Hmmmm, well that doesn't really work that well. I'd say it could have some potential if trained for in the way required to keep things a bit more fluid. Have to say I've watched very little MMA and what I have seen has usually been 'Match starts, guy gets knocked down, match ends', so I have no real point of referance as to whether that looked any good.

Hmmmm, well that doesn't really work that well. I'd say it could have some potential if trained for in the way required to keep things a bit more fluid. Have to say I've watched very little MMA and what I have seen has usually been 'Match starts, guy gets knocked down, match ends', so I have no real point of referance as to whether that looked any good.

It didn't look good, but it was a fight that was supposed to be real, as opposed to 'worked MMA'. It looked suspicious as hell at the time, and Mark Coleman (the American in the vid) eventually admitted that he'd agreed to go easy on Takada and eventually submit to a leg lock.

There was also UWFi, which was a Japanese promotion that did pro-wrestling matches, but modelled them on real fighting techniques.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w25uK69PTI&feature=fvw

• 2 weeks later...

Archived