What Year?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is an entirely new mod necessary for a difference of 5-6 months? You can either start ECW early, play through those first few months, or adjust the mod as required....

A new mod would be better, as I'd bet my house on the fact that Genadi's mod be more balanced. Also I don't have the time nor the interest in editing someone elses mod.

why not take suggestions from people here and make a what if scenario game, like how would things have turned out if shawn michaels and triple h left for wcw instead of diesel and razor ramon or if owen hart never died that kinda thing. im sure others could come up with some great stuff

Shawn doesn't even need to leave. Triple H is buried after the Kliq Curtain Call and misses out on his scheduled win at the 1996 King of the Ring. Rather than sticking it out, he defects to WCW as soon as his contract is up. From there, move the mod up to 2002. What's changed as a result? Triple H never dates Stephanie, for one thing, but it also changes up DX. Would DX even exist? Who fills the gap he leaves in the future main event? Who retires Foley? There are a million possibilities from that point of departure.

Putting the finishing touches on the 2002 Alternate Reality mod tonight and am feeling back in the swing of things. Wanted to get peoples thoughts on what mod they'd like to play? I was thinking of either 2004 or 1999-2000 if they're not in the works yet. Open to any suggestions :)

Present day? :)

Any of the three:

1 - Before Bret Hart got hurt, as previously mentioned

2 - New Blood, April 2000

3 - January 2001 / Shane buys WCW

I've tried making #2 and #3 by myself like 100 times, but can never seem to finish it.

:)

I concur with that 1,2,3.

Or... as someone mentioned, just after the fingerpoke of doom. You cant go wrong with this time period simply because of the way things ended up with wcw. there will always be people willing to play out the "what if" scenarios...

Considering the MA mod has the most work and polish I've ever put into a mod I'm leaning towards Dec. '99 because I can use it as a base then. The way I'm going lately I will probably do a 2004 shortly after.

I agree BigPappa I still load up EWR once and a while for the same reason and know a few people who do the same due to the loads of scenarios available. Hopefully we won't be too far off soon. I just don't want to step on anyone's toes if they have a mod set at the same time in the works is all.

Has TCP done his 98 mod this year? I just did a quick search but couldn't find anything.

Present day? :)

I would and had planned on one but there seems to be quite a few of them out already and some good ones by the sounds of it (I haven't tried any yet :o ) When I saw MrCanada was doing a RW current day mod I didn't bother even looking into it as I'm a fan of his work and I'm not sure the difference in mods would warrant an update :)

Not sure if anyone remembers H-Verse but that has alot of work put into it and wouldn't be too hard to update.

Considering the MA mod has the most work and polish I've ever put into a mod I'm leaning towards Dec. '99 because I can use it as a base then. The way I'm going lately I will probably do a 2004 shortly after.

I agree BigPappa I still load up EWR once and a while for the same reason and know a few people who do the same due to the loads of scenarios available. Hopefully we won't be too far off soon. I just don't want to step on anyone's toes if they have a mod set at the same time in the works is all.

Has TCP done his 98 mod this year? I just did a quick search but couldn't find anything.

Haven't seen much from TCP lately, the last i remember reading was him trying to get a team together to make current day data a few months ago. Shortly afterward he quietly disappeared from the boards and the mod with him. Also I'm glad you decided to go with December 99, it was quiet an interesting time then.

Cool well January '99 it is. Excuse me now while I lock myself in a basement for a month and mod this thing out :p

I think Jan '99 for now will be good (and easier) then I can easily update it to Dec '99 or Jan 2000. Not to mention WCW was in far better shape in '99 and should make for better games.

Cool well January '99 it is. Excuse me now while I lock myself in a basement for a month and mod this thing out :p

I think Jan '99 for now will be good (and easier) then I can easily update it to Dec '99 or Jan 2000. Not to mention WCW was in far better shape in '99 and should make for better games.

Sounds awesome. Thanks alot for all your really hard work!

• 3 weeks later...

Just rehashing this thread, 1999 is done and I'm still not burnt out on modding so I'm looking for another year. The two I was thinking of next were 2000 and 2004 but there are releases for both of those out now I'm pretty sure. Any other years you can think of would be fun to play?

I'm leaning towards Jan, 2001 atm, unless someone has made one I'm unaware of.

Just rehashing this thread, 1999 is done and I'm still not burnt out on modding so I'm looking for another year. The two I was thinking of next were 2000 and 2004 but there are releases for both of those out now I'm pretty sure. Any other years you can think of would be fun to play?

I'm leaning towards Jan, 2001 atm, unless someone has made one I'm unaware of.

Good choice for the next part of your modding frenzy.

All three of those are great options(although I really would love to see what YOU could do with a 2004 mod) but if you're not burnt out why not do a quick update to 2002? I haven't tried 1999 yet as it is downloading right now but I know 2002 is kind of behind you other mod(s) as far as certain workers, stat updates, personality stats etc. So I would like to see that updated before you start a new project.

2003 was an excellent year, SD talent wise. This or 2001 would be good. Of course with 2001 there is the merger ofwwf/wcw talent and the whole invasion historically. Therefore 2001 would get my vote.

If I were to choose, I'd say 1996 right around either the time of the Bash At The Beach or around the time that Hall and Nash signed on as the Outsiders to WCW. But, then, I'm a big WCW fan and believe this was a golden age for WCW. Not the golden age but a golden age. It would give the person doing the game the ability to either turn Hogan or not to turn Hogan. In reality, if Hogan did not turn it was scheduled to be either Sting or Luger to turn on WCW. How would the world have turned out if either of those had happened?

If I was to choose, I'd say 1996 right around either the time of the Bash At The Beach or around the time that Hall and Nash signed on as the Outsiders to WCW. But, then, I'm a big WCW fan and believe this was a golden age for WCW. Not the golden age but a golden age. It would give the person doing the game the ability to either turn Hogan or not to turn Hogan. In reality, if Hogan did not turn it was scheduled to be either Sting or Luger to turn on WCW. How would the world have turned out if either of those had happened?

The day after the Bash would be perfect.

Archived