NWA 1989: Tradition To Innovation

Wow. The Sting heel turn definitely threw me for a loop. I think it was done at the right moment and rather shocking (especially because Flair is the one you'd expect it out of), therefore it works. I'm just still kinda wondering why you kept the TV Title on Sting (not that I'm against it or anything) when you had the perfect opportunity to take it off him.

Dominant win by the 'Scrapers too. The Steiners are gonna have no idea what hit them. :D

NWA POWER HOUR*

Thursday Week 1 November 1989

Heels Always Listed First

Bill Irwin vs. Flyin' Brian

The Wild Samoans vs. The Rock 'N' Roll Express

Bob Orton vs. Steve Williams

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING

Saturday Week 1 November 1989

Terry Funk vs. Junkyard Dog

Dick Slater vs. Eddie Gilbert

NWA World Tag Team Titles Match, If Freebirds lose, they must split up.: The Fabulous Freebirds get a last shot vs. The Steiner Brothers

Non Title: Lex Luger vs. Z-Man

The Great Muta vs. Ricky Steamboat

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NWA POWER HOUR*

Thursday Week 1 November 1989

Bill Irwin vs. Flyin' Brian

The Wild Samoans vs. The Rock 'N' Roll Express

Bob Orton vs. Steve Williams

You know this is a great roster when guys like Orton, Slater and Irwin are in place to somewhat be JTTS...

Quote:

Saturday Week 1 November 1989

Funk has so much more left in the tank then the Dog in this rematch of id 80's feud

Im going to buck the trend and go wit Slater, because I'm hoping him and Orton types arent here just to be JTTS

NWA World Tag Team Titles Match, If Freebirds lose, they must split up.: The Fabulous Freebirds get a last shot vs. The Steiner Brothers

I loved the Freebirds....just not this version... Would love to see Bam Bam back

Trying to figure out which of these two I dislike more.... survey says: Luger

fantastic matchup, send them home happy... Although Muta could use a win afte loss at Havoc... Steamboat doesnt need the W...to beconsidered a threat... But we'll go w/ The Dragon

I loved the Freebirds....just not this version... Would love to see Bam Bam back

This is what I think is going to happen. The Birds will split up and Terry will come back from Japan and form the better version of the Birds. Get Jimmy Jam the hell out of here.

Nice to see the Sting turn! I remember when Flair turned on Sting in real life, and I was so pissed off at him, Ole, and Arn.

Oh and why did Sid have to get a win?:D

I remember the Flair turn as well. Well, not exactly remember it but I did see it youtube. lol. But I am glad that you liked the turn. It was definitely a difficult decision but I think it will pay off with what I have planned.

And Sid Vicious was definitely a misused talent. And you know me with the big men. lol.

Damn you, Lex, taking the intentional loss. You blew it for me, buddy.

The Fabulous Freebirds vs. The Steiner Brothers

With that stipulation, I have the sneaking suspision that you're trying to pull a fast one on us. You've got plenty of heels in the singles division, so you don't need PS out on his own. That said, you aren't going to be jumping the belts off the Steiners, after such a convincing victory. I'm expecting to see a draw here, so that the Steiners keep the titles, but the Freebirds can say they didn't lose, so they don't have to break up. We may see the introduction of a new Freebird, or I could be completely out to lunch.

Not only will this win send the fans home happy, it will also confirm the Steamer as the #2 babyface on the roster. With so many heels coming up through the ranks (Muta, Bam Bam, Cactus Jack, Luger), its vitally important to have somebody in place to line people up for Flair. Steamboat is one of the best doormen in the business, not only in this time, but any time.

Luger took the DQ loss to save his title. :D Better to take a DQ loss than to lose a title, right?

The Freebirds/Steiners match might catch a lot of people off-guard but I will say that it has some backstage implications.

And Steamboat is definitely an amazing athlete, especially during this time. Though Muta seems to be getting really good grades in the main event. Who's gonna win? Only time will tell.

I must admit, that big twist wrong footed me! I was expecting some Sting/Flair tension but I didn't see a full blown turn coming and certainly not from Sting! Certainly freshens up the main event scene though!

JYD is on the road to decline - there's maybe another feud for him to rub to but Funk still has something to offer - he's treading water at the moment though - waiting for something else to come along

Gilbert's involvement at the end of the PPV and the fact that the J-Tex Corp have been somewhat neutered leads me to believe Gilbert is taking the win here.

Z-Man is a makeweight - he's horrifically bland and I've no idea how you could write for him and make him entertaining!

Interesting turn of events and one that really freshens up the top of the card.

I am glad I was able to surprise you with the Sting turn. It may have gotten off on the wrong foot but I hope I can make you a believer in it being the right thing to do. This is definitely the big issue coming out of Halloween Havoc and I am glad to hear everyone's opinion on it.

Funk definitely has something waiting for him. Just remember, we are in November, meaning two more months (well, the end of December) until Starrcade.

The J-Tex Corporation has definitely had some issues here lately but who knows if their luck could turn around at this show or if they will continue the downward slide. Oh, wait, I know but I'm not telling. lol.

Hopefully, I will be able to write up the Z-Man in a way that elevates him in your eyes like I am trying to do with everyone on the roster. Maybe I'll make him an early candidate for the Rocky Maivia award...or maybe not. lol.

And, yeah, it definitely changes things at the top of the card. Maybe soon I should post a brand new roster list for everyone to see.

Wow. The Sting heel turn definitely threw me for a loop. I think it was done at the right moment and rather shocking (especially because Flair is the one you'd expect it out of), therefore it works. I'm just still kinda wondering why you kept the TV Title on Sting (not that I'm against it or anything) when you had the perfect opportunity to take it off him.

Dominant win by the 'Scrapers too. The Steiners are gonna have no idea what hit them. :D

I am glad to hear that you think the Sting turn was done at the right moment. I think so too but only time will tell if I am able to capitalize on it or not. It did get a completely successful turn as far as the game goes. As far as keeping the TV title on Sting, that was mostly done because he did the whole not wanting to lose to The Great Muta and I didn't wanna upset his morale.

And that was definitely intended to be a dominant win by the Skyscrapers. IIRC, Sid Vicious got hurt around the time of my writing and that was when 'Mean' Mark Callous came in to replace him. Hopefully history won't repeat itself and perhaps we will get a future match between The Skyscrapers and the Steiner Brothers for the NWA World Tag Team Titles.

And one question I have for everyone, what would you all think if I decided to turn off my owner goals? It is something that now can be turned on and off at will IIRC. And, honestly, I don't believe that Ted Turner was so much hands-on with the NWA/WCW like a Vince McMahon or even a Bill Watts.

Turn it off, I am not sure why you would have them on in the first place.:D I could never do a diary where I was restricted as to what I could do.

I like having Owner Goals on just because it gives me some structure and there are certain owners who I could see having a lot of control over what is going to happen.

But, honestly, I'd prefer not having the hiring restrictions, especially with the developmental promotion in place. lol.

I actually think this is THE time to turn Sting. IRL they never even ATTEMPTED it until the teasing in 96 about him joining the nWo, but that was after being built as WCW's franchise for so long that it literally took the complete and utter change of Sting from surfer to Crow to give anybody the possible idea that it would happen. In 99 Russo tried it and it was a complete failure because there was no way that anybody took Sting for a heel after being the face for so long, and nobody wanted to see it. TNA is doing ok with it right now just because Sting doesn't talk, and notice how after he finally did say something, the cheers started rolling along until he attacked Jeff again. Moral of the story is, in 1989, all of this had not happened. Sting had been built greatly yes, as he was on the cusp of winning his first World title, but he was not yet WCW's main franchise player. At this point in time, he could realistically become a heel and people could get behind booing him. So I am fairly interested to see how you take what history NEVER gave us: a believable heel Stinger.

Now, had you tried to turn Steamboat there rather than Sting, and there would have been a riot.

EDIT: Oh, and as for the owner goals, yeah, just turn them off. While I do like having goals on, some of the ones for stats are a huge pain when trying to run a diary. Or even a game in general on occasion.

NWA ROSTER

NOVEMBER 1989

NWA World Heavyweight Champion: Ric Flair

NWA United States Champion: Lex Luger

NWA Television Champion: Sting

NWA Tag Team Champions: The Steiner Brothers (Rick and Scott Steiner)

Main Eventers

Junkyard Dog

Ric Flair

Ricky Steamboat

Bam Bam Bigelow

'Cowboy' Bob Orton

Sid Vicious (Managed by Teddy Long)

Sting

Terry Funk

Upper Midcarders

Rick Steiner (Managed by Missy Hyatt)

Road Warrior Animal

Road Warrior Hawk (Managed by Paul Ellering)

Scott Steiner (Managed by Missy Hyatt)

Steve Williams

Z-Man

Lex Luger

Michael 'P.S.' Hayes

Mike Rotundo

Midcarders

Beautiful Bobby Eaton

'Hotstuff' Eddie Gilbert (Managed by Missy Hyatt)

Stan Lane

Butch Reed (Managed by Woman)

Cactus Jack

Dan Spivey (Managed by Teddy Long)

Dick Slater

Kevin Sullivan (Managed by Woman)

The Great Muta (Managed by Gary Hart)

The Iron Sheik

Lower Midcarders

Flyin' Brian

Ricky Morton

Buzz Sawyer (Managed by Gary Hart)

Fatu

Gorgeous Jimmy Garvin

Norman The Lunatic

Ron Simmons (Managed by Woman)

Samu

Openers

Jason Knight

Robert Gibson

Managers

Missy Hyatt

Gary Hart

Paul E. Dangerously

Paul Ellering

Teddy Long

Woman

Announcer

Jim Ross

Colour Commentator

James E. Cornette

Referees

Nick Patrick

Randy Anderson

Tommy Young

Road Agents

Dory Funk, Jr.

Nick Bockwinkel

Personalities

Scott Robinson

Ted Turner

Tag Teams

Midnight Express (Beautiful Bobby Eaton and Stan Lane)

Road Warriors (Road Warrior Animal and Road Warrior Hawk) (Managed by Paul Ellering)

Rock 'N' Roll Express (Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson)

The Steiners (Scott Steiner and Rick Steiner) (Managed by Missy Hyatt)

Doom (Butch Reed and Ron Simmons) (Managed by Woman)

The Fabulous Freebirds (Michael 'P.S.' Hayes and Gorgeous Jimmy Garvin)

The Skyscrapers (Sid Vicious and Dan Spivey) (Managed by Teddy Long)

The Wild Samoans (Samu and Fatu)

Developmental

Bill Alfonso

Bill Irwin

Bob Caudle

Brad Armstrong

Chris Candido

Gorgon Solie

Magnum T.A.

Mark Callous

Nitron

Ole Anderson

Rip Morgan

Scott Hall

Shane Douglas

The Dragonmaster

Tommy Rich

Bob Orton and JYD are Main Eventers? I would not have guessed that if you did not put that up there. I thought for sure they were both midcard or Upper midcard guys.

And I thought that Lex and Muta would be Main Eventers, I guess that is why Muta never beat Sting as it would have killed Sting's status.

I actually think this is THE time to turn Sting. IRL they never even ATTEMPTED it until the teasing in 96 about him joining the nWo, but that was after being built as WCW's franchise for so long that it literally took the complete and utter change of Sting from surfer to Crow to give anybody the possible idea that it would happen. In 99 Russo tried it and it was a complete failure because there was no way that anybody took Sting for a heel after being the face for so long, and nobody wanted to see it. TNA is doing ok with it right now just because Sting doesn't talk, and notice how after he finally did say something, the cheers started rolling along until he attacked Jeff again. Moral of the story is, in 1989, all of this had not happened. Sting had been built greatly yes, as he was on the cusp of winning his first World title, but he was not yet WCW's main franchise player. At this point in time, he could realistically become a heel and people could get behind booing him. So I am fairly interested to see how you take what history NEVER gave us: a believable heel Stinger.

Now, had you tried to turn Steamboat there rather than Sting, and there would have been a riot.

EDIT: Oh, and as for the owner goals, yeah, just turn them off. While I do like having goals on, some of the ones for stats are a huge pain when trying to run a diary. Or even a game in general on occasion.

I hope that I can truly make the heel Sting someone who fans can truly hate and get behind hating. I hope that you all enjoy it. As for Steamboat turning, that was a possible thought in my mind but I ultimate decided on Sting. Glad that you thought it was the right time. :D

And I did make the decision to turn off owner goals in this one.

Bob Orton and JYD are Main Eventers? I would not have guessed that if you did not put that up there. I thought for sure they were both midcard or Upper midcard guys.

And I thought that Lex and Muta would be Main Eventers, I guess that is why Muta never beat Sting as it would have killed Sting's status.

I was a little surprised when I started this thing and those two were up top but it makes things a little interesting up top, I think.

And I do think that it is the reason why Sting wouldn't lose to Muta. But I do have plans for the future for both men.

24 Hour Warning for Predictions for NWA Power Hour and World Championship Wrestling! I have received predictions so far from:

Beejus

BHK1978

Greg McNeish

nick21985

Ritchardo

MartinC

Lexa90

JudgeJuryExecutioner

OldSchool

Thank you to everyone who has predicted so far!

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/NWA/JeremyStone_alt1.jpg

[...I made contact with several wrestlers who do not have written contracts in various promotions and several have turned me down, either refusing to meet with me or re-signing with their various promotions. Those refusing include names like: John Tenta, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, Slick, Andre the Giant, Jerry Lawler and Kerry Von Erich...]

[...Bob Armstrong has taken over our developmental promotion: Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling and he has scheduled their first show to be MACW Never Again on Thursday, Week 3, November...]

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/NWA/WCW.jpg</span><p> <strong><span style="font-size:14px;">WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING</span></strong></p><p><strong> </strong><strong><em>Saturday Week 1 November 1989</em></strong></p><p><strong><em> Location: Moby Arena, Ft. Collins, Colorado (Mid South)</em></strong></p><p><strong><em> Attendance: 10,000</em></strong></p><p><strong><em> Overall Rating: B+</em></strong></p><p><strong><em> TV Rating: 1.52</em></strong></p><p><strong><em> There was a feeling that a number of the angles used did not reach the standards set by the in-ring action.</em></strong></p><p><strong><em> This show can be considered a success, it should have increased our popularity.</em></strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27350" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div style="text-align:center;"><div><strong><em>The Power Hour</em></strong></div></div><div><p></p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27350" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><em>In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Flyin' Brian defeated Bill Irwin in 7:58 by pinfall...E</em></p></div><p><em> </em></p><p><em> In a match that had some good action and average heat, Rock 'N' Roll Express defeated The Wild Somoans in 8:24 when Ricky Morton defeated Fatu by pinfall with a Double Dropkick...C</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Steve Williams defeated 'Cowboy' Bob Orton in 8:02 by pinfall with an Oklahoma Stampede...B</em></p><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <span>http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/NWA/NWA-1.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27350" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><em>Pre Show: In an extremely short match, Sid Vicious defeated Beautiful Bobby Eaton in 3:45 by pinfall with a Choke Slam...B-</em></p></div><p><em> </em></p><p><em> Pre Show: Ted Turner is shown sitting in the crowd watching the show...C-</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> Pre Show: In an extremely short match, Bam Bam Bigelow defeated Stan Lane in 3:52 by pinfall with a Top Rope Headbutt...B-</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> Pre Show: Missy Hyatt comes out and fires T-Shirts into the crowd...C</em></p><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <span>http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/NWA/NWA-1.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27350" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><em>[Last Sunday night several epic battles took place within The Pyramid in Memphis, Tennessee...]</em></p></div><p><em> </em></p><p><em> </em><span>http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/NWA/halloweenhavoc.jpg</span></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> [...It was Halloween Havoc! We saw Sting successfully defend the World Television Title against the Great Muta, The Skyscrapers defeated the Road Warriors in a Chicago Street Fight, Ric Flair successfully defended the NWA World Heavyweight Title in a steel cage against Terry Funk and then the unthinkable happened. Sting turned on Ric Flair and locked him in the Scorpion Deathlock! Several men came down to save Ric Flair and Sting exited the ring to end the show.]</em></p><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <span>http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/NWA/NWA-1.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27350" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><em>[We begin inside the parking garage where a rather large black automobile pulls up. The door opens...]</em></p></div><p><em> </em></p><p><em> </em><span>http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/NWA/sting6.jpg</span></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> [...And it's Sting! Sting is dressed in his street clothes, facepaint and black sunglasses. He has a look around the parking garage for a moment and then heads inside the building.]</em></p><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <span>http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/NWA/NWA-1.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Match #1</strong></p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27350" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p><span>http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/NWA/terryfunk2.jpg</span> w/ <span>http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/NWA/garyhart.jpg</span> vs. <span>http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/NWA/JunkYardDog.jpg</span></p><div style="text-align:center;"></div><p> <strong>Terry Funk vs. Junkyard Dog</strong></p><p> </p><p> <em>[The crowd was psyched for tonight's show, especially having just seen Sting enter the building. The fans were buzzing as Terry Funk and JYD came down to the ring. These two showed great chemistry inside the ring in what was a back and forth contest. JYD hit Funk with a big headbutt in the center of the ring and then picked him up for a big body slam! JYD bounced off the ropes -- Big Splash! He made a cover: 1 -- 2 -- Kickout!...]</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> [...Funk was obviously showing some pain from last Sunday night's match with Ric Flair. Funk took control when JYD missed an avalanche in the corner. He dropped JYD with a neckbreaker and then picked him up and hooked him -- Texas Piledriver! The crowd booed as Funk made the cover: 1 -- 2 -- 3!]</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Winner: Terry Funk (Via Pinfall @ 11:10)</strong></p><p><strong> Match Rating: A</strong></p><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <span>http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/NWA/NWA-1.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27350" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><em>[The crowd booed the win by Terry Funk as we headed to a pre-recorded interview...]</em></p></div><p><em> </em></p><p><em> </em><span>http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/NWA/paulellering.jpg</span><span>http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/NWA/animal3.jpg</span><span>http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/NWA/hawk3.jpg</span></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> [...This one was held by Paul Ellering and the Road Warriors in front of an NWA background...]</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">Paul Ellering</span></strong></p><p><span style="color:#0000FF;"> "Teddy Long, Skyscrapers, you may have gotten one up on my Road Warriors at Halloween Havoc but this is far from over. My Road Warriors are the most dominant tag team ever in the NWA. This is not going to end because some new team comes strolling in. All you two knuckleheads have is power. We've got brains, power and speed. At the Clash of the Champions, we are going to show you all three in a rematch. You take a look at these two men here and you tell me who can beat these two in a legal manner unless they had a gun. No one, that's who. That's why this match is going to be a regular match. Nothing done backstage, no pinfalls outside the ring. Just my Road Warriors doing what they do best: destroying people."</span></p><p> </p><p> <em>[...Paul pats his two men on the back and we head elsewhere.]</em></p><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <span>http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/NWA/NWA-1.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27350" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><em>[Elsewhere happens to be an area backstage. We are allowed into the dressing room of the man who used to be one of the most popular wrestlers in the world but now may be one of the most hated...]</em></p></div><p><em> </em></p><p><em> </em><span>http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/NWA/sting6.jpg</span></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> [...Sting has his bag on the floor and he's sitting on the bench looking toward a locker. He runs his fingers through his short, spiked hair and there's a knock at the door. He looks over to it for a moment and then gets to his feet, walking over and opening the door to reveal...]</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> </em><span>http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/NWA/rickysteamboat2.jpg</span></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> [...Ricky Steamboat?...]</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">Sting</span></strong></p><p><span style="color:#0000FF;"> "What are you doing here, Ricky?"</span></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="color:#000080;">Ricky Steamboat</span></strong></p><p><span style="color:#000080;"> "I have been trying to get in touch with you all week, Stinger. What is your deal, man?"</span></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">Sting</span></strong></p><p><span style="color:#0000FF;"> "What is my DEAL? You want to know what my DEAL is, Steamboat? Well, you're going to find out at the same time everyone else finds out when I come out tonight to speak to everyone. Until then, you can just get out of my locker room."</span></p><p> </p><p> <em>[...Ricky has a surprised look on his face when Sting closes the door. Just what has gotten into the mind of Sting?]</em></p><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <span>http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/NWA/NWA-1.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Match #2</strong></p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27350" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p><span>http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/NWA/dickslater.jpg</span> w/ <span>http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/NWA/garyhart.jpg</span> vs. <span>http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/NWA/eddiegilbert-1.jpg</span> w/ <span>http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/NWA/missyhyatt.jpg</span></p><div style="text-align:center;"></div><p> <strong>Dick Slater vs. Eddie Gilbert</strong></p><p> </p><p> <em>[This looks like it might turn out to be a better night for J-Tex Corporation as they already have a win tonight with Terry Funk beating Junkyard Dog. This was an interesting little match, though it didn't get the crowd support that the first match had. During the bout, Slater went after Missy Hyatt at ringside and Gilbert chased him around the ring! They got back inside and Gilbert ducked a clothesline but managed to kick Slater in the knee and trip him up. In the center of the ring, Gilbert locked on a Figure 4 and it's said that he was taught the move by our NWA World Heavyweight Champion Ric Flair! It didn't take long for Slater to give up.]</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Winner: Eddie Gilbert (Via Submission @ 6:24)</strong></p><p><strong> Match Rating: C+</strong></p><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <span>http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/NWA/NWA-1.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27350" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><em>[Another pre-recorded interview is shown...]</em></p></div><p><em> </em></p><p><em> </em><span>http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/NWA/cactusjack3.jpg</span></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> [...This time it's by none other than Cactus Jack...]</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">Cactus Jack</span></strong></p><p><span style="color:#0000FF;"> "Dr. Death, last Sunday night I had a dream. I had a dream that we were inside the ring and there was no referee. There was no referee inside the ring and I HURT YOU! I hurt you so bad that you were bleeding in the middle of the ring. I was covered in your blood and I ENJOYED IT! BANG! BANG! At the Clash of the Champions this month, I am going to make that dream come true. I want you in a Hardcore match, Steve Williams! I don't want any rules when I beat you up, Steve Williams. I don't want any referee stepping in to stop me. And, maybe, just maybe, by the end of the match, I'll kill you and truly make you worthy of the name Dr. Death. Bang! Bang!"</span></p><p> </p><p> <em>[...Cactus pokes that tongue through his missing tooth hole and we are taken elsewhere.]</em></p><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <span>http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/NWA/NWA-1.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27350" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><em>[Where that elsewhere is, is another pre-recorded interview. This one features NWA commentator Jim Ross...]</em></p></div><p><em> </em></p><p><em> </em><span>http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/NWA/jimross2.jpg</span><span>http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/NWA/mikerotundo.jpg</span></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> [...As he interviews Mike Rotundo...]</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">Jim Ross</span></strong></p><p><span style="color:#0000FF;"> "Good evening wrestling fans. Jim Ross here tonight with a top notch wrestler, a top notch athlete in the NWA: Mike Rotundo. Mike, you haven't been seen a whole lot here lately within this company. Some of the fans are wondering: what is next for Mike Rotundo?"</span></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="color:#000080;">Mike Rotundo</span></strong></p><p><span style="color:#000080;"> "I'll tell you what, </span><span style="color:#000080;"><em>JR,</em></span><span style="color:#000080;"> the sky is the limit for an athlete such as myself. You see, I came from a top notch school called Syracuse University. It's the best in the world at putting out amateur wrestlers and now it holds the distinction of having the best pro wrestler in the world as well in me: Mike Rotundo. As for what is next for Mike Rotundo? My goal is to someday take the NWA World Television Title in my hands. Why the television title? So I can defend it each and every week and prove every week why I am the greatest. Jim Ross, I say it every week and this week is going to be no different, welcome to Orange Country."</span></p><p> </p><p> <em>[...Mike pats Jim Ross on the shoulder and then we head back to the ring.]</em></p><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <span>http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/NWA/NWA-1.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Match #3</strong></p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27350" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p><span>http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/NWA/MichaelHayes7.jpg</span><span>http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/NWA/jimmygarvin2.jpg</span> vs. <span>http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/NWA/RickSteiner3.jpg</span><span>http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/NWA/ScottSteiner22.jpg</span> w/ <span>http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/NWA/missyhyatt.jpg</span></p><div style="text-align:center;"></div><p> <strong>NWA World Tag Team Titles Match</strong></p><p><strong> If Freebirds lose, they must split up: </strong></p><p><strong> The Fabulous Freebirds get a last shot vs. The Steiner Brothers</strong></p><p> </p><p> <em>[This was a major match here with far-reaching implications. If the Freebirds lose, they must split up. If they win, they get the NWA World Tag Team Titles. The first minute showed back and forth action between both teams as they felt each other out. Michael Hayes gained the advantage on the match and went for the DDT early on but Rick somehow managed to break free and send Hayes over with a Northern Lights Suplex though he didn't hold the bridge. Both men made quick tags and Jimmy Garvin and Scott Steiner threw punches at one another. Scott took Garvin down with a big Steinerline. He got the crowd pumped and signalled for the Frankensteiner! He sent Garvin to the ropes -- Hayes tags himself in! Scott hit Garvin with a Frankensteiner and as he went for the cover, Hayes caught him with a DDT! Hayes made the cover: 1 -- 2 -- Broken Up by Rick!...]</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> [...Rick dragged Scott over to the corner and he tagged himself in! He hit Hayes with a Steinerline! A big bulldog to Jimmy Garvin! Rick pushed Jimmy out of the ring and grabbed Hayes, bringing him over to the corner as Scott climbed the turnbuckles -- Steiner DDT! The double-team move connected! Rick made the cover: 1 -- 2 -- 3!]</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Winners: The Steiner Brothers (Via Pinfall @ 4:37; The Steiner Brothers retain the NWA World Tag Team Titles; The Fabulous Freebirds must split up)</strong></p><p><strong> Match Rating: B</strong></p><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <span>http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/NWA/NWA-1.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27350" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><em>[The fans started the 'na na na na' song for the Fabulous Freebirds as they must now split up as a tag team! As the Freebirds protested, we were taken backstage once again. This time following...]</em></p></div><p><em> </em></p><p><em> </em><span>http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/NWA/terryfunk2.jpg</span></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> [...Terry Funk! The crowd booed Funk and as he turned a corner backstage, he hit chest-to-chest with...]</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> </em><span>http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/NWA/eddiegilbert-1.jpg</span></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> [...Eddie Gilbert??? Eddie and Terry looked at each other a moment...]</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">Eddie Gilbert</span></strong></p><p><span style="color:#0000FF;"> "Great job last Sunday night at Halloween Havoc, Funk."</span></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="color:#000080;">Terry Funk</span></strong></p><p><span style="color:#000080;"> "At least I had a match."</span></p><p> </p><p> <em>[...Eddie threw the first punch! Eddie and Terry began fighting backstage and it took a whole host of wrestlers and backstage staff to break the two apart. As these two were seperated, let's head to another interview.]</em></p><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <span>http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/NWA/NWA-1.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27350" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><em>[Another pre-recorded interview set. This time...]</em></p></div><p><em> </em></p><p><em> </em><span>http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/NWA/garyhart.jpg</span><span>http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/NWA/greatmuta.jpg</span></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> [...With Gary Hart and the Great Muta! Muta crossed his arms over his chest as he looked toward the camera...]</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">Gary Hart</span></strong></p><p><span style="color:#0000FF;"> "Tonight my Great Muta has the opportunity to take out another piece of American scum known as Ricky Steamboat. Ricky, we are not even going to call you the dragon and these people shouldn't either. You are no Bruce Lee. You're just another American who has seen too many Kung Fu movies and thinks you're a real life tough guy. Well, tonight, you are going to be brought down to earth by a real tough guy. Tonight, The Pearl of the Orient is going to do the J-Tex Corporation proud. Speaking of the J-Tex Corporation, next week we are going to do a state of the company address. Some might be fired, some might be hired and there might not be any changes at all. But that's next week. Tonight is all about destroying Steamboat."</span></p><p> </p><p> <em>[...Muta spit some of that mist into the air and we headed down to the ring.]</em></p><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <span>http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/NWA/NWA-1.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Match #4</strong></p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27350" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p><span>http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/NWA/luger.jpg</span> vs. <span>http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/NWA/tomzenk.jpg</span></p><div style="text-align:center;"></div><p> <strong>Non Title</strong></p><p><strong> Lex Luger vs. Z-Man</strong></p><p> </p><p> <em>[A non title match here though Luger did lose last Sunday at Halloween Havoc. He gave Ricky Steamboat a belt shot. But he looks to do better here against Z-Man. Luger dominated the early portions of the bout, using his power on Zenk. Luger focused on the back with a backbreaker and knee shots directly to the back. He sent Z-Man into the ropes -- Powerslam! Luger got up and yelled at the crowd, who booed him in return. Luger went over to Z-Man and picked him up but Z-Man threw some punches in there! Luger was surprised by this sudden burst of offense! Z-Man dropped Luger with a dropkick out of nowhere! Z-Man made a cover: 1 -- 2 -- Kickout! Luger powered out of that pinfall attempt! Luger got up and dodged a Superkick, picking up Z-Man but Z-Man slipped behind him! Z-Man rolled Luger up: 1 -- 2 -- 3!]</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Winner: Z-Man (Via Pinfall @ 6:01)</strong></p><p><strong> Match Rating: C+</strong></p><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <span>http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/NWA/NWA-1.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Match #5</strong></p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27350" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p><span>http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/NWA/greatmuta.jpg</span> w/ <span>http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/NWA/garyhart.jpg</span> vs. <span>http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/NWA/RickySteamboat3.jpg</span></p><div style="text-align:center;"></div><p> <strong>The Great Muta vs. Ricky Steamboat</strong></p><p> </p><p> <em>[The fans were shocked by the ending of that last match with Z-Man pinning Luger in a non title match. However, they were moreso ready for this main event contest between two men who use speed as a definite weapon. The crowd booed when 'The Pearl of the Orient' The Great Muta was brought out by Gary Hart but a definite cheer came out for the perennial fan favorite: Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat! The match began with a feeling out process between the two wrestlers, circling each other and then locking up. Steamboat pushed Muta into a corner but Muta reversed things in the corner as referee Nick Patrick tried to step between them. It was a clean break and the two met in the center of the ring where Muta started throwing some kicks to the shins. Steamboat ducked down a moment and Muta caught him with a chop to the top of the head! Muta took down Steamboat with a hard body slam and then bounced off the ropes -- elbow drop! Muta made a cover: 1 -- 2 -- Kickout!...]</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> [...Muta maintained control within the next few minutes as the crowd began a 'Dragon' chant! Gary Hart covered his ears and that just made the chant even louder. Muta sent Steamboat for the ride into the turnbuckle. He hit a handspring backflip -- nobody home! Muta went crashing into the turnbuckle as Steamboat moved out of the way. Muta was taken down with a deep armdrag by Steamboat! A dropkick made Muta exit the ring quickly. But he's not even safe there as Steamboat bounced off the ropes and came flying with a cross body over the top rope to the outside! Both men crashed and burned on the floor but Steamboat was the first man to his feet. Steamboat rolled Muta into the ring and then climbed the turnbuckles -- flying elbowdrop -- missed! Muta rolled out of the way!...]</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> [...Muta had regained the advantage and held it against Steamboat, taking him down with a Dragon Suplex and bridge: 1 -- 2 -- Kickout! Steamboat was not about to be pinned there! Muta picked up Steamboat and body slammed him near the corner. Muta climbed the turnbuckles -- Moonsault -- Steamboat got the knees up! The Moonsault sent Muta's chest right against Steamboat's knees! The crowd cheered on Ricky Steamboat as both men slowly moved to their feet! They began exchanging chops back and forth in the center of the ring. Steamboat started gaining the advantage and Gary Hart jumped on the apron! Steamboat saw this and moved over toward him but was hit from behind by Muta! Hart jumped down and Muta tossed Steamboat over the top rope to the -- wait, Steamboat held onto the top rope! He flipped himself back inside the ring from the outside! Muta had his back turned! Steamboat goes up top while Gary Hart tries to get Muta's attention! Muta turns -- Flying Body Press! Steamboat hooks the leg: 1 -- 2 -- 3!]</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Winner: Ricky Steamboat (Via Pinfall @ 11:42)</strong></p><p><strong> Match Rating: A</strong></p><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <span>http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/NWA/NWA-1.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27350" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><em>[That was a hard-fought victory for Ricky Steamboat though he may be a little distracted by his friend's turn last Sunday at Halloween Havoc. When the ring was cleared, some familiar music begin to play. This was music that used to get the crowd excited but now they are raining boos...]</em></p></div><p><em> </em></p><p><em> </em><span>http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/NWA/sting6.jpg</span></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> [...Sting came walking out of the back wearing the black shades with his face painted and wearing black street clothes. Sting enters the ring and he is handed a microphone. The camera zooms in on a sign, reading: 'Why Sting Why?'...]</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">Sting</span></strong></p><p><span style="color:#0000FF;"> "Ever since the end of Sunday night and Halloween Havoc, I have been getting the same question over and over again: Why Sting Why? Why did you turn on your friend, Sting? Why did you attack Ric Flair and put him in the Scorpion Deathlock? Well, I'm here to tell you, tonight, exactly why I did that because I have a few reasons. First off, everyone here knows about Ric Flair's past history. Ric Flair has never been a man that you could trust. He would turn on people on a dime if it would help his career. I know that and everyone here knows that. So I figured I better turn on Ric Flair before Ric Flair turns on me."</span></p><p> </p><p> <em>[...The crowd boos that reasoning as they seem to have more faith in Flair than Sting does...]</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">Sting</span></strong></p><p><span style="color:#0000FF;"> "The second reason that I turned on Ric Flair and this one may be even more important than the first is that Ric Flair is the NWA World Heavyweight Champion. He is the man with the gold belt and to be honest I'd like a fair shot at that belt but I wasn't going to get it while I was still listening to all of you fans. Now that I have gone into business for myself I have gone to the NWA Championship Committee. I asked them what I have to do to prove that I am worthy of an NWA World Heavyweight title shot. The first thing they told me is that I need to vacate the NWA World Television Title. So, that's done. The belt went back to them. The second thing is that at Clash of the Champions we are going to have a number one contender match for a title shot at Starrcade. That match is going to be between myself and...Ricky Steamboat.</span></p><p> </p><p> <em>[...The crowd broke into cheers at the mention of Ricky Steamboat...]</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">Sting</span></strong></p><p><span style="color:#0000FF;"> "But don't get your hopes up. That man has NO GUTS! He doesn't have the drive that I have to get to the top of this business. If he did, then he would have already done what I did to Ric Flair. He would have already..."</span></p><p> </p><p> <em>[...Sting's words were stopped when the theme to 2001: A Space Odyssey began to play. Sting shook his head a moment but the roof blew off this place with cheers...]</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> </em><span>http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/NWA/ricflairc.jpg</span></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> [...A 'Flair, Flair, Flair' chant broke out even before the man walked out from the back. Ric Flair was dressed in a suit with the NWA World Heavyweight Title around his waist. He entered the ring and was given his own microphone...]</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="color:#000080;">Ric Flair</span></strong></p><p><span style="color:#000080;"> "First of all, Stinger, if you wanted a title shot then all you had to do was ask. You didn't have to go through all of this attacking me after a match to get a shot at my title. I am a fighting champion and I'll take on any and all comers for this belt. But you did what you did and now you've got to pay for your actions, Sting."</span></p><p> </p><p> <em>[...Ric began taking off his coat but Sting took a step back...]</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">Sting</span></strong></p><p><span style="color:#0000FF;"> "Whoa, whoa, whoa Ric, you see it's not that simple. It's not that easy. You see, the Championship Committee also gave me something to share with you. They don't want to risk anything happening to the Starrcade main event. So unless we are in a match together they have stated that I can't touch you, you can't touch me, I can't touch Ricky, Ricky can't touch me and the two of you can't fight either. If that happens, then either myself or Ricky will be stripped of our status and you will be stripped of the NWA World Heavyweight Title. So we just have to wait right here until Starrcade and then I can legally beat you for the NWA World Heavyweight Title. Until then, Ric, it's not showtime just quite yet."</span></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="color:#000080;">Ric Flair</span></strong></p><p><span style="color:#000080;"> "That's fine, Sting, but remember: to be the man, you have to beat the man. And right now whether you like it or not Ric Flair is the best thing going today. Whoooooo!"</span></p><p> </p><p> <em>[...Ric and Sting go nose-to-nose in the center of the ring, almost touching but not quite. And this is where the show ends! We'll see you next week!]</em></p><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote></div><p></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27350" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:ARIAL;">No perfect scores this time around but we did have two people get 7/8! Congratulations to Beejus and BHK1978!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:ARIAL;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:ARIAL;"> </span><span style="font-family:ARIAL;"><strong>Leader</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:ARIAL;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:ARIAL;"> </span><span style="font-family:ARIAL;"><strong>1. BHK1978=81 Wins</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:ARIAL;"> 2. Lexa90=79 Wins</span></p><p><span style="font-family:ARIAL;"> 3. Greg McNeish=64 Wins</span></p><p><span style="font-family:ARIAL;"> 4. jhd1=63 Wins</span></p><p><span style="font-family:ARIAL;"> 5. Ritchardo=61 Wins</span></p><p><span style="font-family:ARIAL;"> 6. Beejus=46 Wins</span></p><p><span style="font-family:ARIAL;"> 7. nick21985=42 Wins</span></p><p><span style="font-family:ARIAL;"> 8. MartinC=20 Wins</span></p><p><span style="font-family:ARIAL;"> 9. smurphy1014=19 Wins</span></p><p><span style="font-family:ARIAL;"> Destiny=19 Wins </span></p><p><span style="font-family:ARIAL;"> 11. JudgeJuryExecutioner=18 Wins</span></p><p><span style="font-family:ARIAL;"> 12. MattitudeV2=17 Wins</span></p><p><span style="font-family:ARIAL;"> 13. ColtCabana=15 Wins</span></p><p><span style="font-family:ARIAL;"> 14. Huntman=14 Wins</span></p><p><span style="font-family:ARIAL;"> Bigpapa42=14 Wins</span></p><p><span style="font-family:ARIAL;"> 16. olympia=11 Wins</span></p><p><span style="font-family:ARIAL;"> OldSchool=11 Wins</span></p><p><span style="font-family:ARIAL;"> 18. SWF Fan=10 Wins</span></p><p><span style="font-family:ARIAL;"> 19. BYU 14=7 Wins</span></p><p><span style="font-family:ARIAL;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:ARIAL;"> This prediction contest will last until the end of the in-game year and then will return to the regular 3 month rotation.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:ARIAL;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:ARIAL;"> Thanks again to everyone who's predicted so far! The predictions and comments really do help make this diary fun and worthwhile!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:ARIAL;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:ARIAL;"> And a special thank you to all of the real world picture cutters and designers. They really do help each and every diary look that much more authentic!</span></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> ...</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27350" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><em><span style="text-decoration:underline;">NWA POWER HOUR*</span></em></strong></p><p><strong><em><span style="text-decoration:underline;"> Thursday Week 2 November 1989</span></em></strong></p><p><strong><em><span style="text-decoration:underline;"> Heels Always Listed First</span></em></strong></p><p> </p><p> <span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong><em>Michael Hayes vs. Steve Williams</em></strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong><em> Dick Slater vs. Flyin' Brian</em></strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong><em> Bob Orton vs. Z-Man</em></strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong><em> </em></strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong><em> *NOTE: NWA Power Hour predictions WILL count toward the prediction contest. However, it will not be given a full writeup as it is a B-Show.</em></strong></span></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27350" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><em><span style="text-decoration:underline;">WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING</span></em></strong></p><p><strong><em><span style="text-decoration:underline;"> Saturday Week 2 November 1989</span></em></strong></p><p><strong><em><span style="text-decoration:underline;"> Heels Always Listed First</span></em></strong></p><p> </p><p> <span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong><em>NWA World Television Title Tournament, Round 1: The Iron Sheik vs. Steve Williams</em></strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong><em> NWA World Television Title Tournament, Round 1: The Great Muta vs. Bobby Eaton</em></strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong><em> Michael Hayes vs. Z-Man</em></strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong><em> Dick Slater vs. Ricky Steamboat</em></strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong><em> Non Title: Kevin Sullivan vs. Ric Flair</em></strong></span></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> ...</p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Greg McNeish" data-cite="Greg McNeish" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27350" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>All right. Gotta love the Bullet taking over the development territory. I guess this means his kids will get a good shot at greatness.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong><em>It did make me smile when I saw who took over the developmental territory. Even moreso when I saw that his son Brad Armstrong was listed as a main eventer.</em></strong></p></div><p></p><p></p>

<p>Michael Hayes vs. <strong>Steve Williams</strong></p><p>

<em>This is the toughest match to call on either show. I'm going to go with Dr. Death, simply because he needs to stay hot for Foley. This could definitely go either way, though.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Dick Slater vs. <strong>Flyin' Brian</strong></p><p>

<em>Pillman continues his rise, as it appears you want him to be in a position to get into storylines, sooner than later.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Bob Orton vs. <strong>Z-Man</strong></p><p>

<em>Despite my protests, you seem to have big things planned for Zenk. I think it's the "Z" thing. I'm Canadian, so "Zed-Man" just doesn't work for me.</em></p><p> </p><p>

----------------------</p><p> </p><p>

NWA World Television Title Tournament, Round 1: The Iron Sheik vs. <strong>Steve Williams</strong></p><p>

<em>Sorry, Sheiky baby, but you're not humbling anyone today.</em></p><p> </p><p>

NWA World Television Title Tournament, Round 1: <strong>The Great Muta</strong> vs. Bobby Eaton</p><p>

<em>Muta has got to be the early favourite in this tournament. He has been pulling absolutely monsterous ratings, and would do such great things with the TV belt. Only thing that would stop him is if you want to elevate him further.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Michael Hayes</strong> vs. Z-Man</p><p>

<em>Hayes is the Freebird that is most ready to do something interesting. Time for PS to show that he's a swingin' single.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Dick Slater vs. <strong>Ricky Steamboat</strong></p><p>

<em>Yeah, this one's in doubt....</em></p><p> </p><p>

Non Title: Kevin Sullivan vs. <strong>Ric Flair</strong></p><p>

<em>Poor Sullivan. Not only is he jobbing to the Champ, but they aren't even humouring him by putting the belt on the line.</em></p>

<p>NWA POWER HOUR*</p><p>

Thursday Week 2 November 1989</p><p>

Heels Always Listed First</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Michael Hayes</strong> vs. Steve Williams</p><p>

<strong>Bob Orton</strong> vs. Z-Man</p><p> </p><p>

*NOTE: NWA Power Hour predictions WILL count toward the prediction contest. However, it will not be given a full writeup as it is a B-Show. </p><p> </p><p>

Quote:</p><p>

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING</p><p>

Saturday Week 2 November 1989</p><p>

NWA World Television Title Tournament, Round 1: <strong>The Iron Sheik</strong> vs. Steve Williams</p><p>

NWA World Television Title Tournament, Round 1: The Great Muta vs. <strong>Bobby Eaton</strong></p><p>

Non Title: Kevin Sullivan vs. <strong>Ric Flair</strong></p>

<p>NWA POWER HOUR*</p><p>

Thursday Week 2 November 1989</p><p>

<strong>Michael Hayes</strong> vs. Steve Williams</p><p>

<strong>Bob Orton</strong> vs. Z-Man</p><p> </p><p>

*NOTE: NWA Power Hour predictions WILL count toward the prediction contest. However, it will not be given a full writeup as it is a B-Show. </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING</p><p>

Saturday Week 2 November 1989</p><p>

NWA World Television Title Tournament, Round 1: The Iron Sheik vs. <strong>Steve Williams</strong></p><p>

NWA World Television Title Tournament, Round 1: <strong>The Great Muta</strong> vs. Bobby Eaton</p><p>

Non Title: Kevin Sullivan vs. <strong>Ric Flair </strong></p>

NWA POWER HOUR*

Thursday Week 2 November 1989

Michael Hayes vs. Steve Williams

Dick Slater vs. Flyin' Brian

Bob Orton vs. Z-Man

Saturday Week 2 November 1989

NWA World Television Title Tournament, Round 1: The Iron Sheik vs. Steve Williams

NWA World Television Title Tournament, Round 1: The Great Muta vs. Bobby Eaton

Michael Hayes vs. Z-Man

Dick Slater vs. Ricky Steamboat

Non Title: Kevin Sullivan vs. Ric Flair

Tom Zenk? Tom Zenk? I am um....wow.:D

NWA POWER HOUR*

Bob Orton vs. Z-Man

In the words of the late great Phil Rizzuto, "Holy cow!" I can't believe Tom Zenk go the win there. I think another upset will happen as well.

NWA World Television Title Tournament, Round 1: The Iron Sheik vs. Steve Williams

Sadly the Sheik will not be making anybody humble tonight.

Michael Hayes vs. Z-Man

Okay the win streak ends here...

With Bird breakup... I'm guessing Hayes becomes the Breakout star

going with upside over experience here

Bob Orton vs. Z-Man

I guess after beating Luger, Ortn should be a walk in the park

just cant seethe Sheik carrying gold in 1989

NWA World Television Title Tournament, Round 1: The Great Muta vs. Bobby

Eaton

This should/could be Muta's tourney

Michael Hayes vs. Z-Man

wanted to go Zman, but then thought that maybe Luger interjects ausing him the match..continuing that run, while allowing Hayes to stay hot

hate to say it, but looks like Slater is turning into jobber fodder

a showcase for Flair

As others have said, this could go either way but I'm plumping for Hayes as he's been on a bit of a bad run lately as a Freebird and I reckon he's a potential breakout star. Would not be surprised or disappointed for it to go the other way though - pity it's not on the main show or I'd be speculating a Terry Gordy run in to save his partner... but which one... there's a storyline and a half!

Dirty Dick is a jobber for the moment and rightly so when it comes to someone with Pillman's potential.

Bob Orton vs. Z-Man

Cowboy is the main event JTTS and a natural stepping stone for anyone heading up the card - Zenk needs the win to stay strong for a Luger programme (which I never saw coming by the way! kudos for that!)

----------------------

A virtual walk for Williams in the first round, will get back vital heat following his Hayes loss if I'm right in the earlier prediction too.

Given the great match-ups that Muta has been having with main-eventers, admittedly on the wrong side of the results going his way, there's a greater potential for him here than as just being TV champ. Having said that he can't lose to Eaton at this stage in the game.

Michael Hayes vs. Z-Man

DQ win for the Z-Man following Luger intereference and a potential face turn for Hayes at the same time?

Hey Dick, turn the lights off behind you...

Another day, another job for Kev.

Good luck with the Tom Zenk push - I always viewed him as being little more than Rick Martel's sidekick (which I'm certain would really tick him off but there you are!). Having said that, the guy was certainly talented so there's worse people you could be trying to polish and it's good to see Luger take a loss - keeps his ego in check and with Sting leapfrogging him to the top of the heel charts, you need to try and keep a lid on him at the moment!

NWA POWER HOUR

Bob Orton vs. Z-Man

I so wanted to pick the Sheik!

Muta is my pick for the belt.

Michael Hayes vs. Z-Man

Just beat Luger, can't see him losing to Hayes though a Total Package intervention is possible.

Easy.

Whooo!

Archived