Official TV Show Discussion Thread

GatorBait19

Finally has anybody seen a show called Justified and is it any good?

I have watched the occasional episode and it seems ok. It doesn't seem great but is probably worth watching.

Also what did people think of the end to the Mentalist?

Shows I am watching,

Supernatural Season 6 - Originally brought the first 4 seasons for my wife but watched the first couple of episodes and got into it. Thought season 5 was a bit strange® in places but season 6 has made an interesting start.

The Chicago Code - Saw it advertised on Sky 1 and thought I would give it a shot, am hooked now.

Luther 2nd Series - Impressed with the first series and 2nd is pretty good as well.

Recently watched,

Deadwood - Pure quality but will probably require a second viewing to 'get' it all, ditto the Sopranos.

Spartacus:Gods of the Arena - Ok it was all a bit OTT but I thought the actual storyline was good and told the back story and set up the characters well. Looking forward to the third season.

True Blood Season 3 - Again a bit confusing in places and not as good as the first season IMO.

To watch:

The Wire - Seasons 3-5

Sons of Anarchy Season 3 - Anybody know where and when this will be shown in the UK?

Finally has anybody seen a show called Justified and is it any good?

I can't wait to see the new season of Luther (first season was great). However, there is no telling when I will be shown over here on BBC America as they have yet to show the last season of Ashes to Ashes and that has been done for a year now.

Sadly, Chicago Code is a one and done show. Which shocked me because I thought it was a quality show and besides House and American Idol and the Sunday bloc of shows it is not like Fox has anything half-way decent on.

Anyone watch it yet. Was wondering how it was.

Feels like a combination of Walking Dead, V (the newly cancelled one), and War of the Worlds.

Noah Wyle's and Colin Cunningham's characters are the most impressive ones so far.

I'm also tuning in for the Sarah Carter factor, and then below that, the Jessy Schram factor.

Moon Bloodgood is in it as well.

Show on television right now that I watch

Being Human

Walking Dead

Mad Men (kind of on tv still)

Entourage (last season was awful but its the last season so I'll still watch)

Dexter (again I feel this show peaked with the Trinity Killer but I'll give it one last go)

True Blood

Franklin and Bash (WATCH THIS SHOW!!)

Falling Skies (WATCH THIS SHOW TOO :D )

Also I'm looking forward to Terra Nova I've had my eye on this show since last year sometime. Its very expensive to produce so its going to have to do very well to last any sort of real time.

Show on television right now that I watch

Being Human

Walking Dead

Mad Men (kind of on tv still)

Entourage (last season was awful but its the last season so I'll still watch)

Dexter (again I feel this show peaked with the Trinity Killer but I'll give it one last go)

True Blood

Franklin and Bash (WATCH THIS SHOW!!)

Falling Skies (WATCH THIS SHOW TOO :D )

Also I'm looking forward to Terra Nova I've had my eye on this show since last year sometime. Its very expensive to produce so its going to have to do very well to last any sort of real time.

Meh, might as well list the shows I watch:

Watching right now, and my enjoyment level (1-10):

Falling Skies - 6.5

Conan - 7

Covert Affairs - 6

WWE - Anywhere from 2-8 :)

On Hiatus: Also rating them in terms of how I'm eager to see the next season on a 1-10 scale:

Haven - 6

It's Always Sunny - 7

Merlin - 7

Rizzoli & Isles - 6

Supernatural - 8.5

The Killing - 6

The Walking Dead - 9

Looking forward to, on a scale of 1-10:

Terra Nova - 8

Once Upon a Time - 7

Missing (sounds just like the movie 'Taken') - 6

Grimm - 6

Awake - 6

Hell on Wheels - 9

Charlie's Angels - 5

The Playboy Club - 5

• 2 weeks later...

Okay because I have nothing better to do I will make a list of my older favorite shows (Not all of my favorites will be on this list this is just a short list. Some some of these shows cross decades and I stopped at the 90's.):

1950's:

Rawhide

The Honeymooners

The Twilight Zone

I Love Lucy

1960's

Car 54, Where Are You?

Lost in Space

Star Trek

Bewitched

Dr. Who

1970's

Are You Being Served?

All in the Family

Good Times

The Jeffersons

Welcome Back Kotter

1980's

Cheers

Family Ties

ALF

Night Court

The Cosby Show

Perfect Strangers

Degrassi Jr. High

Law and Order

1990's

Seinfeld

X Files

Babylon 5

OZ

Homicide

Law and Order SVU

Larry Sanders Show

As you can see just a short list.

Currently watching all of SVU in Netflix. I love it.

Degrassi was and still is awesome. :p

I have not watched a lot of the newer Next Generation Degrassi (I stopped watching when the original cast went to college) but the show from the 1980's was great. It is weird seeing Snake as an old bald guy now.

I've liked a lot of shows in my day.

A few of my favorites, divided up into eras:

Classic, (1950s & 60s)

I Love Lucy

Mister Ed

Dennis The Menace

The Munsters

The Addams Family

The Twilight Zone

Alfred Hitchock Presents

Lassie (Timmy & Lassie; Jeff's Collie)

The Many Loves Of Dobie Gillis

Dragnet

The Patty Duke Show

The Donna Reed Show

The Dick Van Dyke Show

The Andy Griffith Show

Star Trek

The Honeymooners

The Flintstones

Leave It To Beaver

Retro, (1970s & 80s)

Welcome Back, Kotter

All In The Family

Sanford & Son

Gilligan's Island

ALF

Family Ties

M*A*S*H

The A-Team

Tour Of Duty

Who's The Boss

Our House

Star Trek: The Animated Series

Life Goes On

The Cosby Show

Little House On The Prairie

The Waltons

Good Times

The Jeffersons

Cheers

Growing Pains

The Wonder Years

The 90s, (well, the 1990s)

Star Trek: The Next Generation

Sliders

The X-Files

Home Improvement

Roseanne

Saved By The Bell

Law & Order

Homicide: Life On The Street

Married, With Children

Space: Above & Beyond

Babylon 5

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Beavis & Butt-Head

King Of The Hill

Freaks & Geeks

The Simpsons

Star Trek: Voyager

Modern Day, (2000 and Beyond)

Yes, Dear

Fringe

Friday Night Lights

Psych

Criminal Minds

Supernatural

House

Star Trek: Enterprise

Law & Order: SVU

The Killing

The Walking Dead

Falling Skies

Lights

Cold Case

Parenthood

Men Of A Certain Age

NCIS

Mike & Molly

According To Jim

Miniseries

The Bronx Is Burning

Band Of Brothers

The Pacific

John Adams

Into The West

Have a bad feeling I've left out a show or two somewhere...

*Shows that could appear in multiple eras are put into the one with which I most identified them

@dvdWarrior: You have listed a lot that I did not put on my list. I actually forgot all about Mister Ed and Dennis The Menace. And Dragnet, how could I forget Dragnet! Yes Jack Webb's acting was pretty bad but the show was still great.

A lot of your modern day stuff I like as well, I just did not want to go through that list as it is more fresh in my mind and it would take forever for me to do.

I know you are a Star Trek fan but Voyager?:p That was the only one I could never get into. I actually like DS9 the best out of the entire franchise.

I know you are a Star Trek fan but Voyager?:p That was the only one I could never get into. I actually like DS9 the best out of the entire franchise.

Voyager and Enterprise always seems to leave a few folks cold. I dunno, I've just never had any trouble getting into any of The Treks. As for Voyager, the 3rd season episode "Real Life" ranks among my all-time favorite Treks.

DS9 probably was the best of all the Trek shows though.

:)

Voyager and Enterprise always seems to leave a few folks cold. I dunno, I've just never had any trouble getting into any of The Treks. As for Voyager, the 3rd season episode "Real Life" ranks among my all-time favorite Treks.

DS9 probably was the best of all the Trek shows though.

I guess to an extent I never really gave Voyager a chance. I watched the first few episodes and I thought they were blah so I never bothered watching it after that. Perhaps if I would have stuck around longer, I might have ended up liking it.

Enterprise, I thought was very good. It is sad that it never found an audience for the most part. I am also a fan of every show that Scott Backula has been on (Enterprise, Men of a Certain Age, Quantum Leap) so because of Quantum Leap I was probably willing to give Enterprise more of a chance.

I guess to an extent I never really gave Voyager a chance. I watched the first few episodes and I thought they were blah so I never bothered watching it after that. Perhaps if I would have stuck around longer, I might have ended up liking it.

Enterprise, I thought was very good. It is sad that it never found an audience for the most part. I am also a fan of every show that Scott Backula has been on (Enterprise, Men of a Certain Age, Quantum Leap) so because of Quantum Leap I was probably willing to give Enterprise more of a chance.

IMO, the three Trek Musketeers, (TNG, DS9, and Voyager), were weaker throughout their first two seasons, but started to pick up steam during their third. To me, this was especially true for TNG - for two episodes in the first season, they just had things that had happened during the original series happen AGAIN, (Where No One Has Gone Before and The Naked Now). I was never big on that.

I always thought Enterprise was the first one that was consistently good from the first episode to the last.

I had forgotten Men Of A Certain Age though, I like that show a lot also.

I'll join in and list some of my favorite shows too:

1980s

Lots of cartoons (In the 'The 90's are All That' thread)

Knight Rider

MacGyver

1990s

And more cartoons...

Angel

Beyond Belief: Fact Or Fiction

Buffy

Fresh Prince Of Bel Air

Hercules

Home Improvement

Just Shoot Me!

Saved By The Bell

Seinfeld

The X-Files

Walker, Texas Ranger

Xena

Modern Day, (2000 and Beyond)

Arrested Development

Battlestar Galactica

Blade: The Series

Caprica

Dead Like Me

Dr. Who

Friday Night Lights

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

Jack Of All Trades

Jake 2.0

Journeyman

Legend Of The Seeker

Merlin

Supernatural

The Dresden Files

The Walking Dead

Guilty Pleasures

BeastMaster

Beauty And The Geek

Bionic Woman (the new one, with Michelle Ryan)

Birds Of Prey

Cleopatra 2525

Mutant X

Team Knight Rider

The Joe Schmo Show

V.I.P.

Future Guilty Pleasures

Gossip Girl

Teen Wolf

Will check out, eventually (roughly listed in order of which I expect to see ASAP):

The Wire

Game Of Thrones

Veronica Mars

Archer

Modern Family

Rome

Twin Peaks

I know practically nothing from the '50s-'70s. And I purposefully didn't list some modern shows I watch which I don't quite consider as favorites, shows such as Covert Affairs, Haven, Rizzoli & Isles, and The Killing, but still nonetheless watch on a regular basis.

I'm sure I missed some shows too.

I'm watching Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes on Netflix. I had low hopes going into it, but its a really well done show with a good voice cast.

I started watching it recently myself on Netflix and only have 2 problems with it so far. The horrible opening credit song and Tony Stark sounds like Jack Black which just throws me off.

I started watching it recently myself on Netflix and only have 2 problems with it so far. The horrible opening credit song and Tony Stark sounds like Jack Black which just throws me off.

To me he sounds like someone doing a bad RDJ impersonation. My craptastic roomates took their router when they moved out and my old router won't work for some reason, so I can't finish it. I had to use my other roomate's computer to check my email so I popped in here and saw your reply

The Wire might be the greatest show on all time not just me but people people voted on. You will love it.

I just need to dedicate a chunk of time to watch it on a regular basis, uninterrupted, that's the problem. I've wanted to get into it for a while now. I've heard very good things about it.

Eigan if you plan on watching game of thrones, might I suggest (if you haven't already) reading the books. The show and books just comp lament each other so well.

:p

Definitely will do that. But..."comp lament?" :) That's a new one, I've not heard of that before. Free sadness? Yay?

I know what you meant though.

I just need to dedicate a chunk of time to watch it on a regular basis, uninterrupted, that's the problem. I've wanted to get into it for a while now. I've heard very good things about it.

Definitely will do that. But..."comp lament?" :) That's a new one, I've not heard of that before. Free sadness? Yay?

I know what you meant though.

Sorry. Apple products like to auto correct my typing. :(

Season 1 just finished which ends with the ending of the first book.

I hate reading a book then watching it because I point out all the differences and can't enjoy it.

With game of thrones only a few minor things like ages of a few younger characters which actually makes more sense.