How many games do you.....

How many games do you start that you don't do a diary on but wish you had done one?

I don't think I write a very good diary, but it does help me enjoy playing the game more.

I find myself either starting a diary and having something happen that disrupts the game before I post anything in the forums. OR. I get a pretty good game going, but didn't start a diary for it and wish I had, thus ending the game.

So anyone have an extremely long running game that they haven't done a diary for?

Actually, I have played every TEW game there was and the old EWRs and never ever wrote even one diary, when at times some of my games would extend over 10-15 years. Incidentally, in hindsight those are the ones I would have liked writing a diary for, but I just simply lack the time to do so.

I had an epic WMMA2 game as WEFF and wish I'd done a diary on it. Had to try and get Rozz to drop her title. Threw everything at her, and no one could beat her. Then had one of my fighters knock her out with a head kick and then *straight* after get picked up for drugs along with my second best fighter that month.

TEW I had a really good MAW one going, but I felt like MAW was over done and I didn't write anything down. Had some really nice unique moments during the run. All my MAW games after this were a bit generic.

I've built MAW up to Global and we're the #1 promotion in the world in August 2020. When we reached international I changed everything to WCW. Jay Chord isn't a horrible boss and I've been lucky that he hasn't had any more negative relationships since Mean Jean Cattley. He's actually had a positive relationship pop up with Spencer Spade and Brett Starr. I always get owner goals now that I have to keep their popularity / momentum above a certain level.

Doing a diary would have been cool because people could see everything I've done over almost 11 years of game time. I think the real reason I haven't done any diaries (or at least none that got off the ground) is because I like to play the game at my own pace. Having to sit around and wait for people to make predictions and whatnot - I could be booking shows instead. It comes down to my patience. I have none when it comes to TEW. I love tearing through weeks and months.

I've only had two TEW games that I felt I should have done a diary for. First, was my diary. The second was a recent TCW game. Most of it was pure-mathematical-bull, but I turned Rick Law into this seductive, vampiric heel character with a coven of women that I thought was pretty damned good. There was drama there that could have made good reading.

... but mostly I play TEW differently to how I'd actually book a wrestling show. I play to 'win', while I don't think diaries should be about that. It should be about entertaining the readers. Most of my private games don't take any of that into consideration.

Archived