Official TV Show Discussion Thread

GatorBait19

I like both Goren and Nichols... think they each bring their own sort of 'cool' to their characters.

I was sad to hear that Cold Case and Ghost Whisperer were canceled, I liked both of those shows. I kind of expected it for both of them though: the closing vids on Cold Case hadn't been quite as heart-wrenching these past few seasons, and Ghost Whisperer had what I secretly suspected might have been a shark-jumping event a while back.

Glad Parenthood got renewed, I like that show a lot.

My favorite shows these days are House, Psych, Criminal Minds, and Friday Night Lights.

Just ordered a season of Friday Night Lights on DVD.

:cool:

Friday Night Lights is a good show. I've liked all of the seasons thus far. I saw the entire season they're airing on NBC right now a few months ago when they originally showed them on a DirecTV exclusive channel.

House... That 70's Show.. CSI: Miami.. The Big Bang Theory(sometimes).. Fresh Prince.. Simpsons. On and off with Scrubs. Pretty much come down to this. I've really been away from TV lately.

Only show I stay consistent with is It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Fresh prince was the best show ever!

I love the Fresh Prince, always have - you gotta love The Carlton Dance, and I'll never forget the "Silly Rabbit, Trix are for kids" joke - but I'd have to side with All In The Family on this one. Has to be one of the greatest sitcoms ever.

I'm kinda hesitant to post his particular clip here.... it could be a spoiler if you've never seen it, and it's kind of a downer. It's from Archie Bunker's Place, which was an extension... so to speak... of All In The Family, but I kinda lump it in with the original show anyway, and it's still one of the most powerful scenes I've seen in a sitcom. If you've never seen (or heard of) Archie Bunker's Place, might want to avoid the clip till later, to prevent the spoilage.

Anywho, here it is...

:o

I love both of them shows.

But really you can't NOT agree that Fresh Prince was just amazing.

Oh I can and I will agree that it was not amazing. It was a decent show but not great. And I would have found the Carlton dancing thing funny, if Bill Cosby had not done almost the exact same thing on his show a few years before that.

Now the Cosby show, that was amazing!

Oh I can and I will agree that it was not amazing. It was a decent show but not great. And I would have found the Carlton dancing thing funny, if Bill Cosby had not done almost the exact same thing on his show a few years before that.

Now the Cosby show, that was amazing!

Cosby was good. I can't give it more than that because it never really sparked an interest in me too much.

I felt they always had the same thing going on each show and got kind of boring.

I loved shows like Cheers, M*A*S*H and Wonder Years that had ongoing stories and epic endings. I mean, the finale of M*A*S*H... brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

Right now I'm big time into How I Met Your Mother, and also like 30 Rock. But... they'll never split my sides as much as Marrid with Children did.

I loved shows like Cheers, M*A*S*H and Wonder Years that had ongoing stories and epic endings. I mean, the finale of M*A*S*H... brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

Right now I'm big time into How I Met Your Mother, and also like 30 Rock. But... they'll never split my sides as much as Marrid with Children did.

Still the highest broadcast TV show episode ever........... or something like that

Cosby was good. I can't give it more than that because it never really sparked an interest in me too much.

I felt they always had the same thing going on each show and got kind of boring.

I think most episodes were fairly versatile, I guess it depends on the seasons... maybe. I loved the Cosby show, would probably watch it any day but if there's one thing I had against it... the filler episodes were god damn boring. Holy crap did they leave you with mixed expectations. One episode is hilarious, wants to keep you going for more, the next they have this.. silly family reunion full of old folks that reside in Nostalgia Mode about things we either don't have a clue about or things we possibly can't relate to.

I think most episodes were fairly versatile, I guess it depends on the seasons... maybe. I loved the Cosby show, would probably watch it any day but if there's one thing I had against it... the filler episodes were god damn boring. Holy crap did they leave you with mixed expectations. One episode is hilarious, wants to keep you going for more, the next they have this.. silly family reunion full of old folks that reside in Nostalgia Mode about things we either don't have a clue about or things we possibly can't relate to.

Yep.

I mean there were plenty of episodes that were just great. Those were the ones that kept me watching. I just couldn't get into watching every episode because you would get the crappy episodes days in a row. I get bored with Television way to quickly I think. :D

I not sure how many in the States have had a chance to watch this but BBC America is currently show the second season of Ashes to Ashes and it is a great show. I never had the chance to see the U.K. version of Life On Mars. However, I have been an avid watcher of Ashes to Ashes and it is worth watching.