<p>What factors come into play when deciding if a worker will take a crazy bump on a show or not?</p><p> </p><p>

Liberal/Conservative personality traits I know is one, but having had a worker who was fully liberal refuse to take a crazy bump on a show while testing some stuff out made me wonder if show size/prestige or other personality factors or popularity or opponent had any bearing on this. </p><p> </p><p>

Anyone know?</p>

What factors come into play when deciding if a worker will take a crazy bump on a show or not?

Liberal/Conservative personality traits I know is one, but having had a worker who was fully liberal refuse to take a crazy bump on a show while testing some stuff out made me wonder if show size/prestige or other personality factors or popularity or opponent had any bearing on this.

Anyone know?

Hard to say...

Though, recently, I had both Manhunter and Kerry Wayne take crazy bumps in a RAW match (same match), and neither of them are remotely liberal (or conservative, for that matter).

However, the match WAS the finale of a long, well-built feud between the two in an... average, I think, prestige match for the RAW Television title (which is their top belt).

So the fact that it was a match for my most prestigious belt, held in a match of respectable prestige, and between two workers in a well-heated feud... any three of those factors may have helped decide it, or any combination of the three.

Oh, and it was held on PPV! Can't forget that!

As a sidenote: Manhunter broke some fingers as a result of the bump, so it really does come with a risk. On the plus side, it just meant he had to spend a show standing around looking menacing, which is what he's best at anyways.

I wish I knew. I've noticed when I make people more liberal they're more willing to do crazy bumps. But it's kind of a bummer to have guys like Jeff Hardy, Abyss and AJ Styles refusing to bump.

That's bad modmaking then. :p

I wish I knew. I've noticed when I make people more liberal they're more willing to do crazy bumps. But it's kind of a bummer to have guys like Jeff Hardy, Abyss and AJ Styles refusing to bump.

Not neccessarily. Even extremely liberal guys sometimes won't take a bump if their other requirements aren't met. Sure, they're far more likely, but even your Ryu Kajahara's will likely say no if you ask them to bump in a pointless match on a relatively pointless show.

Case in point: Benjamin Moore in 1997 C-Verse is about as liberal as a worker can possibly be: he wouldn't take a crazy bump in a throwaway match against Big Smack Scott.

If you're asking Jeff Hardy to take a crazy bump on TNA Impact! in the opening match against an openner, then it's only realistic he wouldn't risk it.

It's USPW. I don't think the fans of that fed even KNOW what a big bump is. I wouldn't want to take one either, because it just doesn't make sense with the product.

Granted, that likely has nothing to do with it, but I wouldn't be surprised if the product settings for risk and intensity have somthing to do with it.

It's USPW. I don't think the fans of that fed even KNOW what a big bump is. I wouldn't want to take one either, because it just doesn't make sense with the product.

Granted, that likely has nothing to do with it, but I wouldn't be surprised if the product settings for risk and intensity have somthing to do with it.

Maybe... It was the culmination of the second Enygma vs. Baine feud which was built up pretty much around a year and it was Last Man Standing match, I would of thought Baine wouldn't have minded taking a bump.

Things that count:

Liberal/Conservative stats

Bold/Driven stats (the more driven and the more bold the better)

And their physical condition.

Those are the ones I know.

what i found out is that those stats are counting. the higher these stats are the lower the prestice off the show and your compeney has to be.

and i believe that moral also counts.

at one point i had a wrestler who use to do crazy bumps refuse a bump and i knew his moral was low so maybe that is a factor too

Jaysin, not to attack you personally but rather to bring up something which I find pretty annoying. That is people throwing around the phrase "bad modmaking" wayyyyyyy too much lately.

If it isn't clear what factors influence a worker's decision and somebody with their personality set with liberal at maximum is not taking bumps then maybe it's a case of the relevant factors not being clearly stated in the game's instructions or the player attempting to force a worker to take bumps in meaningless matches rather than the people who spend countless unpaid hours trying to make data to increase the enjoyment of the game being lazy or stupid.

Jaysin, not to attack you personally but rather to bring up something which I find pretty annoying. That is people throwing around the phrase "bad modmaking" wayyyyyyy too much lately.

If it isn't clear what factors influence a worker's decision and somebody with their personality set with liberal at maximum is not taking bumps then maybe it's a case of the relevant factors not being clearly stated in the game's instructions or the player attempting to force a worker to take bumps in meaningless matches rather than the people who spend countless unpaid hours trying to make data to increase the enjoyment of the game being lazy or stupid.

I was actually mocking the people that throw that around to be honest.

I was actually mocking the people that throw that around to be honest.

Haha sorry, I am not so good at recognizing humour after seeing real world mods get so much criticism in recent times.

Thanks everyone for bringing up the other factors, I'm going to do a bit more testing and see what I can figure out.

I've had a few crazy bumps, Cousin Ezra in the CV97 mod is the craziest SOB I've ever seen. He was willing to do bumps in dark matches which just isn't normal haha!

As has been said, personality counts, but then match prestige, show prestige, place on the card, and seemingly a huge group of other factors all seem to count.

• 4 weeks later...

Wait so, if the show is a PPV and its fairly important (like Slammiversary for instance) will workers that are conservative take the bump?

If not, I'm gonna go edit whoever I want to do the bump and just make them 100% liberal. TAKE BUMPS DAMMIT

i tried out this theory since i never use the crazy bump option as i dont want to risk my wrestlers getting injured because of it. so in my wcw 2000 game i had juvi and jushin take crazy bumps. both got injured for 12-14 months(was just pure coincidence ) but neither of them gained any overness from the stunt. and both matches were done on a "highly regarded" ppv and also both for the cruiserweight and u.s title. which both are high prestige titles within my company.

Archived