BAW: One man's dream

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Panda Mask II vs Atlas

I´m not a fan of Panda Mask so no win for him

Nigel Svensson vs DeCipher

Heh I start to feel little bad about picking Svensson for a title match since he don´t seem to deliver for you but maybe he picks up he´s game with better opponents.

Cal Sanders vs The Masked Outlaw

Sanders is jobber so Outlaw wins

Dragon Americano vs Jayson Van Pelt

I believe that Drogon don´t have a single win yet and it´s unlikely to happen here either

Amazing Fire Fly vs Donte Dunn (New York Championship)

Well Dunn is leaving so...

Brendan Idol vs Justin Sensitive (BAW Championship)

Not yet time for a title change

Panda Mask II vs Atlas

I like Panda's :p

Still prepping Nigel for his title match.

Well Sanders is a jobber...

Dragon seems like a jobber at the minute.

Dunns leaving so obvious choice.

I dont want Idol as champ again, but it could happen as Justin hasnt been great so far.

Panda Mask II vs Atlas

Panda should be hitting his stride pretty quickly. Give him a couple matches and he'll be bringing the house down with the right opponent.

DeCipher isn't going anywhere quickly. Nigel seems to be priming himself for a run at the NY title.

Cal Jobs.

JVP gets some of his momentum back after losing to Idol.

Dunn's on his way out.

Justin isn't the perfect Champ, but Idol wasn't significantly better. Not to the point that he needs to go over on Justin's 2nd defense.

BAW Call To Arms #2

Panda Mask II vs Atlas

Panda Mask is awesome :D

Nigel is awesome :D

K-Squared can get better with time.

Jayson Van Pelt is awesome :D

Amazing Fire Fly is better in your main event, you still have another show to take title off Dunn.

I dunno this guy really, but he seems good :)

BAW Call To Arms #2

Week 1 February 2012

Weston Gymnasium, New Jersey

Attendance: 300 (Sell Out!)

Pre Show

Good atmosphere backstage, with people seemingly happier now that we were running two shows a month. I guess they thought we’d be using everyone now that we had more time. Well, we’ll see...

Main Show

Panda Mask II vs Atlas

This wasn’t a very good opener. Panda Mask had an off night, and Atlas was visibly tiring towards the end and really struggled with going all out. All in all, there was a lot wrong here...

Winner: Panda Mask in 7:46

Another poor match. Nigel’s gimmick seems to be getting stale, I’ll have to have a look at that. Maybe a gimmick change could give him the boost I’ve been trying to give him...

Winner: Nigel Svensson in 8:20

Donte Dunn Promo

Dunn: “Tonight I will defend my New York Championship against Amazing Fire Fly. Now, Fire Fly and I have squared up a number of times in the past, he was actually the man I took this title off of, and I have proved the better man in the past. Tonight I will continue my dominance and swat that pest once and for all.”

Notes: Not good, not bad... so it was okay.

A decent match from these two, easily the best match of the night so far. Hopefully this is the start of a move up in quality for the rest of the night...

Winner: The Masked Outlaw in 7:51

Brody ‘Promo’

Brody hits the ring and Sanders and Outlaw bail. Brody remains in the ring for a few minutes looking menacing and intimidating.

Notes: Good as usual

Not a bad match from these two. Not quite as good as the Sanders/Outlaw match, but certainly better than the opening two matches of the night. JVP also looked like he was learning out there.

Winner: Jayson Van Pelt in 7:35

Sensitive Promo

Sensitive: “Last week, I once again showed that I am the most dominant guy in BAW! For some reason, I have to defend my title again against Brendan Idol.”

Fans cheer at the mention of Brendan Idol’s name.

Sensitive: “I don’t actually mind that too much. Brendan Idol is a former BAW Champion. By knocking him off, and I will knock him off, I will prove to you all once and for all that I am on my way to becoming the greatest ever BAW champion.”

Notes: A reasonable promo from Justin. Not great by any means, but he is slowly improving.

Amazing Fire Fly vs Donte Dunn

New York Championship

A good match from these two. It was slightly too short to be in the Semi-Main event, but the chemistry between Fire Fly and Dunn helped compensate for this. With Donte refusing to negotiate with me, Amazing Fire Fly became the first ever two time New York Champion.

Winner: Amazing Fire Fly in 9:14

Brendan Idol vs Justin Sensitive ©

BAW Championship

Justin Sensitive takes another step to convincing me he’s not a poor choice as champion. This was a decent match, which didn’t look out of place in the Main Event. Idol looked slightly over his head in this match, which probably suggests that my creative team are right when they say he is past his best.

Winner: Justin Sensitive in 18:58

Match of the Night: Main Event

Trash of the Night: Svensson vs DeCipher

Next Time: Our first ever sell out show! Could we make this a regular occurance?

Having dropped his title at the last show, I decided to try to persuade Donte Dunn to stay one more time. Losing the title must have really knocked his confidence, he didn’t even ask for a raise!

Prediction results for BAW Call To Arms #2

1234 6/6

borman 48 6/6

Michigan Hero 5/6

Zergon 5/6

funkyzafara 5/6

This Year

1234 16/17

Zergon 15/17

funkyzafara 14/17

Michigan Hero 8/12

borman 48 6/6

BHK1978 4/6

Thanks for predicting again guys :) Well done to 1234 and borman 48 for getting all 6 right this month :D

Predictions

BAW One Step Closer #23

Amazing Fire Fly vs Atlas (New York Championship)

Dragon Americano vs Hiro Del Aguila Americana

Joffy Laine vs Giant Brody

Cal Sanders vs Donte Dunn

Brendan Idol vs DeCipher

Nigel Svensson vs Justin Sensitive (BAW Championship)

Well Atlas isnt good, and this is Firefly's first defence.

IIRC Americana has won one match, but Americano hasnt. A bit confusing with Americana and Americano :p

Brute push continues.

Since Dunn is staying he is going to beat the jobber.

Brendan Idol vs DeCipher

Idol is your best face and DeCipher is a jobber.

Svensson has been lacking as of late, so isnt going to be your main champion.

Fire Fly just won so he´s going to hold the title for now

No idea who Dragon is but anyone that has dragon in it´s name gets automatic pass from me:p

Brody continues to dominate jobbers

Since Dunn stays he gets back some overnee with squash match

Brendan Idol vs DeCipher

DeCipher isn´t high enough on ladders to beat Idol

Nope Nigel isn´t the next BAW champion

Fire Fly just won the title, Atlas isn't ready. This is gonna be good though. Fly does well with big guys in my experience.

I'm kinda guessing.

Brody dominates again.

Dunn gets some momentum back after dropping the title.

Brendan Idol vs DeCipher

Idol's in the main event, DeCipher... isn't.

Nigel isn't ready for it yet.

BAW One Step Closer #23

Brendan Idol vs DeCipher

I'm pushing my luck.

BAW One Step Closer #23

Week 3 February 2012

Attendance: 117

Pre Show

The show started well tonight, Nigel Svensson turned up with more than enough booze for everyone on the roster, all their friends, their families, all their families friends... you get the idea. Let’s just say it should be a good night. Next Sara Silver unveiled some rather impressive impressions of some of the guys she had been working on... why she decided tonight was the night to reveal them I don’t know. I hope she hadn’t started on Nigel’s stash before the show had even begun...

Main Show

Amazing Fire Fly vs Atlas

New York Championship

This was a decent opener. Fire Fly went over, and made the first defence of his second New York Championship run.

Winner: Amazing Fire Fly in 8:06

Dragon Americano vs Hijo Del Aguila Americana

I took a risk putting these two together in a match, and it didn’t pay off. This was a really poor match. Hijo is still rusty... I really need him to get back into the swing of things. At least Hijo looked like he was learning out there...

Winner: Hijo Del Aguila Americana in 8:12

Wow, a domination by Brody which didn’t suck! It wasn’t great by any means, but it was easily the best match Brody has put in since he got here.

Winner: Giant Brody in 5:55

Brody ‘Promo’

Brody remains in the ring for a few minutes after his match, looking menacing and intimidating.

Notes: Another good segment from Brody. This is quickly becoming my go to angle.

This wasn’t quite as good as I had hoped it would be, only being on par with Brody’s squash of Laine. Still hopefully it would help build Donte Dunn back up, after his title loss last week.

Winner: Donte Dunn in 7:57

Sensitive Promo

Sensitive: “It’s official, BAW have run out of worthy challengers for my belt. I mean they must have... why else would I be facing Nigel Svensson tonight?”

Crowd boos Sensitive.

Sensitive: “I know, I know... Nigel’s picked up a couple of win’s against complete nobodies, but does he really think that qualifies him to challenge me? Svensson, you have never faced anyone as good as me. Tonight I will show you how a true wrestler, and a true champion, goes about business...”

Notes: Justin is definitely improving on the mic. Maybe in a few months, our promos will be back to the level Mr Lucha & KC Glenn used to produce?

Brendan Idol vs DeCipher

Right this went very wrong. I’ve got to stop trusting Brendan Idol to carry people, he just can’t do it anymore. This was a very poor match, on most nights this would be trash of the night. Tonight, they would be saved by Dragon/Hijo though. However, this put a lot of pressure on my risky Main Event...

Winner: Brendan Idol in 16:11

Nigel Svensson vs Justin Sensitive ©

BAW Championship

Okay my thinking here was that Nigel Svensson is currently my most ‘in form’ face, with a run of 4 wins on the bounce. He was also debuting his new ‘Blue Collar’ gimmick, so being in a Main Event would hopefully give his new gimmick some good momentum. Still he was only a Midcarder, so putting him in the Main Event was a real risk on my part. One which, on the whole, paid off.

The match was on a par with any of our other Main Events over the past few months, and may have actually saved the show from being a complete disaster. Svensson’s gimmick seemed to go over well with the crowd, and Justin Sensitive looked good in retaining his BAW Championship. All in all, this went as well as I could have hoped.

Winner: Justin Sensitive in 17:46

Trash of the Night: Dragon vs Hijo

Next Time: With Danny running out of credible contenders for the BAW title, who will he push to the front of the pack?

‘Creative’ was much more pleasant than usual this month. Harvey was still raving about our first ever sell out show. As quickly as last month had turned him against the idea of running two shows a month, this month’s success seemed to have caused him to fall in love with the idea.

However, our shows still weren’t great this month, as shown by the ratings we received from the local paper.

FREEDOM C-

NYCW C-

PSW C-

BAW Call To Arms D+/ One Step Closer D+

We were still at the bottom of the pile, but at least we had improved on what we had put on last month...

Predictions

This Month

1234 6/6

borman 48 6/6

Zergon 5/6

funkyzafara 4/6

This Year

1234 22/23

Zergon 20/23

funkyzafara 18/23

borman 48 12/12

Michigan Hero 8/12

BHK1978 4/6

Thanks once again for your precitions. Well done to 1234 and borman 48 who got all 6 right this month :)

The month started well for me, with Jayson Van Pelt extending his current deal for another 9 months. I’d have to give him a shot at the New York title soon...

The day before our next show, I received a phone call from Mark. He informed me that he was dropping his limitation on workers with poor psychology. Instead, he was going to insist that workers were blessed with good levels of athleticism. After our conversation, I quickly checked my roster to see if anyone would be affected by this new goal. Luckily everyone met the minimum requirements.

To end the month, I had a quick look at the free agent market to see if anybody had become available. I put in a few offers for people who could fill my midcard. None of them would arrive in time for the next show however.

Predictions

BAW Call To Arms #3

Nigel Svensson vs Atlas

Dragon Americano vs The Masked Outlaw

Panda Mask II vs DeCipher

Cal Sanders vs Jayson Van Pelt

Brendan Idol vs Donte Dunn

Amazing Fire Fly vs Justin Sensitive (BAW Championship)

Nigel Svensson vs Atlas

BAW Call To Arms #3

Nigel Svensson vs Atlas

Nigel push to the moon!

I dunno really, they both suck.

He's better than DeCipher

Still an awesome guy.

He's signed again, give him some momentum.

Not quite there yet.

Nigel Svensson vs Atlas

Nigel did well in the main event last week, and he'll start to make a move towards the top of the card.

Dragon=jobber

DeCipher jobs a lot too.

He needs a shot at the NY title? Gotta build him up a little momentum.

This is the toughest one for me to predict since I started doing this. Sensitive has already beaten Idol, so he's probably not gonna get a push into the main event again right away, but Dunn isn't going one on one with another heel either. I'm going with Dunn though to get the fresh blood into the ME, then maybe a 3 way with Idol or even Nigel if he improves to that level.

Fire Fly isn't there yet, honestly. Sensitive wins big.

Nigel Svensson vs Atlas

It´s Svensson!

Dragon might have a cool name but sadly he´s pretty toothless

Unlikely maybe but I refuse to like a guy who looks like a giant teddy bear

Sanders has quite awful win-loss record

Could go either way but since Justin is champ it´s make more sence to give Idol the win since even though he isn´t deliver, who else you have who could challenge Justin?

Well Fire Fly might just be the answer for my question but no he isn´t winning this time

You have lost all my respect. Panda mask for champion.

Considering how badly I generally predict (trust me I´m usually doing way worse than what I have been doing here) it might just be better for Mask if I keep predicting against him anyway:p.

BAW Call To Arms #3

Week 1 March 2012

Attendance: 300 (Sell Out!)

Pre Show

After selling out the last ‘Call To Arms’, and another sell out anticipated tonight, spirits were high backstage. Hopefully this would translate into a good show...

Main Show

Nigel Svensson vs Atlas

Not too bad from these two. Svensson picked up the win to continue his push, but Atlas looked like he was learning from Nigel out there.

Winner: Nigel Svensson in 8:20

These two have great chemistry with each other, but still only put on a match that is on par with the opener. On the positive, Dragon looked like he learned something out there. During the match, Dylan noticed that the crowd were getting bored of Outlaw’s gimmick. He suggested that we change his gimmick, or turn him as he was getting stale.

Winner: The Masked Outlaw in 7:55

Brody ‘Promo’

Brody hits the ring and Dragon and Outlaw bail. Brody remains in the ring for a few minutes looking menacing and intimidating.

Notes: Good as usual

Panda Mask vs DeCipher

How was this match worse than Dragon/Outlaw? I know Panda had an off night, but still...

Winner: Panda Mask II in 7:35

Dylan identified Jayson as another whose gimmick was getting stale. In future, I really needed to keep a closer eye on these guys. Still not a bad match from these two, even with JVP’s gimmick problems it was on par with anything else we’d put on so far.

Winner: Jayson Van Pelt in 8:21

Sensitive Promo

Sensitive: “Last week I said that BAW management were running out of challengers for me... and this week I was proved to be right. Not a month ago I beat Amazing Fire Fly, and tonight I have to face him again. It’s not a problem for me though, an easy night is always appreciated. In the future though, a little variety would be much appreciated.”

Notes: Not bad from Sensitive, who continues to improve on the mic.

Brendan Idol was not happy when I told him he would be jobbing to Dunn. I thought he’s be okay, but this match was really poor. I’m paying Idol far too much for him to be putting on matches like these every week. His contracts up next week as well... the first ever BAW Champion could well be on his way out of the company...

Winner: Donte Dunn in 15:39

Amazing Fire Fly vs Justin Sensitive ©

BAW Championship

I gave Fire Fly another shot at the title, because well... there’s not really too many credible challengers going around at the moment. Unfortunately Fire Fly had an off night, but this was still a Main Event quality match (for us). Justin Sensitive picked up the win, and made the fourth successful defence of his title.

Winner: Justin Sensitive in 18:24

Trash of the Night: Idol vs Dunn

Next Time: With Idol on his way out, would Danny be able to find a suitable replacement?

Wow, what a hectic two weeks! I started the fortnight on the phone, as I spoke to four different guys about joing BAW. None of them would be groundbreaking, but they could all do a job in the Midcard for sure. In the end I only came to terms with one of them, and Surfeador Californiano agreed to join us. Aside from his stupid name, he looked fairly useful all round.

Next we released two people, as their contracts came to an end. Chris Flynn was first to go. He had really struggled in his time here, and wasn’t a big losss. The other release was slightly more controversial, as I let the first ever BAW Champion Brendan Idol leave the company. He had been struggling in the ring lately, and, despite being a Midcarder now, he still wanted the Main Event wage he had been on.

With Idol gone, I needed to bring in a new top face. Unfortunately, everyone I spoke to didn’t seem interested. El Mitico Jr was my main target, but he wouldn’t even talk to us. Remmy Skye wanted far too much money, and we also couldn’t afford Joss Thompson. In the end I found someone I could afford, but he wasn’t the star I had been hoping to bring in.

Turning my attention to our current roster, I realised Jayson Van Pelt and The Masked Outlaw needed gimmick changes. I made JVP an ****y youth, as he seemed like he could play that well. I considered dropping K-Squared’s ‘The Masked Outlaw’ character, but in the end I just tweaked him from a Cowboy to a Thief.

While I was looking at my roster I noticed that one of my guys deals was coming up. I really needed to bring his popularity down, or he would never resign...

Predictions

BAW One Step Closer #24

Amazing Fire Fly vs DeCipher (New York Championsip)

Panda Mask II vs Giant Brody

Surfeador Californiano vs Jayson Van Pelt

Nigel Svensson vs Donte Dunn

??? vs Justin Sensitive (BAW Championship)

Predictions Results

BAW Call To Arms #3

funkyzafara 6/6

borman 48 6/6

1234 5/6

Raijin Samurai 5/6

Zergon 4/6

This Year

1234 27/29

Zergon 24/29

funkyzafara 24/29

borman 48 18/18

Michigan Hero 8/12

Raijin Samurai 5/6

BHK1978 4/6

BAW One Step Closer #24

DeCipher sucks badly.

I like Panda Mask better but you are pushing Broday.

Needs a win for his new gimmick, new guy might just be a jobber?

Needs a win to get a good gimmick.

Nigel push, GO!

No one impressive was signed, therefore champ retains.

Since DeCipher couldn´t get a win against oversized teddy bear he isn´t winning here either:p

Still no love for Panda Mask from me

No idea who this surfer guy is so I go with Van Pelt

Outlaw picks another win

I think you like Dunn more than Svensson so I go with Dunn

I´m usually against newcomer taking the top title in his first apperance but you are running out of face contenders and Dunn, Outlaw and even Brody and Van Pelt would be decent challengers for face champ.

Archived