USPW 3Way and 4Way matches

Do you guys think it makes sense for USPW to have 3 way and 4 way matches? Since its based on 80s WWF I have a tought time booking those types of matches, but it could make for fresh matches.

its based on the 80's WWF but its not IN the 80's. Really USPW is whatever you want it to be. I tend to modernize it a lot when I play them with them getting more and more edgy to compete with TCW and SWF while still maintaining their family friendly product.

its based on the 80's WWF but its not IN the 80's. Really USPW is whatever you want it to be.

Yeah, this. I mean, going by the OP's logic, SWF is 'based on' WWE so you should push Marc Dubois to the main event and put the world title on him as soon as the game starts, TCW should start booking nonsensically, etc.

USPW, within their product, is whatever you want it to be. And even the product isn't set in stone. Three and four way matches would be doable. The only problem you might run into is putting all your eggs in one basket, as it were. You have a handful of super over workers so someone who isn't as over might drag down the match rating. But even that isn't a given (you could easily build a few people up).

its not uncommon for me to have Baine, T-Rex and Bruce the Giant take out a couple low card guys on my shows. I like to try to get all my wrestlers work at every show so while it may be 1v1v1 i see it as handicapped matches.

I imagine WWF didn't use 3 or 4 way matches in the 80's was because such match-ups were practically unheard of back then. I expect it was less a 'problem' they had with multiple man fights, and more that the idea never really occured to them.

For USPW, being in the modern day, I see no reason not to use them.

I book alot of USPW, and I certainly use them.

Usually its Over Guy, Over Guy and Not So Over but Talented Guy, that way you can rotate talented guy and not get match repetition penalties.

Or...three and four way womens matches. Let the noobies learn from Belle and Alicia.

None of it ever felt out of place to me...just damn useful.

Archived