The Video Game Thread

Genadi

U get casual gamers & critical gamers the only difference is the critical gamers are usually unemployed slaggin off cadual gamers who can afford to buy far too many games we never finish. Its why i full of throwaway comments coz i cant find time 2 argue over games i might have played :-)

Can you use grammar? Bugging the literal f**k out of me. Oh, and please keep things nice, and don't anger anyone. Swanny's just saying his point in this case.

But besides my comments, I've seen Deus Ex: Mankind Divided gameplay on YouTube, and dang, I really want that game. Also, why don't I buy the Just Cause hype? What is the point of that game anyways?

U get casual gamers & critical gamers the only difference is the critical gamers are usually unemployed slaggin off cadual gamers who can afford to buy far too many games we never finish. Its why i full of throwaway comments coz i cant find time 2 argue over games i might have played :-)

But you are, and this is a family friendly site.

Gamers are gamers, I know a lot of people who are employed FULL TIME have a family, and still find time to play and beat games.

Critical gamers are what has made the gaming industry evolve so instead of criticizing those gamers, you should be thanking them.

Anybody got any good free Android games to recommend? All I've been able to enjoy so far is Flow Free and Major Mayhem.

Depends on what you like. Valkyrie Crusade is a card collecting game that you use said cards to battle other cards, sorta like magic, but not really? Spell fall is an elemental battling match 3 game,

WWE supercard is one that is played and talked about on here, WWE imortals also, Other than that I can't think of any as I don't tend to play android games much.

But besides my comments, I've seen Deus Ex: Mankind Divided gameplay on YouTube, and dang, I really want that game. Also, why don't I buy the Just Cause hype? What is the point of that game anyways?

Just Cause 2 is legit awesome. It's basically just a generic (but good) FPS with a physics-based gimmick weapon, but it's a ridiculously fun gimmick weapon! Personally I loved it, for what it was.

And stop it with the arguing, swearing and baiting. Everyone.

Android games? Ascension is the bomb diggity, yow!

These 'discussions' always stem from a bad choice of words, like "you suck", even when phrased conditionally. To be fair, the 'working' in Shenmue was one of the main things I remember, which means it left an impression. And due to the nature of the event, it must be because it look a relatively look time. And I can't really say I 'sucked' at the game. It's a great game, but it wouldn't do good if it were to be released nowadays.

And all right: you convinced me D-Lyrium. I'll play some Just Cause asap. Tried Street Fighter on 'easiest', only to get beaten by the arcade boss Seth on the first try. There were times when I'd rage, but I just chuckled a little, now. :p

Looked shenmue up on youtube since i didnt get an answer here :-D

Both your questions were answered. The answers were "yes" and "no". There was no need for youtube, though the gameplay videos will always be good to judge if a game is good.

It also seems I sold my copy of Shenmue II some years ago. Not my greatest plan ever as it apparently fetches 30€ and more. Oh well... :p (thank god it wasn't the DC version)

Interesting how they handle the supposed or alleged backwards compatibility. So far there's a list of Rare games that were planned to be playable on the console anyway (and Kingdom of Keflings... really?). They never said anything about finishing the technology to do this. I'm not a technonut, but I get that getting those games to work is a hard affair.

So far there isn't one interesting game outside of the Rare bundle that will see the light anyway. I fear it'll just be the digital arcade games that will make the conversion. Smart of them to use it as a marketing stunt to sway people who are still choosing, but in the end it will just lead to more disappointment, even if they didn't promise anything.

btw: Batman titles at GMG for 3,75 a piece. Still don't want to get Origins though. The games are all the same, and the 'hitman' story doesn't really tickle my fancy. Did preorder Arkham Knight (premium) though as it was just 31 on g2play. The keys are legit, and it beats the ridiculous pricetag of 80+.

Anyone playing Elder Scrolls Online?

I'm playing on XB1 and it's absolutely fantastic. I'm totally hooked. The map is simply massive. To say it's the biggest game map I've ever played is an understatement. If there's a bigger map out there I'm not aware of it, I've never played anything remotely close. There are SO many different places to play I can't imagine how long it would take to do it all.

As a PvE MMO it's great. One of the best "solo" MMO's out there I would imagine. Because of the crafting and the copious amounts of quests you can complete by yourself, you can easily level 1-50 without needing anyone's help. But to do it all, you've got to get with a group. Currently, the group finder is horrendous. So if you want to run group dungeons you have to talk to people. The social aspect is what it is. If you want to talk to people you have only one option: a microphone. There's no text communication (although there are emotes). There is a mail system but it's been bugged every time I've tried to use it (since launch up to and including early Monday morning). So forcing a microphone on people has it's ups and downs obviously, but I found a solid guild and I pretty much just talk to those guys and I've just been having a blast.

The PVP is rather complex. A short way to describe it is that you're in a persistent world for a few days at a time where you acquire and lose strategic points for your alliance. These might be mines or lumber mills for resources but most likely will be a castle keep of some kind. And some of these castles are gorgeous to look at. There are various ways to attack and defend these strategic points, and so many different things are going on at once. Without text based communication it can be, at best, organized chaos or at worse utter bedlam. But in general if you get a decent sized group together it's a ton of fun.

I've NEVER had this much fun on an MMO. Maybe I just like the console experience better. Maybe this game's just that good. It certainly has some flaws but I'm more than willing to overlook them considering all the great things this game has to offer.

Anyone playing Elder Scrolls Online?

I'm playing on XB1 and it's absolutely fantastic. I'm totally hooked. The map is simply massive. To say it's the biggest game map I've ever played is an understatement. If there's a bigger map out there I'm not aware of it, I've never played anything remotely close. There are SO many different places to play I can't imagine how long it would take to do it all.

As a PvE MMO it's great. One of the best "solo" MMO's out there I would imagine. Because of the crafting and the copious amounts of quests you can complete by yourself, you can easily level 1-50 without needing anyone's help. But to do it all, you've got to get with a group. Currently, the group finder is horrendous. So if you want to run group dungeons you have to talk to people. The social aspect is what it is. If you want to talk to people you have only one option: a microphone. There's no text communication (although there are emotes). There is a mail system but it's been bugged every time I've tried to use it (since launch up to and including early Monday morning). So forcing a microphone on people has it's ups and downs obviously, but I found a solid guild and I pretty much just talk to those guys and I've just been having a blast.

The PVP is rather complex. A short way to describe it is that you're in a persistent world for a few days at a time where you acquire and lose strategic points for your alliance. These might be mines or lumber mills for resources but most likely will be a castle keep of some kind. And some of these castles are gorgeous to look at. There are various ways to attack and defend these strategic points, and so many different things are going on at once. Without text based communication it can be, at best, organized chaos or at worse utter bedlam. But in general if you get a decent sized group together it's a ton of fun.

I've NEVER had this much fun on an MMO. Maybe I just like the console experience better. Maybe this game's just that good. It certainly has some flaws but I'm more than willing to overlook them considering all the great things this game has to offer.

I have been wanting to ask someone who has it, do you need to play it online if you have it for the console? Or can you just play it solo?

I hate playing with other people because they tend to try to screw with you.

I have been wanting to ask someone who has it, do you need to play it online if you have it for the console? Or can you just play it solo?

I hate playing with other people because they tend to try to screw with you.

It's an MMO, so it's purely Online. I have a small group of friends that I play with, but other than that I mostly solo. I've not spoken to anyone that isn't in my friends list, but I have tagged along with some. Not come across a total douche yet.

I also LOVE this game, Ive now bought it twice, once on PC at launch and now on console. :)

Yea you have to be online, can't play it offline. Everything is on a server.. But I would imagine, if you wanted to, you could VERY easily solo this thing with next to no contact with other people. There's also very little a person could do to screw with you in this game. I've yet to have another player do anything that even remotely inhibited the game for me.

Yea you have to be online, can't play it offline. Everything is on a server.. But I would imagine, if you wanted to, you could VERY easily solo this thing with next to no contact with other people. There's also very little a person could do to screw with you in this game. I've yet to have another player do anything that even remotely inhibited the game for me.

In fact the other players come in a great help. Got to go beat a boss in a cave? Players already there? Awesome! Get one hit and it counts as your kill.

Like I say, I mostly solo, and the small group I am in will occasionally meet up to do a group quest. Other than that we just chat while going about our own business.

On PC I soloed exclusively (but then I also soloed most of World of Warcraft, too). I didn't have any friends with it on PC (hence why I re-bought it on console). It's easy to do, just treat it like Skyrim but with a world full of other players.