1975,97 and Default database linked

I was wondering if anyone has done this because i was doing this for 3 hours then i crashed and lost all my progress

When I say 1975,97 and Default i mean the cornell verse ones

in what way are you linking them? by merging the 3 databases into 1?

and by crashed- you, your tew10 or your computer?

my thought is it may be too much data for a single import or its too much data overall.

This is probably true, or simply that it looked like it had crashed but hadn't (it does that sometime).

My question though Chris, is why were you trying to do it in the first place? The 70s mod is based on the 97 mod and they have the default data in anyway. Is there something missing that you noticed? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

This is probably true, or simply that it looked like it had crashed but hadn't (it does that sometime).

My question though Chris, is why were you trying to do it in the first place? The 70s mod is based on the 97 mod and they have the default data in anyway. Is there something missing that you noticed? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

I was trying to put them together to play through the different times so start in the 70's and also to see when workers debut if they were going to be as succesful as they did become if that makes sense:confused:

I was trying to put them together to play through the different times so start in the 70's and also to see when workers debut if they were going to be as succesful as they did become if that makes sense:confused:

Not really a good idea. 97 has ALL the workers from the default dataset so mixing the two together will just make a lot of duplicates of workers who have changed name... and you'll lose all kinds of relationships, tag teams and more besides.

Throw in 75 and you'll just end up with an even bigger mess as the problems stack up and the data becomes a mess.

If you pick and choose what data you want to add you might have more luck... but just merging the datasets will not give you a very good end result.

my thought is it may be too much data for a single import or its too much data overall.

I've come across this problem before with other databases, I found the best way is to just select a few at a time, I've done maybe 20 at a time, and that seems to work.

• 3 weeks later...

Every worker that is in the default data is in the 97 verse and in the 77 verse. If you start a game in 1977 you can play all the way through to 2010 and beyond if you so choose.

That being said I can't imagine how hard it would be to maintain a game for 33 years.

Yeah, if you start in 97/default... well, it doesn't matter, as most of the folks from the 70s are already gone, save a few relics.

The only thing "missing" are some of the workers from 1997 only exist in that mod. They clearly don't work anymore in modern times, and are simply missing from the 1977 data. That said, there aren't too many and it isn't too hard to identify, import, and edit them. I actually did so for Europe. What? I'm a big Vasjan Sirotic mark.

Yeah, if you start in 97/default... well, it doesn't matter, as most of the folks from the 70s are already gone, save a few relics.

The only thing "missing" are some of the workers from 1997 only exist in that mod. They clearly don't work anymore in modern times, and are simply missing from the 1977 data. That said, there aren't too many and it isn't too hard to identify, import, and edit them. I actually did so for Europe. What? I'm a big Vasjan Sirotic mark.

Aren't we all Vasjan Sirotic marks? Deep down? Honestly? Come on now...-

Archived