Official TV Show Discussion Thread

GatorBait19

My lady friend forced me into watching The VMA's last night. Seriously reminded why I hate MTV. Granted, I have been slightly entertained by some episodes of the Real World this season, but wow. The only actual rock band nominated for best rock video was 30 Seconds to Mars.

Then having to put up with Lady Gaga's hideous face every five minutes? Uuggghhh...

I got her back though, I made her watch Batman: The Animated Series :p

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Stennick" data-cite="Stennick" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27929" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Eminem's performance was fun, after that it went downhill quickly.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It seemed like Eminem was the only person to not lipsync last night...</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sabataged" data-cite="sabataged" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27929" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Its not the best... I would rate it like a 7 out of 10. The greatest series finale I ever seen was on Six Feet Under.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Surely Buffy has to win Best Series Finale?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="D-Lyrium" data-cite="D-Lyrium" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27929" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Surely Buffy has to win Best Series Finale?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Six Feet UNder is the greatest I ever seen...never watched this Buffy show</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="masterded" data-cite="masterded" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27929" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So The Dark Tower is going to be made into 3 Movies and a 2 TV seasons anyone else pumped? I was trying to figure out how one could do the Dark Tower Justice as a miniseries or a few movies and couldn't come up with a way seems Ron Howard found a way.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You are talking about the Stephen King series right? How is that supposed to work, being three movies and two seasons of television. Why don't they just make seven movies? Still yes I am pumped over it, all though I have yet to finish the series.</p>

So The Dark Tower is going to be made into 3 Movies and a 2 TV seasons anyone else pumped? I was trying to figure out how one could do the Dark Tower Justice as a miniseries or a few movies and couldn't come up with a way seems Ron Howard found a way.

I can't say I'm a fan of Ron Howard anymore. The last movie I actually liked from him as a director was Apollo 13 (although I've yet to watch Frost/Nixon so maybe there is hope).

Either way I'm not terribly confident he's the right choice for this.

You are talking about the Stephen King series right? How is that supposed to work, being three movies and two seasons of television. Why don't they just make seven movies? Still yes I am pumped over it, all though I have yet to finish the series.

Yeah the Stephen King books it is going to go Movie, TV season, Movie, TV Season, Movie. They are going to try and do a Lord of the Rings film it all at the same time type of thing (though one season will deal with Roland as a youth like in the books).

I can't say I'm a fan of Ron Howard anymore. The last movie I actually liked from him as a director was Apollo 13 (although I've yet to watch Frost/Nixon so maybe there is hope).

He talked NBC Universal into green lighting 3 Movies and 2 Seasons of a TV show before scripts casting or anything else went down. He may not have directed anything good in quite some time but his ability to handle a network makes him the right choice.

So you didn't like Ransom, EDtv, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, A Beautiful Mind (I actually like this one), The Missing, Cinderella Man (Another I liked), The Da Vinci Code, or Angels & Demons?

My two cents is this... I think he does well with what he has. No matter the topic, he brings you into the world/work he is directing. The amount of diversity in his collection (Cocoon, Willow, Night Shift and Backdraft for example), and the willingness to do the story as much justice as possible, gives me high hopes for The Gunslinger Series. Alot more then say if, Stephen King was going to direct them himself.

So you didn't like Ransom, EDtv, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, A Beautiful Mind (I actually like this one), The Missing, Cinderella Man (Another I liked), The Da Vinci Code, or Angels & Demons?

Ransom was only good for "Give Me Back My Son!!!" and that's it,

never finished EDtv,

trying to erase the live action Grinch from my mind,

one of the few who had no love for Beautiful Mind,

wanted to like the missing as it had a great cast but ultimately didn't like it,

Cinderella Man was too paint by numbers for me,

and Da Vinci Code & A&D might have ruined Tom Hanks for me.

So while Howard does get props for convincing the studios to run with the movies and tv series, he as a director is someone I don't really enjoy as of late. Everything he does just has a little too much of that Hollywood gloss for my tastes.

Ransom was only good for "Give Me Back My Son!!!" and that's it,

never finished EDtv,

trying to erase the live action Grinch from my mind,

one of the few who had no love for Beautiful Mind,

wanted to like the missing as it had a great cast but ultimately didn't like it,

Cinderella Man was too paint by numbers for me,

and Da Vinci Code & A&D might have ruined Tom Hanks for me.

So while Howard does get props for convincing the studios to run with the movies and tv series, he as a director is someone I don't really enjoy as of late. Everything he does just has a little too much of that Hollywood gloss for my tastes.

Man FINALLY someone who didn't like Beautiful Mind like me!

I thought Frost/Nixon was great (heck I drove an hour to see it because it was not playing anywhere near where I lived).

Onto television, I know how many on here feel about reality shows, but I can't wait for tomorrow Jimmy Johnson on Survivor and the end of Big Brother! Can't wait to see these shows!:D

The only reality t.v I've ever liked is Celebreality. I enjoyed watching the Hulk Hogan Sitcom, Flavor of Love 1 and 2, I love New York 1 and 2, I Love Money, Rock of Love 1 and 2, The Dice Clay show, The show with Ron Jeremey, Vanilla Ice, Mini Me, Cyna, they were all competing for something I forget the name of it. Dr. Drew's rehab show was cool.

Those are the only reality shows I've ever gotten into. Never watched even one second of Big Brother and the only season of Survivor I even have a memory of is the reunion show of season 2 with I think Colby as the winner.

I don't understand how Survivor is still entertaining when they seemingly do the same thing every time out.

<p>September is such an awesome month for season premieres. I'm pumped for new episodes of Dexter, House, The League (tonight), and The Office. Terriers is a pretty cool show. I've been watching a bit of it each episode with the lady friend. I'm looking forward to the new comedy 'Outsourced' on NBC (after The Office on Thursday's).</p><p> </p><p>

I finally watched the White Collar finale from a week ago and it shocked me. Any White Collar watchers in here?</p>