TNA 2002: Pressing The Restart Button!

http://i43.tinypic.com/2rcoi21.png

2002, Bob Ryder, Jeff Jarrett and Jerry Jarrett went on a fishing trip and began to talk about their futures in pro wrestling. They discussed that the business, and how it is now going to start to fall in popularity because the whole industry is now pretty much owned by the McMahons. All three men discussed starting their own promotion, their ideas and who they would sign.

Jerry and Ryder thought this was just fishing talk, but Jarrett tuck it seriously and got started right away. While Ryder backed out of the deal, Jerry and Jeff decided to do it. A couple of weeks later, Jeff’s phone rang and he didn’t recognize the number…

Jeff Jarrett

Hello?

Caller

Jeff, I hear you starting your own wrestling promotion?

Jeff Jarrett

We have yet to make our press release but I guess it was bound to leak on the internet, who’s is this by the way?

Caller

I’ve just pulled out of my WWF contract; I didn’t like what they were doing with me. I would like the opportunity to help with your company, would you like to meet up?

Jeff Jarrett

Look, I have had load of calls asking the same thing. Me and my father are running things.

Caller

Sorry didn’t I mention my name? It’s Heyman, Paul Heyman.

Jeff Jarrett

Heyman?

After their discussion the two decided to meet up, and Heyman decided signed a TNA contract for exactly 1 dollar a month which was exclusive for six month. If the company was a success, Heyman would go on the payroll, Jarrett applied for a loan and it was accepted although no one accept Jarrett and Heyman knew how much it was. A press release was made soon after and their first event was announced which would be available on PPV on Cablevision. The industry is very excited, when TNA started advertising their first event which featured WCW legend Sting!

http://i39.tinypic.com/ic0lex.jpg

World Heavyweight Championship Tournament

Sting vs Scott Hall

DDP vs Steve Corino

Abyss vs Sabu

Monty Brown vs Mick Foley

Ron Killings vs Shane Douglas

Konnan vs Buff Bagwell

Bg James vs Scott Steiner

Jeff Jarrett vs The Sandman

X-Division Championship - Ladder Match

Wrestlers must pin another to be able to qualify, if they qualify they can go for the title.

Jack Evans vs. Teddy Hart vs. AJ Styles vs. Christian York vs. Joey Matthews vs. CM Punk vs. Brian Lawler vs. Elix Skipper vs. Christopher Daniels vs. Low Ki vs. Paul London vs. Sonjay Dutt vs. Super Crazy vs. Spanky vs. Taka Michinoku vs. Chris Sabin vs. Jerry Lynn vs.. Kazarian vs. Michael Shane vs. Kid Kash

I try and reply all comments!

Sting vs Scott Hall

DDP vs Steve Corino

Abyss vs Sabu

Konnan vs Buff Bagwell

Wrestlers must pin another to be able to qualify, if they qualify they can go for the title.

Jack Evans vs. Teddy Hart vs. AJ Styles vs. Christian York vs. Joey Matthews vs. CM Punk vs. Brian Lawler vs. Elix Skipper vs. Christopher Daniels vs. Low Ki vs. Paul London vs. Sonjay Dutt vs. Super Crazy vs. Spanky vs. Taka Michinoku vs. Chris Sabin vs. Jerry Lynn vs.. Kazarian vs. Michael Shane vs. Kid Kash

Sting vs Scott Hall

DDP vs Steve Corino

Abyss vs Sabu

Konnan vs Buff Bagwell

Sting vs Scott Hall

DDP vs Steve Corino

Abyss vs Sabu

Konnan vs Buff Bagwell

• 2 weeks later...

Sting vs Scott Hall - setting sting up as # one contender after the title is handed out.

DDP vs Steve Corino - love Corino but he does not have the name value needed

Abyss vs Sabu - Abyss vs Sabu in the early days, I just always saw Sabu as that guy who could out think, out move, and out wrestle the big dumb dolt in the mask. (my opinion has changed since)

Monty Brown vs Mick Foley - the first young guy I've picked I always thought Monty should have been bigger

Ron Killings vs Shane Douglas - hard pick I see Ron Winning here, then loosing and setting up a fued between these two based on Shane feeling that Ron cost him that one last big title run.

Konnan vs Buff Bagwell - got to have la rasa represent

Bg James vs Scott Steiner - Steiner is the genetic freak!

Jeff Jarrett vs The Sandman - If you are letting Jeff in you have to deal with Jarrett's ego, which means he is not going out in the first round.

-you could start to build up a new star, but to be honest they need to beat an established star at this point, which mean it has to be an established star that wins. I can only see that being Aj, Chris or Cm Punk.

Sting vs Scott Hall

DDP vs Steve Corino

Abyss vs Sabu

Konnan vs Buff Bagwell

Jack Evans vs. Teddy Hart vs. AJ Styles vs. Christian York vs. Joey Matthews vs. CM Punk vs. Brian Lawler vs. Elix Skipper vs. Christopher Daniels vs. Low Ki vs. Paul London vs. Sonjay Dutt vs. Super Crazy vs. Spanky vs. Taka Michinoku vs. Chris Sabin vs. Jerry Lynn vs. Kazarian vs. Michael Shane vs. Kid Kash

Sting vs Scott Hall

DDP vs Steve Corino

Abyss vs Sabu

Konnan vs Buff Bagwell

Sting vs Scott Hall

DDP vs Steve Corino

Abyss vs Sabu

Konnan vs Buff Bagwell

Sting vs Scott Hall

DDP vs Steve Corino

Abyss vs Sabu

Konnan vs Buff Bagwell

Archived