Official TV Show Discussion Thread

GatorBait19

I figure we have one for 3 different sports, wrestling, and a movie one (that is rarely used) so why not a TV one

SO TA DA :eek:

I'd like to say I am kind of disappointed that ABC cut Flashfoward, but happy they are bringing back V (John May lives)

I like both V and Flashfoward. However, out of the two I would have liked Flashfoward to have been kept on. I mean come on where else can you see the bad ass Irish guy from Brotherhood speak in a horrible American accent?

Also, I wish NBC would have kept the original Law & Order around for one more season to beat Gun Smoke's record.

I like both V and Flashfoward. However, out of the two I would have liked Flashfoward to have been kept on. I mean come on where else can you see the bad ass Irish guy from Brotherhood speak in a horrible American accent?

Also, I wish NBC would have kept the original Law & Order around for one more season to beat Gun Smoke's record.

I thought it would have only tied it?

I really think ABC has just been creating flashy TV. With Lost they make a "wow" or "holy ****" moment right before a commercial. FlashForward and V have been trying to do the same thing which annoys me. Doing that at the beginning and end of the show is great but when you're constantly trying to put heavy importance on a bunch of little things it makes it hard to care about the whole package.

I've watched all of FlashForward and I think the biggest problem was that really long break they took from December to March or whatever it was. I've only been watching episodes on Hulu because I never remember its on.

Season finale of House tonight was bad ass.

Anyone watch Breaking Bad? That show is probably my favorite on TV.

I really think ABC has just been creating flashy TV. With Lost they make a "wow" or "holy ****" moment right before a commercial. FlashForward and V have been trying to do the same thing which annoys me. Doing that at the beginning and end of the show is great but when you're constantly trying to put heavy importance on a bunch of little things it makes it hard to care about the whole package.

I've watched all of FlashForward and I think the biggest problem was that really long break they took from December to March or whatever it was. I've only been watching episodes on Hulu because I never remember its on.

Season finale of House tonight was bad ass.

Anyone watch Breaking Bad? That show is probably my favorite on TV.

That is exactly what it was. That killed the show dead in the water. Once they did that I knew it would probably not be long for this earth.

And yeah I love Breaking Bad, it has one of the best cast on television today in my opinion. Who would have thought that the Dentist on Seinfeld/Malcolm's dad would be so great in a drama? And John Carlo Esposito is great on there as well, which is funny because I did not like his character on Homicide.

what I do like is how Cable TV forced Network tv to stop playing reruns during summer

Yes! And as I recall, it was some TV luminary (Jack Welch maybe?) who said years ago that 'people will never PAY for TV so cable isn't a real competitor'.

Honestly, I don't watch much broadcast television besides 'Lie to Me', 'Fringe', 'Bones', and CSI (only Las Vegas and New York. David Caruso gets 'change the channel' heat from me, kinda like The Miz). I remember the first 'V' and the new one's first few eps didn't grab me.

I think the funniest shows on TV this season are all on cable. Property Virgins, My First Place, and (at times) House Hunters and House Hunters International on HGTV often make me fall out laughing with how completely clueless and unrealistic people are. I'm lovin' Goldberg on 'Garage Mahal' on DIY ("I hate to say 'I know a guy' but, I know a guy...."). His house (specifically his garage) is ridiculous (click the link). Let's see, NFL Total Access is something I watch daily.

Not a big TV watcher anymore though.

Yes! And as I recall, it was some TV luminary (Jack Welch maybe?) who said years ago that 'people will never PAY for TV so cable isn't a real competitor'.

Honestly, I don't watch much broadcast television besides 'Lie to Me', 'Fringe', 'Bones', and CSI (only Las Vegas and New York. David Caruso gets 'change the channel' heat from me, kinda like The Miz). I remember the first 'V' and the new one's first few eps didn't grab me.

I think the funniest shows on TV this season are all on cable. Property Virgins, My First Place, and (at times) House Hunters and House Hunters International on HGTV often make me fall out laughing with how completely clueless and unrealistic people are. I'm lovin' Goldberg on 'Garage Mahal' on DIY ("I hate to say 'I know a guy' but, I know a guy...."). His house (specifically his garage) is ridiculous (click the link). Let's see, NFL Total Access is something I watch daily.

Not a big TV watcher anymore though.

Love that, house, chuck, supernatural (kid coming out inside me), SOA, burn notice

I figure we have one for 3 different sports, wrestling, and a movie one (that is rarely used) so why not a TV one

SO TA DA :eek:

I'd like to say I am kind of disappointed that ABC cut Flashfoward, but happy they are bringing back V (John May lives)

V? Really that show just....Eww!

I agree with Remi about The Miz can't stand the guy Kudos to you!

I don't watch much television myself. I love the Law and Order shows. I watch them when I'm bored. House is well Awesome. If you don't watch that then there is something wrong with you.

I love the DIY network, and the Food network. I love to see new things to cook. I love to cook, so seeing new things is awesome.

I like House hunters and the international House Hunters for pretty much the stupidity of the people. I mean you have a budget but you whine about not having everything. Stupid people. :)

That is exactly what it was. That killed the show dead in the water. Once they did that I knew it would probably not be long for this earth.

And yeah I love Breaking Bad, it has one of the best cast on television today in my opinion. Who would have thought that the Dentist on Seinfeld/Malcolm's dad would be so great in a drama? And John Carlo Esposito is great on there as well, which is funny because I did not like his character on Homicide.

Yeah. This season of BB has been the best thus far. Everyone seems to be "breaking bad" this season - Skylar and Hank at least. I love the relationship between Walt and Gus. Overall just a bad ass show that nobody seems to know about. I ask a friend of mine, "ever seen Breaking Bad?" - "what the hell is that?" - "just the coolest show on TV today." :D

How could I forget about Dexter... that has gotta be one of the best shows going today as well. Most of these shows I have to catch online because I either don't get the channel or forget it's on. I don't watch TV every day but I do have about 5 shows that I like to stay up to date with.

I really like Mike and Mike In The Morning on ESPN. Sometimes when I have nothing important to do in the morning I watch that from 6am to 10am while working on PCs. They cover everything that's happening in sports to the point where I don't need to watch SportsCenter for anything.

Yeah. This season of BB has been the best thus far. Everyone seems to be "breaking bad" this season - Skylar and Hank at least. I love the relationship between Walt and Gus. Overall just a bad ass show that nobody seems to know about. I ask a friend of mine, "ever seen Breaking Bad?" - "what the hell is that?" - "just the coolest show on TV today." :D

How could I forget about Dexter... that has gotta be one of the best shows going today as well. Most of these shows I have to catch online because I either don't get the channel or forget it's on. I don't watch TV every day but I do have about 5 shows that I like to stay up to date with.

I really like Mike and Mike In The Morning on ESPN. Sometimes when I have nothing important to do in the morning I watch that from 6am to 10am while working on PCs. They cover everything that's happening in sports to the point where I don't need to watch SportsCenter for anything.

Dexter is great as well, I mean who would think to cast John Lithgow as a BTK type killer? And the fact that he not only pulled it off but did an awsome job doing it, was great. And I am looking forward to seeing what they will do next season, seeing how they ended last season.

Dexter is great as well, I mean who would think to cast John Lithgow as a BTK type killer? And the fact that he not only pulled it off but did an awsome job doing it, was great. And I am looking forward to seeing what they will do next season, seeing how they ended last season.

I've talked to a lot of people who watch that show and they said they hated him on that show. My response - :eek:?!?!?!?!

I thought he was marvelous guest starring the entire season. He played his character perfectly. I've read there is a lot of interest from actors to guest star on that show, so it will be very interesting to see who they bring in next season. The ending to this past season made me flip out for about 5 minutes afterwards. It was just me thinking to myself... "how can things be perfect and then complete ****?" :confused:

I've talked to a lot of people who watch that show and they said they hated him on that show. My response - :eek:?!?!?!?!

I thought he was marvelous guest starring the entire season. He played his character perfectly. I've read there is a lot of interest from actors to guest star on that show, so it will be very interesting to see who they bring in next season. The ending to this past season made me flip out for about 5 minutes afterwards. It was just me thinking to myself... "how can things be perfect and then complete ****?" :confused:

I agree that shocked me as well, and it is not very often that I get shocked by something that happens on TV. She was just such a huge part of the show and I was very surprised that they ended up getting rid of her.

All though I know her character was not all that popular with a lot of the fans of the show. So that might have explained her demise.

I agree that shocked me as well, and it is not very often that I get shocked by something that happens on TV. She was just such a huge part of the show and I was very surprised that they ended up getting rid of her.

All though I know her character was not all that popular with a lot of the fans of the show. So that might have explained her demise.

I was starting to dislike her towards the end but like you said, she was a major part of the overall story. There are so many things left unanswered with that season. What happens to the kids? The baby? How does Dexter react? All of those questions hit me like a ton of bricks when the season ended because throughout all of the seasons you can see the change in Dexter's character because of Rita. Is all of that null and void now? Does he become worse than he was? What a show. :)

burn notice

The best thing about Burn Notice, is Fiona. She's awesome :)

I don't watch much television myself. I love the Law and Order shows. I watch them when I'm bored. House is well Awesome. If you don't watch that then there is something wrong with you.

Well, besides the 'base' L&O (that was canceled recently), I like Law & Order too. Criminal Intent was my favorite but SVU has its moments too. I just don't like the turnover that occurred on Law & Order after Fred Thompson left.

I love the DIY network, and the Food network. I love to see new things to cook. I love to cook, so seeing new things is awesome.

Heh, I love Alton Brown. Well, Alton, Giada (who is SO little but SO hot), Sandra Lee (-Cuomo?), Anne Burrell, Guy, and Robert Irvine.

I like House hunters and the international House Hunters for pretty much the stupidity of the people. I mean you have a budget but you whine about not having everything. Stupid people. :)

Exactly! These people wanting places downtown with tons of space, in the middle of everything, with a huge backyard, for like 50 grand. Or the people buying vacation homes in developing areas (like Nicaragua or Costa Rica or Panama) and complaining about ongoing construction. What, you think you're the only people who want (relatively) cheap houses on the beach? There was one episode where this couple was looking for a vacation house in Roatan and the guy complained about the walk from the parking lot to the condo. Of course he was a fat ass and the walk was like 20 yards. You wanna park your car right against the waves, genius?

Or the one in Turks & Caicos where the guy wanted to buy a house (so he'd have somewhere to retire to) but his wife wanted them to do 'fractional ownership'. Yeah, you pay $2 million for the right to visit the property 12 weeks out of the year. OMG what a bargain! :rolleyes: Fractional ownership only works for things that wouldn't be used all the time (private jets, for example. Or for vacation homes that are only really desirable part of the year, like a house in a ski destination). If you're looking for a place to retire to, you BUY the whole thing.

The best thing about Burn Notice, is Fiona. She's awesome :)

Well, besides the 'base' L&O (that was canceled recently), I like Law & Order too. Criminal Intent was my favorite but SVU has its moments too. I just don't like the turnover that occurred on Law & Order after Fred Thompson left.

Heh, I love Alton Brown. Well, Alton, Giada (who is SO little but SO hot), Sandra Lee (-Cuomo?), Anne Burrell, Guy, and Robert Irvine.

Exactly! These people wanting places downtown with tons of space, in the middle of everything, with a huge backyard, for like 50 grand. Or the people buying vacation homes in developing areas (like Nicaragua or Costa Rica or Panama) and complaining about ongoing construction. What, you think you're the only people who want (relatively) cheap houses on the beach? There was one episode where this couple was looking for a vacation house in Roatan and the guy complained about the walk from the parking lot to the condo. Of course he was a fat ass and the walk was like 20 yards. You wanna park your car right against the waves, genius?

Or the one in Turks & Caicos where the guy wanted to buy a house (so he'd have somewhere to retire to) but his wife wanted them to do 'fractional ownership'. Yeah, you pay $2 million for the right to visit the property 12 weeks out of the year. OMG what a bargain! :rolleyes: Fractional ownership only works for things that wouldn't be used all the time (private jets, for example. Or for vacation homes that are only really desirable part of the year, like a house in a ski destination). If you're looking for a place to retire to, you BUY the whole thing.

I am really not going to break this down into cute litle quotelettes like you did because I am to lazy. :p

I love Giada. She makes some great food. She is one of my favorites to watch. Between that and Iron Chef America.

Really LOVE SVU and C.I. I don't care for Jeff Goldbloom (?)

I love Giada. She makes some great food. She is one of my favorites to watch. Between that and Iron Chef America.

Really LOVE SVU and C.I. I don't care for Jeff Goldbloom (?)

OH YES! Nigella Lawson! Probably the only British woman who could get me to get up early on Saturday morning! Okay maybe not (Lucy Pinder, Sophie Howard, Louise Glover, all could too :p). But I really like Nigella, even though most of the time I don't think I'd like what she makes.

And I like Jeff Goldblum because he's so different from Goren but then again, so alike. While Goren was weird because he was a serial killer's son, Goldblum's character seems a bit more varied. I'm sure they're going to give him a nemesis like Goren had though (it was too successful last time not to do it again).

OH YES! Nigella Lawson! Probably the only British woman who could get me to get up early on Saturday morning! Okay maybe not (Lucy Pinder, Sophie Howard, Louise Glover, all could too :p). But I really like Nigella, even though most of the time I don't think I'd like what she makes.

And I like Jeff Goldblum because he's so different from Goren but then again, so alike. While Goren was weird because he was a serial killer's son, Goldblum's character seems a bit more varied. I'm sure they're going to give him a nemesis like Goren had though (it was too successful last time not to do it again).

I loved Goren.

I prefer the female role of Mariska Hargitay on the LaO shows. I liked that tough chick yet feminine thing about her.

I like both Goren and Nichols... think they each bring their own sort of 'cool' to their characters.

I was sad to hear that Cold Case and Ghost Whisperer were canceled, I liked both of those shows. I kind of expected it for both of them though: the closing vids on Cold Case hadn't been quite as heart-wrenching these past few seasons, and Ghost Whisperer had what I secretly suspected might have been a shark-jumping event a while back.

Glad Parenthood got renewed, I like that show a lot.

My favorite shows these days are House, Psych, Criminal Minds, and Friday Night Lights.

Just ordered a season of Friday Night Lights on DVD.

:cool:

I like both Goren and Nichols... think they each bring their own sort of 'cool' to their characters.

I was sad to hear that Cold Case and Ghost Whisperer were canceled, I liked both of those shows. I kind of expected it for both of them though: the closing vids on Cold Case hadn't been quite as heart-wrenching these past few seasons, and Ghost Whisperer had what I secretly suspected might have been a shark-jumping event a while back.

Glad Parenthood got renewed, I like that show a lot.

My favorite shows these days are House, Psych, Criminal Minds, and Friday Night Lights.

Just ordered a season of Friday Night Lights on DVD.

:cool:

Yeah it sucked to see Cold Case to go. Sadly it was still doing decent ratings but it just cost too much money to make and that was why it was canceled.