BAW: One man's dream

Cal Sanders vs Donte Dunn

Gave a good showing against Idol so expect him to win here.

Ant Man vs Morgan Malone

Ant-Man seems to be doing well for you, so see him going over Malone here.

Nigel Svennsson vs The Masked Outlaw

Svennsson hasnt been showing up much, so dont expect him to win. However Outlaw isnt very good so the match could go Nigel's way.

Mr Lucha III vs KC Glenn (Number One Contenders Match)

Since its a #1 contenders match the heel is a good bet. Unless its a draw

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with 1234 here Dunn gets a win after two good matches

Ant Man vs Morgan Malone

Ant Man had a good match last month and is likely higher on pecking order than Malone

This one is hard since I really like Svensson but Outlaw probably needs the win more.

Face champ so heel wins here.

BAW One Step Closer #7

Any charisma at all > nothing

Ant Man vs Morgan Malone

Ant-Man is strooong :D

I'm probably wrong, but Masked Outlaw seems not so good, and I like Nigel :p

He's your new main event heel, of course he will win.

BAW One Step Closer #7

Week 3, October 2010

The Weston Gymnasium, New Jersey

Attendance: 66

Pre-Show:

June leaving meant that the back stage was marginally more pleasant than normal. It still wasn’t great, but it was definitely an improvement.

Main Show:

After his solid performances in the last two shows, I decided to use Donte Dunn to open the show. These two put on a decent opening match, with Donte Dunn picking up the victory. This kid could have a decent future at BAW...

Winner: Donte Dunn in 9:23

Ant-Man vs Morgan Malone

Unfortunately this wasn’t a good match. Morgan Malone just didn’t look up to it; and looked like he was tiring towards the end of this one, which is worrying because I didn’t even ask them to go all out. Not a great start to the young man’s BAW career. Ant-Man picked up the win.

Winner: Ant-Man in 8:02

Tim Weightman Promo

Tim Weightman makes his way to the ring, much to the confusion of much of the crowd.

Weightman: “Now, I’m sure some of you are wondering what I’m doing in the ring. Well, I’m here to tell you about a match. Not just any match, but quite possibly the biggest match in BAW’s history!”

Crowd applaudes politely.

Weightman: “We at Big Apple Wrestling are coming to the end of our debut year, and what a debut year it’s been!”

Crowd applauds more enthusiastically.

Weightman: “And BAW management has decided to round our debut year off in style! We’ll be putting on a match unique to BAW, the ‘Struggle for Supremacy’ match. This match will be a 5-man elimination match, and I can promise that it will be one of the most unique matches you fans will have ever seen.”

Crowd cheers.

Weightman: “Qualification matches for the Struggle for Supremacy match will begin next week. This is one event you won’t want to miss!”

Weightman leaves ring, and takes place at announce desk.

Notes: Took a risk here, but wanted to promote the Struggle for Supremecy match I had come up with. Not a great promo from Weightman, but got the point across.

Wow this didn’t go well. I had hoped these two would put on a good match for the semi-main event, but it just didn’t happen. Outlaw just isn’t impressing me enough to justify him being a Main Eventer. With this in mind, I decided to give Nigel the win here.

Winner: Nigel Svensson in 9:59

Mr Lucha III vs KC Glenn

Number One Contenders Match

So far, it hadn’t been a great show. My decision to give Brendan the night off might backfire on me. I needed a really good match out of these two to salvage the show, and boy did these two pull it off! Mr Lucha and KC Glenn look great together in the ring, and seem to have great chemistry. They put on a great spectacle for our record crowd, in what is easily the best match BAW has ever seen. After nearly 19 minutes of back and forth action, it’s KC Glenn who picks up the victory and earns the title shot next week.

Note: Harvey seemed to really struggle to do the match justice with his Announcing., That was something I’d need to keep my eye on.

Winner: KC Glenn in 18:50

Match of the night: Main Event

Trash of the night: Ant-Man vs Morgan Malone

Next time: Danny has introduced his first ever custom match. Will it be a success, or an abject failure?

I went into Creative on Tuesday feeling good about BAW. I felt even better after Harvey gave me his big news. We were now considered to be a Small promotion! Sure it doesn’t sound impressive, but to rise up a size within a year was impressive nonetheless. Harvey informed me that since we had risen to Small size, we found ourselves in a Regional battle with PSW and NYCW. This was fine by me, the whole point of setting up this company was to compete with NYCW.

Harvey was just as excited about the finances. We had set a new record low for our loss on the last show. We had lost less that $4000! Only just, but $3935 was much lower than we normally managed. This was probably helped by the fact we had yet another record attendance.

After a very positive meeting, I couldn’t wait to see what the paper thought of our show.

PSW D+

NYCW D+

BAW D

Another D? I’d take that! It was the first time we’d managed to put on back to back D rated shows. NYCW were back to the sort of level I would expect after their super show last month. All in all, things were looking up!

Predictions

This Month

funkyzafara 4/4

BHK1978 4/4

1234 3/4

Zergon 3/4

Overall

1234 30/36

Zergon 28/32

BHK1978 23/26

funkyzafara 14/16

John Lions 7/8

juggaloninjalee 1/4

Maxx Hexx 1/4

Thanks for predicting guys :) Well done this month to funkyzafara and BHK1978 for getting all 4 :)

The month started with Donte Dunn accepting a P.P.A offer from 4C. While it wasn’t necessarily a problem, I still wasn’t overly thrilled with it. I always liked it when we were a superstars only obligation. Oh well, can’t be helped I guess. Next I signed Dermott Ayres for another 6 months. While he hadn’t been great in the ring for us, my recent searches for new Heel’s had told me that there wasn’t much available to replace him.

Stretch The Chicken Boy’s contract ran this month, and I decided to let him go. He had been, well, rubbish since he signed. He wasn’t a big loss.

I was happy with the way the month had gone up to this point. However, the day before our next show Dylan came into my office to tell me he had received an offer from FCW that he was seriously considering. We had only just got the guy, and he was already considering leaving?

Feeling more than a little annoyed, I turned my attention to tonight’s card.

BAW One Step Closer #8

Nigel Svennsson vs Donte Dunn (Struggle for Survival qualifier)

Ant-Man vs Dermott Ayres (Struggle for Survival qualifier)

Mr Lucha III vs The Masked Outlaw (Struggle for Survival qualifier)

Brendan Idol vs KC Glenn (BAW Championship)

With win over Outlaw last month it seems like Svensson is rising closer to main event scene.

Ayres haven´t done anything spesial yet.

You mentioned that you aren´t particularly high on Outlaw so he isn´t going over Lucha here

Not sure about this one and Glenn seems most likely to get the belt on your current roster but with rise to small there will likely be some bigger names coming so I go with Idol retaining until we have better idea about the new guys.

With win over Outlaw last month it seems like Svensson is rising closer to main event scene.

Ayres haven´t done anything spesial yet.

You mentioned that you aren´t particularly high on Outlaw so he isn´t going over Lucha here

Not sure about this one and Glenn seems most likely to get the belt on your current roster but with rise to small there will likely be some bigger names coming so I go with Idol retaining until we have better idea about the new guys.

Yes this is lazy, but I agree with this so these are my picks as well.

BAW One Step Closer #8

Nigel is the better man at this point.

Ant-Man has got more wins, and he's superior.

Obviously. You have been praising Mr. Lucha and hating on Outlaw :p

Gonna try my luck here and say that Brendan is dropping it to KC. He is phenomenal.

I was happy with the way the month had gone up to this point. However, the day before our next show Dylan came into my office to tell me he had received an offer from FCW that he was seriously considering. We had only just got the guy, and he was already considering leaving?

Sorry if im missing someone but who is Dylan?

Im just going to throw this out there...Svennsson is annoying me, i predict him to lose and he wins, so decided to go for Dunn.

Ant-Man seems the better talent.

Lucha is better and Outlaw seems on jobbing duty.

Im going to go for a draw, with a rematch taking place on your year end show.

BAW One Step Closer #8

Week 3, November 2010

Attendance: 63

Pre-Show:

Our locker room got a much needed boost tonight, when Nigel Svensson pulled out some fantastic impressions of some f the other lads. I have to admit I was very impressed. I also had a good conversation with KC Glenn, he’s a nice lad. The atmosphere in the Locker Room is slowly improving.

Main Show:

Nigel Svennsson vs Donte Dunn

Not the best opener from these two. Donte seemed to be off his game tonight, which was a shame as I expected better of these two. It was Donte Dunn who won the match, and booked his place in next month’s ‘Struggle for Supremacy’ match.

Winner: Donte Dunn in 8:01

Ant-Man vs Dermott Ayres

This was just a poor match. I had hoped that by having Ant-Man dominate, Ayres wouldn’t have dragged the match rating down quite so much. Ant-Man picked up the win, and is in the ‘Struggle for Supremacy’ match next month.

Winner: Ant-Man in 5:01

Brendan Idol Promo

Brendan makes his way to the ring to a warm ovation.

Idol: “It was nine months ago at Golden Opportunity that I became the first man ever to win this BAW Championship belt!”

Idol pauses as the crowd cheers.

Idol: “In those nine months I have been a fighting champion, putting my belt on the line time after time and each time I have walked away victorious. Tonight I will be putting my belt on the line once again against KC Glenn.”

Crowd boos at the mention of KC Glenn’s name.

Idol: “KC Glenn, you may have won your first two matches here in BAW, but I am undefeated in nine months! Guy after guy has come after me, but I’ve beaten every one of them. Tonight is going to be no different, and I will walk away from here with the BAW Championship still on my waist!”

Notes: Another reasonable promo from Idol, about what I’d expect from the champ.

Mr Lucha III vs The Masked Outlaw

These two pulled out a good match to put the show back on track. Mr Lucha has been on a roll lately, and won again tonight to book his spot in the ‘Struggle for Supremacy’ match.

Winner: Mr Lucha III in 9:42

©Brendan Idol vs KC Glenn

BAW Championship Match

Wow, these two put on a good Main Event! This was right up there with last week’s Main Event, which was the best in BAW history. The match went back and forth, with both wrestlers nearly picking up the victory on a number of occasions. Eventually though, it was KC Glenn who picked up the pinfall to become the new BAW Champion!

Winner: KC Glenn in 19:39 – New BAW Champion

Match of the night: Main Event

Trash of the night: Ant-Man vs Dermott Ayres

Next time: KC Glenn is the new champ! What does that mean for the Main Event picture?

“What the hell is wrong with you?” Harvey yelled as I arrived for Creative.

“Whoa, the show wasn’t that bad Harvey...”

“Forget the show!” he yelled back, “How many times do I have to tell you about the roster size?”

“But we’ve got 12 guys...” I began

“We’re a Small promotion now!” Harvey screamed back, “We need at least 16 guys! 12 makes us look like amateurs!”

“I....”

“I don’t care what you’ve got to say! Get out and sign some new wrestlers!”

With that I took my leave before Harvey got any angrier. I hadn’t realised that our increase in size meant we needed new guys. Just when I thought I had this job down something like this happens. Dylan wouldn’t have been impressed by that, and will probably take the FCW deal now.

The paper I picked up on my way back home picked up my spirits a little.

PSW D+

NYCW C-

BAW D+

A D+! That was the best rating one for our shows had ever received! Now I just had to make sure I got enough guys in by the next show to capitalise on it....

OOC: Can Danny rectify his mistake and bring in some new talent to BAW?

Predictions

This Month

1234 3/4

Funkyzafara 3/4

Zergon 2/4

BHK1978 2/4

Overall

1234 33/40

Zergon 30/36

BHK1978 25/30

funkyzafara 17/20

John Lions 7/8

juggaloninjalee 1/4

Maxx Hexx 1/4

Once again thanks for predicting guys. Unfortunately, no-one got all 4 this month. Just one show left in the year now!

Wow, December was certainly an interesting month. It started with me receiving an email informing me that we had come in last in the Tri State regional battle, which was to be expected. Almost immediately I found out that Dylan had signed with FCW, but just as I was about to start my search for a new Road Agent I was informed he would be staying on with us as well as working for FCW. When I rang Dylan to confirm this, he informed me that he’d also just extended his deal with CZCW... fair play to the man, he was doing well for himself.

I then quickly turned my attention to filling up my roster. According to Harvey’s email, I needed at least 4 new guys. My first signing was giant Japanese worker Sozen Ishinomori. At 6’7 and 330 lbs, he was a guy who could make a real impact at BAW. The next day, Dylan told me that Sozen currently lacks some of the skills needed to pull off a Brute gimmick, which took some of the gloss off of the signing.

Next I signed Chris Flynn and DeCipher. While these two guys would probably never be stars, they could certainly do a job in our Midcard over the next few months. I then struggled to find anyone suitable to fill the final slot in my roster.

On the day before our next show, I found the perfect guy. Unfortunately he wouldn’t be available for our year end show, but next year I think he could be a real star....

Predictions

BAW One Step Closer #9

Amazing Fire Fly vs Jayson Van Pelt (Struggle for Supremacy Qualifier)

Cal Sanders vs The Masked Outlaw

Brendan Idol vs DeCipher (Struggle for Supremacy Qualifier)

Struggle for Supremacy Match (Donte Dunn vs Ant-Man vs Mr Lucha III vs Fire Fly/Van Pelt vs Idol/DeCipher)

Struggle for Supremacy Match (Donte Dunn vs Ant-Man vs Mr Lucha III vs Fire Fly/Van Pelt vs Idol/DeCipher)

Random pick.

Again random pick.

Needs a win after losing his belt.

Struggle for Supremacy Match (Donte Dunn vs Ant-Man vs Mr Lucha III vs Fire Fly vs Idol)

I smell a rematch...if Idol doesnt win it will be Mr. Lucha, unfortunately i cant pick both :o.

<p><strong>BAW One Step Closer #9</strong></p><p>

Amazing Fire Fly vs <strong>Jayson Van Pelt</strong> (Struggle for Supremacy Qualifier)</p><p>

<em>Amazing Fire fly is amazing, but I guess Jayson is more over.</em></p><p>

Cal Sanders vs <strong>The Masked Outlaw</strong></p><p>

<em>More over, but not very good.</em></p><p>

<strong>Brendan Idol</strong> vs DeCipher (Struggle for Supremacy Qualifier)</p><p>

<em>He needs a part of the rematch.</em></p><p>

Struggle for Supremacy Match (Donte Dunn vs Ant-Man vs Mr Lucha III vs Fire Fly/Van Pelt vs <strong>Idol</strong>/DeCipher)</p><p>

<em>Idol needs a rematch and this is the best way.</em></p>

No idea here so I go with Pelt in order to make main event more balanced in terms of face/heels

Outlaw have been disappointment so I presume you are jobbing him down on the card

Former champ needs to at least be in the contention of top spots.

i agree that Idol needs to have re-match but that could happen with simply using re-match clause so he don´t nesasserity need to win this one while win here would help Lucha to become real contenter.

BAW One Step Closer #9

Week 3, December 2010

Attendance: 59

Pre-Show:

Going into our final show of the year, the locker room seemed the same as ever. It still wasn’t great, but it had definitely been worse.

Main Show:

Amazing Fire Fly vs Jayson Van Pelt

Struggle For Supremacy Qualifier

This was an okay opening match from these two. Ideally I would have had Amazing Fire Fly win this one, but because of my lack of Heel’s in the Struggle For Supremacy match I gave the victory to Jayson. Van Pelt hit a low blow behind the refs back, before rolling up Fire Fly to qualify for the Struggle For Supremacy match later tonight.

Winner: Jayson Van Pelt in 8:21

This wasn’t a great match. Neither of these two have been impressing me lately, so I put this match in to see if either could change my mind. They didn’t really do themselves any favours, but it was Outlaw who picked up the win.

Winner: The Masked Outlaw in 6:02

Sozen Ishinomori Segment

After the match has finished, the giant Sozen Ishinomori hits the ring. Outlaw quickly rolls out of the ring, away from the giant Japanese man’s clutches. Cal is not quite so lucky however, and Sozen manhandles him for a few minutes before posing for the crowd and heading to the back.

Harvey: “Who the hell was that?”

Weightman: “I don’t know, but seeing what he just did to Cal Sanders, I’d say he’s just put the entire locker room on notice!”

Notes: This did not go as well as I had hoped, I’m going to put it down to Sansers’ lack of overness this time around.

Brendan Idol vs DeCipher

Struggle For Supremacy Qualifier

Not too bad a match from these two. Idol looked to put DeCipher away early, but couldn’t manage it. DeCipher slowly worked his way back into the match, but an Idolizer gave Idol the win and ensured his spot in the Struggle For Supremacy match.

Winner: Brendan Idol in 8:12

Ant-Man vs Mr Lucha III vs Brendan Idol vs Donte Dunn vs Jayson Van Pelt

Struggle For Supremacy Match

It was time for the Struggle for Supremacy match! A five man elimination match, with weapons, tables and ladders thrown into the mix. The only way to eliminate an opponent was by pinfall or submission. Only one man would reign supreme and be left standing at the end of this match, and earn themselves a title shot next month.

The match itself wasn’t as good as I had hoped. It was the best match of the night, but wasn’t the blow away match I was hoping for to end our debut year. It probably didn’t help that both Idol and Ant-Man looked off their game.

Due to the fact Ant-Man was struggling, he was the first man to go after about 7 minutes. 15 minutes had passed when Mr Lucha III eliminated Jayson Van Pelt, and 5 minutes later he removed Donte Dunn. That left just Mr Lucha III and Brendan Idol. Idol looked like he was beginning to tire, presumably due to the fact that this was his second match of the night. Sensing this, Lucha went after Idol and got a sustained period of offence. With Idol reeling, Lucha went high risk. However, Idol was able to dodge a dropkick from the top rope, before hitting the Idolizer and picking up the victory. This meant that Idol reigned supreme, and would get a chance to regain the BAW Championship next month.

Note: I had planned on Lucha winning this, but Idol refused to lose it. So I had to compromise by having Lucha look strong, while Idol picked up the win.

Winner: Brendan Idol in 25:29

Match of the night: Struggle For Supremacy match

Trash of the night: Sozen angle

Next time: Well that's the end of our debut year! WHat will next year hold for BAW? Will Idol be able to regain his Championship, or will KC Glenn be too strong?

The last ‘Creative’ of the year was a generally positive affair. Harvey told me that our debut year had gone better than he could ever have imagined, and I should be very proud of the job I had done so far. We then discussed our options for our second year, and all 3 of us agreed that our aim should be to have reached ‘Regional’ status in the next 12 months. It was an ambitious goal for sure, but you had to aim high right?

Harvey then informed me of our finances. We had lost $4,624 on the last show, which was a little more than normal. That was to be expected though, with the five man ‘Struggle For Supremacy’ match. However, what Harvey hadn’t been telling me was how much the sponsorship deal he had secured was worth. With this new sponsorhip deal, we were actually making money each month, not losing it!

Harvey then bought to my attention that EXODUS 2010 had gone out of business in the last month. It was never nice to see a wrestling promotion go out of business.

As usual, I picked up the local paper on my walk home to see what they thought of the show.

PSW D+

NYCW C-

BAW D

Not bad at all, that sort of show would do us no harm at all at this stage. NYCW put on another good show, and must be really close to overtaking PSW as the head promotion in the Tri State.

End of year review

World

The yearly awards were handed out, and these were the results

Promotion of the Year: SWF

Most Improved Promotion: TCW

Promotional Growth: DIW, ACPW, BAW to Small; 5SSW, NYCW, WEXXV, FCW to Regional; GCG, WLW, RAW to Cult; NOTBPW, CGC, PGHW to National; TCW, NOTBPW to International; SWF, TCW to Global

Promotional Shrinking: CGC back to Cult

Out of Business: EXODUS 2010

Wrestler of the Year: Johnny Bloodstone

Young Wrestler of the Year: Wolf Hawkins

Veteran Wrestler of the Year: Jeremy Stone

Female Wrestler of the Year: Fuyuko Higa

Match of the Year: Steve DeColt bt Dan Stone Jr (NOTBPW October Obliteration)

Show of the Year: NOTPBW October Obliteration

BAW

One of the fans was kind enough to put a yearly review of the company online, and these were the results

Top 10 Shows:

1. BAW One Step Closer #8 (November 2010) D+

2. BAW One Step Closer #4 (July 2010) D

3. BAW One Step Closer #7 (October 2010) D

4. BAW One Step Closer #6 (September 2010) D

5. BAW One Step Closer #1 (April 2010) D

6. BAW One Step Closer #9 (December 2010) D

7. BAW Golden Opportunity (February 2010) D

8. BAW One Step Closer #2 (May 2010) D-

9. BAW Guilty Pleasure (January 2010) D-

10. BAW One Step Closer #5 (August 2010) E+

Top 10 Matches:

1. KC Glenn bt Mr Lucha III (BAW One Step Closer #7, October 2010) C-

2. KC Glenn bt Brendan Idol (BAW One Step Closer #8, November 2010) C-

3. Brendan Idol bt Davis Wayne Newton (BAW One Step Closer 4, July 2010) D+

4. Greg Gauge bt Mr Lucha III (BAW One Step Closer #1, April 2010) D+

5.KC Glenn bt Ant-Man (BAW One Step Closer #6, September 2010) D+

6. Greg Gauge bt Mr Lucha III (BAW Golden Opportunity, February 2010) D

7. Struggle For Supremacy Match (BAW One Step Closer #9, December 2010) D

8. Mr Lucha III bt The Masked Outlaw (BAW One Step Closer #8, November 2010) D

9. Brendan Idol bt Greg Gauge (BAW Golden Opportunity, February 2010)

10. Mr Lucha III bt Donte Dunn (BAW One Step Closer #5, August 2010)

Predictions

This Month

funkyzafara 4/4

BHK1978 2/4

1234 2/4

Zergon 2/4

Year Results

1234 35/44

Zergon 32/40

BHK1978 27/34

funkyzafara 21/24

John Lions 7/8

juggaloninjalee 1/4

Maxx Hexx 1/4

First of all, well done funkyzafara for getting all 4 right this month! At the end of the year, 1234 has the most correct guesses. So if you have any ideas, you have the erm honour? of creating BAW's secondary championship. If you have any ideas for it either post them in the thread, or drop me a PM. :)

I dont have any really ground breaking idea's, if anything i would like to see something similar to the ROH pure title, am posting from my phone so cant say much about the title, but if you dont know much about it im sure wikipedia will have information on it.

Archived