Simulating/Booking matches

<p>Hey guys,</p><p> </p><p>

I've had TEW10 for a few days now and I've had fun with both the real and fictional databases but I had a question that may sound stupid, but I have to ask. </p><p> </p><p>

Can you or how can you simulate events? I just started a game with WCW in December of 97 (I forget who made it, but much credit due for the cool mod). It took me almost three hours to book the first Nitro, trying to get a grasp of the current storylines and setting up all the correct angles/matches and it's just too time-consuming to book every event. I tried to simulate to Starrcade and it just took me to the next Saturday night show. I had the Multi-Advance feature turned on, the March patch installed and I'm running the game in Administrator Mode, so is there any way to simulate through these shows? How else could you run a fed for years, right? </p><p> </p><p>

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I've looked through the whole game and can't figure it out. </p><p> </p><p>

Thanks for any advice/help you could give me.</p>

I can understand why running a promotion like WCW in a '97 mod can be frustrating. To my knowledge they have a live 3 hour Nitro (or is it 2hrs in '97?) and the Saturday Night taping. Just imagine having to book Thunder as well? ;)

Playing as a Small / Regional promotion is a lot easier than a promotion that's International or Global. You have lots of shows to book every week and matches that have to keep the fans interested while not hurting your popularity.

How else could you run a fed for years, right?

By playing, playing, and playing some more.

I didn't buy the full game until a month after it was released (was still hooked on '08) and I'm in September 2017 with MAW (CVerse fed). It's the first game I started and it's the only one I care about among the save games I have going. We've gone from Small to Cult and it's been a hell of a ride. Getting to National is going to be a real bitch, but I'm up for it. :cool:

I run a 2 hour Weekly show while regional, then a 4 hour "big event" everytime i need it, that means i book about 56 shows a year, its a preatty nice way, i'm going to build pop and storylines. With workers meeting for the big events.

Thats the beutty of runing a succsesfull regional company, i can regulate my schedual to what i want, monthly, weekly tv and so on.

MAW is a great way to start off. You've got a product that has both angles and matches, a roster of talented young guys, one monthly event, decent financial standing and nowhere to go but up. Plus you've got a very popular Rip Chord to put in popularity based angles for some cheap ratings.

I put off buying the game for two months because every time I tried to get into it I chose SWF or TCW and couldn't get my head around having so many workers and storylines.

Re: Simulating/Booking matches

Thanks for all your input guys.

I admit I'm a little disappointed that I'm not going to be able to get the whole experience I thought I would when I bought it (i.e. running WCW through the harsh years and building them back up), but I think I'll take all of your advice and go with a smaller fed and try to bring them to a higher place.

I'm new to these kinda games (I think I tried one of the TMN games years ago), but I thought with the immense time and energy put into this game, it would give me the capability of simming through a period of time. Has anyone else asked for this kind of feature? Every sports sim I've ever played you could sim ahead, see how your moves and strategies pan out.

I'm blown away with the amount of features and details in this game. I give Adam and his team a ton of credit and if I'm in the minority with this, then it's my issue, but I'm curious if anyone else would like to see more of a simulation in future games. Being able to customize every feature, it seems fairly simple to allow the AI take over with all the preferences you can set. What are you thoughts?

Thanks for all your input guys.

I admit I'm a little disappointed that I'm not going to be able to get the whole experience I thought I would when I bought it (i.e. running WCW through the harsh years and building them back up), but I think I'll take all of your advice and go with a smaller fed and try to bring them to a higher place.

I'm new to these kinda games (I think I tried one of the TMN games years ago), but I thought with the immense time and energy put into this game, it would give me the capability of simming through a period of time. Has anyone else asked for this kind of feature? Every sports sim I've ever played you could sim ahead, see how your moves and strategies pan out.

I'm blown away with the amount of features and details in this game. I give Adam and his team a ton of credit and if I'm in the minority with this, then it's my issue, but I'm curious if anyone else would like to see more of a simulation in future games. Being able to customize every feature, it seems fairly simple to allow the AI take over with all the preferences you can set. What are you thoughts?

The possibility of adding an auto-booker feature is one that generates some hot debate. Personally, my concern with the idea is that it seems like it would be difficult to get the AI to auto-book "well", in that taking into consideration all the things you do when booking (such as storylines, feud history, titles, etc) is a bit much to expect. If the auto-booking was done straight-ahead they way the AI currently books, no problem, but I doubt many people would be satisfied with that.

As for a sim feature, you can do that. Either start the game unemployed and watch what happens. Or take over the promotion you want, set it up how you want, then resign and sim for awhile to see how things unfold.

Why not try WCW later, when you are more familiar with the game? Look at the game you are doing now as practice. Given the dynamics that are included in 2010, balancing a big promotion is tougher than ever. Keeping everyone happy and still playing out the stories you want to tell is tough. WCW '97 is a big challenge, simply for the size of the roster, the personalities of some of the workers, etc. Its doable, but its a tough place to start for sure.

The problem that arises with what you're asking for is a deep one. TEW, at its heart, is a booking simulator. If you take the 'booking' part out, you're essentially left with a game that plays itself with little required input from the player.

The possibility of adding an auto-booker feature is one that generates some hot debate. Personally, my concern with the idea is that it seems like it would be difficult to get the AI to auto-book "well", in that taking into consideration all the things you do when booking (such as storylines, feud history, titles, etc) is a bit much to expect. If the auto-booking was done straight-ahead they way the AI currently books, no problem, but I doubt many people would be satisfied with that.

This is a great point. Not too many people are going to pay $35 to play a game that plays itself better than they (the player) could play it. On the flip side, if the simulator is bad, no one's going to use it enough to justify its existence.

keyser, since this is your first foray into TEW, go with a smaller promotion. Believe it or not, it'll teach you far more than you're likely to learn running a WCW sized one. You'll learn more about roster management, worker development, financial restraint, and flexible booking at Local/Small/Regional than you would at National and above, if only due to necessity. You don't lose workers too much when they're on exclusive (written) contracts. But when one of the big dogs comes sniffing around your yard (you'll get an email telling you when this happens), you learn quickly how to be nimble.

One piece of advice I can offer you to start: Don't rush to get bigger. You'll hear about the rude awakening that Cult can be. :)

Archived