• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I pulled off two last night, but one was ... well... mind blowing.

The first one didn't surprise me. Angry Gilmore and James Prudence (both are at main event level) v Jack Geidroyc and Valiant (upper midcard) v Christian Faith and Lobster Warrior (both at main event level) v The Amazing Bumfholes who are at Upper midcard... I'm not surprised because I think the tag experience dynamic has paid off (this is 13 months into the game and I have heavily worked on building up the tag division depth in terms of experience and in the case of Geidroyc/Valiant and the Bumfholes, popularity).

However, this one did shock me when I ran it on my B show. It was only for 6 minutes due to a lack of psychology, Marc Du Bois v Robbie Retro. Du Bois is hugely popular at main event level, Robbie Retro admittedly I haven't really gone sky high with him. It rated 99. I wonder whether the position in the card affected it? Usually I open an SWF show with a popular angle, the third best match, and another popular angle, before settling into a few midcard matches to postulate the relative position on the card and to further midcard storylines, but generally they get B's to B-s. Here what I did was open up with two tag teams in a match with work the crowd, followed by a popular angle, then the match. The caveat is I found out they have great chemistry, but Robbie Retro is essentially about 68 in popularity, not real high on momentum, and his skills haven't flourished so both have poor psychology. There was no storyline build into it either.

I didnt get them regularly but I did manage to get several A* matches out of NYCW in '07 while still regional level. I also got a few with CGC at Cult on the '08 game. So it doesn't require being National or better to get it, but it does probably require having almost every factor going in your favor for that match.

Here's one I nearly prepared earlier. Without giving too much away for diary purposes, I had a former TCW star in SWF in a midcard 6 minute match against Matthew Keith. The TCW star's overness was A's across the US and he has good performance stats et al. Matthew Keith's popularity in terms of number grades are about 28-29, so E's. The grading turned out to be 94. The note of course that got them there was that they have great chemistry when fighting one another, but to pull that grade :eek::eek:

Suffice to say I was quite chuffed with that one and am looking at ways to exploi.. I mean, use that particular chemistry gem to float young Matt Keith up the charts a bit.

• 8 months later...

In chronological order in USPW

Christian Faith defeated Rick Law (USPW Stars, Stripes and Slams Jan 2013)

Christian Faith defeated Rick Law (USPW Stars, Stripes and Slams Jan 2014)

Matty Keith defeated Christian Faith (USPW Freedom Fight April 2014)

Greg Gauge drew with Matty Keith (USPW Declaration of Independence May 2014)

Human Arsenal defeated Tom Gilmore (USPW Independence Slam! July 2014)

I really like how much more difficult they are this year though so an A* is actually really special (just a shame the dual grade images are messed up a bit by the new system)

The following three matches were all an A+. Rich Money and Eric Eisen defeated Jack Bruce and Christian Faith on Supreme TV January 2010, Jack Bruce Defeated Rich Money in a 30 minute ironman match to retain the strap at Nothing to Lose 2010 and Steve Frehley defeated Rich Money at the Supreme Challenge 30. Ratings by number were 98, 98 and 97.

I can't believe that I never posted this when it happened but in a game I played as NOTBPW (Not the current NOTBPW game I am playing because lets face it I am always playing a game with NOTBPW at some point because they are my favoriote promotion in the C-Verse) using numbers I got a 99 with Owen Love and Dan Stone Jr. Sadly it wasn't on a pay per view it was the opening match to an edition of Championship Wrestling but I was still happy to get it. When I got it I didn't realise it at the time but then I went into my achievments and it said that I had that achievement and then I looked at my best match booked in my stats and it was on there. So needless to say it kind of took me by surprise because I didn't notice that I got that high of a rating until I looked at the achievments. In my current game with NOTBPW the closest I have come at an A+ Match was a 94 I got a while back with The Natural and Dark Angel.

I got a couple from my current game, using a created promotion in a RW mod which is tag team wrestling only.

Brothers of Destruction def. Randy Orton & Chris Jericho - 99 - Loaned these four from WWE, managed to get them thanks to some of main eventers being massively over in the US now which let me trade them.

Brothers of Destruction def. MCMG - 97

Closest I've got with my own roster:

Ring Lords (Christopher Daniels & Colt Cabana) def. Team of Honor (Bryan Danielson & Tyler Black) - 93 - This was when I was still at Regional!

I've had 3 A* matches so far on by BSC game.

Paige Croft vs Grace Harper

and

Zoe Ammis vs Christy Higgins x2 (this is my go-to match when i need a big rating to improve a poor card.) had at least 3x 99 rating for this one too.

I've had 3 A* matches so far on by BSC game.

Paige Croft vs Grace Harper

and

Zoe Ammis vs Christy Higgins x2 (this is my go-to match when i need a big rating to improve a poor card.) had at least 3x 99 rating for this one too.

What size are you (and who is Christy Higgins)??

What size are you (and who is Christy Higgins)??

Global size, most of my main eventers are 'international superstars'. Christy Higgins is just Christy Higgins, not changed her name. Think she debuts near the end of 2010.

There are so many things wrong with those words...

I know. It was a challenge i set myself to get them to global level as fast as possible. I never really expected to achieve it.

Global size, most of my main eventers are 'international superstars'. Christy Higgins is just Christy Higgins, not changed her name. Think she debuts near the end of 2010.

I know. It was a challenge i set myself to get them to global level as fast as possible. I never really expected to achieve it.

How long did it take?

Here's a few A* (100) matches from my WCW game:

- Aaron Andrews & Frankie Fernandes def. American Patriot and Sylvester Weatherfield (Monday Mayhem, Sept. 2021)

- Spencer Spade and Greg Gauge def. American Patriot & Sonny Wildside (Sunday Stampede, Sept. 2020)

- Rocky Golden def. Matthew Faith (Sunday Stampede, Oct. 2020)

- Bucky Stark def. Troy Tornado (Sunday Stampede, Mar. 2021)

- Cameron Vessey def. Ernest Youngman (Monday Mayhem, June 2020)

- Sylvester Weatherfield def. Rich Money (Monday Mayhem, Jan. 2022)

- Troy Tornado, Solomon Gold, Lenny Brown, and Charger def. Bucky Stark, Kevin Christopher, Kirk Jameson, and Rocky Golden (Sunday Stampede, Sept. 2021)

- Gino Montero & Bryan Dread def. Swoop McCarthy & Blue Phanton (Thursday Takeover, Sept. 2021)

So far our best attendance has been 89,301 (which was Fan Festival in June 2022 and was headlined by Steve DeColt and Bryan Dread). WCW has YET to get a Match Of The Year Winner, but I can guarantee that we will someday. Nobody outside of NOTBPW and TCW have won that award, but nobody outside of WCW has won Card of The Year, Promotion of The Year, Wrestler of The Year, and Young Wrestler of The Year in literally 2-5 years. :cool:

I always knew I gave away a BUNCH of AMAZING matches on TV, but this almost scares me to be honest.

I call shenanigans. There's no way you still have the oldschool (aka awesome) BSC style at global. NO WAI.

I'm obviously not very good at this game.

The best I have had in the MrCanada data update is a B+ in TNA with Desmond Wolfe vs Davey Richards.

WWE keep putting out A style matches, but as yet I haven't seen an A* match on this dataset which is always good. You shouldn't be seeing too many of these A* matches.

How long did it take?

About 4 years. Running at least 3 shows a week from day 1. almost went bust on more than 1 occasion.

I call shenanigans. There's no way you still have the oldschool (aka awesome) BSC style at global. NO WAI.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Healthy skepticism. Thats what I like to see.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s206/Panga2001/Screenshots/BSC.jpg

Archived