Official TV Show Discussion Thread

GatorBait19

Well they have brought in a whole parallel universe storyline. Josh Jackson's character is from a parallel universe and when his counter in our universe died, Walter went into the parallel universe and kidnapped him and brought him over here. So that is pretty sci fi.

As much as I love sci fi this just seems like lazy writing to me. You want to be shocking and have an awesome cliffhanger (I would assume, no yes?) where the main character dies and the audience is thinking WTF just happened where do they go from here.

Only for an evil twin or in this case a parallel universe self show up and after a few quirky episode the joke runs its course and everything is right back to where they left it.

That being said its all the in build, if they foreshadow this happening the entire season and there is a ton of build up for it and it makes sense then thats fine but most of the time it doesn't and they forget that he's not even the "real" character until some random storyline episode calls for it.

I'm not saying thats how Fringe is I'm just saying in general I hate it when any t.v show does that.

Has the new season started? An old girlfriend recommended me this show when it was brand new (like two years ago) and I loved it. Will Ferrall playing a Ric Flair like character (whoo whoo) was awesome. I hope Ashley somehow finds his way to Mexico. I guess I don't understand why it took them two years to produce more episodes. I'm also not sure I like how they completely did away with the cast from last season (aside from cameos). I really liked his setting there.

As much as I love sci fi this just seems like lazy writing to me. You want to be shocking and have an awesome cliffhanger (I would assume, no yes?) where the main character dies and the audience is thinking WTF just happened where do they go from here.

Only for an evil twin or in this case a parallel universe self show up and after a few quirky episode the joke runs its course and everything is right back to where they left it.

That being said its all the in build, if they foreshadow this happening the entire season and there is a ton of build up for it and it makes sense then thats fine but most of the time it doesn't and they forget that he's not even the "real" character until some random storyline episode calls for it.

I'm not saying thats how Fringe is I'm just saying in general I hate it when any t.v show does that.

LOL...

Reminds me of Star Trek: DS9. Their ship, the Defiant gets blown up...

And in the next episode they just take a ship of the same class and rename it the Defiant. Don't even bother adding an "A" to the registry number. It's like "hey look, it basically wasn't destroyed for all intents and purposes!"

Loved Beerfest making fun of that mechanic when Landfill (that was it, right?) died, and they just replaced him with his identical twin brother... who asked to be called Landfill in his brother's honor.

Sorry I should have said this in the previous post. This all happened when Josh Jackson's character was a little kid. He had no idea that he came from another universe until the last season.

East Bound and Down is fricken halarious anyone who has HBO I highly recomend it.

It is great! I love that they made a show about John Rocker (well not really)! But yeah East Bound and Down is one of the best comedies on television. I would put it up there with Its Always Sunny and Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Another great HBO show that does not get a lot of fanfare is Bored to Death. I mean look at the cast Ted Danson, Zach Galifianakis, Oliver Platt and Bebe Neuwirth. What is there not to love about that cast?

Its always Sunny may be my favorite show on T.V not named Mad Men. I've loved that show since its start.

Bored to Death was AWESOME. Whats not to love about a writers blocked author who smokes too much weed and a drunk/high/who knows what Ted Dansen running around doing crazy things with fat jesus from Hangover (although he was in this first).

GREAT show.

Its always Sunny may be my favorite show on T.V not named Mad Men. I've loved that show since its start.

Bored to Death was AWESOME. Whats not to love about a writers blocked author who smokes too much weed and a drunk/high/who knows what Ted Dansen running around doing crazy things with fat jesus from Hangover (although he was in this first).

GREAT show.

Mad Men is another great show and Joan well what is there not to like about Joan? Once again I really wish I had a drool icon...

I work for the CW and although I'm not supposed to really say this.....I'll just say your expectations are about where they should be. Even the people in network really aren't as well they just you know. That being said its not horrible and it should be an interesting aspect to our rather one sided view on being a chick station. There will be more ass kicking in this show. That being said one show if you like chick shows everybody should take a look at is Hellcats I've seen it and can say its a fun show.

I work for the CW and although I'm not supposed to really say this.....I'll just say your expectations are about where they should be. Even the people in network really aren't as well they just you know. That being said its not horrible and it should be an interesting aspect to our rather one sided view on being a chick station. There will be more ass kicking in this show. That being said one show if you like chick shows everybody should take a look at is Hellcats I've seen it and can say its a fun show.

Do they follow the original Nikita pretty closely?

As will I.

Have you ever seen the original?

yeah, I thought it was raw and I just don't feel CW will be able to match that

I wanna watch hellcats for the chicks lmao

Totally unrelated to everything but Gatorbait's avatar reminded me that Psych is one of the few American TV shows from recent years I have enjoyed. Only got into it this year and have been catching up.

My tastes in most things put me at odds with what is popular today but I really I like the formula, each episode being a self-contained story with a resolution and the humour which all remind me of the way TV shows were when I was growing up as opposed to the meandering season-long story archs and overly serious nature of most series in recent times.

MLT,

The Story is the same, rogue agent, kind of against her will, erased identity, kick ass machine etc.

I didn't watch the first one that much except for like the first season or two and that was damn like 12 years ago back when it was on after wrestling.

Gruntmark we took Bell away because we were informed from your doctor that your "chaffing" would be fatal if it didn't stop :D

MLT,

The Story is the same, rogue agent, kind of against her will, erased identity, kick ass machine etc.

I didn't watch the first one that much except for like the first season or two and that was damn like 12 years ago back when it was on after wrestling.

I loved the original. :)

Well I'll check the first episode out, hope it's worth my time.

I don't watch much TV because it's all crap.

WATCH MORE T.V, if more people start doing stupid things like spending time with their family, listening to the radio, working out, and otherwise being active outside of television I'll be on the street, do you want me on the street? To coin a phrase I don't think so...:(

T.V....NOW.....EVERYONE!

WATCH MORE T.V, if more people start doing stupid things like spending time with their family, listening to the radio, working out, and otherwise being active outside of television I'll be on the street, do you want me on the street? To coin a phrase I don't think so...:(

T.V....NOW.....EVERYONE!

Give me something worth watching then.

A-ha, so you're the one who took Reaper away from me!

*forms a mob to rush the castle with pitchforks and torches!*

You work for an affiliate, or the main umbrella, Sten? [Forgive me, I'm lazy, and shorten most all names. lol]