USPW: The Battle for Prime Time

Nice show.....

Good way to bring in a new addition to the Women's Division, which as I said in my predictions needed a bit more depth added to it.

Also like the way you are not pushing Darryl Devine. Nothing against Devine, but in a fed like USPW he is the sort of guy who would be used to put over the talent-free hosses. :p

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great show, I really enjoyed reading it. You really have a knack at making your shows feel like an old school throw back; the backstage promos, the characters you're pushing - I really like The Oracles of Destruction and their promo on the show. It really reminds me of 80s wrestling and that exactly what USPW should do.

I know I predicted Devine to go over but as I was reading the show I was like...yep, glad he didn't. Savage Fury need to be kept strong and the build to them vs. The Oracles could be an absolute menace fest. With the People's Team and the Towers as well, there's the makings of a good tag division.

Nice show.....

Good way to bring in a new addition to the Women's Division, which as I said in my predictions needed a bit more depth added to it.

Also like the way you are not pushing Darryl Devine. Nothing against Devine, but in a fed like USPW he is the sort of guy who would be used to put over the talent-free hosses. :p

I'm glad you liked the new addition to the Women's Division. Gorgon definitely adds something different to the the four starting members which should be interesting.

I hear you about Devine too. It's not that I'm not pushing him per se it's just that, in USPW at least, you've got to have priorities and unfortunately the Peter Valentines and T-Rexs are just more fun and more realistic pushes.

Great show, I really enjoyed reading it. You really have a knack at making your shows feel like an old school throw back; the backstage promos, the characters you're pushing - I really like The Oracles of Destruction and their promo on the show. It really reminds me of 80s wrestling and that exactly what USPW should do.

Thanks Liamo. That's definitely my aim so I'm glad it's coming across to you as a reader.

I know I predicted Devine to go over but as I was reading the show I was like...yep, glad he didn't. Savage Fury need to be kept strong and the build to them vs. The Oracles could be an absolute menace fest. With the People's Team and the Towers as well, there's the makings of a good tag division.

As 'menace fest' is possibly the greatest description for an Oracles vs. Fury type feud I have ever heard (seen?) I may just have to work that in somewhere...if it were to ever happen of course :p

Right, now a bit of a treat for everyone (myself included) from a certain rendering maestro...

Freddie Datsun

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/FreddieDatsun_jtlant.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/FreddieDatsun_jtlant2.jpg

Surpassing himself once again, jtlant kindly offered these astonishing new renders for 'The American Everyman' Freddie Datsun. Needless to say expectations of a Datsun push may now be rampant, and will most likely be fulfilled! Whenever photobucket decides to update itself you'll also see his new face appear in all the old shows. Speaking of which the PPV is now added to the contents on the first page.

Snap! I missed predicting. Apologies.

Very good show. Gorgon is defiinitely a very interesting addition to the women's division.

Thanks BP. You didn't miss the predictions, in fact you did very well - you were second highest with 4/7. I felt that Raven, Cherry, Belle and Alicia, whilst complimenting each other well all come from the same mould whereas Gorgon is a bit more Kong-like.

Thanks BP. You didn't miss the predictions, in fact you did very well - you were second highest with 4/7. I felt that Raven, Cherry, Belle and Alicia, whilst complimenting each other well all come from the same mould whereas Gorgon is a bit more Kong-like.

Gah! I took a look through and didn't see it. I seemed to recall making picks, but didn't see them. Now I do - right after TK. I feel stupid but better.

Yeah, the powerhouse Gorgon adds a nice element to the division. Something different. Be interesting to see some mixed tags with her and Bruce together!

Get your predictions in for...

USPW American Wrestling

February, Week 1, 2010

The People's Team vs. The Titans

Non-Title Match

Having just defended their tag team titles against Shane Sneer's Towers of Power, The People's Team will face their toughest challenge yet in their match against The Titans. Banned from the company's first PPV T-Rex will be out for revenge, as will partner Tyson Baine whose title challenge was interrupted by new #1 contender Bruce the Giant.

Will The People prevail, or will The Titans simply crush the champions?

Giant Redwood vs. Chris Caulfield

Chris Caulfield gave everything he had against the enormous Bruce the Giant last Sunday and still came out second best. Determined to get back to winning ways, he won't be looking forward to the equally dominating Giant Redwood.

Will Caulfield fell his gigantic opponent, or will Redwood be the second man to come crashing down on The Hardcore American?

USPW Television Title Match

The Force vs. Andre Jones ©

Battered, humiliated and cheated – The Force will have a lot to prove in this second title match in as many shows against Television Champion Andre Jones. Having been unfairly pinned at last Sunday's PPV, the Board have allowed The Force another title shot tonight.

Will The Force recover from his beating from the Heart Breaker, or will keeping up with Jones prove to be a step too far?

Darryl Devine vs. James Justice

'Mighty Fine' hasn't been having much luck of late but facing off against an injured James Justice may be the match to turn his year around. After a mauling from T-Rex, The Dude missed the most historic night in USPW history and will want to beat anyone in his path until he can finally meet the man who cost him his moment in the sun.

Will it be Liberty and Justice for James, or will everything be Mighty Fine for Darryl?

Nicky Champion vs. Jumbo Jackson

Two understated members of the roster will meet in tonight's main event. Having despatched Television champion Andre Jones at Stars, Stripes and Slams! Nicky Champion will be feeling confident going in to this one. Jumbo Jackson, on the other hand, has had mixed luck since the start of the year.

Will Nicky prove himself to be Champion material, or will Jackson prove him to have made a Jumbo-sized mistake in accepting this challenge?

Plus, we'll hear Belle's thoughts on her title match with Raven and we'll discover what the big news from is Sam Strong regarding the size of the USPW roster. Catch all this, and more, on USPW American Wrestling!

Quick Picks...

The People's Team vs. The Titans (Non-Title Match)

USPW Television Title Match: The Force vs. Andre Jones ©

Gah! I took a look through and didn't see it. I seemed to recall making picks, but didn't see them. Now I do - right after TK. I feel stupid but better.

Yeah, the powerhouse Gorgon adds a nice element to the division. Something different. Be interesting to see some mixed tags with her and Bruce together!

No worries, it's easy enough to forget where you've predicted and where you've not - done it myself a few times!

Gorgon & Bruce vs. Anyone = pain, so much pain...:D

Surpassing himself once again, jtlant kindly offered these astonishing new renders for 'The American Everyman' Freddie Datsun. Needless to say expectations of a Datsun push may now be rampant, and will most likely be fulfilled! Whenever photobucket decides to update itself you'll also see his new face appear in all the old shows. Speaking of which the PPV is now added to the contents on the first page.

Great alt, but it does make the 'American Everyman' look more like the 'Latino Everyman.' :p

I could see The People's Team winning by DQ, but I am going with the more dominant team here.

The Hardcore American goes back to his winning ways!

But The Force wins by DQ so Jones keeps the belt.

Is this one even in doubt?

Nicky is the future!

Great pay-per-view, jhd1! I really enjoyed it! You definitely have a flair for USPW.

The People's Team vs. The Titans

That Titans will both be pretty upset coming away out of the PPV and this being a non-title match makes me think it'll be the big guys going over

As much as I love Redwood, I can't seem him beating Caulfield

The Force vs. Andre Jones ©

Tough call. I could see Force winning, clean or by DQ, but I'll go with Jones retaining

Straight forward win for the former champion me thinks

I'm probably wrong, but I've got a feeling Jackson will be picking up the win

If anything it'd be great if the hair was made a little more "earl-ish", nonetheless a great render.

USPW Television Title Match: The Force vs. Andre Jones © - Just because of unification possibility

Holy-wow!! JAVA BEAT 'DOUBLE D'? ;) Thats awesome, jhd1. I know it's really tempting to put Darryl over someone like Java, but honestly, the big-man needs some love. He's, by far, one of my 'dark horse' favorites in the Cornellverse as his look is awesome. Great to see! :D

Now onto my pics....

Non-title = The Titans win for sure. Plus, they have far more popularity than the champs. T-Rex and Baine are 'bigger stars'.

If Redwood wins; I'll riot. ;) haha

Just call it 'blind-love' for Andre Jones.

After losing to JAVA, There's no chance he beats James Justice. Plus, normally I would have gone with Justice anyways. A nice 'fluff' victory for the former TCW stand-out.

I could be totally wrong with this one, but, it'd be great to see Nicky open a campaign with Jumbo Jackson. Not really sure why other then the fact that it would give both of them the opportunity to flesh out their characters.

Non Title, so the monsters go over.

Caulfield gave it a good go against Bruce, he isn't about to lose to an inferior version.

The Force will win the match but not the title, as Jones goes all chicken**** and takes the count out loss.

Devine will continue in his role as USPW's resident glorified jobber, it's just a shame he doesn't have Cheetah Boy or Happy Elwood to pick up a win against these days.

Jackson wins this after some Sneer Corp involvement, to really kick off a proper feud between these two.

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Backstory/BackstoryHeader.jpg

PAY-PER-VIEW?

Monday Week 1 February 2010

The numbers were in, USPW had pulled a first ever PPV buy rate of 0.61. Going up against TCW's Malice in Wonderland was just about the toughest night the company could pick for its first showing, with the possible exception of running against The Supreme Challenge. Nevertheless, the decision payed off and with roughly 1 IVR point between the two shows, U-Demand and the USPW Board of Directors were extremely pleased with Stars, Stripes and Slams!

Bruce's match with Chris, along with Enygma's title defence with Tyson Baine were possibly the greatest matches in the company's history. Knowing that their work was cut out for them, Shane Sneer and his creative team were hard at it to make sure that this night didn't burn out not only the crowd, but his team as well. Keeping the high performance level up and consistent was going to be vital in this battle for supremacy.

One match that got everyone's attention was the National Title Match between Peter Valentine and The Force. Neither man had the greatest reputation in the business, but both proved they could perform when it counted the most and secretly, much of the dressing room, and a lot of people at home, found a new admiration for the pair. Not that anyone would ever admit to it, of course.

So, when the roster asked that all important question...'did anyone actually see the PPV?'

….The answer was a pretty solid yes.

<hr color="black">

As always, thanks for all your predictions. I'm aiming to get the show posted up on Tuesday, though a Wednesday delay is a possibility.

Awesome PPV.

Hopefully you understand where I'm coming from but USPW reminds me of those old Jim Crockett Productions shows on TBS ..pre-Turner buy out ..right around the first Clash of the Champions

It's just really good classic wrestling booked in a straightforward style.

Archived