his knees. Sending Devine to the ropes, Java hit the opposite side and the two collided in the middle, Java's running headbutt, Greetings From The Island, instantly collapsing his opponent. The squeel of shock from Seduction went unnoticed to an unconscious Devine and Java's subsequent pin resulted in the victory.

Java wins in 5:31 via pinfall

Match Rating: D

Jillefski: I'd say Java is sending out a message to The Oracles of Destruction.

Starr: I think you're right Danny, but Devine looked pretty good out there until the end...

Jillefski: Being hit by that head would knock even Sam Strong out!

USPW World Tag Team Title Match

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/USPW_Tag.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/USPW_Tag.jpg

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/DannyRushmore.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/MickMuscles.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/VS.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/FreddieDatsun.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/DesDavids-1.jpg

The Towers of Power vs. The People's Team

The Towers' tag team experience really showed in this match as they took immediate control. Keeping a fresh man in all the time and isolating Des Davids in their corner, Shane Sneer's men set out to make this title match a short affair. However despite their best efforts, The Towers couldn't get better than a two count on Davids who seemed, if anything, to be gaining strength. When Mick Muscles illegally held Des in the corner, Rushmore saw his chance and went rushing in...Des ducked! With his opponent's both down Des dived towards his own corner...

...Freddie Datsun was in! Taking out Rushmore, then Muscles, then Rushmore again, Datsun was left the sole man in the ring as the crowd went wild. The Everyman kept on and on, growing stronger by the minute. When Danny Rushmore rolled out of the ring, Datsun turned his full attention to Muscles...Patriot Press! As Datsun went for the cover Rushmore tried to climb back in the ring but Davids was there and the two went tumbling to the outside. With Datsun still covering Muscles and their respective partners on the outside the referee hit the mat...1...2...3! The People's Team retain their titles!

The People's Team win in 9:58 via pinfall

The People's Team retain their USPW World Tag Team Titles in their 2nd defence.

Match Rating: C

Starr: Yes! The People's Team have retained their titles!

Jillefski: Although we are meant to maintain a degree of neutrality here at the announce table I'm going to throw that out of the window here and agree with Micky...take that Shane!

[The action cuts backstage to the USPW interview area. As always, the back wall of the room is full of USPW logos and in the centre of the camera The Oracles of Destruction, Ares and Zeus, are stood in classic Roman hero poses. Neither moving, nor speaking it takes a moment before the sound of shuffling feet is heard by the audience...]

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/HellsBouncer.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/TheGuru.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/ManMountainCahill.jpg

The Guru: People of the world, you have seen what the USPW tag division has to offer and you have cried out in happiness. The Tower shines out across The People, whilst those the work the land speak of an uncontrollable Fury.

But do not fear...I come to bury our enemies, not to praise them.

Ares...Zeus...crafted by time, crafted...by the gods themselves...

...they too have come to bury their enemies.

Be not afraid of greatness USPW: some are born great, we three...we were born great.

We have come to USPW...we have seen USPW...and we...

...we will conquer USPW.

[A manic laugh from The Guru signals the end of this interview and as the camera zooms out The Oracles remain stood perfectly still like marble statues of the deities of old.]

Segment Rating: B-

Starr: Erm...what?

Jillefski: It's The Guru Micky, if he's ever made sense I'd be amazed...

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/NickyChampion.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/VS.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/AndreJones.jpg

Nicky Champion vs. Andre Jones

Having faced off against an unarguably aging portion of the roster in recent weeks, Andre Jones faced a real test tonight against contemporary Nicky Champion. Once again Nicky Champion's experience defied his young age and he succesfully defeated his opponent in a little under ten minutes. Jones gave a good performance, and certainly one that will do him no harm, but it was Nicky Champion that took control from start to finish in this solid, if unspectacular, midcard match.

Nicky Champion wins in 8:51 via pinfall

Match Rating: C-

Jillefski: Just goes to show that having a title doesn't necessarily mean you are the best.

Starr: Jones should take a valuable lesson from this match and he'll be back - unfortunately.

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/ManMountainCahill.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/VS.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/CaptainUSA.jpg

Zeus vs. Captain USA

Captain USA might as well have not turned up for this match and it is clear to all watching that afterwards he wished he hadn't. Zeus systematically took the veteran apart, wanting to tear his opponent limb from limb. After a brutal five minutes, Zeus tired of the American Patriot and picked him up for the Colossus Powerbomb, his variation on the running powerbomb.

Zeus wins in 4:55 via pinfall

Match Rating: D

Jillefski: Only one word can describe that match...ouch!

USPW National Title Match

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/USPWNational.jpg

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/JimForce.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/VS.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/PeterValentine.jpg

The Force vs. Peter Valentine (w/Shane Sneer)

In an extraordinary, action-filled encounter both The Force and Peter Valentine gave as good as they got. Both men combined big slams with rest holds to great effect and the crowd were sucked in to this match from the first ring of the bell. Despite his lower back still wrapped tightly in bandages as a result of Peter Valentine's out of ring antics earlier in the month, The Force began strongly and his raw energy seemed to give him the edge in this tightest of contests. That wasn't the case for long, however, when Peter Valentine began to focus in on Jim's lumbar region. Backbreaker's, atomic drop's and suplex's all began to take their toll on The Force and soon enough he was struggling just to walk across the ring. Seeing his chance, Peter Valentine went for his Big Shoulder Breaker finisher, the Heart Breaker. Something was different in the execution this time, and instead of landing Force's shoulder on his knee, it was his opponent's back. A roar of pain was met by a collective gasp from the crowd as they knew this one was all over.

Valentine went for the cover...foot on the ropes!

...wait...

Shane Sneer pushed it back off before the referee could see it...1...2...3! Peter Valentine retains his title and once again Shane Sneer is the catalyst in his victory.

As we approach the main event of this historic night the crowd are moving ever closer to the edge of their seats and Peter Valentine and The Force put on the best match of either man's career. No-one could have expected a bout between these two men to be a memorable one but USPW fans may well remember this as the night Peter Valentine and Jim Force finally proved themselves to the masses.

Peter Valentine wins in 10:08 via pinfall

Peter Valentine retains the USPW National Title in his 5th defence.

Match Rating: C-

Starr: I never thought I'd say this after this contest but...what...a...match!

Jillefski: In all my years in pro wrestling I never have agreed with those three words more than right now!

[A short video clip airs highlighting the feud between Bruce the Giant and Chris Caulfield. The video recaps the two being named joint contenders back in September of last year as well as the various attacks Bruce inflicted upon Chris Caulfield.]

Segment Rating: B

Jillefski: Remember folks, tonight one of these two men will be declared the sole number one contender for the USPW World Title. That match is coming up next.

[In the USPW interview area, Jim Force is stooped awkwardly alongside Davis Ditterich. Suffering hugely from his match only moments ago, The Force is both bandaged and clearly in pain...]

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/JimForce.jpg

The Force: Peter...Valentine...

...you may be able to destroy my back...

...destroy my title chances...

….but you can never destroy The Force.

It took your master, Shane Sneer, for you to win this match...

...but one day...

...I...

...will end....

...you...

...Peter...Valentine...

[As the last gasp escapes The Force's mouth he collapses in a heap in the centre of the floor leaving a panicked Davis Ditterich to try and get a medic...]

Segment Rating: C-

Jillefski: Somebody get an ambulance in here!

USPW World Title #1 Contenders Match

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/BrucetheGiant.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/VS.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/ChrisCaulfield.jpg

Bruce the Giant vs. Chris Caulfield

'The Hardcore American' Chris Caulfield didn't even wait for the bell to get this match underway, storming down the aisle and sliding into the ring. Brutal punches from both men resulted in shouts from the crowd as each strike rung out across the arena. Caulfield looked good in the early going, though Bruce's inmmense size and weight left The Hardcore American to utilise strikes and running attacks rather than holds and suplex attempts. When Bruce began to fight back things went to the outside with The Giant throwing his opponent over the top rope onto the mat. Picking up Caulfield, Bruce ran him into the steel ring post cracking his back against the ring support. Not wanting any doubt about his victory, Bruce sent Caulfield back into the ring determined to avoid a count-out or disqualification.

With Chris now on the backfoot it was Bruce's turn to shine and with his much smaller opponent clearly suffering from the damage to his back Bruce took advantage. Lifting the fan favourite up Bruce hit a running powerslam, the enormous weight bearing straight down onto Caulfield's back! To the astonishment of the crowd Caulfield slowly got to his feet...wobbling slightly, he turned around...Giant Choke Slam!

A grin crossing the huge face of Bruce...1, 2...kick out! Bruce's grin was replaced by momentary surprise and then anger.

How had he done it!? Chris Caulfield had kicked out of the pin!

Once again, Caulfield slowly got to his feet but this time he began to strike Bruce, slowly knocking the Giant back. Hitting the ropes Caulfield connected with a clothesline but Bruce was still standing...a second clothesline started Bruce rocking...a third clothesline...missed! Bruce connected with a clothesline of his own, turning Chris Caulfield inside out!

Standing over his opponent, Bruce effortlessly lifted the broken body of Chris Caulfield one last time and, after what seemed like an age, brought him thudding back down onto the mat. The second Giant Choke Slam did what the first could not and three taps of the mat later Bruce was declared the winner.

Chris Caulfield in 11:45 by pinfall with a Giant Choke Slam.

Bruce the Giant wins in 11:45 via pinfall

Bruce the Giant is the sole #1 contender for the USPW World Heavyweight Title

Match Rating: C+

Starr: I don't believe it Danny! Chris actually kicked out of a Giant Choke Slam!

Jillefski: I think even Bruce was surprised at that...

Starr: He certainly took no chances with that second one. I don't know how Chris is going to get back up after that match!

[As the crowd gets ready for our main event a video plays quickly recapping the two month long feud between Enygma and Tyson Baine.]

[Before the match begins, Jillefski and Starr are joined at ringside by 'The Expert' Professor Stern who'll be joining the pair on colour duty. Stern gets a large reaction from the crowd, though it appears he's pleased to hear the vast majority of the fans boo his arrival. ]

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/HenryLee.jpg

Jillefski: Folks, we have a special guest commentator for our main event, it's The Expert Professor Stern.

Stern: Be quiet Jillefski, at least Michael here has stepped inside the ring. You just sit here, all safe and warm, and all you do is shoot your mouth...

Starr: Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember ever seeing you in the ring either Stern...

Prematch Segment Ratings: B and B+

[Even the Professor's reception is nothing compared to the noise that erupts when Enygma's music plays. It's main event time...]

USPW World Championship Title Match

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/USPWWorld.jpg

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/Enygma.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/VS.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/TysonBaine.jpg

Enygma © vs. Tyson Baine (w/Sheik Mustafa)

Our main event is one worthy of any event, past or present. Two titans of USPW meet in a match months in the making. In a match fit for such an occasion both men went all out to get the victory but the two competitors were so evenly matched that they cancelled each other out and, as is often the case, it took a little help from Sheik Mustafa to tip the tables. As Enygma headed for the top rope around the fifteen minute mark, Mustafa pulled the champion's left leg bringing him down hard on the top turnbuckle. As the referee went to remonstrate with the ringside manager Baine marched towards the corner...superplex!

Quickly getting back to his feet Baine grabbed the felled champion...Hades Bomb!

1...2...kick out!

Baine reacted angrily, jumping to his feet and protesting with the official. The ref's back turned, Sheik Mustafa slid silently under the ropes with the USPW title belt. With Tyson Baine distracting the referee, Enygma turned around just in time to duck under the Sheik's attack...Sheik Mustafa clattered through Tyson Baine instead! Kicking Mustafa through the ring ropes, Enygma signalled to the crowd...

...Enygma locked in the Enygma Variation! Shaking his head violently, Tyson Baine's face contorted in pain as his ankle stretch beyond it's normal limits. As Baine began to waver the referee knelt down beside him, getting into a position where he could immediately detect a tap out. With Baine getting closer and closer to defeat an unnerving sound hit The Dust Bowl PA...

Professor Stern: Now this is more like it!

Micky Starr: Oh shut up, Stern. What has this match got to do with Bruce the Giant!?

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/BrucetheGiant.jpg

[With both Baine tiring rapidly and Enygma closing in on the win the last man he wanted to see heading towards the ring was Bruce the Giant. As the referee ran out to try and get rid of the Australian he was brushed aside, slamming violently into the barrier at the side of the aisle. Utterly fixated upon the two men in the ring Bruce climbed over the top rope. Suddenly united by a common goal, Enygma released Baine and together they began to strike the intruder but Bruce didn't even flinch. Grabbing both men by the head, The Giant brought their skulls crashing to get and the two fell quickly to the floor. As a legion of referees finally came pouring out of the curtain and signalled for the bell, the tree-trunk arm of Bruce the Giant once again lifts towards the roof...]

No Contest after 21:53

Enygma retains the USPW World Heavyweight Title

Match Rating: C+, Final Segment Rating: B+

Jillefski: No contest! Bruce the Giant just got this match declared a draw...I just can't believe my eyes!

Stern: That is because you are a simpleton...

Starr and Jillefski: SHUT UP STERN!

Jillefski: Folks, I hope you've enjoyed tonight as much as we have. From myself, Micky and him...we wish you all a goodnight and we'll see you all on Tuesday!

OVERALL SHOW RATING: C+

PPV Buy Rate: 0.61

Phew, that one took a lot of doing, hopefully it lives up to the last four weeks of building! We're now one month down and that means we are at the end of prediction contest #1!

Congratulations to BHK1978 for getting the highest score of this show, 5/7. Nobody predicted Java to win, and nobody saw a draw in the main event - I'm hoping that means I'm unpredictable rather than a shoddy booker! All results will become clear soon enough - don't worry about that.

And now for our prediction leader board...

1. SWF Fan, tigerkinney, and BHK1978...22

2. angeldelayette, Eisen-verse, and The Mystery...21

3. smurphy1014...20

Well done SWF Fan, tigerkinney and BHK - you'll all be receiving a PM shortly. As you can see, this contest was extremely tight so if you didn't win this time around...well that's just an incentive to try again next month right!? ;)

Here is the only new alt for today's show...the mysterious...somebody...

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Gorgon-1.jpg

A million thanks again go to ReapeR for the amazing title renders for both the National, and World titles.

Last, but certainly not least, thank you all for reading, commenting and predicting - it makes this diary all the more enjoyable for me, and I hope it does for you all too.

Just so you know, the card preview for the next show will likely be up later today, or early tomorrow. Hope everyone enjoyed the PPV!

nice ppv i love the new belts already using them :D

They really are great aren't they!? I can't thank ReapeR enough for all his help (though I have tried :p).

amazing PPV, can actually imagine watching most of that going down which is always a good thing,

can't believe I came top either :eek: simply awesome :)

It was going to take a bit of a wild swerve from me to knock you off the top of the table, you've had a solid five shows worth of predictions.

Thanks for the kind words though, anyone who has written a diary will know that this is the ultimate compliment.

Great show!

Also, I can't believe I actually won something! Thank you!

Thanks BHK, you really did win! Having the most correct predictions in the last show propelled you to joint first so well done!

Having DeForest Kelley as your avatar is worthy of a mention too :D

Archived